GW2 need re-forge stats system

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

What does this mean? For example I have “ring” with some stats: 70 power – 50 condition damage – 50 healing power. This ring is not bad but I don`t need this stats. Re-forge system need to change the stats on item in way that I want to play or build my hero. System will leave the same numerical order(70-50-50 for example) but I can change stats on item – for example to 70 power – 50 vitality – 50 toughness. I think that such system can solve the problem with random drop, grind and whine on forums about unluck drop in FoTM and future dungeons or something. Hope devs will read this topic…

in Suggestions

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

I’d agree with this if the long-term releases of the game was more gear-advancement based. To my knowledge (and from everything they’ve said), it’s not. It makes sense for a game where gear is the core concept and new gear with better stats is released with every content update (every few months). GW2, however isn’t designed that way. With a few exceptions, the “best” gear in the game at launch is still the “best” gear available.

Having a reforge system like WoW’s in GW2 would serve to create a “stagnant” state. While the “eternal” carrot-on-a-stick is not present in GW2, there is still a carrot out there.

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

My solution to this is to sell the one you have and buy the one you want. The price difference generally isn’t too great (unless what you want has a rare/popular superior rune/sigil), plus its quick and easy.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

in Suggestions

Deathmond.7328

This was only example…I`m not whining here. This thread only about suggestion how to make GW2 better!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

This was only example…I`m not whining here. This thread only about suggestion how to make GW2 better!

I understand what you are saying, and I don’t think anyone is particularly saying your whining

Although like stated before
GW2 is not a gear based game. For any type of build you can find stated armor that will compliment that build. The only gear progression we have in GW2 is Ascended armor, and this armor is for one specific purpose only it is to do Fractals. Having Ascended armor will not make you 10 times better than anyone in WvWvW or Exploratory dungeons. Exotic gear is still the top tier gear you can get, and even though Ascended Gear is slightly better in stats as I will post a photo that shows you that, it will not be to the degree that you out class the other person.

There for there is no real reason for Re-forging stats, I can do just as an effective job in Green 80’s as I can do in Exotics. I just have to up my skill game a lil more. As far as Arena Net has stated and held to gear will never be a deciding factor on a outcome of doing a dungeon, pvp, or lower level fractals.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

My solution to this is to sell the one you have and buy the one you want. The price difference generally isn’t too great (unless what you want has a rare/popular superior rune/sigil), plus its quick and easy.

I would do that with Ascended rings if ANET let me. But they don’t, so I can’t.

in Suggestions

Deathmond.7328

Very sad that this thread have so bad rating…

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I’d love if they did that really. I like to experiment with different stats and it’s far too costly in GW2 to do it correctly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

They said that future expansions are going to have different stat combinations on the new gear, this would completely negate their idea for future expansion.,

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You could lock the possible stats until the player unlocks that specific distribution somehow. And the new stat combinations would be found in the expansions.