Friends list needs overhaul, chat colors would be helpful

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kitty.9365

Kitty.9365

Some things I believe would be helpful regarding the friends list:

Friends list notification: Would be nice to know when our friends pop online without having to constantly open it to see if they are online.

Privacy: It pains me that anyone can add me and know when Im online regardless of what toon Im on. Sometimes I just want to level quietly or not be involved in any RP, do things with my guild or whatever other reason. Having people add me on my Rp toon and then having those same people whisper me to RP when Im on another toon is annoying (using that as one example). I dont have a problem with my guild seeing/knowing all my toons, its the other random people I meet ( and sometimes wish I hadn’t met). Surely we can find a compromise here.

Invisible: The ‘Invisible’ feature is useless to me because I cannot see or participate in guild chat when using it. See ‘Privacy’ above.

Other things of interest:

It would be nice to be able to change the color of chat text. Sometimes a yellow ‘G’ isnt enough to grab the attention of my roaming eye when exploring the wonderful world of Tyria. I believe party chat and whisper chat are the only ones actually true to color. Having a way to distinguish chat by colors would be most helpful.

Chairs: My tired and weary RP feet would love to be able to sit and relax in a chair. Might I add that your opening and closing of doors is awesome ;-)

Just some ideas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You already get notifications from friends. But only in chat tabs in which you have activated “Game messages”. Click in the little arrow next to the tab name, and check the ‘game messages’ check box.

As for chat colors, it’s rather faint but all channels except Team have a hue.
Map has a faint red hue, Guild has a faint yellow hue, etc.
Team isn’t completely white either, but you need my retina (or taking a screenshot and checking the pixel in a bitmap editor) to see it, so for most people it’ll look white enough.
If you have an LCD screen, changing the angle of the screen should help you see these colors, or increase saturation if your videocard or screen have such option.

It would be cool, though, to be able to pick and choose colors for individual players in your friend list, and yourself. Lines from guild members could have the channel color in the name, but golden guild color in the chat line, so you can notice them better too.

Doors can be opened and closed, but they must be ‘enabled’ to do that. When they are selectable, they seem to trigger their own animation, and block entrance when closed.
This appears in a few places, I’m guessing it was so time consuming that they stopped doing that altogether.
Interestingly enough, some are active for some people, but not for others.
For example, my noble human can open and close a house in Manor in Salma district, while my commoner can’t.
Let’s hope they eventually have time to enable more closing doors as they fix problems in maps.

As for chairs, I found that rather annoying.

I’ve seen games that have sitting animations, and you must position yourself so it looks like you sat on the chair, so you can also sit in the air.
If chairs you can ‘use’ to sit on them would take too much time, at least that would do, as long as most chairs are at the same height, it should work.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!