Gem store skins like achievement skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Since the gem store skins are a one time use, and you have to use a transmutation stone to move that skin from one item to the next, it can be very easy to accidently sell or salvage an item with that skin and lose it.

My idea is have the gem store skins like the achievement skins, where you can get another one from your achievement panel, but still have the transmutation stone requirement in order to use it. This way your customers do not accidently lose their store bought skins, and the Gem store still gets the sales from the transmutation stones. Really is best of both worlds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

It’s the best of both worlds for you and I, sure. But what does this do for Anet besides lose them potential revenue?

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

It’s the best of both worlds for you and I, sure. But what does this do for Anet besides lose them potential revenue?

I had a friend who accidently salvaged his weapon with a store skin on it. He got with customer service and they were able to give him the skin back. It cost Anet money for that service agent to do all of that. My idea would actually save them money by taking out one other reason for people to contact customer service.

So there is no potential revenue loss for Anet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Yeah exactly. It saves ArenaNet time and it also makes the customers happy.
The perfect deal.

in Suggestions

Jrunyon.3012

Edited:

There is plenty of potential loss for Anet. Myself and other have bought multiple instances of a certain skin. Having a system like the achievement skins will make it so that only one skin need ever be purchased by each person. This is revenue loss. I can almost guarantee that the benefit of one time use skins far outweigh the use as many times as you want skin simply because it is the route that Anet has chosen. I am sure they have considered all of the alternatives already, many times over. They also have a resident economist who is obviously very experienced in the field. There may come a time when they see that sales are diminishing, and they may very well implement such an idea, but saying that there is NO potential for revenue loss is just being ignorant.

Nesmee – Thief

(edited by Jrunyon.3012)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

There is also potential revenue gain. I haven’t bought any gem store skins because they are a one time use. There have been, still are, and will be skins that I like and would want to get but won’t because I can only use it once. If I can do it with skins that I am wasting their money on (powering the servers, new FREE content to play but cost them money to develop) then why can’t I do the same with items I’m buying?

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Make it cost a transmutation stone/crystal to bind it to a piece of equipment. More people will buy those and they can earn their money that way as well.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

You’re absolutely and completely wrong. The fact that you don’t see that makes me think I’m wasting my time so I won’t reply again.

Instead of giving such a rude response, why not actually state your position and the reasons for your position. I gave reasons for my position, and all you can do is make a rude comment back. So unless you can actually state the reason for your position, it is safe to say that you have nothing to back up your position. People who make rude comments like that for absolutely no reason, cause I wasn’t rude to you and I stated the reasons for my position, have no interest in having conversations at all, and generally have nothing to backup their position.

So yes, please do not respond if you have nothing to back up your position and only have unwarranted rude comments. You did absolutely nothing for this conversation, you added nothing.

(edited by eisberg.2379)

in Suggestions

Jrunyon.3012

So yes, please do not respond if you have nothing to back up your position and only have unwarranted rude comments. You did absolutely nothing for this conversation, you added nothing.

It was wrong of me to respond to you that way and I apologize. I have updated my post with my view on the topic.

Nesmee – Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pache.9406

Pache.9406

Actually anet doesn’t help you AT ALL. I deleted a character and had no choice but to delete the skin since it was soulbound (there was no transmutation splitter at that time). A skin I spent $10 on, mind you. All the help I got was, “we’re sorry we can’t help you”. Which is complete BS because they’re very capable of giving me back the armor and it probably wouldn’t take them more than 20 mins doing it. Then to make things worse, I asked nicely if there was any plans in the future to have an NPC who you could talk to to regain those items (ala costume merchant in GW1), or through something like the achievement panel. And again, all the majestic help I got was, “no, we’re not working on anything to improve that in the future, please feel free to ask for help if you have any other problem”. Really? I’ve been playing GW since May 2006 (that’s more than 7 years!), and I’ve never had a single problem with anet, and the first time I ask for help with something I know for a fact, they can fix, it won’t cost them a dime, and they can do it in less than 5 mins, all I got was a mediocre apology that basically said “scr3w you, for playing and supporting our game for all these years”. Anyways rant over, now I know there HAS been instances were they have gave the item back (in other words they pretty much lied to me), so I’ll just have to submit another “OH MA GAWD HALP ME PAH LEASEEEEEEE”, letter, and keep doing it until they give me back my stuff. ;D BTW +1, I’d give a +100 but I can’t.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Piecekeeper.4361

Piecekeeper.4361

I’m against this idea. I mean, it would be awesome and I would actually start buying gem store skins, but I do understand why they should be one use.

Although, now that I think of it, I have a different solution. Have both one use and infinite versions, the infinite versions would work in the achievement panel. Then lower the price of one use versions to, oh, I dunno, about 2/3rds the current price, and make the infinite versions cost 50% more to double the current price.

OR! Maybe they could use those resources to make achievement related skins work in the achievement panel instead! Please please please!

Seriously, if they added ways to get permanent skins like this, I would change my primary focus to find a way to get every permanent skin that can be used. I would love it soooo much.

(edited by Piecekeeper.4361)