Gem store is it being under used/sold

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mark.1753

Mark.1753

Before i start let me explain why im creating this post. I really enjoy this game have played it since launch and some of the beta and i would like to continue playing it for a while to come. But the future of the game rest purelly in the sales of gems and the use of the gem store which is why i feel not enough effort is being put into this at the moment.
Yes you have been haveing sales on specific items and you stuck a load of street cloths in but that doesnt come close to what i believe should be for sale. Heres a list of things me and my mates think would be good to have in there on a point of view we would like this game to keep funding new content.

ARMOUR AND WEAPON SKINS Im supprised that the store is not flooded with these maybe you could put past event skins in like halloween ones or just create totally new new weapon and armour skins or a different route would be list every armour set in the game so people could purchase straight from store.

BOOSTS I know there is a few there already at 50% for a hour but why not add more options like a day or even a week and could be a option for say 50% xp gain for a week on your acount rather than single character.

RACE CHANGE Suprised this one isnt in already i think a lot of people would go for it i see it asked for often enough. Yes you can say what do they do about story well easiest way i could think would be reset it. I know a lot of people i play with would not be bothered about looseing story progress.

NAME CHANGE Same as above not sure why its not in already think they quite a few people who would like to change.

BLACK LION KEYS This is more a change to price than a addition i have a massive amount of chest but refuse to buy the keys at the current price if it was more reasonable like 20 keys for the current price of one then maybe i would but more of them but at the moment can say i would feel like im being mugged of if i bought them.

BAG/BANK Upgrades maybe there could be a reduced price if you fully upgrade at once rather than one at a time.
Im sure there are loads of items/services people could think of that would sell well why not list them reply with your ideas hopefully we keep mentioning these things devolpers might start listening.

I know there will be some people that disagree with adding some things but im coming at this from a point of view that i would like to see the game continue to do well and continue to produce new content.

One last note i dont think we need anymore street clothing as when im in lionsarch i never see anyone wearing that stuff so dont imagine it sells to well please just add stuff people want you must read the forums there are plenty of the same things mentioned over and over that players actually want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Odius.4705

Odius.4705

Before i start let me explain why im creating this post. I really enjoy this game have played it since launch and some of the beta and i would like to continue playing it for a while to come. But the future of the game rest purelly in the sales of gems and the use of the gem store which is why i feel not enough effort is being put into this at the moment.
Yes you have been haveing sales on specific items and you stuck a load of street cloths in but that doesnt come close to what i believe should be for sale. Heres a list of things me and my mates think would be good to have in there on a point of view we would like this game to keep funding new content.

ARMOUR AND WEAPON SKINS Im supprised that the store is not flooded with these maybe you could put past event skins in like halloween ones or just create totally new new weapon and armour skins or a different route would be list every armour set in the game so people could purchase straight from store.

BOOSTS I know there is a few there already at 50% for a hour but why not add more options like a day or even a week and could be a option for say 50% xp gain for a week on your acount rather than single character.

RACE CHANGE Suprised this one isnt in already i think a lot of people would go for it i see it asked for often enough. Yes you can say what do they do about story well easiest way i could think would be reset it. I know a lot of people i play with would not be bothered about looseing story progress.

NAME CHANGE Same as above not sure why its not in already think they quite a few people who would like to change.

BLACK LION KEYS This is more a change to price than a addition i have a massive amount of chest but refuse to buy the keys at the current price if it was more reasonable like 20 keys for the current price of one then maybe i would but more of them but at the moment can say i would feel like im being mugged of if i bought them.

BAG/BANK Upgrades maybe there could be a reduced price if you fully upgrade at once rather than one at a time.
Im sure there are loads of items/services people could think of that would sell well why not list them reply with your ideas hopefully we keep mentioning these things devolpers might start listening.

I know there will be some people that disagree with adding some things but im coming at this from a point of view that i would like to see the game continue to do well and continue to produce new content.

One last note i dont think we need anymore street clothing as when im in lionsarch i never see anyone wearing that stuff so dont imagine it sells to well please just add stuff people want you must read the forums there are plenty of the same things mentioned over and over that players actually want.

I agree 100% with your premise, but I do dispute some of the details.

-Armor/Weapon Skins: More town style clothes should be added, but they need to be careful they don’t release armor sets that exist through other means. For example, you shouldn’t be able to buy dungeon armor. Second, they need to make ALL gem store armors collectable. People don’t have inventory space… the gem store, to be 100% effective, should never have a single drawback to a player such as eating up inventory space.

-Boosts: I’m for more boosts. I think they should reduce the price though. I would buy some XP boosts for my alts, but right now they are just too expensive for what they offer. You should get like a 5 pack for 100 gems IMO.

-Race change: I know some people want this, but I think it is harder to implement since many story items (and dialogue I think) are tied to race. If they can do it easily, sure.

-Name change: They have confirmed this is “coming soon”.

-Black Lion Keys: I agree with you, make them cheaper and I will buy them up! I would like a 10 pack for 100 gems.

-Bag/Bank: I disagree with you here. These are one time purchases, and I think the slots they offer without purchase is reasonable. Keep them as they are, but raise the cap on bank slots.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mark.1753

Mark.1753

Thanks for reply the things i mentioned were just a few things that came off top of my head i bet we could make it pages long of things they could add that would sell good it just bugs me when i look at it and see so little on there and this is were future content is going to get funded from you would think they would put loads of stuff in there not the few bits of novelty crap that keeps poping up

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnattsol.4503

Midnattsol.4503

-Armor/Weapon Skins

Guild Wars 2 is possibly one of the very few games I want to keep supporting, and I want to buy Gems for Armour and Weapon skins, and for some reason Anet doesn’t seem all that interested in updating the store with more cosmetic items people desperately want.

It’s getting tiring looking at the same weapons and armour for months now. Really hoping that they take notice of this and flood that store with great looking armour/weapon skins. They have no idea how that will benefit them, and us at the same time (Of course keep the Gem price of these items reasonable…)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

I think the armor skins should be an account wide option unlock versus a consumable item like in GW1. I don’t know why this changed but I refuse the ever buy any until they go back to this!

I completely agree I don’t know who set the prices on the cash shop items. It looks more like they looked at other MMO’s cash shop prices and set it to a similar ridiculous amount. I refuse to buy from them and the same will happen with GW2. It isn’t event about the total amount of money I am spending it is more about how much am I spending for each item that bothers me! I will never buy Black Lion Keys at the current price or even 20% less….Just not good enough! They need to be much much cheaper. I HATE random boxes in the first place and when they have a low chance of good stuff they are just a waste of money! So drop rate of valuable item needs to happen also.

I absolutely don’t understand the point of limiting Bank slots so much. this is in my opinion there best way to make money and they severely limit it. And if it is a server side issue at the very least make more bank slots rentable! Plus why not more collectable tabs! People love to collect things…Everything and should be able to! I don’t want 1 legendary but I want them all and I don’t want 1 armor set I want them all…etc… but with current inventory space this is not possible. There should be a tab that unlock use of certain armor type, even their sub types like berserker, cleric etc… Not a physical Item I have to store. Storage should be for odd items and multiples. Stack size should also be increased to 999 at least. No additional server space but 4 times the space for me.

I don’t understand the point of town clothes. I don’t want to hang out in town for no reason or just to show off my ability to waste money. I want something I can show off anywhere I go in the game. Town stuff was great for GW1 because the towns were the only place you could see other people and the only place you could sell anything. With open world and auction house hanging out in town is now pointless!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnattsol.4503

Midnattsol.4503

Town Clothing is a waste is some ways. To look cute, or something is one thing, and I imagine the earmuffs and bunny ears sell well. People don’t seem to care about that stuff to go really crazy on it, however.

I suppose an addition every now and then is fine, but what Anet really needs to start putting in that Gem Store is, well… Armour and Weapon skins.

Those Black Lion keys could also do with a price drop. They’ll sell like hotcakes in a larger bundle at a good price. People have more then a dozen of those chests collecting up space. Me in particular.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sparky Sights.9174

Sparky Sights.9174

I’d rather see the town clothing changed to costumes so we can wear them while in combat, just like in GW1

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I will never, ever spend a dime on Town Clothes. I suspect many others are the same way.

I’d happily buy some good-looking, non-spiky, non-kitteny armor skins, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tombprince.8179

Tombprince.8179

There is another suggestion to boost gem sales for real money, which I have seen on cough other MMo’s. The purchase of greater ammounts of gems leading to decreased costs, either as a bonus to gems or a discount to their cost. Which would also lead to promotional codes to be used for aditional gems/discount.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mihaele.1873

Mihaele.1873

I totally agree. Honestly, my biggest gripe with this game is skins – I don’t want town clothes, I want armor skins. I’m an avid caster, and I really really reeeally dislike almost every form of cloth female character skin in this entire game. I would very much be willing to pay good money for a battle skin of a beautiful, flowing mage robe or even a fancy full gown for a character. I’m just tired of my female characters having to look really ‘provocative’ or just having an unexplainably large amount of open gaps in their armor, and I’m really disappointed thus far that no promising armor skins have shown up at all in the store yet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I agree mostly, but not about keys. I think they could be lowered a bit, but from what I’ve seen you end up getting way more rewards than what you put in. So making the keys 5 or 10 for 100 gems.. would make all other items obsolete. As it is now I end up with a few salvage kits every 5 keys or so. Those are 300 gems EACH. 5keys/450 gems and if you get 2 salvage kits, you just made it seem pretty pointless to buy them outright. So imagine if they were 5/100gems… Anet would make no money at all.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I agree, why can’t we get more than 1 set of armour and there are no weapon skins. Come on ANet let me buy stuff and give you money!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sadranis.1738

Sadranis.1738

The problem with lowering the price of keys is that it would have a direct effect on the entire GW economy. Using Mark’s example, if with the normal 5 keys for 450 gems you get 2 salvage kits, you have already made a 33% gain(although since you did not receive gems directly this could be considered relative). If you then use both kits to salvage rare 80 gear and get say 62 ectos(I’ll just stick with the more notable reward from salvaging for this example, I created an average with information from this thread, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/BL-S-Kits-vs-Master-Kits-Results-Ectos) , at the current selling price that’s approximately 18.6g, which you could then trade in for 1000 gems(more than twice your initial investment). Those gems could then be turned into more keys and you could just repeat this procedure. Now since the chance of getting BL kits is fairly slim(at least in my own experience) and you must compare this across all players, you can see how this doesn’t cause any problems(gains by some players are countered by losses from others). Imagine if the price was lowered, you could potentially make massive gains by buying a lot of keys at this new price(and more players would be able to get positive returns), making huge gains which would cover your initial investment many times over, and reinvesting. Given a good amount of luck you could infinitely continue to make a positive return, flooding the GW economy(in regards to both the in game market and gem market). Then consider the fact that ectos are not the only thing you get from salvaging.

After writing the previous paragraph I also realized you could potentially make a positive return by buying the BL kits directly(however given the chance of getting ectos this could not be guaranteed).

I would also like to say that even in this case Anet would in fact make money because all they have to cover is the initial implementation cost(which would involve coding and designing the market interface/transaction procedure, undoubtedly not much in monetary terms) and maintenance. I can almost guarantee they have already more than made their money back. The only noticeable effect would be seen in the in the player economy.

As for the rest of the proposed suggestion I see no problems.

(I do not believe I made any errors but if you do see any please point them out. )

EDIT: Actually I should have said regarding possible flooding of the gem market that this would only happen if Anet changed prices depending on this variable(which would probably not be the case considering this isn’t real life).

Ryhziq(Necro) Falliq(Ele) Lucretzia Fel(Guardian)
Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Sadranis.1738)

in Suggestions

Odius.4705

The problem with lowering the price of keys is that it would have a direct effect on the entire GW economy. Using Mark’s example, if with the normal 5 keys for 450 gems you get 2 salvage kits, you have already made a 33% gain(although since you did not receive gems directly this could be considered relative). If you then use both kits to salvage rare 80 gear and get say 62 ectos(I’ll just stick with the more notable reward from salvaging for this example, I created an average with information from this thread, https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/BL-S-Kits-vs-Master-Kits-Results-Ectos) , at the current selling price that’s approximately 18.6g, which you could then trade in for 1000 gems(more than twice your initial investment). Those gems could then be turned into more keys and you could just repeat this procedure. Now since the chance of getting BL kits is fairly slim(at least in my own experience) and you must compare this across all players, you can see how this doesn’t cause any problems(gains by some players are countered by losses from others). Imagine if the price was lowered, you could potentially make massive gains by buying a lot of keys at this new price(and more players would be able to get positive returns), making huge gains which would cover your initial investment many times over, and reinvesting. Given a good amount of luck you could infinitely continue to make a positive return, flooding the GW economy(in regards to both the in game market and gem market). Then consider the fact that ectos are not the only thing you get from salvaging.

After writing the previous paragraph I also realized you could potentially make a positive return by buying the BL kits directly(however given the chance of getting ectos this could not be guaranteed).

I would also like to say that even in this case Anet would in fact make money because all they have to cover is the initial implementation cost(which would involve coding and designing the market interface/transaction procedure, undoubtedly not much in monetary terms) and maintenance. I can almost guarantee they have already more than made their money back. The only noticeable effect would be seen in the in the player economy.

(I do not believe I made any errors but if you do see any please point them out. )

EDIT: Actually I should have said regarding possible flooding of the gem market that this would only happen if Anet changed prices depending on this variable(which would probably not be the case considering this isn’t real life).

When I suggested the keys be lowered in price, it was just a “for instance”. In my opinion, ALL consumables in the gem store are way overpriced. Maybe I’m in the minority and a lot of people buy them up, but I personally won’t because they are just too expensive. If they lowered the price of keys, they would have to lower everything else accordingly.

I’m sure the business side of Anet has to have run some numbers to find the point where they maximize their profits the most with consumables in terms of price vs. volume. I would hope they have them priced at that sweet spot, but I really just don’t know a lot of people that spend money on the consumables. But the ones I do know that do, they spend A LOT.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weebitt.3157

Weebitt.3157

Yep, weapon and armor skins. Costume clothes that you can wear in combat and “collection storage” for them, and you’d have a ton of sales. It boggles my mind that they haven’t come up with this on their own.

I won’t buy keys, unless they are cheap, and I mean cheap

in Suggestions

Odius.4705

Yep, weapon and armor skins. Costume clothes that you can wear in combat and “collection storage” for them, and you’d have a ton of sales. It boggles my mind that they haven’t come up with this on their own.

I won’t buy keys, unless they are cheap, and I mean cheap

I know they probably won’t ever go back now, but I really think is was a mistake for them to keep town clothing and normal armor separate. If somebody wants to transmute their exotic berserker helm onto some aviator glasses, I say let them!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sadranis.1738

Sadranis.1738

When I suggested the keys be lowered in price, it was just a “for instance”. In my opinion, ALL consumables in the gem store are way overpriced. Maybe I’m in the minority and a lot of people buy them up, but I personally won’t because they are just too expensive. If they lowered the price of keys, they would have to lower everything else accordingly.

I’m sure the business side of Anet has to have run some numbers to find the point where they maximize their profits the most with consumables in terms of price vs. volume. I would hope they have them priced at that sweet spot, but I really just don’t know a lot of people that spend money on the consumables. But the ones I do know that do, they spend A LOT.

I don’t disagree with you at all regarding the current prices, the value I would get from the items for me is less than I would have put in.

If they lowered all the prices they would also have to adjust the gold/gem exchange rate as well or the player economy would see a massive influx of gold, which would upset a lot of people. I’m not saying this isn’t an obvious requirement if prices were lowered, just thought I’d mention it.

Ryhziq(Necro) Falliq(Ele) Lucretzia Fel(Guardian)
Stormbluff Isle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

-Armor/Weapon Skins: More town style clothes should be added, but they need to be careful they don’t release armor sets that exist through other means. For example, you shouldn’t be able to buy dungeon armor. Second, they need to make ALL gem store armors collectable. People don’t have inventory space… the gem store, to be 100% effective, should never have a single drawback to a player such as eating up inventory space.

-Boosts: I’m for more boosts. I think they should reduce the price though. I would buy some XP boosts for my alts, but right now they are just too expensive for what they offer. You should get like a 5 pack for 100 gems IMO.

-Race change: I know some people want this, but I think it is harder to implement since many story items (and dialogue I think) are tied to race. If they can do it easily, sure.

-Black Lion Keys: I agree with you, make them cheaper and I will buy them up! I would like a 10 pack for 100 gems.

-Bag/Bank: I disagree with you here. These are one time purchases, and I think the slots they offer without purchase is reasonable. Keep them as they are, but raise the cap on bank slots.

RACE CHANGE: About the race change, all Arenanet would really have to do is just start you from the very beginning of that race’s storyline, for example let’s say I’m level 80 and entirely done with my races storyline(let’s say human) and I switch to norn, well it would start me out at the very first mission of the norn race storyline but I would still be level 80. It’s that simple.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

RACE CHANGE: About the race change, all Arenanet would really have to do is just start you from the very beginning of that race’s storyline, for example let’s say I’m level 80 and entirely done with my races storyline(let’s say human) and I switch to norn, well it would start me out at the very first mission of the norn race storyline but I would still be level 80. It’s that simple.

But that would be pointless. You would be Op in all the stories etc, might as well start you back at level1. But that would be exactly the same as just making an alt…

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ent.1026

Ent.1026

i’d love to see mounts – yes, i said the evil ‘m’ word- available through the gem store. in some games, mounts provide additional inventory space. the size of a mount’s ‘bags’ can vary depending on the type/size/price of the mount. no, they don’t have to increase speed. if they do at all, they could simply provide the standard 25% speed boost available to every class anyway.
just a thought. ~cue the ‘there will never be mounts!’ rants~