Gems as Rewards

Gems as Rewards

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

I for one would love to see Gems as rewards for things in game … given the cost of things (200-1000gems) I would love to see something like
Champion chests and regular fractals offer like a chance of 1-5 gems
Dungeons offer a chance of 5-10 gems
Dragons and big fractal bosses offer a chance of 8-12 gems
While there is no denying the ability to do these things for gold then buy the gems with the gold. There is just something about the idea of getting gems from a chest. I think this would defiantly add incentive to complete dungeons, fractals and dragons again.

Gems as Rewards

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

What a great idea! I’m sure Anet would be delighted to slit their own throats by giving away what they currently charge money for!

Look for this to happen the day Sasquatch is found.

:)

Gems as Rewards

in Suggestions

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

You get gems every 5k for achievements, 400 gems +

Gems as Rewards

in Suggestions

Posted by: yurdun.2501

yurdun.2501

they can also give us a gem node in our home instance, and do what they did with charged quartz crystals, every 25 gem fragments gets you 1 gem, i know this is not much considering what things cost but its one way they can add gem collection to the game and not really hurt their profit.

Gems as Rewards

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I for one would love to see Gems as rewards for things in game … given the cost of things (200-1000gems) I would love to see something like
Champion chests and regular fractals offer like a chance of 1-5 gems
Dungeons offer a chance of 5-10 gems
Dragons and big fractal bosses offer a chance of 8-12 gems
While there is no denying the ability to do these things for gold then buy the gems with the gold. There is just something about the idea of getting gems from a chest. I think this would defiantly add incentive to complete dungeons, fractals and dragons again.

As much as I wouldn’t complain if that happened. There’s no chance.

Also, all of those things already have incentives.

You want to reward champ farming even more? It already is the fastest way to make money (besides tp flipping). The QD circuit is what, 7-10min? for 5 champs? Every hour giving people 6-30 gems is insane.

Dungeon speed runs are still the 2nd fastest way to make money (don’t know exactly where the fractals fit into the mix), and the fastest way for fragments.

The Dragons (including Golem, but excluding Teq) are the best ways to get dragonite ore, but I’d still argue take a bit too long ever since they were buffed.

Besides based on the gem —> gold exchange rate (100 gems sells for 6 g 41), suddenly 10 dungeon runs goes from giving ~10g + drops to ~16g + drops.
--—————

Whenever things are added you need to consider both the average player and also the grinders. I’m sure there are people who do 5+ dungeon runs a day. There are hoards of people who do most world bosses each day. People run the champ farm for hours every day. Look at how bad things got because of the inflation from the several months of farming LS events (QP, QG, invasions).

More money is already pumped into this game every day than is destroyed. Gold —> gems is most likely the biggest gold sink in the game (at least I assume it’s bigger than the tp fees). Your suggestion would eliminate the need to ever do it again.

Gems as Rewards

in Suggestions

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I could see gems as a reward for completing the monthly meta, but not for anything else.

The goal of gems is to get you to pay money and keep the servers running and the content flowing. If they make it possible to farm gems in game at any kind of non-horrible rate, they will only cause themselves to go out of business.

A small stipend of gems for doing the monthly meta each month could result in more gem sales, as you would get enough gems to make you want to buy something, but not enough to afford it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Gems as Rewards

in Suggestions

Posted by: samanosuke.4508

samanosuke.4508

There was a time when PvP rewarded gems so don’t rule out the possibility.

(edited by samanosuke.4508)