Fractal Weapons

Fractal Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Let me say, these skins look amazing.
Let me also say, the fact that they cannot be sold or traded is also amazing.

But, the drop rate is horrible, and there is no definitive way to obtaining one. so, I’ve been thinking, how can it be made still unique to the dungeon but atleast making the drop table more reasonable.

I believe each fractal weapon should have a higher chance (lets assume its 1% in 20-25, bump it up to 10% for that bracket) once a month from a specific boss at the end of the fractal. So for example:

May 1st. Doing the cliffside fractal. The end of the fractal chest reward has a 10% chance to obtain the fractal hammer, or the mace, or the sheild, or the scepter (weapon selection should be relevant to the zone in some way, hammer definitly fits this fractal).

This bonus doesn’t go away until the player obtains a fractal weapon (being in the correct fractal levels ofc). The bonus would be account bound so once any alt obtains the fractal weapon, the bonus goes away across that account. This helps in 2 ways.

1. The grouping of weapons makes it easier to know where you are likely to obtain the weapon you want, but its still random to an extent.

2. The drop rate is useful for a short amount of time. Since it is once a month, people can’t farm these weapons still maintaining the unique flavor fractal weapons present.

Crafting them or using pristine relics to obtain them isn’t unique imo, it’d make fractal weapons just like any other recipe and thats not the point. They should be unique during the dungeon not some collective item you farm.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Fractal Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xeraion.1582

Xeraion.1582

just change the droptable from Maw to a token instead of a weapon, which you can convert into the weapon from a merchant

Fractal Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

that’s Brilliant, i would like to see that coming. Anyway i just started doing fractals and i’m on lvl 3.

Fractal Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Fractal skins do not drop on level 20-25

Skins only drop on level 30+

Fractal skins are cool because the rng is horrible. I rather not have them increase drop rates because fractal skins is a good indicator of luck and skill

Fractal Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

They drop from lvl 20 as said on wiki

Fractal Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Fractal skins do not drop on level 20-25

Skins only drop on level 30+

Fractal skins are cool because the rng is horrible. I rather not have them increase drop rates because fractal skins is a good indicator of luck and skill

I just don’t see rng being in any way shape or form, a type of skill. Skill and luck are basically antonyms, skill guaruntees success in high numbers, luck in high numbers (mf) still means bupkiss which btw, mf doesn’t affect chest loot. So its still complete luck, and from guildies say and other players in game, the drop rate is horrible even in high level fractals. Once a month with a slightly higher chance for 1 to drop seems reasonable enough to keep the idea of a in-dungeon drop still viable. I don’t think the base drop rate should increase, but some way to give people a fighting chance maybe people would push for higher fractals or start them up again. I see the number of people running fotm go down quite a bit in the last few months probably because people see nothing useful in there or the things they want in there are so rare to find they gave up.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”