Gem Store race change

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

Alot of people want this, and its a good opportunity for revenue.

IF storymode is the problem, then just reset the storymode so someone who race changes has to do it all again.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: prism.4982

prism.4982

And get rewards twice? I think not. What about racial skills you might have?

Also could be a programming hurdle.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

This has been a topic for a long time, can we please get an official response on the team’s view on this suggestion?

Thank you.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

This has been talked about… a lot.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Change-race-order-facility/first

Personally, I’m against it.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Allelya.6830

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Change-race-order-facility/first

It supports the game through gem purchases, so im for it. They would be making SOOO much money on this.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

I’m a Norn Warrior. Being the biggest and first target in WvW gets old. I’ve always been against going human in a Fantasy MMO, but as I hate being a small as an Asura even if it has tactical advantage in WvW and I just dislike the Sylvari, I would like to change from Norn to Human.

So I am for this.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirou.4862

Shirou.4862

It supports the game through gem purchases, so im for it. They would be making SOOO much money on this.

And yet it’s basically spitting at GW2’s racial lore and dev’s work to make all the “personal story” thing.
It’s stupid to make something like because of some lazy people.
They won’t get much more profit than thay did with southsun crates or (in my opinion) scary backpacks. If people have enough money to throw them at the screen, they’ll do it anyway.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Allelya.6830

And yet it’s basically spitting at GW2’s racial lore and dev’s work to make all the “personal story” thing.
It’s stupid to make something like because of some lazy people.
They won’t get much more profit than thay did with southsun crates or (in my opinion) scary backpacks. If people have enough money to throw them at the screen, they’ll do it anyway.

How would it be spitting at the gw2’s racial lore? if you race change, just reset the storymode quests, it takes a long time to do and the rewards arent that great anyway, its done for the STORY.

Any money GW2 makes, is a benefit. Calm down man.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

ok, you reset the story and skill. How about the level? You reset that too or you have an instant lvl 80?

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

Ok easy fix.

Gemstore purchase of Race change should happen this way.
1. Reset personal story along with race.
2. Personal story for the race would reset but any Rewards already given wont be given again, so they would have to complete it all over again with no rewards.
3. Toon would remain at the level they were before the reset.
4. Sex would remain the same

Therefore, gem purchases would go up.
People would buy these items in conjunction allowing for further profit.
1. Total Makeover Kits
2. Name Change Contract
3. Transmutation Crystals

Easy profit + Consumer base happy = Good Idea

I agree with this Idea.
Just implement it right.

Edit: I meant to say that I have a Human Ranger, Which I don’t want to delete due to all I have put into it, but I do want a Norn Ranger instead. I literally have no want nor desire to make another ranger since I already have one that was my first toon. I do feel as if my decision for a Human Ranger was wrong, BUT only after I made a Norn and fell in love with the race.

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

(edited by Radio Isotope.3045)

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

Ok easy fix.

Gemstore purchase of Race change should happen this way.
1. Reset personal story along with race.
2. Personal story for the race would reset but any Rewards already given wont be given again, so they would have to complete it all over again with no rewards.
3. Toon would remain at the level they were before the reset.
4. Sex would remain the same

Therefore, gem purchases would go up.
People would buy these items in conjunction allowing for further profit.
1. Total Makeover Kits
2. Name Change Contract
3. Transmutation Crystals

Easy profit + Consumer base happy = Good Idea

I agree with this Idea.
Just implement it right.

Edit: I meant to say that I have a Human Ranger, Which I don’t want to delete due to all I have put into it, but I do want a Norn Ranger instead. I literally have no want nor desire to make another ranger since I already have one that was my first toon. I do feel as if my decision for a Human Ranger was wrong, BUT only after I made a Norn and fell in love with the race.

I’m like inbetween it, since I know ill be stacking on those race change if its like that.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I don’t think they will implement such a thing because the leveling time is very short in this game so anyone who gets bored of a character can easily make a new one.
The price for a new slot would be the same as for this race change kit.

Attachments:

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: griff.7410

griff.7410

I hate pve and I have no more patience to gain lvl and no time for it that’d only like to change my race, still do not see why not to choose in this game, the personal history itself serves only to gain experience and nothing more ja the set and so follow the ideas above will not tell me who are going to launch this choice when you launch a expanção it would be stupid and losing even more money with 2 competitors to come in the area of mmorpg,

just put it in the game does not have to be so not in the game yet.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

2 competitors to come in the area of mmorpg,

just put it in the game does not have to be so not in the game yet.

Is one of these ESO? if yes, you will be totally disappointed by it. You will “hate” leveling in there a lot more. If you ever play it, I bet you wont be able to get to max level in 50-60h and I bet there is no class / race changer either

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teletric.1980

Teletric.1980

I’m personally against this because this will most likely never happen. Seriously, don’t post suggestions without thinking it through. This is PAY2WIN!!!!!! ArenaNet doesn’t do Pay2Win.

This is a signature. You have read this because
you thought there would be something “clever”
or “funny” in this signature. You thought wrong.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: griff.7410

griff.7410

Always going to have competition and other mmorpgs already have it change race, do not care for any mmorpg since lvl and lost time leveling since what matters and play with their friends, and after a month of game everyone is lvl 80 with all items and leveling the ground so you bored, this happens in all current games and to come, I’d rather pay for race change instead of wasting time doing something you hate as pve repetitive (yes already had 5 char lvl 80 ) and WvWvW and impossible to level without talking down to lvl so disrupts summarizing and kitten leveling the same class just to change race without mentioning the loss of items and time that should have taken playing with my friends in game.

If I want to put a list of games that already use it.

Yes change the race and unlike p2win anyway if I change from human to damage my charr and my hp will not change anything, it’s called cosmetic.

Question: Where do you prefer to spend your life 60h farm event (yes and so everyone take lvl today) 60h or doing something you like?

I’d rather spend where I like.

(edited by griff.7410)

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

I’m personally against this because this will most likely never happen. Seriously, don’t post suggestions without thinking it through. This is PAY2WIN!!!!!! ArenaNet doesn’t do Pay2Win.

Buy gold/armor is “Pay2Win” not race change!

• GW2 not pay2win! and race change go heppen!

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I say no to race change. You people can spend the 60 hours to level an alt easily. Hell, if you know the way to get a crafting skill to level 400 in under a few hours, you can gain 20+ levels from that alone. It’s not hard to max out level in this game, yet you want an easier way? Get out.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

+1 for race change.

I’m not sure how the cultural armor will fit though…but seriously if you don’t like race change….idk….don’t use it? Or are you that power hungry that you want ppl to do exactly what you do regardless as to whether or not it has any effect on you. Game doesn’t have faction v faction so pvp won’t be affected, it won’t inflate the economy, it won’t make people you party with worse gamers….it literally has no effect on you what-so-ever if you’re against it….so….why does it bother you? My only conclusion is you’re a selfish little child and people like you don’t matter.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zwiebelchen.7950

Zwiebelchen.7950

+1 for race change!
You could just reset personal storyto 0 and let ppl redo it.
Cultural armor sets could be changed to the other race aswell, dont see a problem here since all races have t1 till t3.

For some rerolling the class a second time just istn worth it if you have legendary for example or full culture set.

It doesn’t effect the gameplay at all and would only make the player himself happy to have their race of choice.

(edited by Zwiebelchen.7950)

Gem Store race change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Sadly, i doubt we’ll ever see a race change option appearing in the gem store as you can either level an alt or, if you’ve no slots left, buy another character slot in order to do so.
So, why don’t players do just that?
It’s because it’s boring, that’s why.
For that reason alone, Anet should sit up and start taking notice as to what their playerbase really wants…and then do something about it.