Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sialor.7396

Sialor.7396

Hi, couple suggestions I don’t think were presented:

Can you please allow chat logging (i.e. saving the chat to a text file)? Some NPCs tend to have long conversations and this would save me trouble taking screenshots every so often. Not to mention I wouldn’t need to transcribe it.
And secondly, would it be possible to disable system messages in chat like “screenshot #### taken”? We have checkboxes for /say, /map, /guild and so on but not for this, I don’t think we need to see this in every single chat panel.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragonlord.6748

Dragonlord.6748

Takes too long to read through 250+ posts to see if this has been posted.

I would like an option to turn off all the hint/tutorial popup windows.
They are a pain in the rear and are only in my way.

I dont need to be told every time something happens with my character, especially not when I have done it several times before, I want to figure things out for myself.

Allow me to turn off all hints/tutorial windows, leave it as an option for those who want it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strom.4192

Strom.4192

I’d like to see some sort of way to change the appearance of my character after creation. Like a barber shop, or a re customization. A tome on the gem store for like 250 to 600 gems would be a fair price and i’d probably use them every few weeks or so. I love the game so far I think that you’ve done much more at launch than what most games strive for after their first expansion pack. Thanks Arena net.

Also re naming, and changing race if need be, separate prices makes sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zzerlos.8412

Zzerlos.8412

Please allow us to hide, filter or remove forum moderation posts from the dev tracker.

in Suggestions

Posted by: serena smith.2734

serena smith.2734

OMG please add the one previewing armors and weps from the trading post!

When the wind is so strong that you almost can hear a whisper calling your name..
This is your calling, to The battle of your life.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deveon.7385

Deveon.7385

AoE Line of Sight
Attacks through doors of keep is a rather sensitive topic. There are arguments to keep it as it is mainly because it creates one aspect of strategy…

But I suggest giving all AoEs a line of sight, can differ depending on AoE for what makes sense but essentially getting shot by AoEs through walls, trees, doors and floors doesn’t make any sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

One suggestion I would like to put forward concerning the Black Lion Trade Post:

Please make it impossible to sell items to the Trade Post from just about anywhere, because it’s killing the economy.

Because it is possible to put any loot you find up for sale on the Trade Post from anywhere in the world, this is becoming a preferred method for some players to not run out of bag space. I believe this is bad for the game economy, because it severely lowers the value of such items in the game. In effect, this results in such a high level of inflation that items (especially blue and green equipment) lose their value.

In my opinion the problem consists of the following parts:

1. No non-junk items ever get sold to NPC merchants (which removes them from the economy), which results in a massive oversupply of equipment items on the tradepost.

2. Selling on the Trade Post at minimum price results in less money earned than selling the item to an NPC merchant, but for many players this outweighs the inconvenience of locating an NPC merchant and travelling towards it.

3. Because items can remain up for sale on the Trade Post indefinitely, and because there is no limit to the number of active items up for sale, players experience no penalty for overloading the Trade Post with useless items, even those that never sell.
(These players are most likely the same as those who complain about the gold cost of armour repairs and waypoint travel, because they are low on cash due to their items never selling.)

4. Meanwhile, players looking for equipment can buy optimal pieces for their level at bargain prices on the Trade Post, and have the option of putting any equipment they find (and therefore no longer need) up for sale on the Trade Post at minimum price, resulting in a vicious cycle of inflation.

In conclusion, I believe it is far too easy for players to sell their items on the Trade Post compared to selling to NPC merchants, and they should either be encouraged more to sell equipment to NPC merchants and to salvage items, or discouraged from using the Trade Post under any and all circumstances whenever their bags are full.

In my opinion, removing sell access to the Trade Post when not near a Black Lion Representative NPC would contribute to solving this issue. Additionally, it would add value to the Gem Shop item that allows a player to summon a Black Lion Representative NPC.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Replect.3407

Replect.3407

Improve event scaling
Most of the events are getting no-brainers with too many players around.
That means, being in those events, you are actually have to be happy to get damage of the encounter(s) with that many players around!
I’ve been in boss fights (even in big ones like against the Shatterer) without taking any damage at all! Not because I was playing well, I wasn’t dodging or moving around, nor using defensive skills… For example, I stood at the foot of the Shatterer for 15 minutes until it died without doing anything than spamming my 1 and 2 skills of my warrior greatsword, taking no damage at all!

So, it’s not about having a big challenge all the time, but events with a lot of players are just zerg fests without any tactic involved, not at all!
Yeah, they are probably still fun for a few times (well, my experience with the Shatterer wasn’t fun, I was shocked!), but that won’t last for long!

(edited by Replect.3407)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TigerWolf.1640

TigerWolf.1640

Suggestion:

Have items in invisible bags not show up in trading post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mkl.2183

mkl.2183

Due to acquiring a decent name for a character seems to be rather hard due most of the names being reserved (imagine what the situation will be like in a year), one of the following would be nice.

• Names – Allow names to be used for multiple characters provided that they’re on the same account.
  • Names – Allow the use of social/forum nicknames in-game.
  • Names – Allow an account’s names to be swapped around between characters (as mains do change)

(edited by mkl.2183)

in Suggestions

Posted by: wakko.5248

wakko.5248

Improve event scaling
Most of the events are getting no-brainers with too many players around.
That means, being in those events, you are actually have to be happy to get damage of the encounter(s) with that many players around!
I’ve been in boss fights (even in big ones like against the Shatterer) without taking any damage at all! Not because I was playing well, I wasn’t dodging or moving around, nor using defensive skills… For example, I stood at the foot of the Shatterer for 15 minutes until it died without doing anything than spamming my 1 and 2 skills of my warrior greatsword, taking no damage at all!

So, it’s not about having a big challenge all the time, but events with a lot of players are just zerg fests without any tactic involved, not at all!
Yeah, they are probably still fun for a few times (well, my experience with the Shatterer wasn’t fun, I was shocked!), but that won’t last for long!

I agree with this, events needs to be harder when there is plenty of people around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Docmandu.2914

Docmandu.2914

Allow guilds that claimed a keep to temporary lock down the supply depot inside until it reaches a certain threshold. All too often, supplies get instantly used up because people prefer building their own siege instantly versus running towards a supply depot (no matter if it’s to the detrimental effect of the server… ie self benefit vs group benefit). Especially since upgrading keeps takes a certain amount of supply in the keep before it can be scheduled.

Or allow a guild to buy the upgrade even if there’s not 100 in the supply.. which will then lock the depot until the upgrade can be started.. so as long as the depot doesn’t reach 100, nobody can take out of it and once the 100 is reached, the upgrade will remove 100 and start the upgrade.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brannoncyll.1978

Brannoncyll.1978

- If not already fixed, please fix the loot scaling on jumping puzzle chests. The puzzles are fun but become pointless when you have out-levelled a zone.

- Please allow us to add ‘favourite’ tags to gear in the inventory so that we can quickly pick out our favourite weapon choices on the hero tab. It will also reduce the likelihood of us accidentally selling/salvaging these items. Perhaps add a check when we attempt to sell/salvage a favourite item.

- Please allow us to create a mail as a right-click option on player names in the chat window. This will facilitate easier donations in WvW.

-(edit 1): Please display all currently active dynamic events for all explored regions of zones on the world map. I really enjoy doing DE’s but finding them relies too much on luck – you end up spending ages running around fruitlessly trying to find an event to participate in.

(edited by Brannoncyll.1978)

in Suggestions

Posted by: kaesebrezen.3104

kaesebrezen.3104

Engineer Kits:
- Instead of a weapon swap button Engineers do only have drop bundle button
- When equipping a bundle, the quickslot used for it changes into a “stow X kit” button.
- This makes the drop bundle button on the ^-key kind of pointless

So my suggestion is:
- Instead of a stow X kit button, replace the equip kit skill with another on use skill when the kit is equipped.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Starkness.5274

Starkness.5274

Up the maximum draw distance substantially

in Suggestions

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

Since I was just commenting on jumping puzzles…my suggestion is to reward the chests like the daily achievements. Some of the chests are easy to miss, this would take care of it since you’d get it upon completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: derLoko.2185

derLoko.2185

Please fix broken prices for Cultural Armor

It seems impossible to earn enough Karma to buy a lvl40 or lvl60 set without completely outleveling that set…

in Suggestions

Posted by: juanticimo.2640

juanticimo.2640

I would love to see Preview in the Trading post.

Another great change would be Game Controller support via Anet as apposed to third party support. I know you guys are busy. Maybe some day though =P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenooble.5014

Chickenooble.5014

The Guild Wars 2 website needs to have an Armory available so we can see key stats for our guilds, home worlds and characters.

Home World Ranking Page
- There needs to be a ladder so we can see the current standing of the different home worlds. The ladder would show the ranking of home worlds. At the top of the ladder you should see the most competitive home worlds, and they should be grouped by their current battle grouping. If the user clicks on a WvWvW match, they’ll see a summary of the match in the window: How long has it been going, score, pie chart, captures, etc.
- Home worlds should have historical information tracked and graphed. We should be able to see how a specific home world has risen or fallen over the course of a period of time. I think this would be enjoyable to see how, from match to match, which home worlds climbed the ladders and which fell. This could be easily represented on a linear chart, where along the bottom you have weeks, and the side you’d have positions. A home world can be tracked this way. Also, users should be able to toggle some home worlds on and off.
- Home World statistics would be nice to see on a website; approximate population, peak times, etc.

Character/Display Name Page
- Implement a Blizzard-styled ‘Armory’ where players can show off their achievements, feeds, stats, gear, builds, skills, and whatever else.

Guild Page
- Display guild roster
- Display upgrades, guild messages, etc.
- Enable additional features if the GW2 account is logged into the website, such as a discussion forum and guild bank management.

Some features that I think should be implemented in game…
- Some sigils increase magic find, burn duration and other stats by a percentage, but there is no where which tells us the hard number that’s being augmented. All these obscure values should be visible to the player via a ‘details’ window, like in Diablo 3. Hidden for most people, but crucial information is still there for those who want it.
- Allow players to view the profile of other players.
- Allow face-to-face trading or collect-on-acquisition for trading items.
- Allow players to send themselves gear, gold and gems.
- Make joining dungeons easier for groups.
- Release a higher-resolution texture pack so some places, specifically in the snowy mountains, would look less blurry and globby.
- Add dueling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

WvWvW

Scale the point awards by population and participation. At present it’s too easy for a single world to dominate when they out number the opposition, particularly over night. Points awarded on every timer could be a combination of total for controlled territory, scaled by your population and modified further by the number of successfully completed events. If you’re not actually doing anything, or under pressure, the amount rewarded could be lower.

Change the Outnumbered buff; it’s counter productive. People see it and think “Huh, we can’t win here, should go farming… oh nice, Magic Find!”

It’s too easy to be penned into the starting keep. Players should be buffed based on the distance to their spawn; the valley outside their spawn keep should offer an advantage.

Change the Orbs. Making the strongest army stronger makes little sense. Instead scale the orbs power based on the % of territory controlled by the owning world. For example, if a world controls 100% of the map they gain no benefit from it. However in the hands of a world without any map control it becomes a powerful boon. I’d almost suggest that at high levels of map control the Orb should be a little bit of a curse to introduce strategy. Perhaps it could make the gates and walls of the holding keep 25% weaker, making defending that keep more important and making the orb a real worthwhile artefact; at high map control it’s a risk, but something you don’t want to see fall into the hands of the enemy.

A timer on the queue would be good, but to be fair pretty hard to implement. Instead could be kick people who AFK/Never leave the keep or just run around farming. Perhaps remove the gathering nodes. It’s frustrating to sit in a queue wanting to take part, knowing that there’s a percentage of people in those maps who are there for other reasons.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Can i suggest a forum area for the Servers? It would be great to have a place to speak with people who are on the same Server that also browse the forums.

k, thnx.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Changes I’d like to see:

~ Ability to mail to alts

~ We’ve talked about this in Guild also…but the game doesn’t seem to foster a sense of membership in a Guild. It would be nice to have some sort up guildwide update when someone levels or signs in…something to make others stop what they are doing for sec and say Hi or Grats

~ Guild Roster has been kind of wonky lately, so I’m hoping a fix is in somewhere down the road. But sure would be nice to be able to see everyone’s alts, their class & levels. As things stand right now all we can see is the last toon they played on the account.

~ Has anyone else run into this? When I go back to lower zones to harvest with my main, he keeps on getting items his own level. I need the lower level stuff as my crafting, in any game, always lags behind my level. I’ll get there eventually, but it would be nice to harvest zone level items only.

Other than that…its a really good game.

Raf

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Suggestions

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I would like to add my voice to two previous suggestions,

Make Teleporting Cheaper: At the very least, teleporting to help a friend with a quest and then teleporting back should not lose you significant money. Try setting the cost to half of a level appropriate quest reward. Also, include an “Asura Gate” discount. If teleporting to the nearest gate, going through, and then teleporting again is cheaper, don’t make us waste time in loading screens to get the discount.

Make Looting a Separate Hotkey: I use turrets. Monsters melee turrets. Monsters die, leaving loot right next to turrets. I cannot pick up this loot without retrieving my turrets. This WILL drive me crazy. The latest “F key priority” changes helped, but it really needs to be a separate key all together. Alternatively, just make a setting for loot auto-pickup when in range, then we can all stop spamming the F key.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Very simply, I would like to see the option to rebind more of the game’s functionality to alternate keys. Specifically, I have my eyes on: pinging/drawing on the radar (currently shift+mouse button), and hiding the user interface (currently ctrl+shift+H).

For example, from various other games I’m very used to using the “shift” key as a dodge/roll button. For me, it’s very natural as my pinky rests there next to my WASD keys. And so, I tried to do this in GW2, and while it worked there were a number of consequences.

First, I roll every time I want to ping a location on the radar for my group, or draw a line/route on the map. That’s annoying, especially when you need to ping the radar during a fight and don’t want to unintentionally roll around wasting endurance. It’s also deadly during a jumping puzzle. Second, I roll whenever I try to hide the UI to take a screenshot – which is pretty annoying after you’ve taken a moment to set up the perfect shot of a scene.

In the end, I had to remove my binding of “shift” from the dodge function because there are no options to rebind the radar/map ping, the radar/map drawing tool, or the option to hide the user interface.

The request is pretty much this: if there is a key to activate a function in the game, there should be a matching option to rebind said function in the keybind section. Include everything. Assume players will want to rebind any keyboard command. Nothing should be hardcoded to a key permanently.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I’m sure I’m not the only one who would enjoy being able to make a few minor tweaks to my character’s appearance without having to delete and then re-create him. With this in mind, it would be brilliant if we had the ability to spend a reasonable amount of gems on a name change and character re-customisation.

Naturally, this should be limited in aesthetic changes only, nor should it grant people to the ability to change their character’s race, profession or gender. Such choices should remain permanent.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Typh.8027

Typh.8027

• Add a first person view, there are places I’d love to take screenshots of without my character in the way. Like the Wizard’s Fief, that floating building off of the coast. It will also work when trying to fit a charr into a small area!
  • Preview option on the Trading post. There are tones of things in this game, and I’d love to see how they appear. As it stands right now, you have to buy them, to view them, and I don’t like that!

I have other suggestions, but they do not fall under game improvement, more like future features, and will post those when the appropriate thread shows up! (Or I can always make one, but seeing the game was just released… it’s probably too soon)

in Suggestions

Posted by: AJJ.4197

AJJ.4197

I haven’t read all 6 pages of this thread so I don’t know if my suggestion has been mentioned already. If so, I apologise.

Basically, I would like to “pre-cast” my pet’s F2 ability, so as soon as my pet starts attacking an opponent it’s first move will be it’s ability. The main reason I would like this is at the start of a battle I am usually too focused on casting my own start up routine I forget to hit F2. (and it also seems to be very delayed/unresponsive at the moment). Obviously you wouldn’t be able to queue up none combat abilities i.e. the Fern wolf’s Regeneration, it would for skills like the Ravens Blinding Slash and the Whiptails Poison Bards.

I just liked the idea anyway, thought I’d mention it :}

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skekzyz.1458

Skekzyz.1458

I have not read all the posts here, but this is what I’m seeing…

• I want this game to be like WoW
  • I want macros
  • I want mounts
  • I want to target the target of my target (but only while in a party, I guess)
  • I want to be able to inspect other player’s gear and specs
  • I want to be able to harrass anyone I please with Duel-me requests
  • I want addons
  • I want a hearth stone
  • I want a barber-shop so I can change my hair style/color
  • I want to be able to zoom out so my character looks like an ant even if it is a Norn

Yes, these things would be nice, some I never expect to see, like addons. But that’s the problem, these suggestions would be nice to have that’s it.

How about we focus on absolutely, positively NEED to haves?

• CLOSE ALL DIALOG BOXES (including full-screen map) (WoW does not have this, maybe this is why I have not seen anyone else even mention this. GW1 does, why not GW2?)
  • CALL TARGET WHEN NOT PARTIED (Seriously WTF? I thought one of the promises was that you could solo this game all the way, why am I handicapped if I choose to play solo?)
  • <F12> <C> to log out to character select (This was implemented in less than a week on GW1 after the choice was available by mouse click.)
  • MOVE UI ELEMENTS (not everyone has 2500×1900 resolution, let us move more than the map and chat. When I target something, 9 times outta 10 the ENORMOUS target info covers the target’s upper half at least, let us move this kitten out of the middle of the KITTEN KITTEN screen!)
  • Remember ALL dialog boxes position’s (Great strides have been made on this, all but one of the most used dialog boxes, THE BANK and crafting stations, which is a bank.)

I could mention the camera problems but since these NEEDS WILL benefit ALL players (not just those of us with screen realestate deficiency syndrome) I would hope that the devs would place them as high on a priority list as the camera, cross-world partying, and trading post problems.

IMO this game is still very much in wide open, payed for, beta, mostly because of the UI issues.
Thank you for listening to us, even if we complain too much.

____________________________________Skekzyz
The Dark Crystal [TDC] – Henge of Denravi

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rosco.1326

Rosco.1326

about WvWvW, please modify the way score works:
There should be a coefficient applied to the score that is related to the population on your side. Winning a match because a side is present during night time makes no sense.
If you are outnumbered, decrease either the rate of point attribution (ex: 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes) or decrease the score value of a captured tower, keep and such.

I’m playing on the Vizunah Square server and when I can login (~19h00 local) I see that our side has already won by a large margin, most of the points being made during the night. Ok, my server won, I should be happy but there is absolutely no challenge for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ezreal.5023

Ezreal.5023

New weapons (fist, lance, scythe) / more skills or skill tree for current weapons for more customization

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wormfodder.2051

Wormfodder.2051

My humble suggestions:

1 Make the party invite more obvious. I have a wide monitor and don’t immediately notice that little green check mark up in the corner.

2 Allow some of the vanity/town gear to be transmuted to armor. There’s a lot of things I’d spend money in the gem store to buy, but I don’t since they are “town clothes” and I spend nearly all of my time out in the world where town clothes are pointless.

3 Previewing gear pre-purchase on the trading post would be great. I like to cruise for transmute options, but I won’t buy what I can’t see.

4 Please allow us to use the “discover” option in the crafting window without having to pull everything out of the collectibles tab, thereby having little or no room to actually craft/discover new items.

5 Grabbed this from a previous post, and I agree with all of it:
WvW:
• Queue for all 4 WvW areas.
• Show what battleground I am queued for when queued for only one.
• Show Queue time. both how long I have been queued and estimate.
• Ability to see WvW score when in overflow.
• Auto-Loot bags. Miss them all the time, they contribute to lag as well.

6 Would love to see all “Soulbound” items (gear/weapons) adjusted to be “Account Bound” items. I love giving hand-me-downs to my alts and with so much else being shared across an account, I don’t see why this cannot be the same.

7 First person camera. Hate not being able to take decent screenshots because my toon is always there, muddling some of the most beautiful nature scenery.

8 Why doesn’t my ranger have a quiver? Or any of my bow users, really.

9 Let me queue for more than one WvWvW map at a time. Sometimes the queue can be 2-3 hours (sometimes more) and being able to queue for more than one could increase my odds of getting into some action.

10 When I dismiss my pet, please leave it dismissed until I summon it again. Every time I fall off a rock, my pet pops out again. Gets annoying for me and the other people trying to rock hop to the Vistas.

That’s really all I can think of at the moment. If you (A-Net) take the time to read this, I give my thanks to you for doing so.

Whether the glass is half empty or half full, there is still only half there.

(edited by Wormfodder.2051)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bamfbear.5028

Bamfbear.5028

Not sure if these suggestions were made but I find the lack of lvl 80 exclusive content depressing..

I think more level 80 content would make the game a lot more appealing to continue playing after reaching max level.

For example…

- Add a reputation-type system. Once you hit 80, you can earn reputation with different races. Once hitting the max reputation, you can use the other races cultural armor, you are awarded a title, maybe some other goodies. It should be a good grind to get this. To expand on this, maybe a player who reaches max reputation with all races has a special vendor opened up to them with exclusive gear and a fancy title.

- Exotics way too easy to get at 80. No real notable gear grind whatsoever outside of the farm for legendary weapon. (Aside from grinding for other gear for vanity purposes) To combat this, maybe add stronger exotic armors that are harder to get, but of course have better stats?

- Cursed Shore is the only lvl 80 zone (Yea there’s the 70-80 in northern shiverpeaks but that doesn’t count as it’s a 70-80) and one zone for lvl 80s is very.. problematic. That zone is fully explored within a couple hours. The events are extremely repetitive, and the rewards are sub-standard. Beyond Cursed Shore farming, you have explorable mode dungeons (some are overtuned like crazy, others way too fast and easy) and then the pvp. WvWvW pretty much makes any melee class redundant, and PvP has no real ‘unique’ rewards exclusive to pvp. It’s just a grind to wear the same armor you already have. What? =/

- Trading player to player. Self explanatory.

- Repeatable heart quests with increased monetary rewards at lvl 80. <- Cannot stress enough why this is needed. A daily income of gold, something more to do at 80. Maybe tie these in with reputation system.

- End-game gear is way too quickly and easily acquired. I hit 80 on my warrior, within a couple days I’m full exotics. That wouldn’t be a problem if I had more to do at 80, but once I’m geared out, what is there to do? WvWvW? The items from that are horrendous, the grind needed to get said item is pretty stupid.. I played for an hour of WvWvW, racking up as many kills as possible and only accumulated around 10 badges of honor. Each item costs like 400?

- Karma Vendors are redundant. Why farm 63k karma for a rare lvl 80 weapon, when you can get an exotic? Yea, vanity but 63k is quite a lot. 500 karma, 600 at most from events. You’d have to do around 105 events just for that item. Now, each event takes about.. 30 minutes or so on average. So 105×30 = 3150 minutes or 52.5 hours of grinding the same events over and over again for one item. For purely vanity purposes. Those hours could be spent farming for your legendary.

All I can think of so far.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PawPrince.5719

PawPrince.5719

Greater Key-bind Options but Specifically the addition of the option to Key-bind the “Loot” and “Interact” keys separably.

So many of us have dealt with endless frustration when trying to loot near NPCs, and supposed recent changes to the priority system for the default “F” key.. just don’t seem to work adequately enough for many of us.

You can simply, by default, have this new option also bound to the “F” key as to not disrupt anyone’s game play who enjoys having single button for everything.. while greatly improving the enjoyment of the game for the rest of us.

I got a decent amount of support for this suggestion before the thread was closed the other day, so I’m going to post it here and hope for the best. Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rosco.1326

Rosco.1326

About WvWvW queue:

What about some kind of overflow server for the WvWvW ? My queue is 4h+ long in the evening. Why not duplicate the eternal battlefield map and make it sort of an overflow server ? The score wouldn’t count, you could join with your guild, you’re just green, red or blue and you don’t represent any server. When there is room for your group on the main server, you have a popup asking you to join.

(My guild already moved from Fort Ranik to viZunah square in hope that we would have shorter queue. Unfortunely many people made the same choice than us and now on a full server my guild just can’t play the WvWvW. I fear that my guild won’t survive another server switch. I’ve been said that the queues on other server are extra long either anyway.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadeus.2013

Amadeus.2013

Yay for suggestion threads!

Okay. I’m going to list the things I consider to be beneficial changes in order of ascending importance.

1. Attempt to have character hair/limbs adjust to their armor. While I realize that this is probably a programming nightmare, it saddens me that I still have to see clipping in such an otherwise fantastic-looking game.

2. Slightly adjust certain jumping quest platforms. There are puzzle quests where places you have to jump are so specific and so impossible to read that it either takes YouTube cheating or multiple (sometimes fatal) attempts to figure out which small area you have to jump to. I’m looking at you, Dreamdark Enclave mushroom!

3. Fix the camera bugging that occurs in close quarters. Having that camera try to spam relocation when I’m in a small building or something is not only irritating, it’s dizzying and probably quite fixable. This will also go great lengths in allowing Norn and Charr to complete puzzle quests as easily as the other three races.

4. Enable proximity trading. Mailing items is clunky and weird, especially since cross-character direct trading has been an MMO staple for years.

5. Scale events (at least the ones you can) based on the number of players currently there. This would likely be exceptionally difficult to code in, but it would be a fantastic difficulty adjustment. When I’m defending a bridge by myself against hundreds of pirates, it’s just too absurd. When the raid brigade shows up and now we’re literally melting the pirates on their spawnpoints, as much as I like the free karma/exp, it saddens me that I missed out on a fun event because we overgunned it. Some of these events obviously can’t scale, but others (especially any event that involves spawning enemy armies to defend against) could be tuned so that a certain number of enemies spawn in each wave depending on how many people are in the event ring.

6. Fix the monthly survival experience achievement. This is not for me, as I’ve already completed it, but I know of several people who have their achievement counter permanently locked for no apparent reason, and the fact that it seems to reset every time you zone or log out is just not a good thing. As it stands, the only ways to complete it are either to stay in a zone for far too long, go to a really huge zone (like Lornar’s Pass), wait until you’re at a really high level, or sit in a city and craft the 100k. The first option is not good game design, the second is inhibited by the rarity of such large zones in “early game”, the third is obviously also cut off from casual players/slow levelers/hour-a-day busybodies, and the fourth is just a cop-out. And seeing as how this is tied to a pretty nice achievement set reward, it should have a priority fix within the next week in order to allow people to get their monthly chest for September.

7. This, above all else, is something I simply must have in the game, and therefore I’m bolding it. Switch the double-click evade to triple-click or even, I’d prefer, quadruple-click. This solves several problems. First, it prevents your character from stealth dodging—that is, dodging for no apparent reason because your keyboard read a double-click during your movement. Second, it allows frantic players who typically double-click to avoid similar dodge issues. Third, it allows us to direct our dodges, when we normally can’t because currently any person with remote sense unbinds the double-click option immediately due to the stealth dodges. Fourth, it doesn’t adversely affect the function of a direction-determined dodge because it’s very easy to quadruple-click something, especially when you’re like UNHOLYJORMAGFIREBALLINCOMING. I’m sure there are some relaxed sorts who can casually press their dodge button right when they want to, but I’d dare to wager that most humans simply aren’t like that on video games unless they’re currently under the influence of a particular narcotic. If you implemented this and I never saw another change applied to the game ever, I’d probably still be happy with it.

I strained to think of even these changes. You’ve honestly created a fantastic game. I ADORE the fact that you put puzzles in it instead of just entirely going with the standard “kill ’em all” mentality that most MMOs have, your worldbuilding is excellent (the lorebuilding less so, but I can deal with that), your races have interesting differences that are fun without being gamebreaking, and you’ve made your combat system something I’ve never seen in an MMO game. Keep up the fantastic work, fellas!

in Suggestions

Posted by: raingiver.6470

raingiver.6470

-Additional sort option in trading post to sort items based on if they can be used by your class.
-Cross-server lfg system for dungeons
-Hoods and quivers for rangers
-Camera management improvement during jump puzzles/cramped areas
-Ability to preview item appearance from the trading post.

Love the game. Thank you ANet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Simple cosmetic suggestion but could easily change PvP balance:

Require players with multiple weapon sets to present them at all times regardless of current use.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

-Access to more detailed info for each member
Infromation such as “Last Login”, “Join Date”, “Last Rank Change Date”, “Influence Contribution”, etc. should be somehow publicly available to guild members.

-Split up the “Admin Lower Ranks” permission into “Invite Members”, “Kick Members”, “Change Ranks of Lower Members”

-Change the sorting of members by status to differentiate between Representing and Not Representing

-Add functionality/permission for “Mute Member’s Guild Chat”

-Add “Date Invited” field or and automatic time-out for guild invitations

-Make the message of the day field retain the previous message when the text editor is brought up

-More guild upgrades (this is a general statement and most likely already is in development but I thought I might as well bring it up)

-(Another long shot feature) Add a tab that has sign ups for Dungeon, WvW, or sPvP teams. Something where members could just click join (maybe if they have the required permission) and would greatly help teams organize.

These are outstanding and much-needed suggestions. I’d like to echo all of the above. Great ideas.

I would also like to add a few suggestions regarding chat functionality… My guild is fairly casual, and one of the things we have the most trouble with is communication. People miss whispers and guild chat all the time, and often don’t talk or respond simply because they missed the activity in the channel.

You made an awesome game where players are completely focused on the game world (and it’s great)…but this can make chat channels ghost towns…even when a lot of friendly, outgoing players are logged in. Asking a question and receiving silence in return is something that really turns a lot of players off to a guild.

— Please allow players to split (drag out) chat tabs into separate chat windows which can be positioned wherever on screen. We should be able to view more than one tab at a time.

— Please provide a toggle / selection which allows us to add a chime sound effect to any chat channel we wish (like we have with /whisper). Give us three or four different chime sounds, and let us select which channels use what.

— Provide a toggle for a chat message and also a sound when guild members or friends log in/out.

— Provide functionality in the guild interface which allows for a “guild announcement” which will show up in the center of all representing guild members’ screens (like the message you get when discovering a new area). Allow us to set permissions for this feature separately for the various ranks…or else restrict it to the guild leader only.

And a few general suggestions which have probably already been mentioned -

— Some sort of sound effect for auto loot, please!
— Area loot.

Thanks for your hard work and for such an incredible game!
~Fozz

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wyrd One.2175

Wyrd One.2175

I didn’t read thorough every page, but I’d like to suggest that the progress bar on the launcher be based off of the total remaining data to download, and not the number of files remaining.

Basing the progress bar on the number of files downloaded doesn’t actually convey useful information. Some files fly by, others are multiple megabytes and we have no idea.

Ok, so there are 3 files left to download and the progress bar is sitting at 95%… each file could be 300 Kb or could be 50 MB.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gstringbass.2506

Gstringbass.2506

I think they should make it more clear how to expand the bank tabs. It is more obvious on the inventory how to add a bag slot, but the lock on the bank tab is so small and there is no real indication that more can be added.

I also think they should do away with the confirming each purchase and change to a checkout page. The current method is easy to make mistakes and with the current no refunds regardless the circumstance on gem store purchases it is unacceptable. I made a mistake and yes I was at fault for buying the wrong thing but it was just so easy to make the wrong purchase, a second chance to see what you are buying will really help prevent mistakes on the users part.

My suggestions
-make it obvious how to purchase bank tab expansion
- checkout page on the gem store

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shurikenv.2157

Shurikenv.2157

This just might be a bug im not sure but notification on friends/guild mates loging in and out of game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lemonish.7836

Lemonish.7836

Would love to see more emotes in the game!
Also more PVP game modes like that Hunger royale mode from the Beta, also others like Capture the flag!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DjHeavyGrinder.7246

DjHeavyGrinder.7246

Hey all, love the game but some suggestions here to make it better.

Open world non-instanced guild PvP – Pretty much how Ultima Online was back in the day with factions (chaos/order) and guild PvP.

Mounts – As stated above, horses would be wonderful. (NO flying mounts.)

Player Housing – Again stated above, check out Ultima Online for great player houses.

Hiding The Mouse Pointer – Tera and RaiderZ use this and it’s superb. Being able to hide/show the mouse pointer by pressing alt (or a key bind of your choice) would be totally awesome.

Edit:

YES! -

Please add quivers for the bows.

+1

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

Suggestions for CASH SHOP:

I’d like to propose a whole new perspective on what can be monetized in GW2 and other games: how about emotes? What if you could buy RPing and casual sets of emotes and accessories, like a chaplain/priest set, a dancing set, a screenshot-friendly pose set (dramatic poses, sexy poses (nothing lewd), fun poses, couples poses such as holding hands, kissing, hugging, loving glances, etc.), attitude sets, etc.

When there is player housing, how about furnishing sets? You could have different styles that reflect different races and proffessions, or just fun sets.

How about cash-shop hairstyles? Tattoos? Emblem sets? Gear decoration sets?

How about cash shop variant battle animations (not applicable in PvP)? Variant spellcasting animations? Variant walking, running, and jumping animations? Variant finishing animations?

How about custom player “booth” applications for guilds, where your guild can set up “booths” at events they organize to provide mini-games for prizes the guild puts up, or just to have fun, like a dunking booth, a fortune-teller’s booth, an arcade, fishing from a barrel, coin toss, etc.

Or, there could be guild-hall “event” packages, such as a masquerade ball, or a harvest or summer faire, etc.

MUSIC! Musical instruments, musical scores, ampitheater events (theater dress & emote packages), etc.

Voice sets, including different voices and different sets of voice emotes.

Character name changes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moonpuncher.7250

Moonpuncher.7250

I strongly believe the cash shop needs more useful items. I spent hundreds of dollars in League of Legends (I’m a perfect F2P customer!) because they had such interesting skins. I was prepared to spend $100 right away for GW2 gems, but unfortunately could not find much I wanted. I was hoping for more “unlocks” (things I buy once, and always have). Instead, most of what you can buy are little boosts that don’t seem to help much and only last an hour. Spending money for very short-term temporary items doesn’t appeal to me, since I hate having to figure out if my next hour will be worthy of the boost or not. I’d be much more likely to purchase boosts that last a weekend, or permanent unlocks like bank slots (thank you) and player housing.

TL:DR: I want to give you my money but couldn’t find anything worth buying. This is a good problem to solve!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morgul.7263

Morgul.7263

By and large I am really enjoying the game, but one thing that would make it much more enjoyabe to myself and hopefully many other’s would be the ability to toggle off things on the main map and minny map.

Over all I find the zones in the game to be wonderfully crafted and a pleasure to explore. I enjoy the thrill of discovery. Having everything display on the map makes the game less enjoyable and less immersive for myself.

Please Arenanet add toggles to the UI so that I can turn on and off the things that I do not want displayed, it would make the game just that much better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheOuroborus.6387

TheOuroborus.6387

Dear ANet, would you please consider a set of OFF BUTTON OPTIONS to let us immerse ourselves in the game world alleviating some of the constant reminders of the interface between us and the virtual environment.

1. TURN BLACK ART SCREEN FRAME OFF. It’s like someone took a Sharpie and doodled around the edges of my monitor. Visually, it reads like some funky Hipstamatic picture frame limiting my experience. I don’t want you guys to get rid of it (I’m sure many like it), but please let folks turn it off if they so desire.

2. TURN NPC GREEN HIGHLIGHTING OFF. Really? Seriously? Every time I walk past an NPC, do they really need to highlight? Annoying to the Nth degree.

3. TURN EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS GRAPHICS OFF. Does an announcement really need to flash directly in the middle of the screen every time I wander into an event area? AAAARGH! Bugs the bejeezus out of me. Not that the Dynamic Events bug me, they don’t… it’s kinda brilliant.

4. TURN EVENT ANNOUNCEMENTS AUDIO OFF. Same goes for the audio announcement. Drives me batty. I really just want to wander the world in peace and pick my fights. A little announcement in the mission log on the side of the screen would be nice as an alternative.

5. TURN NEW MISSION AUDIO OFF. Again, same goes for wandering into a new Heart zone. The repeating DING! I can do without.

6. USE OLD SCHOOL HEALTH BAR. Would you please let me toggle an old-school health bar or something less intrusive than the HAL9000 Red Eye of Death plopped right in the center of the picture plane? Your graphic artists should know that peripheral vision is more sensitive than centered vision. Sometimes it’s all I see. I’m getting old and something like that is like dangling keys in front of a baby. A big baby (me).

7. UN-DOCK CHAT WINDOW + UN-DOCK MINI-MAP. These should be no-brainer additions. That there’s only an option to flip them from bottom to top and vice-versa and both options being locked to the edge of the screen is frustrating. Visually, if you move the windows in a bit and can see the environment moving at the edges of the screen, it helps the mind move into the world instead of framing it. Trust me on this. I have a two degrees in Art and taught college painting and drawing. I know what I’m talking about (and as an artst myself, may I say “Wow, thanks for the stunning world!”). ;-)

8. LET ME DIE OPTION. Is there a way to just let me die instead of going into Fight to Survive? Please, I beg of you. Or at least add a “Resurrect Now” 5th skill. Or maybe have a DON’T ZOOM FIGHT TO SURVIVE leaving the camera in place.

9. TURN MAIN MAP ZOOM OFF. Why the zooming whoosh into the main map? It’s a pretty animation, but why not give us the option of simply letting it pop up as a resizable window?

10. TURN OFF WATER DROPLETS. This one should be easy enough. Besides, droplets on a camera lens aren’t quite within the time period of GW2. As before, it makes a player very aware that he/she is sitting at a monitor and not within the realm of the game world. Am I an observer or a player?

11. TURN OFF HEALTH WARNING RED FRAME. Or maybe have three settings for this. Mild Warning – Medium Warning – Red Alert. That sudden visual jolt of red flashing and thumping frame every time my avatar gets the mildest of hits… well, I should be able to turn that off.

That’s it for now. I love what you’ve got here, it’s a great start. I’ll say this again, I’m not asking for changes, I’m asking for ways to tailor the gaming experience in a more personal way. Thank you ANet for listening (I hope).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loki.5891

Loki.5891

Add cat-ear-hairbands to cashshop

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syhnz.4928

Syhnz.4928

implement the Great Axe ( A.k.a two handed axe ) we got 2 handed sword and hammers now we want sexy axes

in Suggestions

Posted by: ToxicToothpick.4396

ToxicToothpick.4396

This one is simple but:

Remove level scaling from the area outside of dungeons.

It would allow players to see the actual level of people wanting to enter the dungeon, and save a few surprises.