GW2 Mounts Suggestion

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: LATVIAN.7853

LATVIAN.7853

Hi

I think it would be really cool if GW2 had mounts.

I know there are way points to make your travel easier however nevertheless people running around on mounts or maybe even fighting on mounts would be a really cool addition to GW2. They can even make a big profit doing that because they could sell them in the Gem shop. I know i would certainly buy one!

So what you you people think about mounts in game?

Thank You

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crisvok.9307

Crisvok.9307

i would not be surprised if they added them later on

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

WP seem to make most mounts pointless i guess fighting from one would be a fun event but beyond that it would become game braking if you could do it full time. Just image a ranger on a mount in wvw you would never be able to get them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: LATVIAN.7853

LATVIAN.7853

I dont think WP’s would make mounts pointless because you still need to walk to places iknow its not far but still it would make it faster

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And think how fun it would be in Orr, with you being pulled down from your mount every 10 seconds!

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

And think how fun it would be in Orr, with you being pulled down from your mount every 10 seconds!

Would have to give Orr mounts and there mounts will have a pull / cc too!

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Please use the search bar. Every person supporting mounts seems to believe it deserves a new thread each day… This is getting ridiculous. Add your opinion to the existing topic, I believe it’s titled “Mounts [Merged]” in the suggestions forum.

inb4lock: I’d vote no on mounts. Makes people less likely to hop into DEs they stumble upon, and with Waypoints and most classes having skills giving speed boosts and jumps, rushes, etc to travel faster, there’s no real need for mounts. If you’re going for collectibles, that’s what minis are for. Fighting mounts would be a neat idea for a minigame, but outside of that is a flat-out no from me.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Oh, this thread again.

Move on, people. Nothing to see here. A vulture picking at a rotting corpse.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDarkGuild.4521

TheDarkGuild.4521

Maybe some ground mounts but flying mounts would kind of wreck the exploration atmosphere. I don’t really like the idea of them being in the gem shop because they did say they didn’t want anything in the gem shop to give you an advantage in game, especially battle advantage. I also don’t agree with mounts being available in PvP because it may give some sort of advantage to the people that have mounts over the people that don’t. If they implemented mounts that you are able to get in game after completing a certain dungeon/achievement or just finishing your personal story, anything like that would be fine IMO. If mounts only give a speed boost then I don’t see how it can unbalance the game in any way.

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pistol Joe.3741

Pistol Joe.3741

I agree With Race Based Mounts , Tho i hope it dont go WoW On us ..

Beer Belly Joe – SoS NA

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You want movement speed bonuses on mounts OP? Pick a utiltiy skill that has a movement speed increse. Otherwise, use wp to get around. And for the love of Tyria, use the search bar you <insert negative comment>.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

At first I thought mounts would be useless with WP’s. After hitting 80 and seeing the stupid prices of them, I would welcome mounts now

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talyjta.9081

Talyjta.9081

I wonder… whom is more possibly leaving out an dynamic event, someone porting and thus sitting in front of a load screen, or someone who comes along the way and seeing something happening? (Same for dying / dead other players. If I port I will not even see them. If I run or ride my way, I have an eye on my environtment usually.)

Thus I’m pro mount also in this thread :-) .

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Mounts are a bad idea. We don’t need them. At all.

Waypoints are numerous and cheap (Don’t listen to what the money-obsessed say, they really are). You don’t need to travel across any large distances in this game at all to get to where you want to go.

We don’t need mounts.

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

NO. Usually I have a more detailed answer but there’s so many mount threads that I am just going with that from now on.

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Oh, this thread again.

Move on, people. Nothing to see here. A vulture picking at a rotting corpse.

Basically. This is only the million and first thread about this. They basically confirmed that no mounts will be in game. The game doesn’t have the right mechanics to support it. It’s been explained literally a million times why mounts would not and can not work in GW2.

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kriptonic.5863

Kriptonic.5863

I really wish they had mounts its one reason I keep going back to WOW its cool and all to have the waypoints but sometimes I just want to ride around but no I have to port to an area then walk forever it seems like to the next waypoint then port then walk some more just gets old I would probably stick with GW2 if they had mounts but guess ill keep paying blizzard. maybe next time around

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inkubus.7529

Inkubus.7529

I really wish they had mounts its one reason I keep going back to WOW its cool and all to have the waypoints but sometimes I just want to ride around but no I have to port to an area then walk forever it seems like to the next waypoint then port then walk some more just gets old I would probably stick with GW2 if they had mounts but guess ill keep paying blizzard. maybe next time around

Please, do not compare it with WOW as WOW is quite different game. Mounts there do have a lot reasons to be where I will pull two most important in my opinion.

1) GW2 has WP and WOW has those paid travel services. But, every GW2 zone has immense amount of WPs and WOW doesn’t which render mounts must have in WOW.

2) WOW does have PvE servers but obvious game mechanics is revolving at the open world PvP and sometimes you want fast sneak past the enemy and avoid confrontation. Also, in many WOW BGs, mounts play important role. Here it would have relevance only in WvW.

What you people need is to alter your skills (utilities) and weapons when out of combat to gain swiftness and other boons alike.

Also, GW1 didn’t had mounts so I doubt it. It could be technical issue (in GW1 they didn’t had other races) but I really doubt they will implement mounts.

Inkarius [ele] Inkores [war] Inkratos [ran] Inkariosa [nec] MaINK The Liar [thf] Inklusion [msmr]

GW2 Mounts Suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

You can find the mounts discussion here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Game-Improvement-Suggestions/page/23#post880835

Please feel free to join in with any kind of suggestions you think might improve the game.

This thread is closed. Thanks