Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlmaMater.2954

AlmaMater.2954

These have already been addressed, i think, but there is no harm in reaffirming them:

A Dungeon Finder Tool/System (It’s quite frustrating when someone leaves a dungeon halfway through.)
Item Preview for the Trading Post
Enable Party queuing for PVP
A Dueling System (maybe instanced?)
Mounts and Mounted Combat/Skills (giving the player another skill bar depending on profession, just like underwater or like the downed state, although it would be more focused on travelling and the offensive abilities provided would be much less powerful then the regular unmounted combat)

Thank You for reading and keep up the good work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: alexosenov.2697

alexosenov.2697

Hello everybody! I`ve been playing guild wars 2 since the beta stage and i all i can say is that the game itself is revolutionary. The game mechanics are awesome and they for sure add great dynamic to the game. The evade is certainly a key mechanic and the the fact that every class has its own way if gaining vigor ( which regenerates endurance ) is well developed and implemented. I have leveled up almost all the clases and i can say the the pve system, the dungeon system and the level system are unique and that is why the game is a mmo of a new genre.

However I have been wondering why the PVE and the Structured PVP are not related to each other? We all know that this concept comes from the previous Guild Wars, but for people that really like PVP system it is pointless to explore the world of Tyria and the PVE system. This was the first thing that disapointed me and my friends. The second thing that we found out frustrating was the weapon/utility/elite skills and the armors. I believe that the thing that each player likes is the armor art and the memorable skills.

So these are my suggestions:

1. Structured PVP – 2 types

I -type – Playable with your PVE character
II – type – Playable with your PVP character

I- type should have level brackets – Something like
10 – 15 level bracket
15 – 20 level bracket
And so on. I know that traits are esential, but 5 level gap difference is not that big.
Also you enter with the skills and the traits that you aquired on you PVE hero.

III. Mesmer – Curently the class has no indication in pvp systems that can distinct the real one from an illusion.

2. Graphics options and visual appereance
I. I would like to see and option to disable special effect for other characters. For my screen only. ( not disabling the visual effect of my hero).
II. Guild Wars should have different armor styles for every 10 levels cap. I am suggesting that because in other mmorpgs armor style means a lot and shows that the character is in certain level cap. Also i think there should more NON- middle aged armor styles like the Glyphic style for the weapons. The armors and the weapons should be unique and memorable! With exclusive style for each individual weapon even if the weapon is With the same model at least it should be something like this:
- Weapon 80 lvl -
- Berserker – One base model for the type (A) of sword, but since it is a berserker one it should have like visible cool ornament indicating that the sword type is (A) but it is a berserker one.
- Traveler – Same base model for type (A), but with different cool ornament indicating that this type(A) weapon is a traveler one.
I believe that the same thing can be applied for the armors as well. In every mmorpg people love to see their own weapon and amor choice being that makes the unique. Also glowing weapons and armors are feast for the eyes since the begining of mmorpg genre.

III. Skills – The skills visual appereance sometimes is amazing, but sometimes it is “hilarious”. For example the ranger`s shortbow skill “Concussion Shot” is just an ordinary arrow with small bubbles on it compared to the Elementalist`s scepter skill – Phoenix. I would really love to see some bigger visual effect for the skills. Since all of the classes can wear more than 1 weapon it should be something that is memorable and unique to the class. Just like each class has its own color the skills should have different and related to the “class color” visual appereance. If the skills visuals are more like drawn using computer graphic it will be more flashy and effective. For example imagine the thief using the air around the battlefield, fusing it with the daggers for the attacks. This could even be used like the combo fields – if there is combo field – fire the daggers will the set a blaze.
I firmly believe that such visual effects will greatly contribute to the appereance of the game, because it will turn it in something that you love. Each time you cast the skill you will be fulfilled with awe and astonishment by the graphics of the game.

The last thing that i believe is missing from the game is the weapon and armor upgrading – the little gems or crystals used to give +1 grade to your armor and enchance its properties. Also if the grade if the armor is high enough it starts to glow, because of the mystical force imbued in the crystala used for upgrading. My suggestion is that these crystals should drop in dungeons and armor upgrading will give you oppurtunity to enchance your armor to the limits and help you survive through the dungeons. And it will also contribute to the visual appereance of the game.

Guild Wars 2 undoubtedly is a great game created with a lot of effort and dedication. Everything is unique and has its own story whether it is the characters or the environment. I would really love to see such changes in-game and i am sure that more people will be captivated by the world of Tyria and GW as a game.

(edited by alexosenov.2697)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orz.5091

Orz.5091

Allow the commander icon to be account based. As a commander I feel locked into playing WvW with only one character because I can’t use my other characters to play.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nuxotrix.8456

nuxotrix.8456

Hello

I have only one suggestion but i dont know iff anyone else came with this idea

Is it posible to zoom more out then it is now?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antrasith.2187

Antrasith.2187

Suggestion to improve Elementalist: respecify which Staff skills are Combo Fields and which are Combo Finishers.

Currently Water has 3 Fields and no Finishers, while Earth has no Fields but 3 Finishers. Switching attunements to access a Finisher often takes longer than the duration of the Combo Field, leading to over-reliance on skills #7-9 (eg Aura Blast).

Simplest way to fix: add Projectile Finisher attribute to #1 skills in Fire, Water and Lightning (Fireball, Water Blast, Chain Lightning). In Earth attunement, switch skill #2 (Eruption) frmo Combo Finisher: Blast to Combo Field: Earth.

This will allow Elementalists to more easily self-combo, increasing their flexibility when soloing and allownig them to better help the group when in Dungeons.

I wouldn’t put a finisher in every attunement, but it would be great to have finishers in 2 attunements at least —> especially the Earth change you proposed.. You cannot use the #2 Earth skill as a finisher, since it takes way too long before it erupts..

Maybe it’s a problem with the combo fields too.. I’m under the impression, the “healing rain” staf #5 skill, does not last for 9 seconds at all.. If the field remained for the actual 9 seconds, you could use finishers, but as it stands now, you cast it, switch to earth and you get 1 projectile off (2 if you’re lucky), before it fades. It’s probably because the rain buffs people, but doesn’t leave the field available to combo.

Same for fire attunement with Dagger as Offhand —> Duration of #4 (Ring of Fire) = 6 seconds, yet I can only get 1 projectile through it, after switching attunement to earth.. 2 if I’m very lucky.

When I tried with my longbow on my warrior with the burst-skill, I had plenty of time to get a few shots through the ring of fire, before it faded..

The Wheel turns as the Wheel Wills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

Hi, Anet. I have a few ideas how to improve mini-games activities. My friends and i wanna to see in Guild Wars 2 some gambling mini-games. For example:
-In human locations players can play card games for game money.
-In Charr locations people can watch and play as moa bird. For spectators will be aviable totalisator system, for players “moa birds” will be aviable another system which gives a percents of pot to winner
-In Norn locations i would like to see a dice game. Here people just drink and spend they money, all simple.
-In Asura locations gambling mini-games is unnecessary. Gambling is for bookahs.
-I can`t imagine gambling mini-game for sylvari, but I guess it should contain eating meat.

That sould be great endgame content for me :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chark.9216

Chark.9216

Idea 1: Introducing a sprinting feature.
This idea is pretty simple: allowing players to sprint trough the usage of endurance. For example, holding down a key (shift by default) would drain one’s endurance but make him run “x” % faster. It would then be possible to empty one’s endurance bar by sprinting for a given amount of time (let’s say 6 seconds, where 1 second of sprinting takes 33% of the endurance that a dodge-roll takes). Not only would this be useful for running around when out of combat, but also would it add a completely new world of possibilities for combats: should a get away faster with sprint but get hit by that arrow because I didn’t dodged? Should I hunt down this kitting playing by sprinting to him, but weaken myself by emptying my endurance pool in return?
I think that, in addition of being a fun and useful “upgrade” to the game, using one’s endurance for sprinting and dodging feels and sounds completely natural, as these two features should both use the same resource, like they do in real world: endurance.
Idea 2: Giving more significance to the word “endurance”
In a real fight, one’s endurance can certainly affects one’s odds of winning. Therefore, I feel that it could add both immersion and tactic to do a change to the endurance bar itself.
“Endurance bar A”: this is the endurance bar as it is right now. Although there’s no number on the bar, there are 100 endurance units and dodging takes 50 endurance units. The regeneration of the bar is set at 5 units per second.
“Endurance bar B”: this endurance bar would have 100 units, dodging would take X units (to be decided by developers, I feel like the right value should be 40). When a character would be at 100% endurance, he could possibly have a tiny (let’s say 2-3%) boost to HP and/or damage (because he isn’t tired yet) and could suffer from a condition when getting under a Y value (I suggest that Y should be 20, and the condition could simply be “weakness”, applied until the character regain endurance over the Y value). Of course, the bar would look almost exactly as it is right now, with no number on it at all.
This “upgrade” to the endurance bar would make this resource feel more realistic and more important from a tactical point of view. It would also go well with the idea 1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Invertation.4293

Invertation.4293

Forgive my not searching for a thread with these similar suggestions, I’m sure there are too many similar to justify selecting just one to reply to.

The general idea here is to reduce the imposition that ingame costs have.

So, in the way of Waypoints, I suggest a cap at 1s for the furthest location at level 80. Waypoint costs in the mid copper range are cheap enough to be desirable to use for distance, and significant enough that bounding about a map isn’t the most desirable option, but doesn’t mutilate our reserves if we do.

Additionally, looking towards armor repair, I feel it’s not the worst in General PvE, but given the difficulty in Dungeons, I suggest a cap to the maximum armor repair cost. Something that would be within the realm of reason is 5 armor pieces, or ~10s. This would make perpetuated failure less dissuasive in dungeons while still making deaths have a penalty against the end reward.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

Im a player playing a guardian and i find, as many other guardians, that the shield is really badly designed as none of its skills actually BLOCK! shields are made and used for blocking and since Shields dont have a block rate per se many people that do like using a shield find it kinda pointless cos in GW2 it doesnt actually block, in fact it blocks even less than the other off-hands available. Please GW2 devs and team look into this and consider suggestions and a re-design. I leave a post in which its better explained by Dragonhero.1852:
I love the guardian for the most part but one thing bothers me alot about its design. You can only block with one weapon. You can’t even use a shield for that it’s vary purpose?
The Guardian is melee class without block skills. Sure we have Aegis but due to its difficulty to control and long recharge time we often cant use it when we actually need to. Yes some of the weapons have blind skills but those cant be used to trigger our blocking traits. Probably the biggest issue is that you cant even use a shield to block. A shield is a device created specifically for that vary purpose and the guardian cant use it for that? Sure we can block ranged attacks with it but thats a mute point when we are usually fighting in melee range. You can say your supposed to dodge all you want but thats not the point. Their are some times when its a much better option to block than dodge but when you cant do it that can become a real issue. You can argue about originality but the when a design choice gets in the way of functionality it becomes a big issue.
Their is even a way to fix this easily. The mace a weapon that is terrible at blocking in real life is the only weapon that you can block with as a guardian. I purpose swapping the Protectors strike and the shield of Judgment ability’s. Giving the block to the shield and the buff/attack to the mace this wont mix up the mace/shield style it will just swap the functionality of 3 and 4. While adding a block to the Sword/Shield and Scepter/Shield styles. Creating three styles capable of blocking.
I would further suggest not swapping the names or cool-downs just the skill functionality. As the names would better fit each others functionality and having the guardian being able to pull off a manual block with Aegis might be a little Op if the block doesn’t have good cool-down. Also I have read complaints about the Shield of Judgments protection buff having too short a duration for its cool-down.
Thank you very much!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SaladSnake.4068

SaladSnake.4068

Item preview at trading post. Recently I had an idea to go to TP and buy some items just to change the look of my equipment. But I discovered that there is no preview.

Totally double This.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ravens.4871

ravens.4871

In WvW players and siege should lose their invulnerability buff if they attack players/walls. Yeah don’t get so close to have it but you can build and shoot from the hills below the defenders keep and break the walls taking it with very little effort at all and no damage.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Judgement.1078

Judgement.1078

Can we allow gathering tools to stack? This will streamline the gathering process immensely. I would rather buy my tools in bulk, stack them together and equip them without having to re-equip after 100 chops. This is a bigger problem for the Master and Black Lion gear, of which I have plenty, but only in smaller values. Needless to say this is taking up valuable inventory space.

While gathering, I notice that the character will gather three times, regardless of the value of the nodes. With rich nodes there is always one extra ore you can gather after about the 3rd time you interact, then you are left chipping at nothing and using up your tools. Can we set this so that your toon will gather everything at once, and then stop when the resource is depleted please?

‘How does the day find you, Peacemaker?’
‘Like every other day- by forcing sunlight between my eyelids.’

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dicentra.9578

Dicentra.9578

It’s a small thing but lately it’s been a nagging for me. The hair ties, ribbons and anything in a character’s hair/on head was made with a certain color. I was wondering if it could color change with the helmet? Sometimes it doesn’t matter but if you want to use a light blue and your toon’s head band is dark brown, it doesn’t look right. As I said, not a huge deal but I guess that says alot about how much I’ve been enjoying the game if that’s my biggest complaint. Thanks for reading!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nethelli.4023

Nethelli.4023

• BLTC “Pick Up” integrated into crafting stations
  • Ability to see cooldowns on weapon set X while wielding weapon set Y
  • Ability to swap in secondary skills while the present ones are still cooling down (obviously with CD inheritance for the sake of balance)
  • More options for controlling pet behavior (Ranger)
  • Ability to “store” multiple trait builds to streamline re-traiting
  • A global LFG system that allows players to create/join groups based on the criteria of dungeon and difficulty setting, thus eliminating the need to spam map chat. If not the above, at least a dedicated server-wide LFG channel.
  • Higher stack count on dungeon tokens (1000?)
  • Ability to “recharge” items such as salvage kits and gathering tools by combining them with other partially-depleted items of the same type
Guildmaster of Nerd Herd [NERD] (Tarnished Coast)
Nethalia Frostmane [Ranger], Lyzanxia Unsu [Engineer]
Torg Darkmaw [Thief], Zekka The Architect [Elementalist]

in Suggestions

Posted by: RaM.8523

RaM.8523

Increase party cap to 10 in pve please (or at least 8 like GW1). 5 persons is not enough even for a small guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: madhat.7610

madhat.7610

Asura gates – name of locations. I have one more little suggestion. I think it will be nice if you add names of locations gates lead to the asura gate titles on the map. I always have a problem in Rata Sum. There are too many gates and I can’t remember which one leads to Lion’s Arch for example untill I’m standing in front of gate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordMazdamundi.2147

LordMazdamundi.2147

just created my first ranger in the last few days, absolutely loving it.
i tend to consistently switch my active pets around, and constantly have to rename them everytime i put them away and sumon them again. it is becoming a real pain and im only level 14.please make it so that the names i give them stay there whether they are ‘in the bank’ or not

in Suggestions

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

I have seen a lot of people requesting a dungeon finder tool be added to the game. Personally, I am against the idea since I have had horrible experiences in PUGs in previous games that I have played. But, in an effort to be supportive of my player community, I have thought of something that would make it easier to, at least, get to the dungeons.

I honestly do not see the point in having to port to region A to get to dungeon X. If you want to stand there and spam map chat for a group for dungeon X, then more power to you. But to elaborate on the dungeon finder tool being requested, it could be designed to automatically port party members right outside of the entrance. Let me explain:

Players 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 all register for the queue for Ascalonian Catacombs and end up being partied together. Unfortunately, all five party members are scattered everywhere across the world map; so a small window, just big enough to be noticed, pops up asking if player (insert number) is ready. They choose yes and are automatically ported to the entrance of Ascalonian Catacombs.

Now the same theory could be applied to the tool only working for the region where the dungeon is located. Either way, it would help people get their groups together and keep people from having to wait for others who just aren’t ready.

in Suggestions

Posted by: timlst.2370

timlst.2370

I have noticed the recent trend in standing outside dungeons and spamming lfg*insert dgn*. I personally find this current setup slightly infuriating, and mostly because the amount of people actually looking for the dungeons in general is almost nonexistent on some days, and I fell in love with some of the people on my server so i would hate to leave.
I personally think that enabling players to cross server party for dungeons would be a simple solution. My suggestion for how to easily enable cross server parties to be formed is essentially a chat menu with a few features.

1) The chat window is around the size of your standard IM program messenger ect
2) The icon to open this chat is in the upper left hand corner
3) A chat for each dungeon
4) A sub chat for people searching for explorer mode or story mode runs
5) The chat rooms span all maps
5A) EX. A person grinding in dredgehaunt cliffs can find a party for CM/TA story mode

in Suggestions

Posted by: forice.3165

forice.3165

glider like this screenshot.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: FourTwo.7613

FourTwo.7613

glider like this screenshot.

Oh that’s ArcheAge? Looks pretty sweet.

In terms of suggestions, would definitely like a mouselook toggle similar to the combat mode mod that literally is just a right mouse button toggle, so that we don’t have to hold the right mouse button down whenever we need to turn our character, as it gets annoying and distracting after a while.

Another improvement would be to force center the mouse when we hold the RMB. Can’t name the number of times I miscast my aoe because I have quick cast on and the rmb was held down on the top of the screen (Also because when the RMB is held down the mouse cursor disappears).

Whenever there are particle effects, it’s really hard to find the cursor, not sure what can be done to improve this. Having a targetting reticle in the middle of the screen might work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neferteri.7342

Neferteri.7342

Most of these have been mentioned, but putting what I’d like to see together in one spot:

• Be able to return items bought with Karma within the first couple of minutes, as long as not used. For accidental buys.
  • Be able to choose text colours for different channels. Depending on your most-used channels, it’d be nice to have more differentiation.
  • Option to have a sound when friends/guild members log in or out. As well as maybe de-coupling the message from system messages, which can be so noisy with looting that it’s so easy to miss a friend coming on. (Another option for that is some kind of toast window, that pops up, if you enable the option for that kind of indication.)
  • Filtering for heavy/medium/light armor types in the TP.
  • If you were to implement an inspect option, please make sure that there’s some kind of indicator, like an asterisk, if the item has been transmuted. So that others don’t look for the same item based on name, and be surprised at either the look or stats.
  • Auto-loot in WvWvW would be nice, especially when there’s a lot going on, and a lot of movement.
  • Autoblock reported spammers.
  • More body types for female characters, not just super-duper skinny ranging out to kinda-normal looking.
  • Be able to display titles. Make sure that it’s done in such a way as to distinguish the title from people who build a title into their regular name.
  • It would be nice either to have a collection of macros one could make, even just for text, or to have commonly used phrases bound to certain keys, maybe the numpad. This would be useful particularly in PvP or WvW, when you don’t necessarily have time to type out certain instructions.
  • Don’t list things as options on the TP that cannot be listed on the TP. Example: As far as I can tell, salvage kits are accountbound even before you use them. Why is there a “Tools” category that lists all the kits, but with zero availablity?

(edited by Neferteri.7342)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chiggerbite.6572

Chiggerbite.6572

Smart Spam Filter for Chat and Mail

Issue
The amount of gold selling spam I’m seeing in both chat and mail is starting to become an issue for me. I’m sure the amount of man power necessary to control all the reports of gold sellers is fairly substantial as well.

Possible Solution
A pre-processing spam filter for both the mail and chat systems. I’ve seen this used with other games I’ve played and was extremely effective. The filter would work sort of like the profanity filter, but would need to be server side. These filters would process chat and mail before it was sent to the game clients for certain patterns and web addresses that the gold spammers are using in their advertisements. If found, the mail/chat is dropped and reported internally. From a support standpoint, I’m sure this would have to be done so the filter could be updated dynamically by your support folks so as the spammers come up with new addresses and patterns, they can add them to the filter for immediate response.

Alternative Solution
An alternative solution might be to do the above on the client side as a spam filter similar to the profanity filter. If turned on, it actively watches your chat and mail. If the spam patterns/addresses are detected, a gold spamming report would be automatically sent and the mail/message would not be displayed in chat. Instead, just the system message acknowledging a report would display in chat. For this to be effective, a regular update of the client side spam filter would be necessary.

Outcome
These possible solutions negate one use of stolen accounts. By preventing the gold farmers from advertising, it makes it substantially harder for them to get the word out… which will dry up their potential customer base. In games where I’ve seen this type of system implemented, gold selling/farming was all but non-existent because they had no reliable way of recruiting customers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BioHazard.2147

BioHazard.2147

I know a lot of you Guild Wars 1 vets out there we’re confused when you got to 80 and you’re like OKAY, Where is my 2nd class now?

Dual-Class system was something that was in Guild Wars 1 and personally one of my favorite features of Guild Wars. It allowed for a ton of customization, and overall just more fun as you never got bored with a character, and when you did you simply changed your secondary and tried something new.

With the weapon skills being set Guild Wars 2 has a very set class feel that becomes boring fast. While I do find myself switching my build up often this is my suggestion.

Allow for a Dual-Class system, Keeping weapon skills locked but allowing to switch for your Secondary profession’s skill.

Ex. Ranger/Warrior wielding a Longbow.
Weapon Slot 1. Long Range Shot® or Dual Shot(W)
Weapon Slot 2. Rapid Fire® or Fan of Fire(W)
(and so on)

Also this could allow a Ranger/Thief to use pistols or a Ranger/Warrior to use a hammer.

Characters would get Traits from your PRIMARY profession similar to Guild Wars 1.

This would allow for a whole new play on each profession. Allowing you to set up a all kinds of new builds on your weapon, and expanding the game play.

What would remain the same would be each professions unique ability. Rangers will keep their pets, and the Thief will still be the only one allowed to stealth/steal. Mesmers will retain their ability to shatter their illusions while a W/Me will still be able to summon one. Some thoughts on how Elementalist will be incorporated is still open. Increasing casting time of Ele skills in Non-Ele or reducing efficiency?

This could go even farther into Utility skills as well or just restricted to Weapon skills.

Changes to WvW
-No Restrictions / Changes

Changes to sPvP
-Only allow Weapon/Utility Skills from Primary Class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrystalKnight.3619

CrystalKnight.3619

Addition to sPVP as stated a few times. Letting us fight in our pve gear in respectable brackets

spvp currently provides little choice in gear seeing as some profession are easier then others.

in Suggestions

Posted by: OaenKinkaid.5893

OaenKinkaid.5893

Guild Improvements: first off id like to have a mail all members/mail all officers option to make communicating with my guild or my officers more manageable instead of having to change the message of the day.

Secondly i feel that the two tabs that show who is online is redundent… i hate having to check back and forth between the tabs to check a persons level and then going back to the previous one to either promote or demote. i feel having just one screen with the info of both would be much better indeed.

Third i hope Guild Halls are in the works because that is something a lot of my members are hoping for.

Also, id like to see cheaper armors and weapons for the guild armor and weapons. a lot of my members want to display the emblems we have but just done have the resources to spend on that it takes away from their crafting or gem buying . there are other things i thought of but most of that got taken care of by other people posting so thanks and keep up the good work

in Suggestions

OaenKinkaid.5893

Guild Improvements: first off id like to have a mail all members/mail all officers option to make communicating with my guild or my officers more manageable instead of having to change the message of the day.

Secondly i feel that the two tabs that show who is online is redundent… i hate having to check back and forth between the tabs to check a persons level and then going back to the previous one to either promote or demote. i feel having just one screen with the info of both would be much better indeed.

Third i hope Guild Halls are in the works because that is something a lot of my members are hoping for.

Also, id like to see cheaper armors and weapons for the guild armor and weapons. a lot of my members want to display the emblems we have but just done have the resources to spend on that it takes away from their crafting or gem buying . there are other things i thought of but most of that got taken care of by other people posting so thanks and keep up the good work

in Suggestions

OaenKinkaid.5893

in Suggestions

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

Only 2 things.

Please fix the mesmer downed skill Deception. In it’s current state it’s is an utter joke and I’ve NEVER been in a situation [PvE, WvW, PvP] where that skill could potentially save my life.
Most of the time it puts me right next to my clone or closer to the enemy I’m trying to get away from.
My solution would be to make it more like the theif’s Shadow Escape where you have a target you can move around. I don’t care if its a smaller area to target, just anything then what that skill is now.

2nd thing is the /Resign command from the first game. I know it’s not as important in this game as the first one, but I still think it can serve it’s purpose in Dungeon Explore mode.

Thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scarface.5203

Scarface.5203

- Add more symbols for marking targets in dungeons
- cost of waypoints need to be cheaper in low level zones.
- repair cost in WvW should be lower
- add a preview in the Trading Company

Thanks for reading.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I am currently working on getting 100% World exploration but due to many skill point bugs, I have lost track of which area I am waiting for a fix.

Currently I have to visit each zone and since I’m already level 80, the cost of Way Point is getting ridiculous after a while.

So I would like to suggest the following;

1) An Area Completion Indicator viewable at the World Map level showing each zone the the percentage of completion.

2) An Achievement Checklist pull down to show which areas are not 100%.

3) An update detail, more specific than it is now, that identify which Skill Challenges that has been fixed. Currently, it’s the update is too generic that I have to physically go back to each challenges a to verify if they have been fixed – often times, I am disappointed and wasted time and money.

Thank you for your time and effort. As for me, these are just set backs and I’m sure that you will catch up eventually.

~Sv3

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caiotamietti.5749

Caiotamietti.5749

Captain Mode

What you guys think of a way in Spvp tournament, captain mode sort of dota.

Where will have one captain for each side, and each one had banned a class, as most classes can do all roles, and then each one will picking one class at a time, each player chooses at the end of your class. And it will be the build and equips (When I say the equipment would be the spvp) that are on your char. The map will be the same, just the way it would be different, thus leaving with more strategies, and greater difficulty in getting good. So you had specialized in one type of game, not a class type, point type holder, roaming, etc etc..

Kblood – Necro r49
Challenger of the Arena

in Suggestions

Posted by: Collects.4261

Collects.4261

I have an idea for a crafting/gathering sink (crafting/gathering sinks being good for the economy)

This should require mats across all the gathering/crafting proffessions.

Create a robot like a mini pet that runs around and collects loot in pve and pvp.

It will be immune to damage and untargetable while also moving around like a crack addict to gather loot.

The sink part will be the robot only lasts for a certain number of days (real time).

So there you go its not nessesary to have this robot because you can still gather loot normally (i am sure spamming F for loot and grabbing banners and talking to npcs is annoying for everyone) but it would be great to have if you could afford the running costs of one.

Further more you could also create skins and ranks or tires of gathering robots to add abit of spice to the idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Collects.4261

Collects.4261

Ok here is an idea for a expansion.

A new sub area called the guildlands.

When a guild reaches a certain playerbase they can unlock their own keep or castle which can be built up by dumping crafting/gather/money, e.t.c on it.

The acutal land that the guilds are stationed on would be a movable disk like world with a suface level and sub levels and each week the lands shift and add differnt guilds as neighbours.

Bonuses are given for how developed your keep is and attacking your neighbours and taking / mining / killing their castle’s and members.

Sucessful winning moves your lands closer to the bottom of the disk world where there are better bonuses and materials to gather.

However the futher you move down the move neigbours you have to contend with so working together and forming alliances with other guilds as you go would be benificial to your cause.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrTeMK.3125

MrTeMK.3125

Hi I wonder if you can implement a way to bind a button to cancel spells. I know that you can press ESC while casting a spell to intrupt the cast but there is no way that i can rebind it and use for example “T” to cancel.

I think this would be very useful. ATM Im using ESC all the time and its a hard button to press while in combat and try to move around at the same time.

So my suggestion is Either make so I can rebind ESC button or make a Cancel button. (the downside with rebinding ESC and use it as a cancelation button is that if you press it 2 times the menu comes up).

in Suggestions

Posted by: dymm.3625

dymm.3625

Total tax 15% is crazy (5% listing + 10% post trade)
Together with absence of direct trading

IMO, economics will not be interesting part of the game. As well as the craft.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Armagrath.4956

Armagrath.4956

There is one thing, that i think its not hard to accomplish, and it would help me and other guild leaders alot. I dont know wich players are active or not, becouse i cant be 24/7 online, in other games we have the information telling us for how long they dont play, like 1 day. 5 days 1 week. That would help me alot keeping track of my guild members.

If you get the time to read this, thanks alot.

Keep up the good work

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thor Muthels.4326

Thor Muthels.4326

I think PvP areas should be removed from the world completion requirement. This penalizes those of us who are not interested in the PvP aspect of the game. PvP was not a requirement in GW1 for world completion (cartography and guardian titles), and should not be a requirement in GW2 for anything but PvP rewards.

Thor Muthels
Legion of the Rogue Dragon [LORD]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in Suggestions

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

1) Would you add the ability to preview equipment on the Trading Post, so you know what they look like before buying them? This would allow players to decide if they want to buy it or not based on its look.

2) Allow the renaming of guilds.

That’s all I have. It’s a wonderful game so far, and I’m impressed with how polished it is as freshly released MMO. Good job!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sartheris.8456

Sartheris.8456

- Preview stuff from the Trading Post
- Add Two-Handed axes
- Add Crossbows
- Put in more RolePlay stuff – chairs to sit, empty houses for players to use…
- Weather – rain, clouds, fog, wind
- Inspect other players

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scout.2781

Scout.2781

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlmaMater.2954

AlmaMater.2954

1 more suggestion:

Give the option to hide/show Pet Names (minions, companions, spirit weapons, etc..)

in Suggestions

Posted by: carnivorouspixie.8250

carnivorouspixie.8250

The most important thing to me is the max camera distance. It needs to be 4 or 5 times what it currently is now. I want to be able to look down at my character and see myself as well as the mobs I’m fighting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

A minimap that can be moved to the left OR right of the screen. This is really tough on visually-impaired gamers like me and was part of what made GW1 so accessible.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Samurai.4796

Samurai.4796

To Mr Mike Ferguson
I have a few suggestion concerning WvWvW.

1) Zerg is no fun at all.

Zerging around with around 30 people is like a Honolulu marathon and
it only makes me tired.
The only reason I followed a zerg group was because I didn’t want to be zerged.
Please demotivate people to form a zerg group by adding “Over-Populated Effect”
to some over-populated area(not entire map) to reduce event experience
or chance to get rare loots.

2) The amount of consumable supply at any place should be less than 30.

Some people like building up trebuchet or Golems to satisfy themselves and
there is no way to stop them doing this.
It would be better to prevent them from consuming everything in a defending objective.

3) The starting zones should have a small supply spot.

In a situation where the winning server is attacking other starting zones,
there isn’t any better solution but to go somewhere else.
This happens because there is no supply at all and it happens quite frequently in this game.
I suggest to create a tiny supply spot inside starting area,
which would give you a small amount of supply.

4) Give a self-proclaimed hard core WvW player a chance to prove it.

The most annoying moments in WvW is when people are trying to tell me what to do.
Unfortunately, you can’t ban arrogant players for just being arrogant.
These people aren’t usually very good anyway.
They like building golems, attacking doors and preaching to me.
If they’re good enough to preach to people, then let them have a chance to prove it.

I suggest creating “The hardcore player icon” which would only be obtainable
through the ‘badge of honor’ and is visible like a commander icon.
The icon should be visible to enemy players so that he can’t zerg a casual player.
Also, they would have to play much harder.

If a player with such an icon told me what to do I would listen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Underwater combat idea

Players on land cannot see players and monsters submerged underwater, unless they too dive.
This way deep water bodies can be used for infiltration.

So far I have no other ideas for Underwater combat…
And if idea is part good, it can be improved.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilenceBlack.4973

SilenceBlack.4973

Like others said before me:

Dungeon looking for group tool (while implementing this, a worldwide looking for group channel could save time and does not force you to stand in Lion’s Arch spamming)

Waypoint travel should be free: travel in Guild Wars 1 is free and this is great, why here that should be different? The cost in my opinion is a great limit to the game experience. For example, suppose that i am in a place and a guild member says that there is a major event on the other side of the world in a lesser than 80 level zone. I know that will reward me with lesser money respect the much that i have to spend to travel to there, why should i lose money just because i want to help or simply because i like play events?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Fact is the game’s really good.
It’s got some flaws tho, implementing some simple stuff into the game would only make the game better, only more people would love it. No one would quit for these changes so I do not get the reason why Anet doesn’t think about these things.

Stuff that would literally make the game perfect for me:
WvW: ranks from 1-10 (1-50, doesn’t matter), for each rank you get a title/emblem whatever next to your name or something. (soldier, veteran, warlord whatever…)
The higher the rank of the invader you kill the better loot/more badges you get from him/her.
After a few ranks you can purchase better looking gear, max rank gear being amazing :P.
WvW is already fun, but that’s all, you get nothing atm, no ranks no nothing. The gear from badges looks really terrible and karma is pretty much useless.
These changes would only make it better, keep everything else the same, I really want to progress in WvW (ranks), earn a few rewards (armor skins) and have a status (titles/emblems). Most MMORPG’s I’ve played so far had something similar to this system and I actually did nothing but PvP after max level.

Dungeons: Probably a lot of people want some of the boss mechanics sorted out and damage/hp pools decreased I agree with that as some dungeons are a bit too hard, maybe not for premades, but making it a bit more PUG friendly would only make the dungeons better.
A chance of getting tokens/exotic items/minipets/dyes etc from chests. (But keep the 20(+40) tokens for path clear system) Atm I’ve done hundreds of runs meaning about 400ish chests open and got about 10 golds which are beyond useless and 1 pair of exotic gloves which are also pretty useless. That’s really bad imo. Especially if I got the set then after that there’s no reason for me to do dungeons at all. With a chance of dropping rare dyes/minipets or exotic items I’d actually have a go. Also adding a few more waypoints to dungeons like TA, so people who die/wipe there (and it’s really easy to) don’t have to spend 5 minutes running back every time.

Dragons like Jormag and other champions which take about 15 minutes to kill should reward more than 300 karma and a white helm. Sorry, but that actually doesn’t make any sense. They’re not fun either. I could basically go afk and let my character spam #1 and come back 10 minutes later.

Server wide group search or something like that. At the moment I see about 2-3 people infront of dungeons like CoE or a few more at Arah/CoF etc. And maybe 1 guy searching for a party on /map chat. That’s a joke. And yes I understand you don’t have to be infront of the dungeon to enter it, but the fact is that it’s really hard to find groups. Anet advertised how social and player friendly etc their game is, yet it’s impossible find a group. Such an obvious thing to add since you don’t have a general/world wide chat either, I can only look for more people on the map where the dungeon is or usually in LA. But there’s probably about 50 people around the map in different zones wanting to go to dungeons tho, they just can’t be bothered sitting in the zone waiting like me. Not hard to add a LFG function, enter dungeon name, explorable/story mode, 3/5 looking for 2 more, people on the server would see it and guaranteed the group would be full in seconds.

They’re really common things that other games have, but the other mmorpg’s usually reward better stat gear, higher rank/more hours played=op etc. GW2 would never be that. All these items as rewards would still be for the skins. Regarding that topic, the preview system on trading post is a must, especially when majority of the items bought after level 80 are only for the skins. Not being able to preview them is just annoying to be fair.

My thoughts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redhead.1379

Redhead.1379

I would like to see a group finder for Dungeons. Maybe even see the increase of Dungeons trophys dropps becuase it cost over 180 + to buy one item and must run the dungeon several times. I ran TA Exp 40 times in one day to get one piece of armor. No one wants to run the same thing over and over agian.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zetsubo.2589

Zetsubo.2589

Loving the game so far, but I’m really missing a few features from GW1:

1) Option to save builds.

It would be really helpful to be able to save trait builds, so after resetting your traits at the NPC you can just load up your build from a save file. that way, you can switch quickly between different setups for WvW and PvE, for instance. Also, for PvP this would be immensely helpful to keep track of your builds.

2) Time since last activity in Guild Panel.

The GW1 Guild Panel showed the time since a player last logged into the game. For a guild officer, this info is very valuable to determine a member’s activity. As far as I know, this information is not present in GW2. I’d very much like to see this back.

The above are only small things, but they are immensely helpful and since they were used in some form in the original game, I hope there are plans to implement them in the future.