Game Improvement - Suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mynotower.5834

Mynotower.5834

• One free port in every region maybe after doing a special heart quest. If that is a taboo, implement mounts with a fixed cost and let us port free after death.
  • Drop less amount of valuable items - economy is flooded with valuable items since everyone finds more than he needs for himself (and his twinks). AH prices are nearly always at minimum, and crafting is quite useless.
  • Option to reduce/disable spell effect intensity - sometimes you cannot see anything important anymore.
  • free positioning of weapon skills 1..5 - it’s confusing to adapt after switching if your AoE/jump/escape skills are always on other hotkeys.
  • customizable sounds for chat channels
  • Option for a continuous log file with chat and combat output for each character
  • 1st person view per max zoom in, higher FoV
  • more character customization options and some more drastic different statures and faces

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mal.7018

Mal.7018

Loving the game so far but 2 things I would like to see are more search options for the trading post, previewing has been suggested several times but I would also like to have an option to search for usable armor only (light, medium, heavy etc…)

and a dungeon que system, or at least a better LFG system for dungeons, standing around the zone waiting for someone to to start spamming lfg for….. or doing so myself is kinda boring, than when the group is full you constantly have to tell people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Security Suggestion:
Send a confirmation email to the old-email address when there is an attempt to change the email address.

Polka will never die

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wormfodder.2051

Wormfodder.2051

Allow us to attack/use abilities while falling. Sometimes I like to jump off a wall in WvWvW or sometimes I just fall off, but while I’m in the air, I can do nothing. I want to be able to attack, through down a targeted ground effect, etc, while still in the air.

Whether the glass is half empty or half full, there is still only half there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I would like to suggest a small change to the waypoint teleport system. The travel costs are prohibitively high in higher levels, so they make me not join friends when they ask for help. I have to pay twice for a short task they ask for, so I pay more than I gain doing the task. So I simply duck and lie to them: “Sorry, no time to help”. I also spend more time thinking about how to avoid the higher costs to this and that waypoint than actually running through areas.

I suggest the following change: “Every 10 minutes, travelling to a waypoint in a different explorable area costs nothing”.

The second change I would like to see: “Direct travelling between cities costs nothing”, since this is already possible, but only via cumbersome travelling via Lion’s Arch and multiple loading screens, clicking away the overflow messages, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

- Duel : I want to make duel with my friend 1on1… there isnt option to make 1v1,2v2 pvp matches as you said previously.

- Inspect : I want to Inspect players armour,personal story,traits etc. Its funny when im with others players scaled down, and we cannot see our normal level. I want to see other players weapons and upgrades and normal lvl in scaled location !!!

- In-game PING meter : i want to see if my internet connectivity fail of your server have long response.

- Better LFG or Dungeon finder : Its too hard for solo players to find dungeon party. (or add looking for group chat channel)

- Cash on Delivery Mail or Trade : I want to sell some stuff in chat, or in my guild for good price, there is no chance to sell things. No COD mail is really funny. So many scammers in every game so pls, add COD Mail !

- More PvP modes !!

Drop less amount of valuable items

Anet said that they want to make social game, but, there isnt too much social options for players. It still puzzles me as to why these small staples of MMOs are not in Guild Wars 2.
thanks for reading, Please reply your opinion or next suggestions, and hope anet will read this thread.

(edited by Safire.9143)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

• One free port in every region maybe after doing a special heart quest. If that is a taboo, implement mounts with a fixed cost and let us port free after death.
  • Drop less amount of valuable items - economy is flooded with valuable items since everyone finds more than he needs for himself (and his twinks). AH prices are nearly always at minimum, and crafting is quite useless.
  • Option to reduce/disable spell effect intensity - sometimes you cannot see anything important anymore.
  • 1st person view per max zoom in, higher FoV

100% agree !!

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I’m posting this here

It’s the latest entry in my blog which goes over the changes that I feel should happen to the trait trees for every profession. Long story short, cut the bullkitten/boring traits out, replace them with more fun/play-style provoking traits.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Merric.8657

Merric.8657

For a game billed as a social mmo, you really make it hard to socialize with people. My main complaint with the game is a complete lack of notifications. I feel like this was a complete oversight that was missed altogether.

Friend List Notifications
Unless I constantly pop open my friends list to see who is currently online, I can play and completely miss the fact that people have come online. There needs to be both a visual and an audio alert to people coming online. Something like a small popup box with transparency options that comes up in the bottom corner would be unobtrusive, but helpful. Even telling me in my chat log would be better than the current system.

Guild Notifications
When I invite someone to the guild, I want the entire guild to see a message that a new member has joined. This happens in almost every other game on the market. What happens when they see this message? A flood of welcoming messages come in. People feel like part of a community. What happens here? Unless the person doing the inviting tells people in guild chat ahead of time, new person joins, may be too shy to talk immediately, no one knows they joined, and they generally feel unwelcome.

Similar to the friends list, we need notifications that guild mates have come online. I want notifications that people have been promoted, demoted, left the guild, etc.

Chat Customization
The amount that exists currently is laughable. I want full color support for text. I want the most garish colors possible for guild chat, so I don’t miss them. I want to be able to drag out a second chat box, so I can have one for guild or party chat, and one for general chat, but be able to always see both of them.

Trading
Everyone else has mentioned this, but you need at the very least a COD option, or a face to face trading. I know you want to keep trading on the trading house so that you get a cut of every sale, but guess what? Build your 15% cut into direct trades. The current system is bad for two reasons. First, there is zero sense of community. I’m trading with a bunch of faceless people. I don’t even see who is selling me an item on the trading house, just that it is being sold. Second, if you decide to respond to someone doing trading in general chat, you have two options. Trade, and risk getting screwed out of your money/items if the other person is dishonest, or don’t trade at all. Great job guys.

Butter
I am going to build a castle from butter. The amount you get from supply bags is insane. Please do something about this before I turn into a fat kid, or start attracting swarms of pigeons/seagulls.

PVP
For a game without endgame, the amount of people that are able to be in PVP at any one time is just ridiculously low. Figure out a solution, or add something to keep people interested so your player base doesn’t take a nose dive 3 months from now when everyone is capped and bored.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shackles.4836

Shackles.4836

- Allow us to display casting bars, especially in PvP.
This would make interrupts so much more valuable. I have seen many PvP videos of high skill guilds but couldn’t learn anything from them because I never saw which skill was a reaction to another. Say, a ranger casts his group healing skill. While he is doing this, I’d like to see a progress bar with the group healing icon (+ tooltip) filling up synchronous to his channeling time. If I stun him before the progress bar is at 100%, his spell is interrupted. Usually those channeling bars are displayed below the HP bar of the enemy. Generally, I don’t want to learn every animation of every class to be able to place my interrupts accordingly. Also, in a skill-based game, one should always be able to tell why he died. The lack of this information makes the PvP learning curve very steep.
- Display absolute effect numbers and percentages in the skill tooltips.
Instead of “.. has a chance to deal damage”, display “.. has a 30% chance to deal 100 damage.”
- Allow us to display HP numbers.
Why do we see absolute damage numbers but don’t see hitpoints?
- Add filters to the world map.
I don’t always want to display every POI etc. It would also be very nice if we were allowed to hide already visited POIs, Vistas and Hearts.
- Don’t scale down Heart, WP, POI and Vista icons so much when the user zooms out of the worldmap or minimap.
Those icons are almost invisible even on higher zoom levels.
- Highlight targets more clearly.
In big fights, I often can’t see which target I have selected.
- Allow us to attach notes to the world map.
Low priority but would be comfortable.
- Allow us to move the mouse without right-clicking.
This was mentioned a thousand times before and my RMB would really thank you for this.
- Group crafting areas (like Warhorn, Longbow…) into horizontal tabs and sort them by level. Also link required items.
It is very hard to spot all components necessary to craft a level 30 warhorn once you reached level 400. It’d be very handy if we could more easily hide other types of crafting items and click on required ingredients for a selected recipe.
- Add a “stay on this target” button to the Ranger’s pet controls.
Why does my pet always have to attack the target I am attacking? This is especially bad if you use repelling since this literally interrupts the current attack animation of your pet and forces it to run to the repelled enemy.
- Give better rewards for monthly completion.
I did what Tyria asked me to do and all I got were these lousy 20 Mystic Coins
- Let 100% world map explorers travel for free.
Now, THAT would be an epic incentive!

(edited by Shackles.4836)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fenrir.4915

Fenrir.4915

Im sorry if this has allready been said:

- Arenas implement ( with rating and rewards that exchanges for gear, using your pve gear, and level 80 only ).We need build our character to a REAL pvp game, i need motivation to seek the best gear, i need motivation to play my character, and as the game is actually, i miss that.

- Dungeon Finder

- More endgame content. At the most mmos you can just play forever, this game is just 1 – 80 and it´s over. WvW is more like a complement of the game, you will not play all day long. sPvP also feels like a complement.
Adding arenas ( yes, wow like ) and more dungeons, gear, and create more motivation to ger better equips would fix that.

- We see many beautifull maps in game, create battlegrounds, 10 vs 10 players, or something like that in those maps. With capture the flag feature, and etc, all with your own gear and level 80.

(edited by Fenrir.4915)

in Suggestions

Posted by: berusko.4657

berusko.4657

- Able to see Hp bars above players head.
- Reduce the waiting time on Spvp from 5mins to 2mins
- Option to re-sell an item whitin 2minutes to the npc and get the gold/badges/karma back (this would avoid a massive spamm on your support)
- Option to see the Hp in numbers or percentage

in Suggestions

Posted by: evilishu.9318

evilishu.9318

In general, I love the level scaling for doing lower level content. Keeps the challenge there throughout. However, it seems unrewarding to do lower level content when repairs are potentially high and rewards low. Some sort of advantage should be afforded for the higher level whether that means no repairs after level 80 in zones below 70 or something similar. I don’t want the conpetition nerfed, “kittened” or whatever but I don’t want to be able to take on 4 toons at level 55 and survive and just barely survive or be defeated in the same type encounter at 4, 14, or 24 and pay the price in repairs because my expensive armor I worked so hard to make or get is useless there. Just a thought. And yes, I realize I could dress out in cheaper armor for those levels, but why go to that expense or trouble?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

I don’t think it is there yet (it wasn’t in BWE3 at least); a special emote for drinking! Now you don’t get any benefit for drinking, so at least let us see the emote (and it would be great for roleplaying I guess)

Some thought provoking quote

in Suggestions

Posted by: Procabiak.5206

Procabiak.5206

I’ve got 3 suggestions at the moment…

- Ability to label bank tab slots (currently there’s no text on the slot, as compared to character bag slots)

- Thief: move the stolen item button to F2 instead of F1. Using Steal again while the item is there overrides the item.

- Play the startup flair that was in the BWE1 launcher, then proceed to display the character selection screen. I miss this so much… We miss this so much!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Basen.8506

Basen.8506

I have some, incase they have not been said yet :
-Mounts
-Scuba Gear (with lamps ? )
-Housing
-Macros
-I’d love to see pets for Ranger be a bit different from the normal monsters

in Suggestions

Posted by: Altnob.7083

Altnob.7083

Make dynamic events viewable from the map across the entire zone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: boomfruit.8069

boomfruit.8069

This is my biggest gripe as a casual, and so far, PvE only player: When I identify a dye, tell me what material type it is before I use it on a character. Sure it’s possible to look it up on the wiki, but why take me out of game for it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: wakko.5248

wakko.5248

Make dynamic events viewable from the map across the entire zone.

This would be awesome. Atleast as a in-game option for those who wants it

I would also like more skills per weapon to actually chose from, and not just have the old standard ones all the time. Customization and variety is good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: brokeit.8346

brokeit.8346

I’ve read a lot of great suggestions here keep up the good work! Also kudos to anet for a very smooth launch and a very stable and enjoyable game this far, a few tweaks and you can easily have the new go to game to play.

I liked many of the ideas I saw like the event scaling so people can get contribution, adding contribution for support abilities (boons, combo fields, heals, etc), better dungeon order (less “graveyard zerging”), and better more class useful rewards for events, completions, and loot options for some components (rare items, wvw tokens). I also have a few more game smoothing suggestions:

• Trading Post – Remove the ability to post on the TP from anywhere. I know this will bother some players but making the botters have to go to town to post makes it so they can’t run 24/7 in the field and keeps the economy in check. Do not remove the ability to browse the TP globally.
  • Trading System – trading player to player is much much more secure since you dont have to trust the other person to stick to their agreement and it is much quicker than putting a mail together (and doesnt fill your mailbox!).
  • Level Scaling – Increase the level you are scaled down to by 1 or 2 levels. This gives people who like easier fights a chance to out level an area for more comfort. This also allows people returning to explore less chance at being harassed.
  • Combat Slow – remove the in combat slow effect and just give creatures a slow ability to randomly use. It is difficult to try and keep up with a large group of people when you get hit by a stray aoe or use a leap/teleport and accidentally hit something and fall way behind. At least if you have an effect, you can avoid it with an evade or block (aegis). Suspending the swiftness effect when in combat should stay.
  • Player View – Increase the field of view and allow for more zoom. I have a large monitor and still feel way too close.
  • Targeting – I’m sure this is more a bug than a suggestion but turning my camera or character shouldnt result in me chaning my target, only tab or a physical click should target something. If my mouse moves with a button down it should not target. The tab target system needs a little more work too, it is pretty good but I still find myself having to tab cycle when, what seems like the most likely target, is not the next one selected. This may be the case as well but have the first target that attacks you be auto targeted.
  • Auto Attack – thank you for thinking of my hand and keyboard and allowing abilities to be autoattack (when it works). I really have 2 suggestions here, firstly would be to make it a more hard toggle. What I mean is unless my current target dies and I am not considered in combat it should not turn off. It should also always turn on when using another ability. If I dont have a target I should just sit there looking stupid but swing only when I select a target. Basically there needs to be 3 character/weapon states: sheathed, unsheathed, and ready to attack/attacking (in combat).
  • ESC button priority – hiting the esc button should have a priority list: close open windows in front to back order (unless option is checked) > cancel ability being cast > clear target. Currently there is no quick way to cancel a casting ability and it seems I need to press esc 2 or 3 times before it will clear a target.
  • Ability cooldowns – if I use a single target ability and the target is out of range it shouldnt cast. I realize that the game uses a projectile system so the bolt might hit something but that should be rectified by me switching to a target in range, not the game using an ability and me waiting on a CD because it went off before a range check was made. If I use an aoe and it hits nothing then it should still go on cd.
  • Home WP – ability to select a home WP that you can pay a larger fee up front and always travel to for free would be nice. Would have to physically be at the WP and could select it as your home, there should also be a quick option on the map to travel there rather than having to seek it out (and a more unique map icon for it).

(edited by brokeit.8346)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bust Nak.6150

Bust Nak.6150

Give us a keybind for switching to townclothes.

Lionguard Lyns fan club member.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ziggy.7319

Ziggy.7319

I figured it was up to someone to bring the compiled list of suggestions from the GW2 community to the official forums once they have opened, so I’m taking the initiative to repost them here.

Guild wars 2 Guru forums:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/57170-the-ultimate-list-of-changes-youd-like-to-see-suggestions/
Author: Misce

some suggestions found in this thread include:
-dueling
-trading
-cash on delivery
-inspecting
-global cooldowns
-more armor/weapon skins at low levels
-dyes for weapons
-transmutation not destroying the item used
-a lot of crafting materials do not have slots in the collections tab when they should, so they just sit in your bank and take up space (ex. dough for cooking, or green wooden dowels)
-2v2 or 3v3 pvp
-controlling ranger pets
-showing numbers on enemies/allies health
-and some general bug fixes

you can browse the thread for more suggestions and details.

there is a more detailed and compiled list here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z6mbe/the_ultimate_list_of_changes_youd_like_to_see/
Author: msangeld

I’d personally like to see some addons. like tracking certain CD’s (mesmer entrance portal before it goes away), or recount for a dps meter.

in Suggestions

Ziggy.7319

Some suggestions for future gold sinks to stabilize the market before it starts to inflate:

Gambling House:

Pretty simple, you use gold to play gambling minigames. The gambling house would pretty much work like a casino in which it is purposely built so that it has a certain payout percentage, and keeps the rest of the wagers. It is possible to win and make money off the gambling house obviously, but overall for the majority of the population, the payout will be less than what is wagered obviously. This can include some classical games like blackjack (using a shoe consisting of 4-8 decks) and slots, to moa races which would be like betting on a horse where the odds change depending on the changing bets, to maybe some made up minigames. There could be a betting cap per game and even a daily betting cap.

(kind of like the cow cannon thing where you can bet against that one npc where the cow will land xD)

the only problem with this is people may argue for those with gambling addictions and may spend real money on gems to convert to gold to play this. that is what the betting caps and daily caps would be for. Someone may argue legal reasons saying Anet would have to get some casino license, to which before it’s said I will dispute it by saying you can buy gems with real money, but you can’t convert gems back to real money, and thus it would be stuck as virtual currency.

PvP Gladiator Unranked Tournaments:

This would be similar to sPvP. You’ll be able to easily queue up against say 10 random people, everyone puts 10 gold on the line (100 g total). Anet will say take 30% (30 g), leaving 70 g in prize money, say 1st gets 35 g, 2nd gets 20 g, and 3rd gets 15 g, everyone else recieves 0. It would be a free for all of sorts in a timed map that will base the winner off of kill/death ratios. similarly this can even be done for maybe even duels, or team battles.

The only argument i can see against this is maybe unofficial alliances during the free for all match, which i can not defend. but keep in mind this is for gold betting and not actual ranking or anything. from the system I laid out, an alliance can only be 2-3 people if theyre all strangers which can maybe be discouraged by disabling /say and /map during the match. or 6 people if they all happened to know each other and all got the same queue for the same one and divide the 70g afterwards by 6 which i doubt would even be worth it, and would almost never happen.

In the case of team vs. team, or dueling for gold it shouldn’t be a problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wormfodder.2051

Wormfodder.2051

Thin out the mobs in many zones. I don’t really have time to actually see the world as I’m always in combat. Even when I kill something and stop to look around, they respawn in seconds, sometimes even two will spawn in that spot. I want to be able to enjoy the world, not be constantly, constantly fighting.

Whether the glass is half empty or half full, there is still only half there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: brokeit.8346

brokeit.8346

Thin out the mobs in many zones. I don’t really have time to actually see the world as I’m always in combat. Even when I kill something and stop to look around, they respawn in seconds, sometimes even two will spawn in that spot. I want to be able to enjoy the world, not be constantly, constantly fighting.

Its called Guild WARS not Guild Vacation….har har har.

But seriously, a little more time between respawns and some maps are way too dense. Straits of Devastation for example there is almost no place you can stand and not get aggroed by something

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keldor.8742

Keldor.8742

Don’t force us to craft, I know crafting gives great XP but this is one of a very small list of complaints. You guys have done a great job otherwise.

-Also weaken AOE spells
-Give us more group leveling or events
-Player housing (Hopefully in the future).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bankstercide.7514

Bankstercide.7514

Link Hair Ornament colour to head gear colour palette. It should not be fixed at character creation.

More detailed combat log with option to download log as text file for theorycrafting parsing.

Have Option Menu have toggle for auto-remove of UI for screenshots.

Necromancer Death Shroud UI (and to a much lesser extent, Downed State) needs to show active buffs and debuffs.

Friendly Support AoE fields need green borders to differentiate from friendly damage fields (white border) and enemy fields (red border).

Non-standard buffs and debuffs (e.g. Venoms, Banners) need timer borders like standard buffs/debuffs currently do.

Interrupt/Stun icon on target needs more visibility – a more solid icon background?

Adjustable Particle Effects option for other players’ spell effects – melee need this.

Town Clothing toggle option when in City Zones or have keybinding option available.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marick.6427

Marick.6427

My largest complaint is with loot in WvWvW. I started trying to play a support engineer, staying in the back buffing and healing friends while killing enemies from range. The problem I quickly ran into is that after ~100 kills I had gotten NO loot, NO badges of honor, NO reward for all the effort and participation I had put in. Now I go around with pistol and shield and flamethrower with juggernaut and kill people at the front trying my hardest to snipe finishers just so I can get something out of WvWvW.
The simplest solution to this problem would be to allow honor badges to be awarded to anyone who participated in killing an enemy, not just the person who achieved the last hit. This would promote more people taking up support roles and would allow people who prefer ranged weapons to use them at range and not feel like they are wasting their time. Being able to get something from participating in kills without having to have a fast connection to snipe the finisher would also promote more people to stick with WvWvW which could help with balancing participation differences between high and low population servers.
In the end, I would just like to gear up with +healing gear, run around with an elixir gun, and still be able to get more then a tiny amount of karma and copper from capping a supply camp as my only return from WvWvW and I’m sure I’m not the only person who enjoys being support and still earning badges towards that nice pvp gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rarespawn.6028

Rarespawn.6028

Before you make fun of my suggestions, yes I’m a girl…girl gamers are cool…don’t you want girls to play video games too AreaNet? If you like girl gamers (and our money) I hope you start paying attention, because I am going to start off with my biggest concern in game right now.

I spent quite a bit of gold on the Sylvari cultural armor because it looks so cool. I used the transmutation stones to make my yellow lvl 80 armor (with all the stats I want) look like the Tier 2 cloth Sylvari cultural armor set. But now I’m concerned about the fact that if I ever want to change the look of my armor again I will either have to
a) Make a new set of lvl 80 rare gear for each ‘new look’ I want to create (which seems like an awful lot of work).
b) Or ‘overwrite’ the sylvari tier 2 armor style with the ‘new look’ effectively rendering all of the gold I spent pointless, and forcing me to buy yet another sylvari tier 2 armor set if I ever want to use that style again. I’m already paying for the transmutation stones…why make me pay again and again for a style I already purchased?

Can’t you give us a closet option or something? For example, once you have an item you could choose to deposit the style of it in a virtual closet (for a one time fee maybe), and from then on it will appear in a special closet tab, allowing you to use the appearance (just appearance, not stats) of it in transmutations! That way I won’t need to take up my entire bank space with the unorganized chaos of items I have collected because I like the style.

You could even make it a payed for feature like the extra bank tabs or extra character slots…I’ll gladly pay for it! I see lots of other people also collecting styles…and I think this is a really fun part of the game!

For the love of kittens , please don’t make me craft as many high level armor sets as I need for all the different styles I want to wear! Don’t punish me for wanting to change my outfit! You are the ones who put over 400 different colors of dye in the game, you forced this diversity and need to change my outfit upon me!

Mesmer 80, Elementalist 80, Guardian 80, Ranger 40

in Suggestions

Posted by: Werewolf.5347

Werewolf.5347

I think a better name for this post would be “Wishful Thinking” Or, “What NCSOFT/ARENANET will never read or pay attention to”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Formis Sage.2638

Formis Sage.2638

1)Well, first I want to adress the infamous problem with waypoint fees.

In the light of some complaints I saw here, about not being able to help friends on lower levels because it simply wasn’t worth it to use waypoint to the lower location for that price, I suggest to base the prices of Waypoints on the level range of the location.
Either set stable prices for each location based on its level range, or keep the scaling as it is now based on player’s level but stop it at each location’s maximal level.
That way for example 70lvl teleporting to starting location would be paying price 15lvl would pay from that distance.
As for cities, I suggest either make them free or set minimal lvl prices, people would be exploiting starting location prices anyway.

2) Next thing would be the personal story.

Like I said in my post in the Story Forum my main concern are the cutscenes and dialogues which then further affect other aspects of the personal storyline. Voice acting aside, my issue is with the inability to affect how my character reacts to other characters’ statements and opinions and how s/he talks.

At first I was hoping, and now I’m suggesting it for future patches or content, that the option to choose personality would at least affect what my characters say and how they say it to some degree, and also affect the voice my characters have. Feroucious characters should sound more brash while charming ones should really sound charming, captivating, etc. I feel the personality options were terribly underused especially in the story and for the most part didn’t make any difference whatsoever. Nevertheless that would still make my characters act the same way everytime depending on my chosen personality even if it would make them more unique.

Next thing to affect cutscenes would of course be simple dialoge options that could affect exactly what course of action would be taken or what our characters think about it, if they agree or not. Some of the current options we age given to determine the next quest could be changed so that we are offered one or two options and we can either agree with one of them or suggest one course of action for ourselves based on our chosen personality, or multiple options with different ways to suggest it and success determined by our personality level.
Other options could be reactions to characters themselves, their statements, opinions, all depends on the subject of the actual conversation. The options could be in “simple” positive/neutral/negative system slightly different for each personality but with basically the same meaning. Based on how often we choose which option for each character their relation to us could change in similar positive/neutral/negative system. That way the game would provide us with feedback to our actions.
I’d add this kind of dialogues not only to cutscenes but written conversations as well, only don’t make such conversations repeatable, wouldn’t make any sense. Speaking of which, I would suggest also making all personality options unrepeatable since some of them are and it does’t make much sense either to say something and 5 seconds later change our mind (and so on for 5 minutes).

Now I think I got tangled in my own thoughts enough so it’s time to end it here.

“Sometimes we all just need to be shown a little kindness.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Treason.8417

Treason.8417

Step 1: Develop DX 11 support for GW2 (the graphics would melt people’s eyes!)
Step 2: Have more friendly controller support for PC players
Step 3: Release on next generation gaming consoles (PS4/WiiU probably not xbox 720 because microsoft will make you pay more)
Step 4: Enjoy!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thannis.9021

Thannis.9021

Here are a few of my suggestions.

1. A few weapon skins or the option for one handed weapons that sheath on your back. When playing as a thief with daggers it is hard to see the weapon skin sometimes under our armor.

2. Once we hit 80 and have completed our story, allow us to replay it again with all missions scaled to 80 and allow us to choose new options. That will give the option to those who like only playing one character, a chance to see more of the story.

3. Mounts (even if they only add a small boost to movement speed)

4. Player housing. If you are going to copy any company on this, please copy Everquest 2. I think they have some of the most robust housing options of any MMO out there right now. Allow us to choose what city we would like a house in, floor plan, furniture, etc.

5. More weapon options for each class. I played a melee Necro/Warrior in guild wars 1 (yes I know it wasn’t that great a combination) and I would kill to be able to use a greatsword in melee as a necro (like everyones favorite glory-hogging necromancer, Trahearne)

6. Closet or wardrobe storage. I try to collect as many sets as I can and would love to have a separate storage tab for any armors I don’t want to transmute at the moment but would like to hold on to. Especially since bank slots are shared across characters

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xanlith.8539

Xanlith.8539

Trading Post – I know everyone is all jazzed about the TP and how it currently is but I personally think it lacks character or fore thought.

Socialization – In other TP’s we are able to see who is selling an item and who purchased your items. As a crafter, this is very valuable because over time you can build up both a supply chain for raw materials and a customer base which translates into some really great relationships that can even transcend the game.

Supply vs Demand – Before people accuse me of wanting to “play the market” lets be frank. With the TP global, its near impossible for demand to exceed supply on basic materials which in turn keeps the cost of mid-tier items artificially low as well. As a result many items even some rares are available for 1cp more than vendor prices and likely will never come off that cost. That may sound good to the buyers but the sellers are eventually going to get tired of putting effort into crafting items for little to no profit and stop making them all together. Once that happens the TP will no longer be the Trading Post it will just be the Trash post.

Load Distribution – I’ve been a datacenter manager for over 16 years now. Lets face it whatever is running behind the global TP isnt cutting it. Whether its some fancy GRID DB, an Oracle RAC cluster or a giant monolithic DB, its puking daily. Here we are 3 weeks after release and I cant buy Iron Ore because the listings wont populate again. Thats silly. If we cant get it under control then make the TP world based and distribute the load

Item Expiration – I have items that have been up on the TP for over a week now. If we simply expired the items after 7 days the TP would be able to free up what is clearly needed resources to deal with more recent trades that have infinitely more potential to actually contribute to the economy.

PS. The TP went “down for maintenance” while I was drafting this. EXPIRE STUFF

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Hi Anet team , thanks for your great work.

There is 2 big bugs that I ask you to solve……
1-Some events are bugged which prevent us from doing it like > Escort events ( some NPC don’t move and there is no way to make them to move) > Collecting events ( Some NPC are invisible so we can’t give them the items we have collected ).

2-Necro profession > many times our minions stopped attacking the foes and got frozen which make us face the foes alone.

I ask you to update the trading post with 3 things…..
1- Allow us to select the armor types we are searching on ( light , medium and heavy ).
2- Give us the option to remove all our transactions from the trading post at once which save our time.

Finally, Can you remove the teleport fee ? If you said that ‘’ This fee force us to explore the map’’ , I tell you that I have already discovered this map ( no need to waste time ).
If you can’t remove it , can you at least reduce it ?
( My gold that I got from events and tasks has been spent on teleport fees(it’s more than 1.5 silver ) !!!

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Adding to this list of ideas I’d suggest the following:

1. Add account wide dyes, this is a big one for me as I’m playing the game and playing different characters I find it a bit disappointing that I can’t have a dye I already earned on said alt or I have to go to the bank place said dye in bank and learn it on my main. Which leads me to my next suggestion
2. Allow us to mail to alts. Why is this not allowed? I get mail is account wide when sent to the account but how come I can’t mail my alt some gold or an item? Why is everything only allowed to be sent through the bank? Which brings me to another problem…
3. The bank is just WAY too small and the cost to get another tab is expensive. For anyone with many alts this is a huge problem because I find myself having to delete or use up things I want to save. Materials I craft take up bag space and I just don’t have the room in my bank to store it.

in Suggestions

Ziggy.7319

Trading Post – I know everyone is all jazzed about the TP and how it currently is but I personally think it lacks character or fore thought.

Socialization – In other TP’s we are able to see who is selling an item and who purchased your items. As a crafter, this is very valuable because over time you can build up both a supply chain for raw materials and a customer base which translates into some really great relationships that can even transcend the game.

Supply vs Demand – Before people accuse me of wanting to “play the market” lets be frank. With the TP global, its near impossible for demand to exceed supply on basic materials which in turn keeps the cost of mid-tier items artificially low as well. As a result many items even some rares are available for 1cp more than vendor prices and likely will never come off that cost. That may sound good to the buyers but the sellers are eventually going to get tired of putting effort into crafting items for little to no profit and stop making them all together. Once that happens the TP will no longer be the Trading Post it will just be the Trash post.

Load Distribution – I’ve been a datacenter manager for over 16 years now. Lets face it whatever is running behind the global TP isnt cutting it. Whether its some fancy GRID DB, an Oracle RAC cluster or a giant monolithic DB, its puking daily. Here we are 3 weeks after release and I cant buy Iron Ore because the listings wont populate again. Thats silly. If we cant get it under control then make the TP world based and distribute the load

Item Expiration – I have items that have been up on the TP for over a week now. If we simply expired the items after 7 days the TP would be able to free up what is clearly needed resources to deal with more recent trades that have infinitely more potential to actually contribute to the economy.

PS. The TP went “down for maintenance” while I was drafting this. EXPIRE STUFF

I second this. the TP is ridiculous.

It is literally idiot proof, and this is actually a problem. as a buyer, yay good for you, but there would be no incentive to sell anything. this is mainly due to undercutters who people who don’t care what they sell for what price so long as they get rid of it. combined with the fact that items don’t expire on the TP it’s going to drive prices down dramatically. so low, you mind as well npc it instead. the prices would not fluctuate at all due to items not expiring and cluttering up the TP and driving prices to an all time low. if an item were to expire say 1-3 days after being posted, it would clear up the TP tremendously, and prevent prices from being artificially lower than they should be. this is because the TP would actually take a little bit of effort, and it would make people actually think about the prices instead of passively selling/buying. yes, theoretically everyone is supposed to think on the margin, but realistically no.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mnwolfboy.9348

mnwolfboy.9348

So many suggestions so not sure if any one has already stated this but I will say it anyways. Please bring back the Color Box thing where you type in a password and the colors that pop up is a clue that you typed in your password correctly. I know some people think its unnecessary, but really I think it was a neat feature. So if I did not want to save my password and wanted to type it, I would know that i miss typed my password by looking at the colors of the box. I never seen it used before in any game I have played accept Guild Wars Beta.

Another feature I would like to see is a enemy radar like in guild wars 1. I would like to see the dots of enemies and have a bubble range like in the first game.

In addition yet another request I would like to see more Guild Administration options as well as split the Admin Permissions option in the guild so that way I could have people invite but not be able to promote or demote. For the guild admin options I would like to see settings for the Guild Bank to set a limit to how much currency and how many items can be taken from the bank. Another Guild Feature I really would love to see is a calendar so you can plan stuff on certain days and every member would be able to see.

And lastly another feature I would like to see is Guild Feats or Achievements. Like “Influince acheivement” for gaining so much influince, or “Money money money” for having so much currency donated to bank, or “Team Effort” for so many guild members partying up together so many times. And special group achievements for those guild members who go into a party to earn. Another maybe Guild vs Guild, which would also earn more achievements. To add on to this, when Guild Halls finally arrive, maybe being able to see these achievements as trophies or statues or something in the Guild Hall, and maybe be able to use influence to actually buy decoration or something for the guild hall.

in Suggestions

Ziggy.7319

I’d like to link this thread in here concerning doing lower level maps at a higher level to actually level since you are scaled to it anyways. (maybe even scale the gold rewards just like dungeons do):
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Scale-XP-to-character-level-but-scale-level-down-lower/first#post91798

"

I agree, I’d love to do an area i haven’t done before and wish to complete it. since you’re leveled down to the appropriate level to the area, you should get a similar exp gain to doing appropriate level stuff. like make it percent based. all it would do is encourage exploration, and leveling will pretty much just unlock newer zones you can do without dying.

they can also scale quest rewards/gold to your level like in dungeons."

in Suggestions

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

Hopefully no one has posted this. Please let me change my account username! Think for 2 seconds and you will see it is a smart choice for security reasons!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stron Magnesson.8017

Stron Magnesson.8017

1. Camera Mode hotkey for RMB-less camera control with mouse.
2. First Person Mode that shows both hands/weapons in action.
3. Crosshairs for Camera Mode so we don’t have to cancel Camera Mode/Let go of the RMB just to aim a ground targeted attack.
4. When the eventual expansion comes out, make Personal Stories more personal. Tie in old characters to the plot again. Make us want to care about them, visit them, go on quests with them, etc…
5. Better rewards for completing Personal Story chapters. Better than blue or green items. Maybe a little more EXP on completion as well. Something to make their completion more rewarding.
6. Fix path blocking to make mountainous areas in the middle of the map more explorable. Even if there’s nothing at the top, it’s nice to have been there and taken that special screen captuer.

(edited by Stron Magnesson.8017)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Baldovin.1392

Baldovin.1392

Hello.

I would really like if arena.net would prolong the character slots for +3. It’s because I would like to play with all 8 professions but with current only five characters slots I can’t. If you could add +3 more I would love you and be everlasting thankful for it !

BTW game is already awesome and keep up the good work, but pls add more character slots. =)

in Suggestions

Posted by: hazza.9278

hazza.9278

I have a good 1

Do not read unless you have passed the level 55 Personal Story Quest in the Order of Whispers
Give me an option like when I have to choose between Quinn and something else, to Tybalt cos i really didnt care about Quinn but tybalt was so awesome, and i'd love to have the option to send everyone of claw island stay behind and save tybalt

So yeah listen to that ^

(edited by hazza.9278)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

About buying Gems with ingame coin.
Instead of asking us how much money we want to spend on buying gems, ask us how many gems we want to buy.
My main concern is this: What if a gem costs, say, 50 copper, and I put 1silver and 75 copper in the box to buy gems, then I get 3 gems, but that would costs me only 1s50c. Then what happens with my 25 copper I put in too much?

Some thought provoking quote

in Suggestions

Posted by: OliShoey.3071

OliShoey.3071

Please Fix Stealth.
By this I mean when a mob or player is channeling a spell at you and you Stealth the channel should be broken just as if you ran out of line of sight.

I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve died because this is the case. I can understand AoE hitting us while we are stealthed. That is perfectly viable. But using stealth while a mob channels at you should not continue to do damage!

in Suggestions

Posted by: RusieQ.8569

RusieQ.8569

Controller Support.

Would help make combat smoother instead of the traditional mouse and keyboard using multiple keys at one time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Character Select Screen Improvements:

• Allow us to organize characters to our liking
  • Items that we are not showing in game should not show at the Character select screen this would be a nice improvement!
  • Fix the glitchiness of Heroes on the Select Screen, I notice my character going about his normal stand there animations and then stop half way through let’s say looking around and go back to staring straight.

(edited by Aevic.9675)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrEpsilon.3480

MrEpsilon.3480

I would like there be a history mode so I could see what would happen if you picked a different option with that character
As to be honest, there’s so many different choices to make, you would need to make hundreds of characters to experience every character creation option, and then on top of different story options in game as well

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moxin Rift.7983

Moxin Rift.7983

Hello.

I would really like if arena.net would prolong the character slots for +3. It’s because I would like to play with all 8 professions but with current only five characters slots I can’t. If you could add +3 more I would love you and be everlasting thankful for it !

BTW game is already awesome and keep up the good work, but pls add more character slots. =)

You do know you can buy them, right? It’s part of their business model. There not a chance they will add more free slots – they do have to make money somehow. If I recall correctly, it’s 800 gems for one slot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vereen Silenthunter.2704

Vereen Silenthunter.2704

My Improvements Suggestion are quite simple (so far)

• Please balance the damage of mobs in explorable Dungeons, most of the critters here can enlist to kill Zhaitan much more effictively than the twig-marshal
  • Give us a training tutorial for combo-ing
  • Add an Icon whenever I am in a combo field
  • Tweak the spawning system so I don’t get cheap shotted by ennemies appearing just behind me.
  • Bring back the skill/equipment template saving fron GW1. Of course, usable only out of battle.
  • A ranking of participation at the end of an Event, Go E-pen!

That’s it for now, I like almost everything in the game.

Edit: Added one

(edited by Vereen Silenthunter.2704)