Gem subscription

Gem subscription

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elm.8169

Elm.8169

Maybe this is an unfounded concern, but I have been slightly worried about the profitability of GW2. The gem store promotions seem to be getting somewhat more aggressive and some of the items (mainly the flame armors) seemed to have been released on a quick schedule. Whenever I see someone proudly declare that they have spent nothing on the gem store since the release (not that there is anything wrong with that), I really feel the gap in steady income for GW2 compared to other subscription-based MMOs.

I’d imagine the overhead for GW2 isn’t exactly low with the constant server expansions and the living story updates, and if we are even going to think about getting an expansion in the future, I feel like it would be good idea to create some incentive to spend money on the game.

Obviously, instating a blanket subscription fee policy is unthinkable as is doing the whole free player vs. subscriber benefit segregation.

So, I was thinking maybe if having an automatic monthly gem purchase subscription could be an option. This isn’t a very polished idea, but maybe we could have subscriptions where the subscribers automatically pay ~$15 and receive that much gems and a gem store perk. The sort of perk I was thinking about were maybe receiving few black lion keys, random skin reward, or small discount on gem store purchases every month. The idea is to encourage people who regularly spend $ on the store or those who are considering it to participate and help generate a steady stream of funds.
Thanks

Gem subscription

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

No. There is no reason for a subscription in any form. If Anet were concerned with profitability, they would be churning out expansions by now instead of putting more fluff items in the gen store.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Gem subscription

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anet earned 175 million so far with GW2, i doubt its not profitable enough

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Gem subscription

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mora.3967

Mora.3967

There are already perks for purchasing gems.

Gem subscription

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

judging from the last set of financial reports from NCSoft, GW2 is making almost as much money per quarter as WoW.

I don’t think you have much to worry about.