Full pvp server

Full pvp server

in Suggestions

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I am just wondering what people would think of a single server that had full open world pvp, ideally a separate server accessible in addition to your home server so you don’t have to pick one or the other. If you played DAOC I was thinking of something like Mordred, where even in groups you would hit your friend, so it was a big chaotic mess of fun. I am not sure how this could work with the current system of picking one and only one server so I am not sure if this is even implementable. I’m just curious what people’s thoughts are on this.

Full pvp server

in Suggestions

Posted by: SevenSigma.7462

SevenSigma.7462

The game was made to encourage cooperation and to prevent griefing as much as possible, so open world PvP would run against some core design choices.

Furthermore, servers with different rules segregate the community and demand specific fixes, spreading developer resources.

If you like open PvP, GW2’s version of that is WvW. Have you tried it?

Full pvp server

in Suggestions

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

Yes I have and enjoy it. I was just asking to see what peoples thoughts were on this as another possible thing to do, because wvw is not the same as open pvp. Again anyone who played DAOC will attest to the fact that Mordred was not RVR. I was simply curious what people thought of the idea of another aspect to the game.

Full pvp server

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

dynamic events would become slaughter houses.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

Full pvp server

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I will never agree with having words with special rules. No PvP, no RP, no starting level 80. Nothing like that.

If you want to fight others, you go to the competitive areas.
If you want to RP, you just do it.
If you want to be level 80, you just level up.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Full pvp server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

Just a question: who would you expect to be fighting… everyone?
Doubt that a ffa enviroment would be very enjoyable…