GW2 on Steam!

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uzzwick.8457

Uzzwick.8457

Why not make GW2 available on Steam? This would make a ton of new players check out the game and would benefit the community.

all is vain

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

In the mean time, link your GW2 client to steam and launch it from there so all your steam friends can be jelly.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

And yet plenty of games are successful with out the use of steam… There are plenty of people that do not like steam, so your suggestion is to subject them to that?

Air.6452 said it and solves your problem with out inconvincing others link your game your self problem solved

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalizaar.4729

Kalizaar.4729

“Make available” does not mean “Make the only option to play”. I’m not sure how you came to that conclusion that selling the game on Steam would inconvenience anyone. Does selling the game at Walmart inconvenience anyone? Steam is just a store. If you don’t like Steam, buy your games at another store instead.

If GW2 were to become available for purchase on Steam nobody would have to use Steam, but people that DO use Steam might be drawn to buying the game which is good for everyone.

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TekHawk.8215

TekHawk.8215

I would like to see this for the fact I can gift it to friends for BDays and what not

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

Steam would want a cut of the profits made from selling the game. At this point Anet does not need to go to that extent to sell the game.

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

you can open up a web browser in game without minimizing GW2.

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Air.6452

Air.6452

you can open up a web browser in game without minimizing GW2.

You can still use the steam overlay in games that are not on steam. You just have to add it to your library and launch it from steam.

Chody – Leader of We Came To Dance GW2
Crystal Desert
We Came To Dance [WCTD]

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Steam would want a cut of the profits made from selling the game. At this point Anet does not need to go to that extent to sell the game.

And Best Buy, Gamestop, and just about every retailer that carry the game don’t?

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I don’t even buy anything other than digital downloads any more.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meeooww.3742

Meeooww.3742

I think the reason it’s not on steam is because Valve takes a cut out of micro transactions.

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khetnen.7231

Khetnen.7231

I think Meeooww is right. Not only does Valve take a cut, but I think they require you to use the steam system for any micro-transactions a steam user buys. This would mess up the trading gems system and might make it so steam users can’t buy gems with gold.

However, I like steam, and GW2 could have a long list of achievements to show off if they could somehow make it work.

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Anet didn’t go in to details, but they made a vague post on guru a long time ago about not being available on Steam because of changes Valve made to their policies. I don’t remember them saying it was specifically microtransactions, but that’s the best guess.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

GW2 on Steam!

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I don’t think Khetnen is right about the micro-transactions. I played DDO through steam and even bought the expansion through steam but I still bought everything else through the DDO store.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard