GW1 online status in GW2 (bug or feature?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

I really don’t know if this is a bug or a feature:

i think some of us know that when you’re online in GW1 (and your accounts are connected) the online state is also shown in GW2 like if you’re on the character selection screen there. I think it’s a bit annoying not only for those who care about privacy issues.
Friends can PM you in GW2 even when you are not online there – of course you cannot see or reply to it which is very annoying for them since they don’t know that you’re in GW1.

Suggestions to fix this:

• make an option to show GW1 online state in GW2 or not (possibly in both games)
  • make it clear in GW2 that a player is playing GW1 and cannot reply (or not even be PM’d)
  • remove the GW1 online state completely from GW2 (if the above doesn’t work)

(Not to mention the major security flaw because it seems both games are using the same login servers and creditentials… but thats another story)

(edited by smiley.1438)

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

O_o didn’t know that, i do wonder if it would be possible for them to actually make it possible then to actually PM ppl in gw1 from gw2 and vice versa, could be kinda interesting if you could

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

Well it already have cross achievements cross friends list would be nice. although maybe Organised Like a instant Messanger IE. Guild wars 2 Friends list here Line break Guild Wars 1 Friends here