Game Already Dying?

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: HERO.2057

HERO.2057

So i have been noticing less and less people playing this game, one of the major facts that support my claim is the fact that my friends list composed by 20 something good friends since GW1 beta times are all offline, all except one (my girlfriend).

Most have left to other games, and some even have returned to GW1.

In my server, Far Shiverpeaks (EU – HIGH/FULL capacity), i can’t find enough people to do SE Explorer, the game map is small, and anywhere i go, just seems to be around 5 gonnies hanging around.

I actually have been doing dungeons with, 4 people most of the time, and normally, always the same people, we know eachother already because it’s always the same gonnies.

I took a moment to check, and appears that some websites that track gaming hours of their users like XFIRE (wow… i didn’t even remember this existed), GW2 has dropped by more than 50% .

One week after the release i started having the feeling this game was just gonna die pretty fast, before release i predicted that in 1 year 80% of the population would have abandoned the game, so far looks like i might be wrong, i think 6 months and we are 3 gonnies left.

How’s things on your server?

Question to ANET: How is the server population determined? By number of people online or by the amount of accounts registered in that server?

Because my server says it’s high but i barely see anyone.

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

I think it’s just you. I’d get worried once I start being able to find allies in
WvW at prime time.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

HERO.2057 Why you only make topics “saying” the game is dying? or asking for “Tank DPS Healer?” I think we all know to which game you belong, and where is the door for you.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: zeoli.3250

zeoli.3250

Far Shiverpeaks….
From the evidence, most of your server appears to be in WvW lol

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/World-Ratings-update-for-October-12/first#post428997

2nd in the rankings for EU.
It would seem your server is fully populated and from my experience (yes i have been against Far Shiverpeaks as Whiteside Ridge) we get rofl stomped by your server due to sheer numbers.

My Suggestion would be to move to a FULL server that isn’t high on the WvW list. that would point to people being in sPvP or dungeon crawling.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I’ve more or less stopped playing (haven’t logged in for about a week and a half, so far) due to A) dungeons are, last I checked, incredibly un-fun, unrewarding (oh boy! a hat! or some tokens I’ll need tons of to buy a hat!) exercises in frustration due to weird aggro mechanics, HP bloat, and floods of enemies, crafting gets to be similarly unrewarding, compared to the effort/time investment into it, about the time you start working on a Tier 6 set (Orichalcum and Ancient Wood being randomly located really doesn’t help, nor does the sudden jump in materials required), and C) the lack of bugfixes to traits (Engineer traits mostly involving turrets) that only function 30-50% of the way, after a month or two, is incredibly disappointing.

So, dunno if the game’s dying or not, but I’m usually not alone in my reasons for doing things; if it is, maybe some of these things are involved.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bahamadude.4925

Bahamadude.4925

If you ask me, they should shut down some servers and move players in others (if that’s even possible). Limited number of players over 25+ servers makes for pretty barren maps. I shouldn’t feel like i’m the only one on the map. this woud make PVE PVP and WVW more intense as well i think.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Fresh Meat is required, and it will come after the new Halloween patch. I am personally playing other random games, while I jump on gw2 for a bit here and there. I am no longer actively playing gw2 due to lack of end game content. I dont want to finish the game, I can feel the end. I dont want to feel the end to an MMORPG, so I am waiting for the new update before I continue zerging my way through Tyria again.

Edit:

Also, due to the lack of none EU players in my server “Desolation” during GMT 00:00-10:00. Gw2 does feel a bit empty. It feels as if Desolation has gone to bed, and anyone up are the nightshift in WvW or the left overs in the dungeons who are already running and close to finishing the last dungeon of the night.

I would love to move to an US server during the night time in deso, but I think I would just face the same issue in deso. Ironic how Desolation become Desolated during the night in EU.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

(edited by DKP.4196)

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

First of all… If you don’t like the game why do you even bother? (I assumed you don’t like it after reading your other posts)

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DRV.8731

DRV.8731

Fresh Meat is required, and it will come after the new Halloween patch.

Really? Which are the new features that they will release after the patch?
Also, Fresh Meat as you called it, wont come after a new patch, if anything, the people that already quit, will come back to see the changes and then quit again.

The game is obviously dying. My character is all maxed, exotic, runes, etc., he even looks the way I always wanted, all that after 2 months. The only thing that I don’t have is a Legendary, which honestly, it’s not worth to spend the time for.

Also, I don’t think that adding new stuff will change anything at all, the result will be the same, a desolated game soon. Why? Because the mechanics of the game makes it boring after a while, I wont spend more hours just to make my character look a lil different than before, there’s no real reward.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: inathanlite.1769

inathanlite.1769

I have noticed I am never in an overflow anymore, but I wouldn’t say the games dying. Maybe some players did quit, but other players like me would be hooked to this game due to it being so awesome.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khemizt.5104

Khemizt.5104

Yes the game is dying at very fast pace, and for good reason this endgame in my opinion is the very worst offered at the launch of an mmo, the entire endgame is this, spend a week getting full exotics, make a legendary weapon, done.

There is no progression there is no ladders, there is nothing to do but waste your time, there is no fulfillment in playing after the aforementioned.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khemizt.5104

Khemizt.5104

Fresh Meat is required, and it will come after the new Halloween patch.

Really? Which are the new features that they will release after the patch?
Also, Fresh Meat as you called it, wont come after a new patch, if anything, the people that already quit, will come back to see the changes and then quit again.

The game is obviously dying. My character is all maxed, exotic, runes, etc., he even looks the way I always wanted, all that after 2 months. The only thing that I don’t have is a Legendary, which honestly, it’s not worth to spend the time for.

Also, I don’t think that adding new stuff will change anything at all, the result will be the same, a desolated game soon. Why? Because the mechanics of the game makes it boring after a while, I wont spend more hours just to make my character look a lil different than before, there’s no real reward.

At least you got 2 good months out of the game, I was finished in just under a month huge waste of $60.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

At least you got 2 good months out of the game, I was finished in just under a month huge waste of $60.

Most AAA games give you roughly ~20 hours of gameplay (not including replays) these days, if that. These games cost $60. You managed a month out of another $60 game and feel as if it was a waste? Interesting.

That being said, I don’t feel as if the game is dying. We’re just out of the gates and have yet to see any major content additions — and this is to be expected. Rome wasn’t built in a day. However, it would be interesting to see the latest numbers from ANet.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I still enjoy the game. Leveling several alts and I always run into other players on my way. Mapchat is fun and active. WvW has long queus, especially in prime time. So if it’s dying, I’m not noticing it.

But in my experience, the most of these “omagad the game is dying” threads come from people who either let themselves get hyped up, or expected another gear treadmill clone. Those, and often their like-minded friends, are the ones that are most disappointed.

I’m not really worried.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

HERO.2057

When you play alone, you will.

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I don’t, so I’m not. Simple as that ^^

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

I heard the same stuff about GW 1 and it still has an active community. Some people are stuck with the “I want to be bigger and stronger and I wanna single-hit my enemies because I grind all day to get the super gear” idea. GW 1 was not for you, GW 2 is not for you. That these people would leave was never a question in my opinion.

What will remain is the amount of people that do find a purpose in the way GW 2 works – with additional content and some of the more annoying bugs ironed out this number will still be significant, I believe although I expect that we’ll see server merges in the near future becaue of decreased overall population.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: HEHO.2109

HEHO.2109

i started alt couse i got bored from my main and guess what??? My enitre starting zone is empty. I’ ve seen like 6 player in total last 2 days… I cant lvl up becouse i cant finish the events solo ( at least half of em )

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

HERO.2057

^
|

This is not me, we have very smiliar forum names, even the numbers almost match.

Electronic Empire [eE]
———
Commander of Blacktide

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: prabab.9352

prabab.9352

i started alt couse i got bored from my main and guess what??? My enitre starting zone is empty. I’ ve seen like 6 player in total last 2 days… I cant lvl up becouse i cant finish the events solo ( at least half of em )

Yeah, it’s quite an issue for me too.

There are some areas that are tailored specifically for huge pve battles (Harathi Hinterlands, Straits of Devastation) and they were incredibly fun while it lasted. But they’re almost empty now, and It’s too hard for a single player to accomplish anything.

(edited by prabab.9352)

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

I assume the world list must be based on accounts rather than activity, as there is no way these servers are always full of active players. I too am having trouble finding anyone in many zones, which makes the game kind of boring, and not massive or multiplayer for much of the day.

Unfortunatley, MMO devs are afraid to publish sub numbers or concurent players (except EVE).

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

I assume the world list must be based on accounts rather than activity, as there is no way these servers are always full of active players. I too am having trouble finding anyone in many zones, which makes the game kind of boring, and not massive or multiplayer for much of the day.

Unfortunatley, MMO devs are afraid to publish sub numbers or concurent players (except EVE).

You assume incorrectly. Check again during off peak hours and you’ll see a huge dip in the list. This is how players can transfer over to a full server. Your argument is based entirely on subjective experience. If you’re not within the populations level curve, then you won’t see anyone. If you’re on a big sPvP server and you PvE then you won’t see anyone. If you’re on a big WvW server and you’re not doing WvW then you won’t see anyone. Believe it or not, there is more than one factor at work here.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

coughs – being on JQ you’re on the #3 server for WvW … small wonder you’re not meeting many people running around in the starter areas. How about switching to a server lower in the WvW ranking list as that chances that more people there do PvE is much higher?

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I’m not seeing a suggestion here, just another sensationalist thread.

I started my first alt last night (Norn, Desolation) and there were plenty of people running around.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Game Already Dying?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi,

Please refrain from making threads with sensationalist titles such as this. They can be prone to derailing and flaming and rarely add constructive discussion to the forums.

Hence this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding