Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artickaze.8647

Artickaze.8647

Hi Arenanet

I would like to come back this Login Screen. certainly many players have enjoyed this type of login. We would like to come back this Login Screen Because it was fantastic and thou hast impressed we. I have posted my post in this forum, I Hope that here is most in evidence, maybe.

This is my post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Login-Screen/first#post1824554

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redbear.5910

Redbear.5910

Legendary should have stats according your build. You could use the point system in the stats like in gw1 … up and down.
Also a little beter stats then in the normal exotics. like a point extra.. like some say not to much shouldnt be way beter sword. just a tiny bit.

Back to the reward system. some drops of gear should have a chance to drop only in a particulair boss in a dungeon. this makes it more attractive to run this dungeon again for this part. this can be also to get a set. lets say you have to run all the first path bosses to get a set. and the 2nd set of p2 and so on. this makes it more rewarding to get a particulair set everyone wants. now days everyone runs CoF p1 because this is the easiest run. and AC i can not get in if iam not lvl 80 anymore. even my skills are good it doesnt matter. So please look into that.

For guilds. i would love to see housing. anywhere on the map you want. only they should be aware they have a few npc guards to guard their housing when they log-off.
Can be bought be influence. make also a little areana in there to challange eachother from the guild only. makes more sence to enter and join a guild.

Housing should not stop only at a guildhall but even a whole village if they have the influence to make it so.

This also makes the world more dynamic.
Besides wvwvw and Spvp another GvG should be possible. and team up with your friends in a SPVP. now i have to hope i can fight with them instead of against them.

get rid of the RNG system. it has been done before in example Aion. and it pretty much failed. it hasnt anything to do with putting your mind to it. its more a lottery ticket. i would want to suggest make a recipie for bs or other professions to make this kinda precursive. and then go on a scavenger hunt for the mats. this is duable. and people know what to do to get it.

Furthermore i would say more repeatble story-like dungeons (longer onces) to do like in the frost and flame. Btw why do i like the sidekick more then the plantman. i really didnt like he died. i just dont care for the plantman. kinda forgot his name because i dont like him much. imo i hope you expand on the story, it feels it still needs something extra. And i miss the cutscenes a little from the gw1 storyline you could repeat. btw i kinda hoped i could choose in the storyline to save my sidekick.

Well that was a whole list again thank you if you can put some in. I have some more if you get even further in the game for what its worth i think its getting beter since the beginning.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redbear.5910

Redbear.5910

Almost forgot about something. Fractals. if someone leaves us to hang for the last boss. you are kinda screwed and have to restart all over again. please fix this. very annoying. Also at last boss if everyone died besides one and he doesnt want us to res and leaves us. we can not loot. not very accepteble either this problem should be addressed. thankyou.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RundarMiyst.3967

RundarMiyst.3967

Display all known information about server maintenance on the support page.
Including an estimated time of when the server will be back up.

Offer a spelling/typo correction for guild names.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Irondog.3879

Irondog.3879

Can we get a First Person Viewpoint please? Nearly all the GW 1 Vets have been asking for it since release in August Last Year. More details here in a dedicated thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/First-Person-Viewpoint/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faedrivin.5382

Faedrivin.5382

Make the legendary weapons worth getting by giving increased stats on them, doesn’t have to be a huge amount, just more than an exotic.

I hope I will never see this happen. It’s a shame that we already have to grind for ascended weapons and a legendary…

Also Allow us to swap the stats of our legendary as some Legendaries really don’t work with certain builds

What about Transformation Crystals ?

Okay, so we sat together and collected some issues. Some might also be bugs, and maybe some would be worth own threads since I fear they will be easily overwritten between thousands of replies. And of course I guess there will be duplicates.

• Add skill icons to the pinged chat links (so when you hover over them). Just to be able to identify them also visually. It’d make a nice feature, wouldn’t it?
  • Make it easier to play together. There are several ideas around: Underflow servers, Group Search Browser (like gw2lfg ). We also had the idea to add a “Join Partymembers” option to travel to a party member – this should of course only be allowed for say once an our and not in dungeon instances to avoid abuse of this function. This feature would especially be nice when a waypoint nearby is contested or such.
  • The legendary weapons are well discussed everywhere. The only thing we wish: remove some cost, introduce some more playing achievements. It would be more fun to be worth of a legendary because I finished 80 % of the JPs, I bet all dungeons once, etc. It’s not so fun to just grind one dungeon, buy a very expensive precursor and farm CoF for gold to buy ingredients for the clovers etc. It’s nice that you allow rich players to more or less buy a legendary (also with real money), but we think a way where you have to explore the game would be nicer.
  • WvW: it got some improvements with the rank, although it still has many things which can be improved. I don’t think ideas like “observe” mode to allow easy mapping are worth thinking about. It can be done, and a little bit of patience is all you need. But what about fights in open areas? Most of the time WvW is running around capping camps, fighting a tower/keep/stonemist with massive amounts of siege and that’s it. Where are the epic fights for strategic positions? The stealthy actions and ambushes you can think of? How about the big fights on open battlefields? Reward the open battles a little, allow to be able to sabotage strongholds, implement some strategical positions players want to hold – to see other enemies, get information about there ressources or see where they build trebuchets. Such points would be great.
  • Concerning dailies: Give sPvPers also PvE rewards and vice versa. This will lead PvE players to sPvP where they can use their daily stuff and don’t have to be afraid that they won’t get their karma for PvE while playing PvP. Overall the interaction between sPvP and PvE would greatly help to improve some players Guild Wars 2 experience.
  • The “join/invite”-mechanic was great in Guild Wars 1, since I was able to join two groups of two players to one group. Why do I now have to split up one group? And why do I have to try to “invite” and getting and error since the player I invited is already in another “party or guild”. Especially guild should be unimportant for this error (sidenote), but why don’t you just have one button for the seemingly same action?
  • Some back items are really expensive – could you implement some rares/exotics which are not from the Temple armor (they in fact are cheap, but esp. the quiver is very expensive) but still worth it?
Septimum Confoederatio Draconis [Sept]
Seafarer’s Rest (SFR)
Human Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faedrivin.5382

Faedrivin.5382

Message Body length must be less than 5001.

• Weapon comparison. When you find a new weapon its stats are compared to the weapon you currently have equipped. Why not comparing the weapon also to the ones in the second weapon slot? Or even more important: Why do you compare a spear to a spear gun when I already have a spear in the other weapon slot? The most annoying thing about this is, that I’m unable to swap the underwater sets unless I’m underwater, so I have to compare the weapons manually. Even more confusing: for rings and accessory this works fine! So why not for every weapon?
  • Inventory icons for gathering tools: Why do only Black Lion and the new Molten Pickaxe have special inventory icons? It would be very nice to see all gathering tools having their hard parts made of e.g. orichalcum or dark steel. It shouldn’t be too much effort to implement some of these icons and it would help players with many different gathering tools in their bags to differentiate between them in a glimpse.
  • The PvP-Account Medal currently reflects the amount of gathered glory, not the rank points. So when you have enough glory (from a booster) that if it were your rank points you would have the deer instead of the rabbit, it will be shown there, even when your rank is still rabbit. Surprisingly on a mouseover the rank points are shown.
  • Give a little influence to all account guilds, even those you are not representing. It’s nice that we have the opportunity to join other guilds, but most big guilds kick players who enjoy this feature since they want to have all the influence a player accumulates for them. This is really annoying. So why don’t you just give – say like 10 % – of the influence you earned also to the guilds you do not represent? It’s maybe not easy to argue for a logic behind this, but maybe I’m a representative of the trader guild and the mage guild – but on some occasions I have to speak for either one or another. Still people (NPCs) would know I’m also in the other guild, but have to do the job.
  • Many elite skills are not worth to be equipped. E.g. for the mesmer most players just use Time Warp (or in rare circumstances Moa Morph in sPvP), but Mass Invisibility is only useful when trying to loot a chest behind a champ. (To exaggerate this point a little.) So maybe you can try to adjust them but lowering the effectivity for some of the more powerful ones (as you already did for Time Warp) or increase the effectivity for others (e.g. Battle Standard).
  • Award dungeon tokens for repetitions of the story mode. This would make it much easier for players who did not already play the story to find groups. Does not need to be 60 per run, less would be fine as well.
  • Make the MotD editable or deletable. Just in case it gets abused or such. I wonder why the hacked accounts who send mails don’t try to modify the MotD – their advertisments would be stored forever.
  • Guild influence/upgrades europe/america wide (if it’s possible.. might be a little difficult because of WvW…), not only on a specific server.
  • Online player/character overview or comparison tool (kind of introduced with leaderboards, but we’d like to have a quick overview of which JPs we already did and which would be worth to be done with all of our small group). You could also make it “private” such that you have to allow other players (e.g. friends/guilds?) to have a look at your achievements.
  • Dungeon token storage tab. Simply said. Best case would be for 500 or such.

Thanks for your patience.

Septimum Confoederatio Draconis [Sept]
Seafarer’s Rest (SFR)
Human Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: chanty.3814

chanty.3814

hejj

i think that these things would be great for the ppl that would like some romance in gw:

• a option to hug with the person u wanna hug with
  • a option to carry someone
  • a option to give someone a kiss

a friend of me asked to put a wish for a marriage option

i hope GW would put these things in it cuz it would make playing even better for the romantic types

- Chantal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Steele.8509

Steele.8509

Additional suggestions:
-Rare and exotic breathing apparatus.
-Other uses for transmutation stones, maybe the ability to change the stones into crystals. 100 transmutation stones => 1 transmutation crystals
-party animal achievement similar to gw1 so that the transformation elixirs would improve the economy. Also making them not bounded.
- more gw1 armor skins in the BLTC
-more bank storage slots
-More Giants. Since the only ones that seems to count on the giant kills in the slayer achievement are the champion giants in Diessa Plateau and Harathi Hinterlands. the giants spawned by the chaos stuff in Brisban Wildlands and the risen giants doesn’t count when you kill them. i would request for some more veteran giants so that it won’t be so impossible to get 1000 kills with only those 2, i think the points are so slow to make it worthwhile farming just 2 giants available in the game.

(edited by Steele.8509)

in Suggestions

Posted by: basemoan.4702

basemoan.4702

Could we please get something to do with our excess Ascended Items other than merching/destroying them? For example, Ascended rings from fractals. If you are do this dungeon frequently, chances are you have experienced an excess.

Some ideas I can think of might be: salvageable for ecto, possibility to put into mystic forge and get a random back (same as exotics/rares?), mystic forge recipe to make something out of them, sell-able on the TP… just something. =)

in Suggestions

Posted by: In Deo Spes Mea.2468

In Deo Spes Mea.2468

I’d like to have an option to automatically swap into you town clothes when you enter LA or any of the other capitals.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aetoss.2507

Aetoss.2507

I’m not infallible but I thought I’d share some suggestions I have
pertaining to Guild Wars 2 right now: 1. Guild Housing? 2. Finish the
mini-games so we can play them! 3. One of the most pioneering aspects of
Guild Wars 2 is the content it gives to the players. However, something I
think is going to be equally important moving forward in the MMO space is
finding ways for players to create content for each other. What I mean by
this isn’t necessarily modding but allowing further player freedom. The
more you allow players to do the more they will be able to create value for
each other. A negative experience that springs from allowing player
freedom is still an experience to remember. As in all art, the forging of
memories is an important part of its lasting impact. I’m sure as a gaming
company you know what sorts of things I’m thinking when I say this (ex. Eve
Online, ArcheAge, ect). You may think that this contradicts the game’s
philosophy of facilitating player cooperation but it doesn’t necessarily have to. If
you want to stalwartly hold onto that philosophy there are still ways to
allow more player freedom.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voradore.9043

Voradore.9043

Suggestions Part 1:

On Dungeons: Tokens and Treadmill
It’s understandable why each Dungeon has its own currency. Those Sets are meant to be visible Trophies of Achievement and though consolidating all of the Currencies into one sounds great, we’ll unfortunately start seeing everyone running around in Orrian gear after running AC a few times. I for one, don’t think that’s cool. Which is why it would be great for our banks and inventory slots to not be cluttered with these tokens. I know you guys make some profit off of our Bag Space, but adding a Token UI would really help us out.

On to the next point. I was under the impression that GW2 was not about gear Treadmill. Even if you are, that’s not entirely a bad thing. There are many successful MMOs out now with a Grind/Reward system in place. The more time spent, equals better stats and better looking gear for your toon. In this instance we find that GW2 does have a Dungeon (Token) treadmill. We run COF enough times and we’ll eventually complete the set and look awesome. Although the stats aren’t any better. I really enjoy the challenge of beating a Dungeon and looking awesome from doing it, but having that gear doesn’t do anything except look cool. On top of that, there’s no place to Hang my Set of Armor and admire it while I’m wearing a different set. It’s either bank it or destroy it. A collectibles slot in the bank would be nice for Cultural or Dungeon Sets… or if and when player housing gets here, an actual stand designed only to showcase armor would be Awesome. Think of Terraria for a good example.

It’s also unfortunate that some of my friends don’t play GW2 because they don’t feel a sense of progression in the End Game. Which for them, that desired progression is power. Dungeon Sets don’t need to have more stats on them than anything else, but I do feel that they should provide something beyond cosmetics that’s unique to your character’s playstyle, that also can’t be bought in the Trading Post. Unique Runes in these sets of armor could add functionality per class and offer new depth to player customization in PVE (These could be Ascended Runes… lol maybe). Each Dungeon could provide a different unique Class Bonus runeset, that could be account bound and transmuted, so it’s not sold on the TP. I think this kind of flavor added to the Dungeon Sets would make End Game Dungeon running that much more desirable and full-fill that sense of “Gear Progression” that some players are looking for, without changing the base stats.

I think you guys are working on this, but a lack of “Group Finder” is another complaint I hear about from the none GW2 players.

Lastly, I think it would be awesome if you guys could implement a real Raid. You’ve done great in PVE and the way we cooperate against world bosses is phenomenal. Still there’s a player base out there who would love to see a legitimate “Dungeon Type Raid”. Guild Missions are a great step in the right direction, but I would bet there’s a way to incorporate instanced Raids, with a sense of progression, that feels right for GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voradore.9043

Voradore.9043

Suggestions Part 2:

On Structured PVP: A Difference in Progression
sPVP right now is great. It’s completely Skill Based and only a few patches away from E-Sport. However, there’s a player base out there who would love to see a secondary form of this PVP. I suppose for a lack of better term, we can call it “iPVP” or Itemized PVP. What I would like to recommend, is that you leave sPVP exactly the way it is, and add a new version on the side using the existing PVP Ranking system with gear progression and unique PVP Skins/ Runes for each class. There are players out there who enjoy the feeling of a Stat Based Reward in a small contained Battleground, where the effects are obvious. I think this would attract more players to GW2s PVP, who aren’t completely interested in the sPVP (let it be known that I enjoy sPVP just the way it is, but I know of friends who refuse to even participate because they don’t feel it would hold their attention long enough).

On Crafting: A Unique Experience
Essentially, I think it would be great if Crafting would offer more unique experiences per character, that would incite others to say, “Oh cool, that guy has fill-in-the-blank! That must mean he’s an Armorsmith!” As it stands, crafting is helpful per class, as we craft gear we can actually use, but it doesn’t change our playing experience much. Anet you’ve done some wonderful things with crafting, the likes of which we’ve never seen and we greatly appreciate that. However, I feel that our crafts should create more significance experiences to our Characters and how we play the game. This would also add a sense of Pride in our craft. (ie, I’m a Thief and because of my playstyle I chose to be a Weaponsmith for those really awesome unique Daggers with those unique “Dagger Build” Sigils that I can only acquire as a Weaponsmith). What if we could craft some accessories that actually changed the way our #1 weapon skill worked? Or what if it having that accessory, unlocked a skill from another class? There are many ways to add significance to crafting, and I’m sure that you’ll think of something way more creative than I.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pan Bandaloop.3674

Pan Bandaloop.3674

I would like to suggest a “spam” button added to the mail box function. Seems like this would give users some minor satisfaction (myself at least) when deleting those pesky junk mails from random websites. I’m sure it would also help in flagging and assessing issues to combat them in the future.

I hope this is useful to you.

Thank You.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draymos.5489

Draymos.5489

Add ability to change stats on range legendary weapons. They don’t need power, toughness, vitality for longbow/shortbow. Please add ability to change stats to power, prec, crit etc in game. Legendaries are great but stats need to be better and varied to match with exotics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Add ability to change stats on range legendary weapons. They don’t need power, toughness, vitality for longbow/shortbow. Please add ability to change stats to power, prec, crit etc in game. Legendaries are great but stats need to be better and varied to match with exotics.

U can transmute them right? And afaik they want to implement something that won’t make u loose the legendary status when u transmute. Also to reply to another person that says make them stronger; Legendary weapons will be up with ascended weapons once added.

My suggestions for improvements are:
- 1v1 tournamentstyle pvp
- autoloot
- traittemplates

I think the game would benefit as a whole from these things.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blondie.2491

Blondie.2491

Make champions and sub bosses more challenging and a group-based effort. If you can solo champions and Lupicus Gargantus in Arah, what’s the point of a party in Guild Wars 2? Just makes people more arrogant and elitist. The game’s name is “Guild Wars,” meaning you battle as a guild, not “Solo Wars.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

WvWvW suggestions

1. better claimed system . when i speak with tower/keep/camp/sm it say other guild claimed. i want to know the tag or the whole name of this guild that claimed

2. allow claimed officer and higher ranks move the sieges due to the grief problem that reported in this forum post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Is-Anet-tracking-who-is-building-siege/page/3#post1815943

3. we need weapon switch bar . it is not very pro to open in a corner the inventory and switch the weapons from there like you will see in the attachment picture .make it sell it and win our money :p

4. Reward for everything we do in w3 maps ( related open thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Guide-How-to-get-alot-of-WXP-fast ) . this goes to everything and in pve and spvp also . one friend of mine he stopped the game because he was a big fun of jump puzzles and he finished them all but he didnt took any reward after the completion of all jungl puzzles and he stopped playing gw2 very very angry . an other situation is the dailies ,. if i complete all the ten challenges i will not take something extra for my extra effort .

5. when commander flag on when he write must have different color than red or remove from commanders that not flagged to speak with same color . we dont know who is speaking and who actual commanding until i open my map …

6. full upgrades must be more “full” than now …. 5 minutes to capture a full upgrade stonemist removes the meaning of full from dictionary :p related opened thread ( mine ) https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/5-minutes-to-capture-a-full-upgrade-keep/first#post1633437

7. some defense shouts must have wider area effect to stop the hit and run from organized small groups or zergs that buff on , attack , hit and run away ….. the whole zerg-blob run thing is awful , dont give to the players more options to play like rabbits and chickens

8. review the w3 maps . some trebs in towers can hit each other and some not…

9 In the end of every www week , i would like to see some announcements when i log on and a reward waiting me if i helped with my activities my server

10 and the last thing is E-SPORTS …. spvp & www need some e-sports challenges ( i think first priority is too create REAL LIFE spvp tournaments and maybe a large scale limit time guild or alliance challenges ) .

e-sports is the future for the games ( look the success of LOL ). gw2 have an excellent spvp system and the implementation of e-sports is its destiny :p

Attachments:

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Suggestions

Posted by: deesbaby.8726

deesbaby.8726

I know majority of the players are into PVP , now i’ve nothing against those players i have nothing but repsect for you .
Now i know part of the cartography leads you into the PVP areas , but please can there be a safer way (not bow or wave at another player) like having a white flag on your back that over looks your head so it’s easily seen so that other players know your not PVPing , for the small amount of players like myself who are not that interested in the PVP side, who can still get thier cartography and charm pets etc.
All my characters in Guild wars 1 are PVE , a player has the choice in the character creation screen to be a PVP character or PVE before you choose your profession which was awesome for me, if i wanted to try PVP i could do at some point later on in the game
I have given a couple of suggestions forward in this post , so that the staff at GW2 could consider for future reference (maybe ) lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sam.6057

Sam.6057

The only thing I suggest is to fix the eyelids on certain male charr faces since they don’t look like they can blink properly, I know this may seem like something that isn’t needed but it’s quite painful to go through a cinematic with my poor charr trying his best to blink only to do it halfway through, especially when you’ve spent an hour or so in character creation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rufus Shockakahn.4027

Rufus Shockakahn.4027

I would like to suggest that mesmers be able to name their illusions, like rangers can name their pets.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoenHawk.5891

RoenHawk.5891

Group Finder

The game needs a good Group Finder that puts groups together to do instances. It is getting harder and harder to spam for CoF, AC and other instances. Having to use a 3rd party utility Gw2LFG web site to find a group shows how bad this feature is need in the game. The group finder should put groups together across servers as well so the pool to find people is greatly increased. We can already guest to other servers so we should be able to group across servers too.

Also the Dragon Timer that is used to kill all the major events needs to be added to the game as well. When a game needs to rely on 3rd party utility’s to play the game then the development team needs to address that need in game and provide it. These two enhancements will be greatly appreciated by the GW2 community.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jonathan.2519

Jonathan.2519

I recently saw this video, and it is really up to par with the current state of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEq4PAFmnI
I can’t say I completely agree with anything. But I am sure that there are a lot of things that can still be improved.
I feel that we can all agree if the devs touched on these areas mentioned the game would be much better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bellator.9734

Bellator.9734

Hi guys,

Finally got Eternity and I think its awesome that we have to make it by Twillight and Sunrise.

But it disappoints me that its not footsteps and the blade trail is gone on warrior. It seems that its not finished? But anyway would be awesome if you could make some improvement on Eternity, maybe like golden footsteps or something?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to here from you

Best regards Adrian

in Suggestions

Posted by: bubbles.2967

bubbles.2967

all i want is … to see my toons name and title give me that and ill be good to go

in Suggestions

Posted by: zanyteagreen.3052

zanyteagreen.3052

I have not read all posts about what more Guild wars 2 needs to be a perfect video game, however i would like to say the creators of the game did an amazing job. There are only a few things that I think might help re-spark continuing players or spark new players into playing this game.

- Adding a 1v1 dueling in towns/outposts
(example: the dueling method used in the game Aion)

-Adding guild halls and or just homes/rooms that your character could have for having guild members or friends to go chat with in.
(example: coming again from Aion but also from the original guild wars game as well)

Just hear me out for a few more moments here. I think that these two additions could be useful to attract current and or new players because it adds to the social aspect of the current guild wars 2 community.
-The dueling could also open up the aspect of people betting on each other to trade gold or items depending on who won the fight. (Example: comes from another really popular online video game called runescape )
- It could also help players to communicate and share about their current builds or trait lines that they use for the game.
-the guild rooms or homes/rooms characters could create would once again add to building the social aspect of the video game
- it can also be used to show the creativity side of individuals who enjoy playing the game for expressing themselves through different styles of armor,weapons,and items by letting the creator of the room decor the entire room.
-Creating and decorating the room could allow the gamer to express themselves creatively keeping them interested in the game and also add to the social aspect again because the creator would be allowed to share their room with friends, guild members or even new individuals who enjoy their style.
-also not only could the rooms be for a social booster/ creative booster. they could help guilds or solo-players with gaming boosts such as exp, magic find, merchants, traders, or all the crafters. (which was used within the first guild wars game)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mr Wulf.4890

Mr Wulf.4890

I want to see the list of tamable pets expand. Unfortunately some of the coolest creatures I’ve seen in the game are not tamable. my personal favs being; wasps, sea scorpions and owl griffins. I know this would be far less likely to happen as it would be classified as undead rather than a beast but how cool would it be to have a risen shark to fight by your side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tpyo.9401

tpyo.9401

I’m sure this had been said to death already, but I’d REALLY like it if the map instances I entered were not based solely on which server I’m on. Having an overflow system for this stuff would be really good (and I know it would make playing with friends/guildies a bit more annoying sometimes, but I’d prefer learning to deal with that than to wander around a deserted map half the time)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greengiraffe.5906

Greengiraffe.5906

Mouse lock while in game for borderless window. For multi-monitor setups, the mosue can just drag off while in game. It’s a bit annoying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I only have one, make getting legenderys fun. If i’m going to spend time getting them, at least make it fun. I don’t mind jumping through hoops, going all over the map. going a quest chaing that would take a year. As long as it was fun. I really want to get The Flameseeker Prophecies. But I don’t really have the time to waist grining mats. Hell i don’t even really have the time to do enough Dailies to get a lorrel. I would just like it to be something fun. So i’m enjoying my time playing, not thinking, “Well I’ve been on, and done nothing fun at all.” I know some people will say “Well I had to do all those things to get mine!” Thats fine, i’m not saying to make it easy to get just an alternative way, maybe even longer way, to get them.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Suggestions

Posted by: bribrim.9710

bribrim.9710

Thanks for the super game. I have a suggestion… there should be some non-achievements (with titles!) as well. Specifically designed to battle against the urge to powerlevel. Of course we all know achievements in the end are just part of the fun factor so why not turn the table on its head? Just one idea would be a food and drink combo. “Eat or drink just one item the entire game.” Title – Just The Scraps Ma’am One more would be finishing the game using no skill or trait points. Title – Skills and Traits… Lame!
Cheers all.

Kepp Mason – Warrior
Critical Response Team [CRIT]
Devona’s Rest [DR]

(edited by bribrim.9710)

in Suggestions

Posted by: RogueTigeR.3160

RogueTigeR.3160

have a few myself:

will gather thoughts and reply with a bigger post later… but 1 to comment on that I don’t want to forget:

- ability to take notes on/mark the map with a toggleable feature for “notes on/notes off”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

One thing I personally get frustrated with are the Dragons.
Mainly Jormag – Shortbows(at least on thief)+Pistols cannot reach…and if were melee were stuck not getting any good damage in on the Dragon Lieutenant . if we DO get in range…JUST barely but surely in range – we start dying from the freezing cold. can we fix this so we can DO something? im getting crap rewards becasue i cant hit the KITTEN thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KaitieKatastrophe.7495

KaitieKatastrophe.7495

I know that some of these have probably been mentioned in the past, but 33 pages are a lot and would take hours to read through… regardless, these are some things that I would like to see…

+The ability to choose armor type (light, medium, heavy) in the trading post while looking through armor. I like to go through and preview the available armor sets and it’s kind of annoying to have to skip over a bunch of armor that my character can’t wear.

+"Style" purchases from the Gem Store to be obtainable by all characters on one account, or at least easily re-obtainable without buying them again in case they’re accidentally deleted . I remember something like this being present in GW1 and would love to see it in GW2. Giving the option to resend them in a letter might work.

+More Town Clothes options available outside of the gem store. I’d like what some of the NPCs are wearing

+More race-specific armor sets. Before the betas started, I was expecting the starting armor to be race-specific, and I was sort of disappointed when it wasn’t. It would make sense seeing as how the characters are coming from their main cities into the world. Having race-specific armor as your first personal story reward armor set would also make sense.

+More hairstyles for the Sylvari and Asura, and more body types for the Norn. I remember there being a large variety of Norn body types during the betas, and I’m not sure why they were removed.

None of these are really necessary additions, but they would make things a bit more aesthetically appealing in my opinion.

Yay!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrocollo.1728

Morrocollo.1728

In Malchor’s Leap, The Temple of Lyssa was hard enough as it was. In April 30, 2013 a few Champion Risens were added at the temple increasing by far too much the difficulty to complete the event. The general chatt reaction to this matter is that we are no longer going to do this event. It is simply not worth the trouble. My personal opinion to this fact is that the Lyssa event will be useless and/or obsolete. One specific player mentioned he left the event to do Tequatil, then Maw, and when he returned to Lyssa we had only achieved 10% damage. Common sense, no more Lyssa.

in Suggestions

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Option to join WvW directly from char screen

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Simmy.3064

Simmy.3064

Being able to preview minis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seven Dreamsong.9802

Seven Dreamsong.9802

have a more balanced ‘balancing team’.

not just 1-2 persons, but a person for each class,
for each type of gameplay (pvp/pve).

which really only plays that class,
secretly with regular players,
so they can personally see how much
unbalanced and skewed groups are
in accepting specific classes in groups for
dungeon paths/ fractals, ect.

in Suggestions

Posted by: noteverythings.5890

noteverythings.5890

Suggestion on world v world v world

Mercenary system:

Mercenary system means every guild in every server can be mercenary to any server.

Think every server as a country, different country has their unique situation.

for example : my guild is strong my enemy is too weak i want fight stronger guild or enemy, but i love my server i don’t want to leave, what can i do? Using Mercenary system i can pay or employ by other server’s guild by Influence or gold or supply to get their specified borderland or specified borderland’s area to protect, to assist , to attack , to save what they need in the Specified time or time zone.

i think that will make more interesting things and variation in wvwvw.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barry Elite.6139

Barry Elite.6139

The new food craftable recipes are horrendously expensive to craft inaddition to being so only yields one item any plans to adjust this?

in Suggestions

Posted by: xSwissroll.9820

xSwissroll.9820

A guild vs guild, pvp arena !!

Swisspancake ~ Elementalist
[ZzZz]ZombieCoast
Toastie~

in Suggestions

Posted by: CodySheffield.4385

CodySheffield.4385

If this has been suggested already, I apologize (I did a search). My suggestion is very minor. I’d like an option to have a sound play everytime someone speaks in a channel. This is a great game, and I REALLY get into it. But I find that I keep missing when a guild mate is trying to speak to me, because there’s nothing drawing my attention to the window. Being able to enable a sound, or configure sounds on a per channel basis would be excellent.

I’ve been playing this game for about a week and a half now, and I LOVE IT! Thank you ArenaNet!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheFibrewire.6845

TheFibrewire.6845

i feel the alpine wolf is too small it looks like a small cat will ther be any skins which make the pets physically bigger or are you guys planning on growing pets as in description its written the Alpine wolf grows in full size it srerally disappoitin to c wolfs and bears i such small sizes wil there be any updates for this and there shoulfd be a system where the pets size scale according to the charrecter race size just the pet not the whole animal race pl plz plz do some thing about it plz coz pets don seem so intimidating and fierce except garm

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaemonSadi.8926

DaemonSadi.8926

I feel that there need to be more weapon types in game. Such a sickle on a chain for the thief and ranger, maybe even the elementalist, or a gauntlet type weapon that could be used like a hand-to-hand combat weapon for warriors and guardians like classes, or a hand blaster like weapon for spellcasters. One thing I don’t understand as well, is that if there are bows AND guns….why not the hybrid of the two? Where’s my crossbow? If you have a spear and a staff, then why no lance or spear while out of water? If you were to have a gauntlet like weapon, then why not put bladed gauntlets in as well like the claws of wolverine on them, and also make it to wear you can just wear one gauntlet weapon if you want so you could have a sword and gauntlet or dagger gauntlet, etc. Lastly, if you have hammers and greatswords, where’s my massive greataxe?! I feel like adding new weapon types into the game would broaden the playstyle significantly for every class and allow for more fun and interesting build to be created.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I am new to forums and posting stuff on them, so let me know if this is the right place:

Anyway, imagine how awesome it would be if you could create a lottery just like Mega millions.
Some limitations would apply of course:

If there is a winner, take “taxes” out of the total amount.

Allow only 10 tickets to be bought for each player so that there is not an over abuse and an advantage over other players.

Developers let your imagination run wild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: negerleif.2106

negerleif.2106

DaemonSadi.8926 you should have a medal mate!! I agree with you to a 100%

in Suggestions

Posted by: paramosha.5019

paramosha.5019

Think I’m not alone who thought about billions of noobs on WvWvW fields. They can’t do anything than die and run from resp to die next time.

It’s time to make death penalty on WvWvW maps. Penalty may not be very hard but must bring some discomfort.

I have next suggestion: ANY death on WvWvW maps must have a penalty.

Variants:
a) ANY death subscribes 1 point from server score (include deaths caused by mobs and falling)
b) resurection on resp cost about 15-20 silver (resurection by players allowed). Not a great summ for normal player. (Who said that war is not expensive?)
c) resurection on resp have 1-2 minutes delay (resurection by players allowed) (Keep your brain cool for some time)
d) ANY death subscribes about 2-3k Wpoints with degrade of ranks and skills

(edited by paramosha.5019)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Think I’m not alone who thought about billions of noobs on WvWvW fields. They can’t do anything than die and run from resp to die next time.

It’s time to make death penalty on WvWvW maps. Penalty may not be very hard but must bring some discomfort.

I have next suggestion: ANY death on WvWvW maps must have a penalty.

Variants:
a) ANY death subscribes 1 point from server score (include deaths caused by mobs and falling)
b) resurection on resp cost about 15-20 silver (resurection by players allowed). Not a great summ for normal player. (Who said that war is not expensive?)
c) resurection on resp have 1-2 minutes delay (resurection by players allowed) (Keep your brain cool for some time)
d) ANY death subscribes about 2-3k Wpoints with degrade of ranks and skills

1. Yes. not too bad.
2. You just killed GW 2 playerbase. WvW counts for map compeltion.
3. Might be worth implementing. PvP in gw 1 had this on all maps except factions pvp (30 seconds)
4. Another one that would ruin the game.

If anything, remove map completion from it.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draymos.5489

Draymos.5489

My suggestions for improvement on Legendary weapons:
Make legendary weapons match the stats they suppose to for weapon. Provide legendary transmute stones or vendor to change stats. If somebody transmuted legendary make it upgrade with next higher stats to match ascended weapon of same stats.