Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Improved-range-and-radius-indicators-for-fast-cast-ground-targeting-system/first#post160573

Here is my suggestion: it got buried really fast, but I truly believe it has merit and would like to see it at least discussed.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reece.7341

Reece.7341

Character Recustomization: I’m sure many of you have regretted several choices you made in character creation and wish you could change it without having to give up on all the time you’ve invested into your hero. I understand the issues that come with race changing due to personal story, etc., but a same race/gender recustomization would be excellent. (Purchasable through the gem store of course.)

Guild Name Change: Also similar to my previous point on character customization. With massive amounts of influence invested it would be very discouraging to remake. (Purchasable through the gem store.)

Weapon Scaling/Sheathing: This is very immersion breaking for me and it is extremely noticable. When you sheath/unsheath your weapon it drastically changes in size, at least by 25%. Once you see it, it can’t be unseen and constantly bothers me. I don’t care which size they choose as long as it isn’t constantly scaling before my eyes.

Sheathing Options: Options to sheath your 1H swords/axes on your characters back or hip.

Quiver Graphic: As a bow user on multiple classes, it would be wonderful to have a quiver graphic display when swapping to a bow. I’m not refering to an ammunition system, just a simple graphic of a quiver. The animation is there as is and as far as clipping issues go, how would it be any different from a shield or any other weapon?

Professions in General: I’d like to see a larger variety of elite skills. With most classes I feel limited to one skill, or just going with a racial.

Warrior Class: Being able to display guild emblem on your banners.

Thief Class: Basilisk Poison (Elite Skill) – 2 second cast time for a 1 second stun?

Looking for Group: Would like to see a system with a convenient interface. This would make it easier to form groups with less spam in map chat.

Dueling: My RL friends and I play together and we constantly wish we could duel…

Character-to-Character Trading: I feel very disconnected from other players in this game with the entirely different loot system and inability to trade or inspect one another. It’s like each character has it’s own version of the area we’re in. An ability to interact with inspecting and trading would help here.

Emotes: This game could use many, many more emotes. Even if they are simply text with no sound or animation. (I know you can manually type them, but that is just extremely cumbersome.) Your characters weapons not dissappearing when using an emote would be nice as well.

Interactive Environments: The ability to sit in open chairs/benches.

(edited by Reece.7341)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ingram of Haz.5987

Ingram of Haz.5987

Purchasable tonic tab for storage vault. That would resolve a lot of storage issues for many of the players I know at least. given that most would want to hold onto such things for event days, but even with all the account storage expansions and tier 4 guild trove people are finding it hard to keep stacks stored for crafting. especially when so much high level materials have no slot in storage tabs. Since they dont seem to want to add those, how about tonics is all I’m saying. then when we spend some gems & open those BLCs and get a bunch of tonics they are kept for later and not just trashed.

HAZTEAM Guild
Jade Quarry
www.hazteam.net

(edited by Ingram of Haz.5987)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paladin.5268

Paladin.5268

Please consider making “Siege Weapons” as account bound, instead of soul bound. If I want to buy siege equipment, it doesn’t make sense why one of my alts cant use it in WvW. I am forced to play on 1 character to use the siege equipment.

I believe this was a simple oversight and hope Anet will make this change in the near future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: proteininja.5891

proteininja.5891

Please add the ability for guild to tax their members from their money directly dropped from kills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: graceangel.3618

graceangel.3618

WvW suggestions:
-make seige equipment like arrow carts, ballistas which are built on wheels be able to be undeployed and taken with them on the map. at least the arrow cart. the idea of building a cart, that’s on wheels.. but you can’t move it at all once it’s put down? I’m not demanding of course.. but.. yeah. I think this could be really useful. Obviously, some things like a ram; you’re not gonna just tote all over becuase it wouldn’t make sense for htat type of item. nor would you a trebuchet. but an arrow cart? sure why not unless it’s been damaged to destruction.

-que’ing for maps//show number of open slots on a map: this suggestion is to implement something that allows us to see if one of hte maps has open slots. ok, so when you click on the wvw castle at the top of your screen; it opens up a drop down menu to see the 4 maps. Right now, you can’t see which one is full or isn’t. You just keep playing roulette till you find one or just get in a que for the one you want most; i think it’d be helpful if when picking one. If there were open slots, people could easily just go there; instead of queing for another map that will have them waiting a while.

-a guild reward that they can possibly enable through upgrades in guild UI for wvw – guild “waypoints” that can be built in the big fort keeps on either E or W. the way this could work is if your guild claims and keeps control of one of the E or W keeps; then you could activate a possible guild upgrade of enabling a waypoint there. Maybe only your guild members could use it? or, maybe the whole of just that map? please note that upgrade would only be in that one keep on that one map. it wouldn’t be there on other maps as well since your guild might not have control of it anywhere else.

in Suggestions

graceangel.3618

Please add the ability for guild to tax their members from their money directly dropped from kills.

I think the problem with this type of system; it can be problematic. How do you decide if one guild wants to have a flat tax? or a percentage based? because money drops from kills are pretty random. Some kills don’t give you any money drop. Some might give you more than others. For players working in lower level zones which yeild less money; they wouldn’t be able to pay higher amounts of players who do higher level/end game content.

Most improvements in the game would need to be able to serve the entire community at large. Not just guilds who wanna tax people. As it is right now, in a guild vault, you have a log you can look at to see who’s donating money. if someone hasn’t donated in X amount of time, you send them a message to or else you’ll remove them? just a suggestion and work around in mean while.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Speed Boons:

• Remove the NPCS that give these and just give us a passive bonus in all major cities that increases our movement speed. Having to go and find a NPC with the buff is annoying and silly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edge.4153

Edge.4153

This suggestion has probably been made, but here goes.

When you fight your way through hordes of Cave Trolls and finally make it to the Champion lvl Troll guarding the chest o’ loot at the back of the cave and it takes a party to kill him… I think that there should be some decent loot (green or above) or very useful (crafting) in said chest o’ loot, however much to the sorrow of our party every one got crappy blues which most of use could not use in the first place.

I will say that we had a lot of fun exploring the cave and fighting a Champ at the end we just wish there was decent loot at the end, it would make it so much more exciting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: spreadsheets.9805

spreadsheets.9805

Please have the dodge command be at the very top of the food chain.
It’s so very annoying to be rezzing a team mate in clutch moments, then be unable to dodge because the revive apparently overrides your dodge command until you cancel it via moving.

There are loads of dungeon bosses that do big delayed AoE bursts where you can try to get your buddy back up just in time to dodge. Unfortunately, you are completely screwed by the game itself if you start rezzing too late, because it doesn’t let you cancel the rez quickly and easily.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Gold Spammers:

• Whenever you report a person who is spamming automatically put them on your block list please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

The camera while you’re downed/defeated resets; I’d quite like it if it didn’t, because sometimes you want to watch someone fighting towards you (so you can see if they’re going to make it) or take a screenshot.

Weapon switching that’s non-active in combat for the Elementalist and Engineer would be very nice too; that would you don’t have to go into the inventory to switch weapons, you can just swap like other professions. However, once combat kicks off, you’d still be ‘locked in’ to a single weapon as you are now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EvilMaria.1483

EvilMaria.1483

Hi,

Please implement:

-Alliance Chat and ingame Alliances
-Custom made chat groups
-Officer/leader chatgroups for guilds
-“inspect” option so you can view other players gear
-realm ranks like DAoC + visible to other players in wvw
-Kill messages like DAoC area wide + option to disable it for those who want to

thx

PS: jeah i would like to call it Guild Wars of Camelot 2….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Super Donkey.7296

Super Donkey.7296

What would be the point of this? The members are already paying you in influence. Why should they have to pay to be in your guild? Good luck holding on to members if that option ever comes up. My guild will be 0% tax instantly.

in Suggestions

Super Donkey.7296

I finally hit level 80, went out to have a look at this amazing exotic armor that one of my guildies had been talking about.

Saw the Flame Legion armor, instantly fell in love. Had a quick scroll down to see what stat options I had (I’m a Warrior, so Heavy for me). Quickly realised that I had only 3 options, a little disappointed but I figured I’d read on, maybe they were really nice stats.

Ok, so the first set of armor is power, precision and crit dmg. Thats ok I guess, but seeing as I like using my greatsword during dungeons, without any form of survivability I’m going to spend the majority of my time sitting on the ground waiting for a revive.

Lets have a look at the second set instead then, Power, Vitality and Condition Damage. Ok that’s good, got some survivability in there, oh but wait, the only close combat weapon I can use as a warrior, which actually applies, a condition is a 1h sword. (Obviously you have a bow and your spear gun, but I became a warrior for close combat not ranged)

Ok third set, come on, third times the charm. Power, Precision and. oh. great. Condition Damage. So again no survivability but this time they added the useless stat on the armor as well.

So lets recap my options here.

• Option 1: Use a 1h sword and shield/dual-wep combo. I find the skill set of the greatsword much more enjoyable and would prefer to play with the play-style that I like.
  • Option 2: Spend my dungeon runs being picked up off the ground or having to spend most of my time out of combat range, regenerating my health. I’m a warrior. I want to be stuck in the thick of it, not a cheerleader on the outside throwing in banners.
  • Option 3: Use a bow, like I said earlier, close combat please.
  • Option 4: My personal favourite. Buy the Flame Legion armor set, which ever stats. Then buy another Exotic armor set (2-3g per piece or crazy tokens from another instance). Buy 6 Fine Transmutation stones, combine.

So my suggestion here, would be to have all the options for the exotic dungeon armors as you get from the craftable armors (I.E. Knights, Clerics etc.).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rok.2963

Rok.2963

A way to reduce the cooldown on skills like Windborne Speed, even if it means that I sacrifice something else to gain this cooldown reduction. Give me the option to sacrifice this for that; I hope this sounds fair enough.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Afroman.1793

Afroman.1793

• Mouse Mode – Free us from holding right click constantly and make a mode where we can move the camera freely without holding the button down. When we want to bring up the cursor we can press ctrl to get it on screen.
  • My Location – Take out that useless personal waypoint and add in a different system. When you do alt + left click it will make a chat link of your current location. If you alt + right click it will make a chat link and post it immediately.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Suggested change to the following Warrior hammer skill:

Staggering Blow: The skill currently has an incredibly long attack animation, and on top of that it roots you in place while you are using it. This makes the skill have a very limited range of usage scenarios. Please consider making the attack animation shorter.
——
Option to remove skill queue: Please give us the option to not have skill queues if we don’t want them though an option checkbox. This will benefit those of us who prefer to spam buttons in order to get more responsiveness and fluidity in our actions.
——-
Option to have overhead health bar: Similar to the overhead health bars of enemies please give us the option to have an overhead health bar for our own characters.

Thank you.

(edited by Geff.1930)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lewzephyr.5281

Lewzephyr.5281

• My Location – Take out that useless personal waypoint and add in a different system. When you do alt + left click it will make a chat link of your current location. If you alt + right click it will make a chat link and post it immediately.

I wouldn’t want it taken out, but rather augmented with the two features you mention.
I use the personal waypoint on occasion to keep me on track for my destination.
But I do like the option to link where I am at in chat.

Putting the laughter back into Slaughter!!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Give some reward/loot/exp for buffing/healing allies.
Also (maybe off topic) give guardians some boost when buffing allies, or it will always be a mere supporter in party istances (Altruistic Healing is not enough unfortunately), and a ranged weapon for wvw (scepter sucks).

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaRkSiDeR.1628

DaRkSiDeR.1628

How about kicking out people who ruining the game and get new ones that will fix what the previous one ruined and people will stop raging and cursing the whole game couse of such one or more people destroying all the fun.
And yes im talking about Dungeons.
Citadel of Flame was to easy on the Magg path of the explorer mode but instead of making it just harder or fixing bugs they made it more buggy and you require a high luck to be able to pass some parts.
And of course the “devs team” maybe has people who are no lifers and does those dungeons with people that are skilled and stuff how a fresh lv75 or even 80 who will try this will react when he will see that is impossible?
My suggestion is to just nerf it a litle bit i am not talking about time duraction i am talking about the impossible lvl of diffuculty some guys made.
Reasson why?
To punish us he/they said.
Why would you even punish someone that he is spending his really nice and good money for you.
Also the fact of how much fast you are doing a dungeon has nothing to do with the rewarding what if your party is better than the devs team or smthin couse they are melting their brainz on the game and they are capable of doing that in less than 20 mins when it’s a kinda small dungeon.
On that occasion you should put another section that says about Difficulty you want on the instance and for every difficulty include a reward that you belive the gamers/players should have.
If some people could do it couse they are enough experienced doesn’t mean that everybody can.
And however this should be able to be done by any kind of party for example you will not always ask for guardian or warior or who knows what and force to let some classes out couse this ends up kinda rassist or even making people feel bad couse with them the dungeon is imposible or something.
Something else i have seen is that most of people playing their character with the most useless way what would they do if they don’t get it on those dungeons Anet?
Sorry for long post and i hope you will consider this us a serious subject to check on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Belian.7846

Belian.7846

Haven’t even read the entire 1st page, so I have no idea if this has been brought up before.

I’ve heard some people complain about the farming of certain events/event chains and have thought of a possible solution. This solution is based on the idea that the “farming” is primarily because “MMO gamers want gear NOW” and that sort of farming is the best way to get it. By itself, this isn’t a big problem.

Unfortunately, this is where the dynamic event system seems to have a huge flaw: some people continually completing an event/event chain decreases the casual player’s ability to experience that content. With questing/personal story, you can guarantee that everyone gets certain content in the long run, but the DE farming makes it hard to just “experience” some of the content.

Something I’ve personally wanted is the DE hint/checklist just to know where DE’s I haven’t seen yet might be or figure out how ones I did see got started (how the list is “unlocked” is another topic). To my mind, adding that and making them achievements that have a 1 hr reset (like the dungeons) would be the best way to encourage variety. Also make a daily achievement for completing X number of events in different areas with a HUGE reward (including Karma and based on level) in order limit the kitten-storm that would occur.

Making the reward based on level would probably have a lot of players going to the early areas for “easy” events. On the one hand this would guarantee people in the early areas. On the other, they are going to be lvl 80 and steamrolling it. Assigning different values to different level events that go towards this “world contribution” achievement would have some people “farming” the early areas for a long time, while others would complete a few events in higher level areas in less time.

Ideally, this would give the people who are farming for a few hours each day a similar amount of gold/karma for completing a variety of events and spreading out instead of the same one over and over. Though this will anger the people who are farming dynamic events almost every waking moment, a casual player should be able to see more of the content as it was originally meant to be seen.

There is no way to completely stop farming activities, but this should help disperse the farmers.

Please note this is an “off the cuff” idea that I came up with in another forum and possibly has huge flaws. I also wouldn’t expect it to be implemented right away because of all the balancing issues involved.

(Possibly the vanity gear will have to come down in price as well, but it is already higher than most people think it should be even when taking the longevity increases they provide into account)

in Suggestions

Posted by: EvilMaria.1483

EvilMaria.1483

Oh and please (!) add something like a /who command for searching guilds and players like in any otherkittengame…

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

create something like skills from gw 1. they were something to look forward to in gw 1, changed gameplay, meaningful to aquire. and you didnt have to be a millionaire to get them.

gw 2 doesnt provide meaningful goodies as frequently as gw 1 did. and it seems like lvl 30 is the endgame. we need something that is as fun to get and as easy to get as skills were in gw 1.

this is critical and pretty much my only gripe. i dont want to farm dungeons they can exist for those that want a challenge. sometimes that mood will hit me as well. i dont need super complexe crafting recipies i usually just sell my materials. i just want that one sweet spot again. skills were cheap, fun, and easy. now theyre just cheap easy and limited. i dont think i can play with just 5 skills all the way to lvl 80. and i consider myself fairly hardcore. my highest lvl is a 49 necro.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sunju.8310

Sunju.8310

…I can best make my case with an example. The level 54 rare gloves that my character is using have a defense bonus of 95, while the level 60 rare shield that I use only has a defense of 36! …

Gloves don’t give defense oriented abilities or attack stat. I agree that shields seem to have lack luster defense (though I assume Anet attributed them what they found to be the appropriate amount), but the example you gave was nonsensical.

“A favourite war hero of mine got his tongue shot out.”
“How’d that happen?”
“He doesn’t talk about it.” – Stephen Fry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mellowz.3728

Mellowz.3728

Keybinds
- Add the option to add keybinds like mousewheel up/down.
(I know you can bind them in a way through the Razer Naga macro options, but not everyone knows about that program)

Being able to Trade with people

Being able to send Mail to your alts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tiikerikani.5906

tiikerikani.5906

I would like to be able to see a list of maybe the 5 most recent IPs that have logged into my account on my Security page, not just those that are currently logged on. (Gmail shows me the last 10).

Along the same lines I would like to see which IPs I have allowed access to, with the option to revoke said access. For example, if I’ve been playing on a friend’s computer a lot but then we have a fight and never want to talk to each other again, I’d want to revoke access to his IP so he can’t do anything malicious to my account.

Lastly, I have a verified email account, and while I did get an email and had to click on the link to approve playing on my home computer, I did NOT get an email to click on when I logged in on my friend’s computer. But I can play on his computer, no problem. Which means that email verification did not work in this case. I copied my gw2.dat over to his computer instead of downloading it from scratch, though, and if this means that verification info is tagged in the .dat (like I believe interface settings were in GW1), that’s rather ineffectual too.

in Suggestions

graceangel.3618

Give some reward/loot/exp for buffing/healing allies.
Also (maybe off topic) give guardians some boost when buffing allies, or it will always be a mere supporter in party istances (Altruistic Healing is not enough unfortunately), and a ranged weapon for wvw (scepter sucks).

I haven’t used a Guardian yet; but my hunch would be that they do not WANT or design the game so that any one class can be a dedicated healer/support role. they want all roles to have the capacity to do most jobs. just some will do certain things better. obviously heavy armors can handle up front damage better. i actually think it’d be nicer if more classes had better buffs they can share with their allies. some professions have several buffs while others only have one or two.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkshine.6819

Darkshine.6819

It would be nice if there could be a button in the bank window so that you could deposit all of your money at once. It would probably be similar to GW1, but it might be nice for some people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edana.7692

Edana.7692

- Provide an option to make the field of view larger.
- Provide an option to turn off the zoom/tilt that the world map does when opened. (This makes me so dizzy that I avoid opening the world map whenever I can and use online maps instead.)

Fixing those things might mean the game doesn’t make people physically sick anymore!

in Suggestions

Posted by: sergfocus.9137

sergfocus.9137

PING check
would be best thing ! so we can check if we lag or just have bad connection.. or some download that interrupts.. or maybe if server lag..

in Suggestions

Posted by: GsMax.8523

GsMax.8523

It would be great to have a latency command like in Aion. (/ping)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Virianos.4091

Virianos.4091

Here is few things I would like to see
1. I think the dynamic events should be shown to you within the area you are in at your level range and you should not need to be right next to it to see it.
2. Add a border on the map to show where to go for the heart quests as I find it annoying on some of them when you cant find what you have to kill or do.
3. We need more heart quests and dynamic events to make leveling a bit more fun and different each time you level.
4. WvWvW should be more rewarding and needs to be explained in more detail how to be played and could do with seeing your team marked on the map at further distances so you know where the action is.
5. I would also like to see the user interface for the Trading post to be not as squashed up looking kinda hurts my eyes.

Other than that the game is absolutely amazing and would like to thank arena net for making such an awesome game and hope the dynamic events are fixed soon because i’m just desperate to play the game.

(edited by Virianos.4091)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Exiris.3651

Exiris.3651

Love the game to bits, can’t wait to see what’s to come. Here are my humble suggestions:

1.) Make downleveling slightly harsher so that the difficulty is uniform this will alow for number 2 →

2.) Make general play in any zone as profitable as Orr in terms of item drops and event karma. This will allow players to play anywhere and enjoy the entire world without any sense of loss.

3.) Many people seem to miss hard mode zone. Make an item, consumable, or sigil that makes you downlevel a few levels more than you should in a given zone. This would let people play a more challenging game without forcing people to play in different zones. Perhaps include better gold drops or something, but it’s more about looking for a challenge.

4.) Add rare spawns within events such as centaur archers taking to a hilltop or a brute that wades into combat and shields his allies from AOE.

5.) Give area specific rewards that have a chance to drop from dynamic event medals (these should be soulbound) Things such as a few special dyes themed off the area or mini pets based on the creatures found there. This would encourage players to revisit places, and play all over the world.

6.) Add a competitive ladder system to dungeons that encourages speed runs and lets teams/guilds/servers compete. This could be purely prestige, maybe with a title similar to the drunk one from Guild Wars 1 where you get a title for 100 hours spent in a top 5 dungeon time team for your server. People like to compete in PvE as much as PvP. I know it goes somewhat against the game’s vision but it would go a long way to giving hardcore players a home.

7.) Add bounty events that show up on your world map. They would circle an entire area and you would have to search it to find a wandering boss. This could be a great feature to bring a server together.

8.) More war. The greatest parts of the game are when the heavy conflict comes through. Flack cannons firing at a swooping dragon. A dredge war zone coated in fire. This technological and visceral war stuff is really what sets the game’s setting apart.

9.) Extended cosmetic rewards. I love that the gear tops out at exotics and I hope you stick to your guns and don’t add a treadmill. That being said, there needs to be a greater degree of cosmetic rewards, even if they are locked to PvE because of visual differentiation issues. I had two big ideas for this but both are somewhat long term development wise:

A.) Add a ‘style’ slot to the hero screen. In this slot you can put an item that changes the way your character does certain things. This would be purely animation stuff. Things like sheathing a sword on your back or standing in a different stance in combat (such as a fencing or duelist stance.) An extra level to really differentiate your character from others. Make this rare make them expensive, it doesn’t matter. I would play for months to be able to have a mesmer that stood like a fencer or a warrior that held his swords backhanded.

B.) Put rare weapons that modify the look of skills. This is similar to the idea of the bow that shoots rainbow colors. A sword that changes all skill effects to gold or a gun that leaves smoke trails. A shield that when you block causes that ground shatter effect under you as if you absorbed a massive blow. (just the graphic, no gameplay effect.) It would even be ok if these effects were only seen on my client side, they would add to the personal feel of my character and the way I choose to fight.

Thanks for all the fun so far, you guys rock.

“I think I liked it better when companies sold videogames.” – Gabe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeus CM.1692

Zeus CM.1692

Croatian Guild & GW portal:
http://www.croatian-maniacs.com

(edited by Zeus CM.1692)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heru Ur.8390

Heru Ur.8390

I know mounts have already been brought up, probably been brought up on multiple occasions. I would love to see mounts in the future. The world of Tyria is a great place to explore. I know that the way points are available to take you from Point A to Point B depending on where you want to go. It’s the same thing that WoW has with it’s flight points. The only thing that the Waypoints do is allow for faster travel between points. Well I would love to travel around the world of Tyria astride a Moa, or some other style of mounts that the creative geniuses of ArenaNet could come up with.

So please, please, please, please bring us mounts or something similar and fun in the future. The GW2 mounts would look so much better then the mounts in WoW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaiserin.4781

Kaiserin.4781

Hello,

I just wanted to add my .02 on what I feel personally should be changed/added/whatever.

Things I feel that REALLY need to be changed:

- Another way other than in-game mail to trade with people. (Mail is good, but you can be scammed..I know some people say to use the TP then, but that’s not always an option as sometimes it’s down, or maybe you just simply want to use people from your server.)
- Armor inspect feature, for obvious reasons.
- Bank space that isn’t shared.. Somehow I don’t see this happening, but a girl can hope, right?
- The ability to view armor/weapons that is able to be purchased from the trading post.
- Barbershop type feature eventually would be really nice!
- An even larger text font for the chat box. (The large size isn’t really all that large, and I speak for myself and some others that agree it needs to be bigger!)
- More UI customization, however, not addons or anything like that. Just the ability to change font colors, for example, or move abilities around instead of having to keybind them a certain way, etc.

Things I would like to see change one day, but don’t feel are crucial to gameplay:

- More body types for human females (especially) as most of them look as though they haven’t eaten in years. Also, I wouldn’t mind seeing the larger Norn female body type that is shown throughout the game NPCs, yet player characters don’t have access to. The thing is, males can be huge, but females can’t? Come on A-net, do away with the double standard!
- Custom channels for the players.
- Strictly for fun or vanity’s sake, the ability for Norn to remain in shapeshift form, or for elementalists to keep their pets out permanently, etc. Again, just for fun, not for actual gameplay purposes.
- Mounts, again for vanity’s sake or fun, not necessarily for speed increase. Even just a generic horse would be lovely!

Otherwise, I’m very pleased with GW2! Fantastic game so far, finding it hard to play one character due to liking so many professions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bleekr.9578

Bleekr.9578

My suggestion is having more than one way to get Badges of Honor.

Either increase the drop rate or in someway reward them to players for taking objectives.

It’s also not fair for players who are playing support who arn’t killing as many people. At least in say a dungeon if you complete a boss or objective you get the tokens, here it’s all about killing the other players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zayeban.2806

Zayeban.2806

Random Gem Shop Suggestions:

• More trait pages (character upgrade)
    Players won’t use the same trait spec for outside PVE as for Dungeons, especially for the harder explorable modes. Not to mention the variety of builds between dungeons themselves. Constantly swapping traits and rearranging them is annoying. So i suggest that ANet adds some trait extra pages to buy from the gem shop, so that we can just easily swap them, when needed.
  • Crafting expasion slot (character upgrade)
    Since any character can learn all professions but only can hold two at any given time, he must constantly swap them for money, which is annoying. I suggest to add extra crafting expansion slots, so that a character doesn’t have to constantly swap crafting professions, but can have all 8 professions at once if he buys 6 extra crafting expansion slots.
  • Lipstick (character visual appearance)
    Available in semi colours or in bundles
  • Gear swap tooltip (character upgrade)
    Players won’t use the same gear for each boss encounter in a single dungeon, especially when hard mode comes around. They will change gameplay tactics which include traits and gear accordingly. A easy gear swap tooltip, which could be used out of combat, would help immensely.

(edited by Zayeban.2806)

in Suggestions

Posted by: zeus.5248

zeus.5248

Hello these are my suggestions:

• Give us a way to remove particles,most of the time in Dynamic events you cant see anything that happening if there are a couple of elementalists and mesmers around moreover they make ppl without so good computer lag like crazy.A good way to do this is to give an options like show all particles,show particles only of myself,and dont show anything,Of course with keeping the ^world particles^ like the rings at the floor which indicate what is happening.
  • Put a bank inside the mist.
  • Give us a way to earn some gold by doing pvp and even possible some karma.
  • Remove cost of repair in dungeons and up a bit the rewards.
  • Give us a way to duel only ppl from our friends list,only inside the mist.
  • Give us an option to get a second spec for our traits that we can only swap every 10 min out of combat,you can sell this at the gem store.
  • If you complete the world 100% lower significant the cost of travelling around so you promote even more ppl start exploring and finishing the world.
  • Improve the description in many traits an example is some warrior traits such as defy pain or last stand which dont say what the cd is.
  • Change the map so we can put multiple marks on it that we can give them names so we have easier time to remember things like where events happening.
  • A way so we can also do direct trade with other players.
  • Many events especially in orr are most of the time bugged so if its possible change the events that if no progress is done during 10 min timer the event reset.
  • Deal with all these bots that spamming ppl with ingame emails selling gold.
  • Display also the real lvl of the players while downscale.

These some of the things that I can think of right now that I would like to see changed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kirby.4951

Kirby.4951

I’m sure others have already suggested it but I want to make sure it is covered.

1. Add a way to have multiple saved trait trees. So we can switch between a couple different specs on the fly while in a town or in the heart of the mists.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avadar.6154

Avadar.6154

1. Put mechanics on boss fights and not the usual tank spam dodge and avoid the circles.
2. Put also tactics on world boss raids .
3. Anytime we will ever see raid instances?
4. Trade
5. Duel
6. Give us more skills maybe in the future to choose, than the usual we get till 5 lvl.
7. Decrase the cost of teleports
8. Target of target
9. Put a mark when we have full completed an region.
10.Better dps than the usual 1.100 weapons? More Variety on items and legendary MUST have better stats than exotics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

Easy fix for the lack of a trade system, add cash on delivery option to mail system.
At what point did you all decide that a trade system was not necessary? How long do you think it will take before there is a cataclysmic level of QQing over someone getting scammed through the mail system.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flumburken.6217

Flumburken.6217

- Something that bugs me is that when you make your character talk, they just stand there motionless.. almost soulless. What if you implemented some animation, similar to what you use in the Personal Story cutscenes, to make your characters more alive?

Basically, what World of Warcraft is using during in-game chat.

- Also, allow your character to sit on chairs! Always wanted that, and so to many others.

in Suggestions

Super Donkey.7296

one thing i dislike at the moment is that the two handed weapons only get 1 upgrade slot. So its better stat-wise for me to use a sword and shield for magic finding, even though I would much prefer to be able to swap between my sword and shield to my bow, seeing as certain foes require ranged, especially during dungeon runs when you find yourself on low health, and want to step back to regen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Smitt.8602

Smitt.8602

First of all great game ArenaNet! There is a few things I think this game could benefit from having.

*Preview Trading Post items and inspect/preview other players option.

*More titles for the pve side of the game.

*Make the dungeon tokens universal. Will still take the same amount of time to get enough but this way you can spread it out over all of the dungeons. Wouldn’t hurt if the token requirements for the items were adjusted down a good bit too.

*Allow us to adjust the FOV and also move the camera farther back then currently allowed.

Content-wise I really want to see player housing. With all the bells and whistles too. Add crafting recipes for house items like furniture, storage, decorations, etc….. Let us have full control of item placement and color/pattern/material selection for walls and floor/ceiling. Allow us to hang trophies on the walls for all to see. Let our mini pets roam around in it also.

*Keep up the excellent work you have done so far and know that you deserve all the praise and success you are seeing already!

Have none.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I haven’t seen anything regarding character make-overs for GW2 when using the search forum feature. Do you plan on releasing such a thing in the near future? ‘Cuz I totally want to redo a character’s appearance but don’t want to reroll and lose my progress. I’d gladly pay for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SniperFodder.9046

SniperFodder.9046

Keybind to Toggle Town Clothes out of combat. Why it wasn’t added in the first place I’ll never know…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skartall.4256

Skartall.4256

If a player has just spent money in order to respec his traits, please give him a way to undo changes he acidentally made and didn’t want (missclick or sth. like that). If you happen to click the plus sign next to the trait line just one single time too often, there is no other way to undo this than having to pay again. Why is that? It’s very annoying.

Since I see hardly any use in this mechanic than having an additional gold sink, and annoiyng players that missclick during trait point distribution, I suggest you add the following mechanic: Whenever a player has spent a trait point into one of their trait lines and after that, closes the hero panel, a message appears that asks them to confirm that this is the trait point distribution they wanted. Until the player confirmes, there is a “Undo changes” button on the traits panel.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revelstoke.8924

Revelstoke.8924

In no particular order just some random suggestions that I’ve scribbled down since headstart mainly focusing on PvP.

- Impose a penalty to players leaving an sPvP match early. In doing so you could effectively remove the (Rather annoying) constant moving of players to keep teams balanced.
- The gathering of glory and rank points needs to be increased. This can be done either by way of certain maps providing double glory for the day, ‘pvp weekend’, or simply raising the cap. I typically place 1st to 3rd in most matches and even then it takes quite a while just to get 1000 glory only to spend it on one chest of random goods, none of which are usable and get salvaged.
- The PvP rewards systems needs to be looked at. The fact I can’t control what my glory is going towards aggravates me. Im basically running the same 4 maps over and over again for randomized loot that I can’t use. I see no reason why you couldnt just put glory amounts on ALL loot and scale it based on tier. 1000 for tier 1, 2500 for tier 2, 5000 for tier 3, and so on. It would allow us to set a goal and give us a reason to PvP.
- Its also rather frustrating that the accumulation of glory is so slow that when you do finally obtain a piece of gear you like/looks cool that you can essentially only show it off in the PvP lobby that no ones really ever in. I see no reason why we shouldnt be allowed to transmute our PvP gear into PvE gear for aesthetic purposes only and visa versa for those players who focus on dungeons and raids.
- Turn off the ‘automatic dying’ of players into blue and red in sPvP or allow us to to chose whether we want it on or not. Personally, you could simply set the opposing teams name colors to red and that would suffice. Again, in a PvP system where the only reward you’re getting is aesthetics it would be nice to actually be able to see it in it’s ‘true’ sense.
- Allow for multiple specs and the switching between them. I like the fact that I can do this in the PvP lobby but its annoying to have to constantly reset your skill points and change gear to go between specs. Having, say, 3 specs set to chose from with a cooldown to switch between them would be great.
- More maps to chose from in PvP and the ability to queue for a specific map.
- Different types of maps. Deathmatch, CTF, Headquarters-esque, Conquest, etc.
- Allow us to store as many (same as normal collectible limit) of a PvP item in the locker as we want. I dual wield daggers and pistols, having to keep an off-hand model of every dagger and pistol I find is silly. Just let me put both in my locker please.

Unrelated:

- Ability to duel players
- Binding ‘R’ to ‘Reply’ …please, for the love of all things holy
- The trading post/economy as a whole is jacked up due to farmers. Its impossible to sell anything that’s not exotic there for a profit as I regularly see people posting blue gear for LESS than what they could have made vendoring it.
- Random audio bugs. Ill just be walking and theres no one around me and ill get ‘RARRRRRR’ or ‘OW. MY LEG’
- Please add an option in settings for us to turn off auto-queuing of abilities. Im often a ‘masher’ of keys in the heat of a fight but before I can stop it ive already done 3 LDB and burned my init despite only really wanting to do 1.
- There is a bug with downed players being invulnerable while floating. And why is a downed player on land stuck but a downed player in water can swim faster than Michael Phelps?
- Need a dungeon finder utility. Ive only done one dungeon because I find it annoying/waste of time to sit in a zone and /shout.
- General statement that the end game needs to be looked at. Seems players are hitting 80 (myself included) at an alarming rate and then going ‘Now what?’. After running DE’s in Orr till my fingers hurt I tried PvP which I find fun and challenging but it would be nice to have better and more challenging PvE options and more rewards to aim for.

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief