Fixing sad weapon swap syndrom

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Sorry this ones gonna be a bit lengthly.
(Disclaimer 1: I’m sure a lot of the people like the game as it is. I love the game. I’m just picky and have a lot of time on my hands)

In this game if you don’t want to nerf yourself you HAVE to frequently switch out between 2 weapon sets, just because of the length of the CDs. You use one weapons skills, switch to the other and use it, switch back to the first weapon and the CDs are almost done. If you use only one weapon…well enjoy standing around and auto attacking. Its no longer a case of “oh hes running away let me switch to my rifle”. Its “oh jeez i’m in a close quarters combat situation but my greatsword is on cooldown so let me switch to my rifle and run away”. I’m not going to argue weather or not this makes sense. Its a videogame. ->I am going to argue that a system that was made to give the players more tactical options has instead forced them to play a certain way.<- That seems a bit counterproductive. I suggest this be changed (not that i expect much of the player base to back me on this, but it is what it is)
(Disclaimer 2: Not saying all these suggestions are good, they are simply the ways I see that could fix the “problem” i have brought up)

Suggestions:

1. Take away weapon CDs(or make them extreamly low) and completely revamp the skills so that they are all of equal power and feel more like tactical options than powerful skills. <—not gonna happen

2. Freeze the other weapon sets CDs until you are swapped to it.<— not gonna happen

3. Put all weapon skills on a resource system instead of CD (like theives). <- not gonna happen

4. Allow people to have 1 weapons and instead of switching they “flourish” the weapon and blast some seconds off of its CDs. (This idea i stand by. It would allow people to truly specialize in a single weapon and open up new tactical options. Trading in versatility for a more powerful single weapon)
4a. Or for people using 1 weapon in both slots. The CD’s could simply last half as long.
Edit: if people were given the option to reduce CD as an alternative to weapon swapping, i think that would allow people to decide when to weapon swap instead of being dictated by it(<-best idea IMO)
^ Please god let something like this happen

5. Tweek weapon mastery traits so that they all apply to multiple weapons so that people don’t feel bad when they swap out to something else. Right now it feels abit imbalanced that guardian two handed mastery can be useful all the time, but mace mastery only good half the time(because again if you don’t switch to a second weapon and use those skills your basicly nerfing yourself).

Well that’s about all my tiny brain could think up. Feedback always appreciated.

(edited by Silhouette.5631)

in Suggestions

Posted by: White Devil.3176

White Devil.3176

Hey. I agree with your opinion. It is a bit annoying having to change weapons, even when you would rather just use the one that appeals to you and your ideal character.

Being forced to weapon swap due to cooldown rotating is kind of frustrating it kind of feels at some times that you must roll through them somewhat monotonously..

Not sure how to fix that. Your suggestions are okay I guess..

Perhaps there could be a secondary set of skills made for each weapon. That way you could use the same weapon in both slots and have different cool downs and skills on each set.. That sounds cool to me, but thinking about it, also seems quite flawed lol. Though I think it really could be a lot more interesting than it is now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Hmm how about this. The same weapon doesn’t share its cool downs on a secondary of the same weapon. So if you’re a great sword guardian, you have 2 sets, each a great sword. You use all the cool downs on one and swap to the fresh one.