Gem Store Armor Skin's

Gem Store Armor Skin's

in Suggestions

Posted by: FindAndSeek.6728

FindAndSeek.6728

If possible I’d like to make a suggestion about the armors in Gemstore.

Would it be possible if after bought they could be made "account wide" like the Radiant or Hellfire armor pieces? I’ve heard alot of people mention this over the past few days and I personally agree with them.
I know I’d buy them all/most of them then but buying more than 1 set of the armors for 500/800gems each is for me and no doubt other people rather costly, with current prices in gem store the armors are 18g/29g per set.

I’d understand if its not possible but in the long run you may end up getting more sales of the armors if people could use them more than once on more than one character.

Just thought I should post, So Thank you for your time.

(P.S. This was posted on the Facebook group originally.)

Miss Find And Seek – Society of Souls [Argh] – Desolation
Yeyyyyy can’t wait for the Expansion and the return of Guild Halls!!!

(edited by FindAndSeek.6728)

Gem Store Armor Skin's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kazera.3162

Kazera.3162

I back this idea.

In GW1 I bought a few of the special outfits (I believe the term was ‘costumes’) and I did that because it was an infinite-copy skin that could also be used on all characters if I chose to use it. There was a special NPC you just ran up to and grabbed the skin from and there you go. There was no set amount of times it could be used, and it could be used on any character at any time. I found this very convenient. Now though, these special armor skins in GW2 are $10 per character, the same price you generally paid for a ‘costume’ in GW1. Yet it’s a one-time use skin, you can only use the full outfit on one character (unless you spread the components across a few, but then it’s an incomplete outfit), and once you finalize the application of it, that’s it. You can’t just go and get another copy of it if you change your mind about something. Unless you want to pay another $10. Let’s say I wanted to put the Magitech Armor on my Ranger and Engineer. That would mean $20. I think it’s a silly system in all honesty, it was more fair, reasonable and convenient in GW1. I mean, if it’s making good money and Arena can’t live without it, then I guess that’s not something anyone can argue with. But we can still dream.

Another thing — since all the armor skins are divided according to armor type (ex: light, medium) I’d imagine that if the skins somehow did become renewable and account wide, it’d be only that specific armor type you paid for. It’d be neat to have packages where you can buy all 3 at once, with a slight bulk discount. In GW1 there were packages like that.

I honestly did not bother with any of the armor skins since launch, seeing as it felt like a waste (and I feed the gem store on a regular lol). Not till last night. I purchased the Magitech skin for my Ranger, and I’m basically only using the coat and pants while the headpiece is going to my Engi and I’ve yet to decide about the rest. In that regard, it’s alright, but it’d be nice to know that I’d be able to pick all pieces up on another medium-armor wearer without paying $10 again.

“From time to time,
there arise among human beings—
People, who seem to exude love as naturally as the sun gives out heat.”

(edited by Kazera.3162)

Gem Store Armor Skin's

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I brought something like this about a few weeks ago. Often I buy the skins for one character but as an alt aholic I often would just like one or two pieces from that set on an alt. I suggested some kind of stone of sorts that could be purchased from the gem store that would allow you to “clone” a piece of the purchased set. I think this would make a nice middle ground. If you buy a set and want a piece or two for an alt you could buy this item, say 150 gems, and clone one piece. At that price if you wanted to clone a whole set it would actually cost more than buying the set. In that case you just buy the whole set. If you just wanted a piece or two to me it would be a good option and I would probably buy the item that could do this often.

The major thing that keeps me from buying other sets for my alts is the price and the fact that I often don’t want a whole set for my alts but just one or two pieces. Of course the ability to clone items with the “tool” I mentioned would be limited to gem store armor skins so people could not clone legendarys and such. Once again i think this would be a good middle ground for people that bought the whole set but don’t necessarily want buy another entire set for an alt. Maybe it is just me but I think it would be a popular item.

The Burninator

Gem Store Armor Skin's

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScottYT.1342

ScottYT.1342

+1 this idea because it is an awesome idea