GW2 needs a tweak...

GW2 needs a tweak...

in Suggestions

Posted by: AnotherAgnostic.9468

AnotherAgnostic.9468

There are two things that GW2 could do for retention and getting people to spend money on the game.

1. Implement a combat system like Tera’s. You can do a workaround with Combat mod but its not perfect. Holding the right mouse button and targeting with a key is just about moronic and wow-ish. The game would be so much more fun with a few changes.

2. Make skins permanent. Why would i spend $10 on a skin that will be obsolete as soon as I level up… thus trying to force me to purchase transmutation to keep the skin I already paid for. Not only does this make me not want to buy the skin, it kind of makes me feel like they are trying to milk me for every penny. Whether or not they are isn’t important, it’s important that I don’t feel that way. The solution: make skins permanent and make more of them.

One last note… I know its not totally necessary since the game is so easy to tele-port around but sometimes people would like to show off a mount or two.

That is my 2 cents. The game is great but could be the best with just a few tweaks.

Ken.

GW2 needs a tweak...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Mounts are in the game already.

You don’t need to purchase Transmutation Stones as they’re already available by completing maps (which you should be doing if you’re PvE, anyways). If you’re plopping the skin onto a level 80 gear, you should be sure of your build beforehand, anyways, so there’s no point in buying Transmutation Crystals unless you’ve been Stoning your armor (but that’s a personal choice, just like wearing Cultural armor while leveling is a personal choice). Lastly, how would making people not spend money make Arenanet money?

Implementing a combat system like TERA’s would not make people spend money on the game.

And, to reiterate:

Mounts are already in the game, you can purchase them in the gem store.