Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sophie.9428

Sophie.9428

So far I really do love the game and a massive hats off to ArenaNet for delivering everything they promised. The game really is as good as it was marketed. I do have a couple of small suggestions though.

1. I created a character with a hairstyle that included a hairband. It turns out the hairband cannot be dyed. This might sound stupid but it’s really difficult to find armour dye combinations that work well with a bright purple hairband. If I had known, I wouldn’t have picked it. If you can change the colour of everything else, this should follow suit.

2. I think renown hearts should reward a little bit more silver. Money sinks into everything. It’s expensive to craft, use waypoints, repair armour (especially after dungeon runs), use the trading post, etc. I always seem to be spending a lot more money than I’m making. On this topic, if anyone disagrees and would like to share their tips on how they make some money, I’d appreciate it

3. Every now and again I’ll come across an area where the respawn rate is insane. Not sure if this is a bug though.

This aside, the game is amazing, and was definitly worth the wait! Way to go ArenaNet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

Previewing in TP
First person view
experience scaled better when you go to lower end zones (not equal to higher levels because they are easier, but worth doing if you don’t want to just do level 80 content to progress) and related to that waypoint costs for those zones equal across players.
also More dynamic events (even when you’re solo) at higher levels. Because the game isn’t going to be heavy populated everywhere and I don’t want to have to follow a zerg around in order to progress sometimes I like to run off the beaten track but still like action happening in the world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tyrindor.5049

Tyrindor.5049

1) Events should show up zone wide. Dynamic event hunting when you’ve done 100% map is boring. It’s too hard to find dynamic events at times, I want to see what’s going on in the zone at a glance.

2) Dungeon Tokens either need to be reduced, or rewarded in bigger numbers, or be universal so we can run any dungeon and then choose what armor to buy. Requiring 50+ exploration dungeon runs of the SAME dungeon is not going to keep people playing for longer, it’s going to make people quit sooner. I have no will to do 50+ runs of the same dungeon just for cosmetics.

3) There should of been more dedicated 80 zones, with giant epic events that you don’t see in lower level zones. I mean MASSIVE events, with epic boss fights at the end of them. Entire zone changing events. We could call them “RAID” zones, but they don’t require you to form a group, you just go there and all the events are massive, harder, take more time, and give better rewards. Dynamic event end game.

4) Allow us to change the loot key to something other than “interact”. Looting is annoying because you constantly talk to NPCs while looting.

(edited by Tyrindor.5049)

in Suggestions

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

Since there’s no suggestion section on the forums, it seems appropriate to post my little masterpiece here and while this is mostly aimed at developers, feel free to discuss the points made – this is the discussion forum after all.

1.Thou shalt increase player caps for maps, instead of shelling the same resources on overflow servers, that divide the playerbase.
Pretty self explanatory – I don’t see any reason why the overflow servers need to exist, as it needs just about as much resources to keep up as a normal non-overflow world. Unless, of course, there are arrangements made that Anet only pays for the overlow server’s load and only when it’s needed – yet is still divides us.

2.Thou shalt not make us run back and forth for 10 minutes, gathering truffles for pigs(etc.) with no opposition or fun.
There are a few boring hearts once in a while, that force you to do the same repetitive, boring task over and over to slowly fill the progress bar, such as the mentioned truffles for pigs and a certain Charr-area heart that has you do either do limited options and then wait 5 minutes for them to be reset or carry inexhaustible ale to an indefinitely thirsty soldier 10 feet in between each other maybe 50 times. One is semi-interesting, but limited and the other is a limitless grind – guess which one a player would end up taking.

3.Thou shalt make named NPCs useful.
Logan Thackeray, along with many other NPCs that are supposed to be big-time heroes, or at least important to the overall plot, tend to do nothing other then stand in one place, sending out a random ability every 5-10 seconds, doing nothing else – not even drawing aggro. Kind of feels like the player is the only person in the world that’s actually capable of achieving anything at all, aside from posing for screenshots.

4.Thou shalt make guild names fully visible on their placed banners.
A banner says “Enjoy our guild’s complementary service”, yet you don’t even know whom to thank for the boost. Sure, there’s a tag, but it doesn’t really say anything.

5.Thou shalt tweak combat mode, so that it ends after you don’t deal or are dealt damage within 10 seconds.
Quite often it becomes so, that the enemy had long forgotten I was even in proximity, but my health regen wouldn’t start up, neither would my combat-speed penalty get removed unless I went a good distance from the enemy’s spawn, no matter how long I’d wait, while the enemy would regenerate like nothing had ever happened. This poses an annoyance in normal gameplay and a serious issue in some jumping puzzles, where you can’t make a jump to reach the enemy that has you engaged in combat or run away far enough to negate the engagement.

…Symbol limit…

in Suggestions

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

6.Thou shalt not make exploration/traveling a pain in the kitten:

• Thou shalt make points of interest more visible.
    They tend to blend into their surroundings on the map.
  • Thou shalt not make skill point guardians that kill players 10 levels above them with appropriate gear and traits in 3 rapid ranged AoE shots.
    This was my old experience, my new one is where a 24-level mesmer SP guardian killed me (level 80 thief) before I even chipped away 10% of her health. I was using dodging, interruption and stealth as best I could, yet I couldn’t ever even hope to take her without support. In fact – I tend to have issues with just about every ranged SP guardian whose shots are either homing or instant.
  • Thou shalt make unexplored areas more noticeable.
    I have explored all of Human, Sylvari/Asura and Charr territories, yet in my achievements, it’s still said that I’m missing some patches of the map in each one of those territories. From the map view, zoomed in to the maximum amount, I checked each and every one of the areas carefully, yet still didn’t find anything I hadn’t explored.
  • Thou shalt make map exploration shared between characters on the same account.
    So, I explore everything with one character, and then the other’s completely bind to everything again? I don’t care if I sacrifice a bit of XP, I just don’t want to explore those PoIs, viewpoints and uncover the map once again with every new char that I make. Regathering SPs and hearts would be self explanatory, but everything else should be shared.
  • Thou shalt not spam the same mob with a different number over it’s head in multiple areas of the map.
    I fought grubs, centaurs and bandits in Queensdale, then the same ones with bigger (meaningless, because of how the game works) numbers over thier heads in Kessex, then more of the same in Gendarran and even more in Hatari. They didn’t even get a fancy prefix/suffix. Such reuse of creatures is staggering and was almost the thing to push me over the “never gonna play again” edge.
  • Thou shalt not make mobs that ensnare us while we’re traveling towards a specific point.
    Spiders, some flame legion troops, bandits, the Krait with spears, as well as their harpoon-guns, not to mention every kitten creature in Orr immobilizes, pulls, cripples, knocksdown or even turns to stone with their first attack, making getting somewhere a hassle. It’s even worse if you’re playing a squishy class like the thief or elementalist, since you die from 2-3 hits in places like Orr.

7.Thou shalt unleash mobs.
If a mob can’t get to you because of it’s leash to it’s spawn, it gains massive HP regen and heads back to it’s spawn – it’s purely frustrating. Surely it’s there to prevent someone hiding the map’s mobs, but there are other ways to prevent that, like having them return when they’re no longer in combat, instead of instantly breaking combat and sprinting back.

8.Thou shalt not make mobs invulnerable when they can’t path a way to you.
In case you find your self attacking a mob from a random rock and it can’t pathfind a way to you, it’ll go invincible and regen it’s HP to full. It’s far more frustrating then them just running back to their starting point while regenerating HP – regeneration may be overpowered, invincibility is just seemingly there to annoy the kitten out of people. And to think, this problem could be solved by just allowing them to jump onto low obstacles.

9.Thou shalt make Assassin’s Reward, as well as other healing-per-hit skills and abilities actually be useful.
One hundredth of your total health for 12 initiative is barely anything worthwhile for a tier II trait. I see no reason why the health gained couldn’t be boosted up a bit. Maybe in relation to your healing attribute?

10.Thou shalt remove spawncamping mobs and/or cost of respawn.
It’s bad enough we need to pay a travel-fee to get to a waypoint a dozen meters away if we happen to die for any reason, one of which may be a quick AFK to do something important in the real world, or even check the game’s wiki about something. It’s even worse that when we respawn after that, we may find a mob in hugging distance that instantly knocks us down and ravages us before we can get our bearings together. If not either removal of the respawn cost or forcing the mobs away from waypoints, then maybe an invincibility buff could be given, while standing right inside the waypoint circle?

And yes – I know of the swear-filter, so I just used the word it shifts swears into – kitten – to express displeasure. Maybe within a few months on the forums “kitten” will gain the same relation as an F-bomb in people’s minds. After all, it’s not the chain of sounds that’s unpleasant, it’s how we paint them to be. Replacing a word, does not replace the meaning.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShadowXion.6095

ShadowXion.6095

I only have one at the moment, and that is the cost of waypoint travel. After lv30 it gets ridiculous to go anywhere. Cost should be based on distance, not your current level. Just because I’m a higher level then when I started doesn’t mean I have more coin to burn, usually it’s quite the opposite.

in Suggestions

Posted by: coffeemancer.2450

coffeemancer.2450

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Show-your-Support-for-the-Title-Screen/57172

“The old launcher was always intended to be a placeholder for such time that we could get a full-featured launcher on which the team could include news and information. There are no plans to go back to the old launcher.”

This is ridiculous. You had a WORKING OPTION. There is no “going back” since both existed at the same time. You can still have your fancy launcher and at the same time let people search for the obscure code to use the old launcher. What is with this aversion to options?

Let’s not forget that GW1 had a full-featured title screen that also showed news and information.

Please reconsider this, as well as face-to-face trading and CoD mail.

Video games have title screens. Please give us back the GW2 title screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I would like to know why this thread was pinned & mine was closed and I was told to hold off & wait for a suggestions sub forum!

Because it’s probably more efficient to have one thread that everyone can see while they work on their new suggestion feature. I don’t think they meant to punish you specifically :P

My Post was meant to be just the same as this one and was quite a bit longer the OP’s thread.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ultimate-List-of-suggestions-improvements-thread/first#post53639

in Suggestions

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

Deeper personal Character advancement in WvW.

Including but not limited to, Titles that other realms can see, different skins personal Titles, etc.

Just like PvE has a star next to there name when they get 100% or you have 8 different types of exotic dungeon gear, WvW needs something beside the badges and the event titles as a progression method.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tahj.3759

Tahj.3759

Forum suggestions: Add up and down votes to player replies, and maybe hide replies that get too many down votes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bandersnatch.3610

Bandersnatch.3610

first thing I’d like to see go is the scaling system. It’s utterly stupid. If i’m level 32, a friend of the same level and I should be able to take on a level 28 champion mob fairly easily, instead of getting the floor mopped with us. This, to me is the biggest thing wrong with GW2 and needs to be fixed pronto.

Second is they need to balance out the exp gained from killed mobs. It’s way too low. I’m not saying increase it so significantly as to make it the best form of leveling, but right now, there’s not even a point in fighting. You gain EXP faster by gathering than you do by fighting. That, to me just isn’t right. I understand the GW Dev team’s whole thing against grinding, but killing mobs shouldn’t yeild such terrible exp as it does now. Right now, we’re being forced to run around the maps looking for events because those yield the most EXP? But we should be able to earn exp from mobs as an option too. With how little exp we get from mobs, killing just isn’t an option.

Third, there should be WoW-like raid instances for PvE’ers. Raids are one of the biggest attractions to WoW players and MMO players in general and GW1 had raid-like instances at every level with the story events, but GW2 is just one big “run around and look at the artistic detail we put into the world”. Sorry ArenaNet, but I’m not playing the game for the artwork, I want more gameplay from my supposed “Massive” Multiplayer Online game. The game just feels like the kind of game I would play on my consoles for a couple weeks and then forget about because there’s not much to do.

The game has the potential to be a WoW-killer.. the mechanics are all there, but the content is just lacking and there’s too many imbalances right now.

But please for the love of god, get rid of the scaling system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

makde dungeons fun not chore to colect milion tokens to grind as hell

in Suggestions

coffeemancer.2450

I’d like to add that legitimate threads are already being infracted and deleted by Anet based on some pretty rigid “user agreements” (read: click accept or gtfo). The last thing we need is the user-base censoring itself and ganging up on people based on group-think and bandwagoning hysteria.

in Suggestions

Posted by: paultimate.8790

paultimate.8790

• Allow a keybind for looting it is beyond annoying, even with the new priority system, to try looting 5+ foes after or during a wave and get akittenNPC asking me “whats up!”
  • Badges need to be currency and automatically assigned by damage done to a foe. 50% damage = 50% badge allotment to a min of 10% or something. (Thats not impossible at all to do, this is a game, its made of code, something like this is not part of the core)
  • Lessen the number of abilities that force a player to be ‘stuck’ in one place. Often these abilities make it incredibly frustrating in normal PvE and mostly PvP. At least reduce the root effects timeframe. Symbol of Wrath is one of them. I understand it needs to root somewhat, but I think the duration is just too long before I can move again. Its fine 90% of the time, but the last 10% is highly annoying and Im at a huge disadvantage in PvP sitting getting hit unable to dodge or anything else. Im fully vulnerable and punish just because I wanted to use a skill.
  • The TP needs major work on fluidity and ease of use. Much of how it works right now is round-about and a chore. The fact that it works at all is blinding many to its many faults, as they are glad they can even use it.
  • STOP TP DEFAULTING ON SELL TO LOWEST BUYER. SET IT SO IT ISNT SELECTING ANYTHINGkitten/strong>

(edited by paultimate.8790)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Provieh.9782

Provieh.9782

We really miss the /resign command from GW1! Just had two people disconnect from our team in the middle of a tournament and had to painfully wait out a 3v5. Would be great to have it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Some kind of LFG matching system. Honestly, I don’t understand the people who disagree with this feature but most modern MMOs have this and it makes it quite convenient to get into a group without having to waste time standing in front of a dungeon’s entrance and spam “LFM for [dungeon]”, especially during times of the day where not many people are playing in that same zone. I hate doing that, especially since there’s no world-wide chat, which obviously limits my advertisement to run a dungeon.

Or at the very least add a world-wide LFG chat of some sorts … hopefully, it would be used for LFG requests instead of off-topic general chat.

Now, I’ve heard a bunch of disputes around the dungeon matchmaking feature and I could spend all day intelligently debating, refuting, and arguing about it, but I’ll save that for another thread. For now, that’s my #1 suggestion at this time! I’ll add some more when I can think of them.

Thanks!

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

Great thread! Here are a few of mine (some are repeats):

1. Previews on trading post — items with the same icon don’t always look the same, and it is hard to imagine how a dye will look based on a tiny swatch. Looks are important in this game!

2. Armor weight filer on trading post — I don’t like to wade through gear results where I cannot use 2/3 of the items, it is a waste of time and makes it harder to choose what to buy.

3. Mini Pets — make them STAY out when you use them, until you put them away! Having to frequently re-summon my minipet gets tiring, and I usually wind up forgetting about it after a couple times. Also, the ability to name then would be great. I bet these things would make them more popular. Considering how cheap they can be on the TP, I hardly see them at all except in cities!

4. More useful helper NPC’s, or easier story quests to compensate for their uselessness. Having played a recent title with prominent “helper” npc’s, I am probably spoiled, but when Logan just stands there for several seconds while 4 mobs (including a really strong one!) run after my squishy self, I can’t help but think there is something wrong with the scenario.

5. Tailor map completion rewards to the player’s class — I have gotten weapons that I cannot use, it seems silly.

6. Let us turn off character dialogue — at least outside of cut scenes. It can be annoying for various reasons (don’t like the voice, want to play two of the same gender/race but the voice being the same bothers you, don’t like what your character says, think your character just talks too much, etc).

(edited by Passiflora.2047)

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkoracle.6483

darkoracle.6483

Add dmg/toughness scaling from gear to minions, turrets, spirit weapons and elementals, please. My only big issue, and its driving me nuts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katie Feathermoore.5031

Katie Feathermoore.5031

Remove/Severely reduce waypoint costs, it kills the games social aspect which is everything for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: oryza.5039

oryza.5039

The FOV needs to be increased to at least 75 degrees horizontal.

in Suggestions

coffeemancer.2450

Remove/Severely reduce waypoint costs, it kills the games social aspect which is everything for me.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think there are already plenty of gold sinks without having transport costs. I’m only lvl 46 and WPing across just a couple maps already costs silver pieces.

I ran a dungeon and all of the profit I made from it was burned trying to keep up with guildies and meet up with people / attend events, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyniea.2054

Vyniea.2054

I suggest UI Elements Fading

What I mean by that is having parts of the UI fade out when you don’t actually need it.

For instance hide the skillbar and healthbar when out of combat, the chat when nobody’s talking, that kind of thing.

The game is MUCH more immersive without the UI but it’s kinda unplayable if you remove it because it doesn’t come back automatically, so you have to toggle it on/off all the time, and anyway it hides the mini-map which is kinda useful.

We could also have a tab in the option to customize what we want to fade when unused or just hide permanently (for UI elements that are always used, like the minimap) .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Melon.8410

Melon.8410

Access to more detailed info for each member
Infromation such as “Last Login”, “Join Date”, “Last Rank Change Date”, “Influence Contribution”, etc. should be somehow publicly available to guild members.

-Split up the “Admin Lower Ranks” permission into “Invite Members”, “Kick Members”, “Change Ranks of Lower Members”

-Make the message of the day field retain the previous message when the text editor is brought up

I would put adding “Last Login” and “Influence Contribution” fields and splitting up the “Admin Lower Ranks” as highest priority in terms of aiding successful guild management.

PLEASE, THESE. Especially splitting up Admin Lower Ranks. These are suggestions you probably don’t hear very often because not everyone is a guild leader, but I think it’s very important that Admin Lower Ranks is split up into separate permissions so that invite rights can be given without also giving promotion/kick rights. And it would be really nice to be able to see how much influence each person is contributing, rather than it just saying “Members completed X activities for Y influence.”

I kind of disagree on some of the things in this post like muting other people, but I agree on basically everything that I left in the quote.

Some non-guild related things:
- Eventually, I’d like to see something (maybe in the gem shop) that allows you to redo your character’s appearance. Basically something that brings you back to the character creation screen. Girls are suckers for this kind of thing because we like to change our hairstyles and stuff often, and I’m sure it will make you a lot of money.
- Too much butter everywhere. ):
- I’d like to see duels implemented, as they’re good for pvp practice.

(edited by Melon.8410)

in Suggestions

Posted by: FadeXF.5460

FadeXF.5460

I would like to suggest the following:

→ Dungeon Finder: I understand that PVE is not the prime focus in this game however that being said it is increasingly annoying to have to stop whatever the group is doing to have someone run to the start of the instance and spam to get someone else… wipe again… have someone else leave group… rinse, repeat. This is not a fun experience. I don’t mind wiping. I don’t even mind wiping 3-4 times. I do mind the trek back and forth to get another player when someone leaves the group.

→ Leveling: I feel that nowadays 2-3 days played, or roughly 50 to 78 hours of play time is plenty of time to take from someone to reach max level. I appreciate that I am new to this game… however I am not brand new to the leveling experience. 41 levels in and probably about 50 to 70 hours invested I am already starting to burn out on just my first character. Part of the issue isn’t just the necessary time investment per level, but also the sporadically placed leveling hubs. I eat +xp food, use +xp tokens when I can, I have tried PVP, I focus on gathering when I see things, doing my class quests always until I am 2-4 levels below recommended completion… kill things from point A to point B, and ALWAYS hit up zone/group events whenever they are up.

What else is making the leveling experience feel more grindy than fun? As mentioned: sporadic quest hubs with only 1 hub per level per map (Level 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 up to 50… all 1 quest hub per level), events that bug out or cannot start them, events sometimes feel very similar in nature, quest hubs often feel very similar in nature, too much of the exact same activity repeated constantly… same skills/spells… even after weapon swapping to try to generate a different feel, it still isn’t enough.

→Dungeons: they are pretty difficult. I don’t know if this was intended or they just aren’t properly balanced or just everyone is so new to the game but explore modes are INSANELY hard with no proper healer. I think you guys need to look at the raw data and make your own decisions on this one. Maybe this will change when you do and see how many groups are succeeding or failing.

→ UI: I would love to see some modding allowed to adjust a lot of the settings. ESPECIALLY the auction house. For some reason it looks really terrible on my screen… all disjointed and ugly… the lettering is off for it. And filtering in there is <shiver> fantastic.

→ Macros: I would love to see some macro usage in the game.

That’s it for now. Don’t get me wrong here, guys… I think the game is very well polished and amazing. I do enjoy playing. I can’t wait to see where you take it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pixel Seven.5472

Pixel Seven.5472

Make the trail of dots on map, if traveling on water appear as blue dots. Makes it easier to get back to jumping puzzles knowing that you had to pass by some water on certain points.

Server: Desolation
Aliases: Nukkavieru, Äpärä, Vahinkolapsi, Nirpp

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

The thing that is at the top of my list is the repetitive NPC speech. Spending 15 or 20 minutes in the bank in Lion’s Arch having to listen to that surly charr banker is maddening. Unfortunately, just a check box to disable NPC speech wouldn’t be the best solution, because I find the random conversations add to the feel of the game. I don’t have the solution, only the problem. I don’t know, maybe you only hear the voiced reply when you interact with an NPC instead of hearing it every time someone else interacts with it.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

coffeemancer.2450

Why do you want to see influence contribution? You’re aware it’s going to turn into a nother faction-farming craze, aren’t you?

in Suggestions

Posted by: andiratyme.2634

andiratyme.2634

This is a feature from GW1 my husband and I would love to see added. Can’t tell you how many times we’ve killed the last enemy in our personal stories and lost out on loot because the dialogue popped up. Then when the dialogue is gone so are the bodies. Please add the option when you leave the instance a pop-up box of some type appears with the loot you missed or if this isn’t possible, the bodies stick around a little longer so they can actually be looted before disappearing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xenigma.4305

Xenigma.4305

I’ll throw in some things I’d like to see:

• A Suggestion Forum! – I loved the suggestion forum in beta, why not have one now? Gives players an easy venue to express their ideas and show support for suggestions they like.
  • Improve the Home Instance – While I admittedly haven’t finished the personal story yet, it appears it is only really used for early level quests and the only changes that occur are the addition of a small handful of NPCs. I’d love to see it become a more attractive venue for players. Add trophies, add formal player housing, add something, because right now there is almost no reason for players to visit than for a tiny amount of nostalgia.
  • Improve helper NPCs in Personal Story quests – It seems missions with NPCs helping you are tuned to have fights that require those people, but they are often quite fragile, and once they fall your own death will usually follow. Not only that, but you’ll typically need to restart in such a situation since they don’t respawn like you do, and chances are you won’t be able to revive them. It’s needlessly frustrating, and something that could be easily fixed with a health buff or something along those lines.
  • Allow free waypoint travel to a city from anywhere – This is a small one I’ve seen before, but it could make a world of difference at end-game. It gives players incentive to visit cities more often, while maintaining the gold sink since players still need to pay to get to areas for questing.
  • Chat with Multiple Guilds – Another simple one: allow us to see multiple guild chat channels. Maybe have a checkbox by the represent option on each guild, with guilds showing up as [<guildname>] and defining chat channels beyond the guild you’re representing as /g1, /g2, etc. It’s nice to be able to be part of multiple guilds, but if I can only ever tell what one is doing, what is the point?
  • Make Cultural T3/Order Equipment Exotics – You want to make end-game equipment and skins expensive? Fine, I can deal with that. All I ask is that if I commit to grinding for one of these sets, it’s exotic so it is competitive with other grind-intensive end-game equipment. If we want to transmute for specific stat bonuses, that’s on us, but don’t force us to transmute just because we want to work for Cultural/Order gear over dungeon gear, Orr gear, etc.

There’s plenty more to say, but this will do for now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ancher.5436

Ancher.5436

Im bringing this up because i seem to spending to much on traveling. Here’s some examples why i believe its too exspensive to travel.

-I go to SPvP or WvW for a while, ending up in Lions Arch when done, and have to spend a little over 3s to get back to cursed shore or another high lvl place.

-I do my personal story and it tells me to talk with somebody in Fort Trinity, which cost about 1-2s then i have to travel to a new place where the story is. So im ending up speding the reward i just got from the story quest.

-Im trying to find more members to do a dungeon, i gotta travel to a high lvl location so i can search for players via the “map” chat. Thats 6s, (back and forth) and the dungeon might fail ending up costing much in repairs as well, with no end reward.

A high lvl event almost gives 2s. Maybe events should just give more and travel stay as it is?

What do you think? Is it fair enough prices?

in Suggestions

Posted by: QueLights.7854

QueLights.7854

Just scanning through, I think most of the concerns I had have been covered. My only suggestion left is an extra socket next to the skill bar for a food item, boosts, or tonics.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zerchi.1768

Zerchi.1768

Give us the option to buy cultural armor (not just weapons) with karma!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rholar.9082

Rholar.9082

I have a small list of thing that would be cool to have in the game

1. Guild capes should be brought back from the last game. Nothing like running around with a unique cape. (The guild armor isn’t that great in my opinion)

2. Guild halls should be brought back. With the new cannons and stuff it would be cool to storm someones guild castle or protect your own.

3. A quiver as an option for the armor back slot. (The animation is already there of the character taking an arrow out of the quiver why not actually make a quiver?)

4. Better targeting system. My character often switches targets or stops attacking when i turn the camera to look at something else and this is annoying because my character will start shooting at a mob that i wasn’t even fighting. Also the auto targeting often targets enemies extremely far away and not enemies that are closer. So my pet runs off and attacks the wrong target. (so maybe enemies closer in range have a higher auto-targeting chance then ones far way)

5. Tailoring can make town clothes or a place to buy different town clothes.

6. Auto switch to town clothes

7. Better drop rates for crafting items or at least some enemies drop more than one item. Lets say you kill a spider and get two venom sacs instead of one.

8. Place to get a haircut/ dye your hair

9. Get rid of Invulnerable and just give bots that can’t get to you health regen.

10. Bots tend to stand in one place alot. Sort of ruins the feel seeing 20+ bears standing around doing nothing.

11. Add a trading post in Hoelbrok and other main cities.

12. More enemy variations. Most enemies (trolls, scales, etc.) look exactly the same just different colors. Maybe add some spikes or something to scales of different regions Make them more unique.

13. Bring back the Zaishen Menagerie or something of equal value. Something about being able to switch between 50 different pets on will feels weird.

14. Add some armor for the pets. Like maybe a collar or something. Nothing to big just to change the stats.

15. Pets like to wander off extremely far distances and drag enemies, so maybe shorting their strolling distance.

16. Mini-pets should not take up a bag space. They should have their own slot underneath the accessories and rings slot in the hero panel.

17. A looking for group party search thing.

18. Be able to make alliances with guilds. Maybe a rival system as well?

19. This has been said but WAYPOINTS cost less money and you get free revival for the nearest way point. Nothing like dying, having to pay to revive then having to pay to get your gear repaired. It sucks.

20. The tanks and motorcycles that you see in orr (the charr ones) should be put into WvW.

21. I know there shouldn’t be mounts in PvE because of all the waypoints but WvW would be cool to have some mounts (I don’t know if this would work in this game i just like riding on dragons and sheet.)

22. Bigger enemies! Nothing like taking down a group of giant elephants. (all the enemies are human sized.) There are no big enemies besides the Gigantic enemies like dragons and giants. What i am saying is there are no ,well elephant sized enemies. (I like killing big things)

(edited by Rholar.9082)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

I wanted to avoid repetition, but maybe the more people who say it the better:
Waypoint costs are prohibitive.
Hair accessories should be able to be dyed.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Waypoint costs, should depend on the zone you are currently in not player level. It is annoying when you are playing with someone 20 levels lower than you and you have to explain to them that you’d rather walk in the lower level zones.

Simply because afaik the event rewards at least in terms of money on low level zones do not scale well enough to even cover quick travel costs at the late end of the leveling curve.

I have no problem with waypoint costs in general though.

Secondly please add XP announcing, not important but the absence of it feels strange.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dogmeow.3765

dogmeow.3765

I was sitting here thinking to myself while my account is disabled temporarily for someone trying to access it.

How hard would it be to create an executable application, that would allow you to play offline. So you have access to the game but this second executable would allow for single player mode only within the game.

Before you throw down your nerdrage hammers people, let me explain why.

If you are in a queue of, 12-30 thousand, you are going to potentially wait for days if not weeks. In this time, if its a blocked and not banned/suspended account you could be playing your offline character. The game is doable as a 1-80 storyline questline kind of game, and within this, you are entertained, I would bet also, people would be much more patient, because they could in this time, be playing a different toon, maybe one they will want to create with their online account once it’s back.

Think about it, I am sure its not too difficult to have the game ping the persons own network like the game pings your servers.

- Meow

in Suggestions

Posted by: senNish.1089

senNish.1089

My suggestions are really more like questions. Questions that have to do primarily with bound items, soulbound and accountbound.

Why are dungeon tokens soulbound but WvW badges are accountbound?
Why are siege blueprints soulbound instead of accountbound?
Why are resource tools soulbound instead of accountbound, especially tools obtained through black lion chests?

These are important because it opens up how people are allowed to play your game. Currently someone can play WvW on any character and earn badges they can spend on that character or any other character they have. PvE dungeon divers can’t do that, they can’t gear the profession that they want unless they drag that specific character through a dungeon.

Siege blueprints should be a no-brainer. If I wanted to I could send gold to my alt to buy another set of blueprints, but I can’t play both at the same time, so why have that kind of barrier anyway.

Tools now don;t make sense, at least the ones from black lion chests, I could open one on a level 10 alt but it would be useless until I start seeing high level ores, which might not happen very quickly on an alt. I should be able to send those tools to a higher level character to make use of them how and when I want to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

I have 2 suggestions both of which are minor things which if changed will have a major impact on gameplay experience especially in PvP.

1. Add an option to remove skill queing- I’m one of those hotkey mashers who are willing to put up with the inconvenience of having to mash our hotkeys in order to have more control. Split second decisions in PvP are oftentimes necessary and the queing system conflicts with that.

2. (a) Don’t put skills on cooldown if you interrupt your own skill mid-animation without effect- If I interrupt a skill mid-animation with a dodge roll, the skill incurs a very large cooldown (not the full cooldown, but large enough to have a major impact). The skill should obviously undergo the full cooldown if the skill actually had an effect before the interruption took place. However, if the skill is interrupted shortly after the animation start and the skill is not allowed to have any effect then that skill should not incur a cooldown, or have a much shorter cooldown.

(b) Skills should go on full cooldown if interrupted by an opposing player- Converse to the above suggestion, skills should undergo the full cooldown if an opposing player interrupted your skill (as opposed to you yourself interrupting it). The player interrupting the skill blew a cooldown trying to interrupt your key ability, you should not be able to reuse that ability shortly thereafter.

(edited by Geff.1930)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marsh.7214

Marsh.7214

It would be AMAZING if there could be a voice pitch option (or just different voice options) when creating a character. My main annoyance is that my female Norn has basically maxed out Charisma (her description is Captivating) and yet she sounds like a man, or a better description would be that she sounds like Mulan when she was pretending to be a man. Some Charr NPCs even sound more feminine than my Norn, which is mind boggling in and of itself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paragus.5948

Paragus.5948

Allow rangers to put their pets away until specifically wanted. I turn my off for jumping puzzles cause hes in the way, then i take fall damage and hes back out, then i need to wait 10 seconds, then put him away again, then repeat. very annoying. Also some boss fights the pet can be a problem where Id rather not have him out.

Paragus Rants
MMORPG.com Featured Blog Writer
Co-Leader of Inquisition (Jade Quarry)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

I’ve got three suggestions:

Account for the mist detour in waypoint prices. Because you know people will be using it to save coin, especially with how expensive waypoints get at higher levels. Note: I probably won’t reply to that thread on GW2guru any more.

Let us deliver items from the trading post pick up section directly to our storage. That way we can do crafting without having to go back and forth between the trading post and crafting station while crafting. Especially for the crafting stations out in the wild, far from and trading post.

The third is to let us see all buy and sell orders in the same window, and make that window accessible from the buy now, place a buy order and place a sell order screens. Lets compare this with the Eve Online market. I want to see an equivalent to this window.
Now for the equivalents to what we see now:
This is all we see when selling
This is what we get when placing a buy order
This is what we get when buying instantly

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rimax.3470

Rimax.3470

They need to make the Tab feature a bit better it always targets mobs so far and not the nearest one please fix this it’s so frustrating!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ouspensky.5248

Ouspensky.5248

What needs to be addressed first:

Game optimization. As it stands now the graphics engine is a joke and completely borked.

Face to face trading. Why this wasn’t in the release despite tons of people asking for it during beta astounds me.

Preview option on the TP. A lot of people buy armor to collect skins. Again, why this option wasn’t in the release astounds me.

Dungeon finder. Find a group for a level 30 dungeon which is in a level 1-15 zone is beyond aggravating.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Araditus.1526

Araditus.1526

Can we put more than 1 copy of an item in the PVP Lockers? I would like to keep 2 of my Gear Axes or etc, i dont want to have 1 in the locker and 1 taking up a bank slot I am confused? Or am I missing an option?

And I will probably get alot of flame for this next one….

Get rid of downed state in Hot Join sPvP, tournements I guess, but I would like to see it gone there too. Here is why:

I play a pistol,dagger theif, not the most damage but alot of control and predictable events. I play it very well in my opinion. When I decide to defend a node lets say 2 warriors and another thief come to take it, lets say I down the thief and a warrior first, obviously I cant CC myself for 15 seconds trying to down them, so I ignore them and go for the 3rd enemy. BUT WAIT! I fail becuase the two fools that I outplayed are on the ground throwing rocks!!! And when I’m finally downed guess what!
THEY RALLY!!!!

All I’m saying is I wish I was rewarded for better play and outplaying people.

Please don’t respond with, well dont be on your own!! I say to you, I did a 3v1………….. I obviously dont need that much help…………….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

Loving the game! All of it! Two suggestions though…

Trading post: Add a filter for armor type. Light, medium, heavy.

Cosmetic: Dye weapons! I want to dye my weapons to match my armor!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slcrisis.6930

Slcrisis.6930

Would love to see Officer/Admin chat for guilds and guild notes.

Show messages for when guild members come online

Give us a function to create chat channels

Already been said but for the love of god add preview option for trading post

Guild Armor is so disappointing right now, big empty space on chest where the emblem goes is a bit ugly, design could be a lot better, maybe give us the option to design where our emblem goes on our armor with size/opacity adjustments etc. Add more alternatives to capes if they won’t be implemented, arm bands, one shouldered drape thingies (like in Aion), sashes etc backpacks just look weird in battle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Would it be possible for hair accessories to change to the dye colors of our current helm?

At the moment they cannot be recolored at all, and it seems a bit much to have to pay for a character makeover once they are introduced just to have my hair ribbon match my armor.

(By hair accessories, I mean hairstyles with built-in objects like this: )

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Need more town clothes, and not only noble-esque ones, but also more common and cheap ones. NPCs have a lot of variety on this, can’t we get access to the same clothes? It’s a bit weird that my human is a street rat who dresses exquisitely.

And please make them fit the game’s setting. No jeans please.

(edited by Eochaidh.4106)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

I was sitting here thinking to myself while my account is disabled temporarily for someone trying to access it.

How hard would it be to create an executable application, that would allow you to play offline. So you have access to the game but this second executable would allow for single player mode only within the game.

Before you throw down your nerdrage hammers people, let me explain why.

If you are in a queue of, 12-30 thousand, you are going to potentially wait for days if not weeks. In this time, if its a blocked and not banned/suspended account you could be playing your offline character. The game is doable as a 1-80 storyline questline kind of game, and within this, you are entertained, I would bet also, people would be much more patient, because they could in this time, be playing a different toon, maybe one they will want to create with their online account once it’s back.

Think about it, I am sure its not too difficult to have the game ping the persons own network like the game pings your servers.

- Meow

You make it sound like something so simple, but it is absurdly complex. You would have to change the hard-coded areas of the game and bring a lot of server-side content to the client. And don’t get me started on the potential for abuse, as everything client-side ends up getting exploited sooner or later. It just can’t happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bogartan.2756

Bogartan.2756

My suggestions:

• 1st-person view (I play Norn, and he’s difficult to see around for jumping puzzles)
  • Ability to separate chat windows (I’d like to have a separate window for /W & /G)
    and

more cowbell

Sorrow’s Furnace
{SN} Sentimental Nightmares
Darsveth, Warrior – Dexter Oliver, Thief