Gathering Tools

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skylana Bliss.9367

Skylana Bliss.9367

I like the idea of having Various types of tools for the diff lvls of materials to gather. It makes sense! In the real world an experienced painter wouldn’t use dollar store brushes for their better works, but may have some lying around. Maybe those brushes give a particular look and feel and are occasionally used. At higher lvls, in game, I get extremely tired of switching between the diff tiers of tools, but I do it cause I don’t want to toss hard earned money away. Even more annoying is that I have to open my inv. and see which tool is used for what item as my memory is not that great.

I propose this!
Provide, either as a rare crafttable item that’s hard to get or purchasable (to help boost economy which, currently, also sucks) or as a purchase on the BLTC extra slots on the hero equip screen. One for each type of tool in their respective subcategories. i.e. a row for iron tools, one for steel, etc… that way I dont have to remember which is for what or have to constantly switch between them. This is something I would purchase for a small fee on the BLTC.

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

meh my beef with them is the harvesting syle only has 50 uses where everything else has 100

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

meh my beef with them is the harvesting syle only has 50 uses where everything else has 100

Most of the time when you harvest a plant you get 2 or more ingredients, so you get the same amount per sickle as you do per axe or pick.

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

The reason for this is lumber and ore take a charge of your “tools” every swing. Plants are only one “swing” when you harvest them. Lumber and ore are three (or more for rich nodes).

I would just like to be able to buy multiple stacks of a gathering tool and have them stack up as much as I want so I could buy 5 stacks of lumber axes and have a 500 stack equipped. That’s my only real gripe.

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cupid.1796

Cupid.1796

The reason for this is lumber and ore take a charge of your “tools” every swing. Plants are only one “swing” when you harvest them. Lumber and ore are three (or more for rich nodes).

I would just like to be able to buy multiple stacks of a gathering tool and have them stack up as much as I want so I could buy 5 stacks of lumber axes and have a 500 stack equipped. That’s my only real gripe.

Agreed – i hate running around with my inv full and noticing the extra gathering tools taking up space when they should stack.

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: AshadelMG.8634

AshadelMG.8634

Cupid1796

Agreed – i hate running around with my inv full and noticing the extra gathering tools taking up space when they should stack.

I’ve stopped opening up Black Lion Chests for this reason. I have no less than seven sets of Black Lion Logging Axes. Seven stacks of 25. They won’t stack. It drives me mad.

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: katiebour.8794

katiebour.8794

Also could we make gathering tools account-bound rather than soulbound? If I’ve paid for lower-level tools on one character and I’m moving to a higher area, I’d like to be able to pass those tools to another of my lower-level characters, instead of having to “use them up” or lose them.

I can trade money amongst my toons- I can use karma to buy cooking supplies, etc. for other toons. Let me give my other toons lower-level harvesting tools (which I have purchased with either gold or karma), PLEASE.

Also if we harvest an insane number of items, could we get perma-tools? If you need a gold sink they could take damage upon death like armor does… but I’d really like a reward for being a diligent harvester, and also I’d like to not have to buy new tools all the time. A forester doesn’t carry around disposable axes, after all- he carries one, and it takes damage as it’s used.

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Anyone remember the weapon set shortcuts in GW1? I think they were bound to F1-4. Anyway, something like that – buttons in a corner that switch to higher or lower tiers of tools. The buttons could fade out during combat too.

A couple of alternatives: Automation which uses the lowest capable tool you have, or a context menu viewing your in-stock tools when you click “Gather” or hit F. Not only would it save money, but it would help to avoid ruining resources accidentally.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Gathering Tools

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Stacking tools, oh god yes!

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]