Gemstore Incentives

Gemstore Incentives

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Where are they?
800 gems for 8.50GBP – 8000 gems for 85.00GBP
Honestly, where’s the incentive to spend at all?
I’ve used the store before, mainly to buy armor skins, and would probably use it more if there were more incentives to do so like, say, reusable armor skins that could be applied to characters of the same armor class – think GW1 costumes and your on the right track.
I currently have 6 characters – 4 @ 80 & 2 fast approaching – if i were to buy phoenix armor for the 3 light armor wearers…that’s 25.50GBP !
Not to mention the amount spent on transmutation stones as one of those characters is still below 80.
TBH, id rather spend the money on a subscription based MMO rather than slap it in the hands of ‘fagin-esque’ A-net.
Want people to spend money?
1. Provide promotions, like bonus gems.
2. Don’t limit what players can buy – limited duration offers mean limited income.
3. Don’t limit items once they’re bought.
It’s pretty simple.

Gemstore Incentives

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

and don’t cheat away money, $10,- is still (taken in account for VAT and rounding it up) €9,50.
i don’t know how much it is in GBP so i can’t judge but if they also get cheated then i say, they need to correct the prices.

Gemstore Incentives

in Suggestions

Posted by: chucky.4798

chucky.4798

1. Yes you are right, they could provide bonus gems for bigger amount buy.
Nice gesture when they reward you with a small amount of gift for your support, the bonus gem would be that.
2. Limited duration = u must buy now, if u want it. That is a greatest incentive. Unfortunately
Just like the living world is, u must play now or u miss it.

The problem with the gem is not the incentive.

The problems are
- Impact on the in-game economy. That was a big mistake.
You can buy/sell gems in-game. You can sell items (the u bought for gems). That was a bigger mistake.
- There are not just cosmetic stuffs in the gem store. That was a bigger mistake.
- Pay to win, pay to play easier. (Infinite continoue coin) That way will the biggest mistake.

gold <→ trade post <→ gem (best-selling trendy stuff)
inflation

If you want to buy the gem store items in-game. The game will job, grind for money.
If you want to buy the gem store items for real money, during a year, you pay more money than for an MMO with subscription fee.

Here the releases all about the money, the gem store. Few play, more grind, tons of money for gemstore items. But if you pay more than for an MMO with subscription fee, we would like more play, less grind.
All content are decorated around the gem store.