Generic Suggestions to help with Alts

in Suggestions

Posted by: baronaaron.7402

baronaaron.7402

I have only been playing for a while but I love the game. I have three 80’s with several alt’s including a thief that is at 40 but moving along very slowly. I have a few suggestions I’d like to make and I apologize if some have already been made.

Waypoint Discovery for Alts – I’m almost finished with map discovery (stupid WvW maps) and it is a bummer than I have to rediscover every single waypoint again. I’d like to see the following system. Once any character gets to level 80, all characters on the account have access to the waypoints in the capital cities. Once any character discovers 100% of the map, all waypoints are available to the characters on the account. Yes there may be some loss of experience from the discovery of those waypoints but I think it is a great tradeoff.

Dungeon Token Exchange – I have tokens for dungeons that I just wont use. I don’t plan to go back to some of the dungeons and even if I did, most rewards are not useful on my alt given that I already have a few 80’s now. Give us an option to do something with those tokens such as trading them for other tokens (combining), using them to buy crystals, or add things that we can buy with these tokens.

Skill Point Purchased Items – I’d like to see this account bound versus soul bound. In a recent purchase decision I had the skill points with my main but wanted to use my alt to farm a few for leveling, fun, and exploration. I was disappointed that my only option was on my main and luckily I had the right number of skill points.

DPS Meter – From reading the forums and chatting with others, I assume there are reasons why you don’t want to open up the game with an API. I really want to use addons but I’m going to assume that no matter how much I cry about it, the probability is low that I will get that. However; can we please put in a DPS meter so that I can play around with different builds and equipment combinations? It is something that I miss and is something that I loved to mess around with. It is a common topic that comes up with I chat with old guild mates from other games.

Travel – For the love of all the game gods out there, please put in faster modes of travel. It is one of the most frustrating parts of the game. The waypoints are great but I’m 80 now. Can I please have a mount or a faster way to travel?

Waypoint Travel – Once I get a zone fully discovered, it would be great to reduce or remove the travel costs inside that zone. Especially given the lack of any kind of faster travel in the game.

Again, just suggestions.

Many of them seem to already be out there but I wanted to express my opinions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Agreed on the DPS Meter. Along the same vein, if it could track things like HPS and maybe even boon uptime, that’d be great.

I’ve heard the argument many times that DPS Meters would ruin the game because of the elitism it arguably fosters, but one look at GW2LFG and one can see that elitism is already alive and well. As per the common saying, DPS Meters aren’t elitist; people are elitist.

My guild already has a DPS calculator, but the results are more theoretical (assuming perfect uptime on all cooldowns) than anything. It would be nice to be able to track ones personal performance from run to run. It would also help clear up a lot of the misinformation re: skill performance in the game.