GW2: Awarded with gift from villagers (event)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knight.1084

Knight.1084

Hello,

So have you ever seen an event happening but you decided not to go and help out?.
Would you radar help out of there was an random item awarded to you too.

- After the event is successfully finished you then go to the main towns PUB.
There are the towns people there waiting for you and wanting to thank you and also give you an reward. Like a present, you get the present as an item and then double click to open it and that gives you a random item. And this can be expanded too.

IMAGE EXAMPLE:
http://i1.minus.com/ibgFhQiDlr8TX1.jpg

The image shows an example of when the attackers raid a town in Gendarran Fields.
When you complete that event you are awarded exp,silver & karma.
You get the award but also you can go into the PUB and collect a gift from the villagers.

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

Anyone at all please? Please guys some feedback.

Oh and about the picture (the picture shows me in a town. I had mistaken that town for another one with a PUB in it (where the arrow on the image is pointing). And the NPC for example would not have to be in a pub but if a pub/stable/etc is near by then it would make more sense because you’re entering a building.

So if there was no pub,etc nearby it could be an NPC just out in the open or you go to the closet town/village of that zone. it could even be that the reward is given by someone in a town of that zone

Why?:
Because having a capital town/village in each zone would make the game feel more “home”/“social”/etc.

(edited by Knight.1084)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Johnny Boi.4980

Johnny Boi.4980

I think rewards from villagers or people that you aided yourself would be a great idea!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Out of curiosity… Would there be a notification of some sort to let you know that an additional reward would be available and that you must speak to so and so to receive it?

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

Out of curiosity… Would there be a notification of some sort to let you know that an additional reward would be available and that you must speak to so and so to receive it?

Well you know you get the medal with the karma,silver and exp.
You get that and also the reward from the villager.

You would have to walk to the villager yourself and collect it.

Why?:
This adds more of a do to the game, its more rewarding and feels more rewarding.
It would make people do more events and be more active (preety much for no reason)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Why?:
This adds more of a do to the game, its more rewarding and feels more rewarding.
It would make people do more events and be more active (preety much for no reason)

From an RP perspective, I would really love this. Plus, more rewards is always a good thing as a player. As long as I didn’t have to guess who provided an additional reward and who doesn’t.

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

Why?:

From an RP perspective, I would really love this. Plus, more rewards is always a good thing as a player. As long as I didn’t have to guess who provided an additional reward and who doesn’t.

Oh well yes of course, it could show up on the map of the location of the NPC.

And the you having to go collect it yourself is done on purpose by the game because that’s what people like too. the event system is very good but also having this along with the event system (or something similar) would greatly increase the satisfaction.

in Suggestions

Knight.1084

I don’t like the Pub idea, this would create a lot of work for Anet to implement as they would have to set up an NPC for each dynamic event. More than anything if it was to work, you should simply get a common reward chest for each dynamic event you do (like meta events).

I don;t think it will happen anyway as there are way too many dynamic events around and would encourage farming. Also on the note of people waiting for you at the pub wanting to than you… I’d get pretty bored of everyone praising me over 50 times a day for each event i take part in. Dunno about anyone else.

Firstly as of now the gw2 rewards you with the medal (bronze,silver or gold) , silver , karma and exp.

^ You would get that.

AND you would have the personal option to go to the main town of the zone to get the reward (been an random item) or something.and its there waiting for you forever

read this please https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Lions-Arch-B-B-Each-Zone-Main-PUB

as its an updated idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

I would love to see a villager come running up to you asking you to come to the pub. If you had already left the village, the villager can’t find you you don’t get the message or the reward.
On a side note; this is something we were told a few years ago that GW2 would be doing. Sad to say that this falls into another broken promise.