Get rid of the constant diminishing returns throughout the game!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

The new anti-farming, anti-event, anti-dungeon reward changes have made the game into a massive time sink in order to actually get any sort of rewards, which barely offset the gold sinks in the game (repairing, traveling etc.). With the new changes to dungeons, they are universally not worth doing because you get less reward than the cost of a couple of repairs.

The anti-farming system also makes it incredibly unfun to go and collect materials or try and make money, giving you junk items or nothing for dozens of kills after only a few minutes.

The event diminishing rewards discourage even participating in events, since you get horrible rewards, usually less than what it cost to travel there in the first place.

Dungeons were barely worth doing before given the horrible drops and mediocre money reward, and now with the new “we don’t want you to have fun” dungeon changes, they’re guaranteed to lose you money and waste your time.

All these changes simply serve to alienate normal players and make the game into a giant unfun time sink where your time investment is rewarded with nothing or a few coppers at best.

Please ArenaNet, for the love of all that is great about GW2, get rid of these anti-fun changes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crica.1503

Crica.1503

go play in another area when the code (if it even exists) kicks in for you…

this is not hard…

If I don’t like it, I won’t do it.

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

this is not hard…

I shouldn’t have to manage an anti-farming system to play the dang game. I didn’t buy Anti-Farming System Simulator Wars 2. That’s absurd.

It’s not hard to deal with botters while NOT ruining the entire game for regular players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raok.9710

Raok.9710

Considering that ANet has repeatedly said their goal for GW2 was for it to NOT have people farming, you kinda did buy Anti-Farming System Simulator Wars 2. Learn how to have fun on the journey to level 80 instead of trying to rush things.

in Suggestions

Posted by: erapago.4387

erapago.4387

If you’re consistently hitting these caps and your only goal in the game is to accumulate loot/wealth, then you aren’t a regular player and it seems ArenaNet needs to expand their definition of ‘bot’ to also include humans.

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

I’m already level 80, for one thing. And the anti-farming system goes across areas/zones with the enemy types, so it’s not a simple matter of leaving the area.

And no, my only goal is not to accumulate money/loot. I like to play the game AND BE REWARDED FOR IT not sit around getting no loot from hundreds of enemies and less and less reward from events constantly.

The point is that these systems affect normal players the most, not bots, and that it’s not fun to be constantly slapped with diminishing returns for simply playing normally.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I’m already level 80, for one thing. And the anti-farming system goes across areas/zones with the enemy types, so it’s not a simple matter of leaving the area.

And no, my only goal is not to accumulate money/loot. I like to play the game AND BE REWARDED FOR IT not sit around getting no loot from hundreds of enemies and less and less reward from events constantly.

The point is that these systems affect normal players the most, not bots, and that it’s not fun to be constantly slapped with diminishing returns for simply playing normally.

What exactly are you doing that you’re fighting hundreds of enemies and not getting loot?
Where are you finding the patience to spend all that time in the same area doing the same thing over and over?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pepcfreak.5984

Pepcfreak.5984

They should make a system that after you kill a certain amount of 1 mob the anti bot program kicks in with a popup that says please enter the “Random” message to authenticate you are human. Case closed.

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

What exactly are you doing that you’re fighting hundreds of enemies and not getting loot?
Where are you finding the patience to spend all that time in the same area doing the same thing over and over?

100 enemies is about 5-6 minutes when you’re killing 10 at a time. So, basically, where I’m finding this is ALL OVER THE GAME. Go kill 100 drakes or skale or whatever, you will get almost nothing, even if you just arrived, aren’t killing stuff you’ve already killed over and over again etc.

I don’t know about you but 5-6 minutes doesn’t require some monumental amount of patience from me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

Yes the diminishing returns thing is rather annoying. It’s hard enough to make money without them cutting your drop rate from monsters that should give you decent drops.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark Savior.7589

Dark Savior.7589

Considering that ANet has repeatedly said their goal for GW2 was for it to NOT have people farming, you kinda did buy Anti-Farming System Simulator Wars 2. Learn how to have fun on the journey to level 80 instead of trying to rush things.

I have been reading on the forums and I see this argument alot. It isn’t really valid to say that Anet’s goal is to not have farming and not have grinding, when there are large requirements of materials and tokens that pretty much need to be farmed or grinded (ground?) for. Take out the reasons player’s have to farm or grind and then you won’t have farming or grinding, not punish those who are trying to get the rewards that require the farming or grinding. That just sets up a horrible catch 22 where the players can’t win.

As well, rewards necessarily need to be a little bigger for more challenging content, commensurate with the increased repairs and materials costs required to overcome these greater challenges, otherwise you establish a negative result even when you succeed. Like any business endeavor, if you continue and proceed to come out taking a loss, you go out of business. Same thing here with regards to dungeons and champion mobs, if the reward doesn’t net some profit, then no one will bother. If folks are coming away from these events not only NOT rewarded but poorer for the effort, then there is no point.

My suggestions are;
Remove repair costs, or at least make sure dungeons and other content that cause massive repairs are at least covering them and then some. It doesn’t have to be alot of profit, but enough to make it worth doing.

Remove costs for transporting, this is just a punishing money sink, and it is kind of hard in game to recoup the money if you aren’t playing the trade house out the yang.

If the philosophy is “play it your way”, be less unforgiving for player’s not playing the game as intended, those two concepts are directly at odds with one another.

Thanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

I played many hours of Tetris and didn’t get any rewards. I don’t understand why you think you should get rewards for playing GW2. I think having pixels labeled as “money” or “stuff” in a game is distorting your perceptions and expectations. You should get that fixed sometime.

(edited by Rieselle.5079)

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

I played many hours of Tetris and didn’t get any rewards. I don’t understand why you think you should get rewards for playing GW2. I think having pixels labeled as “money” or “stuff” in a game is distorting your perceptions and expectations. You should get that fixed sometime.

Because getting rewards in the form of experience, items and gold is part of the game and is a staple of RPGs.

Tetris is a puzzle game, you get “rewarded” by getting into the harder levels. Your argument doesn’t even make any frickin’ sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dark Savior.7589

Dark Savior.7589

Because Tetris didn’t have in game costs either, and the reward system is in this game, I didn’t put it there, Arenanet did. There is money in the game, there are rewards in the game, Arenanet put them in there. I didn’t expect gold or items in Tetris because there was no expectation set by Tetris that I should be, as part of it’s game, earning them! That is not the case in Guild Wars 2.

By your estimation should I run a dungeon just to come out of it with less money than I started with from repair bills and consumables used? Is that “fun”? Like I said, if they don’t want emphasis on farming and grinding, then remove any economy altogether, and we’ll all just play for fun. But if there is going to be rewards and economy and farming and grinding elements, which there are, then Anet needs to offer content that at least recovers what was spent to do the content as well as a little profit. No one will do it more than once out of curiosity just to break even or go broke for the effort.

Just in reading the forums the past couple of weeks, I keep seeing where Anet and it’s fanboys all proclaim with pride that GW2 isn’t like other MMO/RPG’s and anyone with a gripe is just not adapting their expectations. What I am finding is more often the case is that Anet copied like half of what was in line with expectations and then didn’t offer the complimentary other half. For Example; Elementalists aren’t like all other casters, they aren’t dps, etc etc. Yet like every other MMO/RPG they are squishy, wear wet tissue for armor, and have no health, without any compensation. Subsequently, you see the playstyle for them being mostly centered around running back from the nearest Waypoint.
Same with this concept of there being no grind/farm in the game when there are items with costs that are hyper-inflated and induce grind and farming behavior to get them. Grinding and farming are symptoms of the treasure and inflated prices that encourages it. If Anet really wants this farm/grind gone, remove the cause, and stop encouraging it. Otherwise the claim is disingenuous. keeping the items and those costs and discouraging/eliminating any means of farming or grinding makes it appear as though they want the Gem Shop to be the only viable option to attaining these rewards in any timely manner. If that is their intent, just say so, at least it sets expectations that way, and people who disagree with that can move on sooner rather than later.

(edited by Dark Savior.7589)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

100 enemies is about 5-6 minutes when you’re killing 10 at a time. So, basically, where I’m finding this is ALL OVER THE GAME. Go kill 100 drakes or skale or whatever, you will get almost nothing, even if you just arrived, aren’t killing stuff you’ve already killed over and over again etc.

I don’t know about you but 5-6 minutes doesn’t require some monumental amount of patience from me.

Sounds to me as if you are OPd for the type of mob you are killing. 100 kills in 5 minutes solo? I think you deserve not to get good drops. This sounds like mass grind/farming, the very thing Anet was trying to avoid.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

this is not hard…

I’ll repeat it again, that simply does not work. The event cap doesn’t care where you are. It kicks in regardless of where you are or which events you complete.

Furthermore, you can hit the event cap in 25 minutes if you know what you’re doing.

(edited by Strill.2591)

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

Sounds to me as if you are OPd for the type of mob you are killing. 100 kills in 5 minutes solo? I think you deserve not to get good drops. This sounds like mass grind/farming, the very thing Anet was trying to avoid.

Really? I shouldn’t EVER GET DROPS? Solely because I can kill more than one mob at a time? What you’re saying literally makes no sense at all.

As I explained before, I’m talking about when I get into a zone initially (usually I just started playing for the night) and go and kill mobs for 5-6 minutes only to get crap loot (junk items or maybe 1-2 whites from 100 mobs) or nothing at all. I’m not farming. I’m not staying in the same spot for hours. I’m literally JUST ARRIVING to kill some stuff, and getting nothing out of it.

If you’re standing in one spot farming, FINE that’s an appropriate time to kick in the anti-farming system, but AS I ALREADY STATED I AM NOT JUST STANDING IN ONE SPOT, THIS IS HAPPENING ALL THE TIME.

As to killing 4-6 mobs at once, there’s a thing called “Area of Effect”. Learn what it is.

I’ll repeat it again, that simply does not work. The event cap doesn’t care where you are. It kicks in regardless of where you are or which events you complete.

Furthermore, you can hit the event cap in 25 minutes if you know what you’re doing.

This exactly! People responding with disingenuous trolling remarks aren’t helping, given they’re just ignoring the posts here and randomly spouting nonsense.

The anti-farming systems in place are a serious problem and only affect legitimate players, not bots. It needs to be fixed or people are going to start getting dissatisfied with the game. I know I am. I’m tired of going out and playing only to get nothing or junk for my effort.

(edited by ChairGraveyard.2967)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The anti xyz stuff has to go. Its ruining my gaming experience.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChyldeMyst.5098

ChyldeMyst.5098

I have to admit… I haven’t even noticed this. Granted, my highest-level character is only 31, because I’m levelling all 5 of my characters simultaneously and juggling a real life as a stay-at-home mom and college student at the same time. And I’ve only explored about 15% of the map, all totalled. But I really haven’t noticed any diminishing returns on my rampages of gory mayhem. I think perhaps those of you troubled by this simply rushed through your levels too quickly.

(EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION) I don’t know if my low levels or my incomplete exploration are responsible for me not noticing the diminishing returns. My remark is intended to the effect that those who are complaining about diminishing returns have rushed through the available content so quickly that gathering loot and raising funds are all they have left to do. I also don’t know if this is true, it’s just what I’m inferring.

(edited by ChyldeMyst.5098)

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

I think perhaps those of you troubled by this simply rushed through your levels too quickly.

You would be wrong. I’ve played 1-2 hours per night (skipping some nights) since the headstart. That’s hardly “rushing”.

But regardless, that’s 100% beside the point of the post. I still have plenty of maps that are not complete in the game, but there is now a HUGE disincentive to go and do events/go explore the map because of the anti-farming code kicking in super fast and causing all drops to stop after a few minutes.

in Suggestions

Strill.2591

I have to admit… I haven’t even noticed this. Granted, my highest-level character is only 31, because I’m levelling all 5 of my characters simultaneously and juggling a real life as a stay-at-home mom and college student at the same time. And I’ve only explored about 15% of the map, all totalled. But I really haven’t noticed any diminishing returns on my rampages of gory mayhem. I think perhaps those of you troubled by this simply rushed through your levels too quickly.

(EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION) I don’t know if my low levels or my incomplete exploration are responsible for me not noticing the diminishing returns. My remark is intended to the effect that those who are complaining about diminishing returns have rushed through the available content so quickly that gathering loot and raising funds are all they have left to do. I also don’t know if this is true, it’s just what I’m inferring.

If you’re just going around focusing on hearts you tend not to notice the problem since heart rewards aren’t penalized. If you focus on killing mobs or doing Dynamic events, you run into the problem quickly.

(edited by Strill.2591)

in Suggestions

NinjaKnight.1340

Really? I shouldn’t EVER GET DROPS? Solely because I can kill more than one mob at a time? What you’re saying literally makes no sense at all.

As I explained before, I’m talking about when I get into a zone initially (usually I just started playing for the night) and go and kill mobs for 5-6 minutes only to get crap loot (junk items or maybe 1-2 whites from 100 mobs) or nothing at all. I’m not farming. I’m not staying in the same spot for hours. I’m literally JUST ARRIVING to kill some stuff, and getting nothing out of it.

If you’re standing in one spot farming, FINE that’s an appropriate time to kick in the anti-farming system, but AS I ALREADY STATED I AM NOT JUST STANDING IN ONE SPOT, THIS IS HAPPENING ALL THE TIME.

As to killing 4-6 mobs at once, there’s a thing called “Area of Effect”. Learn what it is.

100 mob in 5 minutes is 1 mob every 3 seconds. While I can easily achieve that for short periods of time the extra time running around and waiting for a heal or skill recharge makes my kill rate lower.

So your kill rate must be overall much higher. Which means the mob are too easy for you. That is really the root of the problem risk/reward.

I think Anet didn’t expect so many people to reach 80 so quickly and what they need to do is up the difficulty of some areas and the rewards that come with it to make it a challenge.

I have no problem with you getting good rewards if you actually are being challenged and actually have the risk of dying. But the current situation sounds like you are just mass slaughtering and i don’t think it makes sense to give tons of loot for easy kills.

So i would propose that Anet make more difficult areas and commensurate rewards.

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

100 mob in 5 minutes is 1 mob every 3 seconds. While I can easily achieve that for short periods of time the extra time running around and waiting for a heal or skill recharge makes my kill rate lower.

So your kill rate must be overall much higher. Which means the mob are too easy for you. That is really the root of the problem risk/reward.

I think Anet didn’t expect so many people to reach 80 so quickly and what they need to do is up the difficulty of some areas and the rewards that come with it to make it a challenge.

I have no problem with you getting good rewards if you actually are being challenged and actually have the risk of dying. But the current situation sounds like you are just mass slaughtering and i don’t think it makes sense to give tons of loot for easy kills.

So i would propose that Anet make more difficult areas and commensurate rewards.

That’s fine, if totally irrelevant to the discussion here. I think maybe you should post a suggestion about increasing the difficulty in some areas or something, as it really doesn’t have much bearing on the fact that the anti-farming system is heavily impacting normal players in normal gameplay and doing nothing at all to deter botters.

in Suggestions

NinjaKnight.1340

It isn’t irrelevant, it sounds like you are exploring the map going into low level zones and expecting great loot when you just wipe out an entire low level area without breaking a sweat. There should be no need for that kind of mass slaughtering when exploring new areas. Completing Hearts, getting waypoints and POIs don’t require that.

(edited by NinjaKnight.1340)

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

It isn’t irrelevant, it sounds like you are exploring the map going into low level zones and expecting great loot when you just wipe out an entire low level area without breaking a sweat. There should be no need for that kind of mass slaughtering when exploring new areas. Completing Hearts, getting waypoints and POIs don’t require that.

You just assumed that. I was talking about killing level 80 stuff in a level 80 zone. And yes, it’s irrelevant that you think the game is too easy or whatever.

The point of the post isn’t about what you think of the difficulty, it’s to point out that the anti-farming system ruins the game for normal players.

in Suggestions

NinjaKnight.1340

I still have plenty of maps that are not complete in the game, but there is now a HUGE disincentive to go and do events/go explore the map because of the anti-farming code kicking in super fast and causing all drops to stop after a few minutes.

This is where I got the idea you were visiting low level areas. You said it yourself.

All I’m saying is that I don’t feel it is a problem. I don’t think it ruins the experience for most players, only the ones who go around mass farming continuously. There are many other things to do in the game.

This game wasn’t designed as a grind/farm game, and thank goodness for that.

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

Okay, thanks for your input. I think you’re just ignoring the problem rather than contributing anything to this discussion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

During the headstart it was fun roleplaying a ranger, going out hunting in my favorite areas for bloods and leathers. Now it’s become just a waste of time. I see no point playing a ranger now if hunting isn’t a worthwhile activity.

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I don’t like the idea of diminishing returns in general. They feel more like a punishment as opposed to a balance tool.

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

I don’t like the idea of diminishing returns in general. They feel more like a punishment as opposed to a balance tool.

This is precisely how I feel. On top of that, they don’t actually deter botters at all, who are also using cheats to warp around zones/speedhack across them anyway.

It’s actually kind of amusing because the people these systems were designed to inconvenience aren’t even affected by it, while regular players like us get shafted.

(edited by ChairGraveyard.2967)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SAI Peregrinus.8410

SAI Peregrinus.8410

I still have plenty of maps that are not complete in the game, but there is now a HUGE disincentive to go and do events/go explore the map because of the anti-farming code kicking in super fast and causing all drops to stop after a few minutes.

This is where I got the idea you were visiting low level areas. You said it yourself.

All I’m saying is that I don’t feel it is a problem. I don’t think it ruins the experience for most players, only the ones who go around mass farming continuously. There are many other things to do in the game.

There is, at the moment, ONE level 80 area in the game: Cursed Shore.
In cursed shore, most of the mobs are Risen Humanoids. They all share an anti-loot timer, no matter where you are in the zone (or neighboring 70-75 and 75-80 zones). As an Elementalist I have roughly mob-independent difficulty: one mob kills me about as fast as 10, so if I can avoid getting hit by 1 and wear it down I can avoid getting hit by 10 and wear them all down (so long as none are ranged.) From my (initial, not well controlled, takekitten grano salis) tests the anti-farm code seems to kick in at about 50-75 kills. This means that after 20-40 minutes, if not less, I have to leave Orr and go all the way up north to Frostgorge. Then after 20 minutes there… I can log out for 20 minutes, since I have to wait for the timer to reset.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sunduck.2450

Sunduck.2450

Ok. “Do not repeat chain in 30 minutes”. Can live with that. But kitten’s anti-farm kicks in when we fail one objective in chain, and need to repeat previous event to complete chain.
Example: Temple of Grenth – kill priest and protect dude (cant remember his name) that cleanse temple. We not farming, we just failing, and NPC dies.

And suddenly i stop get anything except kitten’s bones.

In any zone, from any mob.

Wery nice improvement, really.

(edited by Sunduck.2450)

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

There is, at the moment, ONE level 80 area in the game: Cursed Shore.
In cursed shore, most of the mobs are Risen Humanoids. They all share an anti-loot timer, no matter where you are in the zone (or neighboring 70-75 and 75-80 zones). As an Elementalist I have roughly mob-independent difficulty: one mob kills me about as fast as 10, so if I can avoid getting hit by 1 and wear it down I can avoid getting hit by 10 and wear them all down (so long as none are ranged.) From my (initial, not well controlled, takekitten grano salis) tests the anti-farm code seems to kick in at about 50-75 kills. This means that after 20-40 minutes, if not less, I have to leave Orr and go all the way up north to Frostgorge. Then after 20 minutes there… I can log out for 20 minutes, since I have to wait for the timer to reset.

This sort of thing is exactly my problem with the system: You constantly have to work around it to play normally and not get hit with the You-Don’t-Get-Any-Loot Stick.

That is unacceptable, and the fact that it’s not impacting botters at all just compounds the problem.

I shouldn’t have to constantly be on alert and tracking the stupid horribly designed anti-farming code in order to play the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Because Tetris didn’t have in game costs either, and the reward system is in this game, I didn’t put it there, Arenanet did. There is money in the game, there are rewards in the game, Arenanet put them in there. I didn’t expect gold or items in Tetris because there was no expectation set by Tetris that I should be, as part of it’s game, earning them! That is not the case in Guild Wars 2.

By your estimation should I run a dungeon just to come out of it with less money than I started with from repair bills and consumables used? Is that “fun”? Like I said, if they don’t want emphasis on farming and grinding, then remove any economy altogether, and we’ll all just play for fun. But if there is going to be rewards and economy and farming and grinding elements, which there are, then Anet needs to offer content that at least recovers what was spent to do the content as well as a little profit. No one will do it more than once out of curiosity just to break even or go broke for the effort.

Just in reading the forums the past couple of weeks, I keep seeing where Anet and it’s fanboys all proclaim with pride that GW2 isn’t like other MMO/RPG’s and anyone with a gripe is just not adapting their expectations. What I am finding is more often the case is that Anet copied like half of what was in line with expectations and then didn’t offer the complimentary other half. For Example; Elementalists aren’t like all other casters, they aren’t dps, etc etc. Yet like every other MMO/RPG they are squishy, wear wet tissue for armor, and have no health, without any compensation. Subsequently, you see the playstyle for them being mostly centered around running back from the nearest Waypoint.
Same with this concept of there being no grind/farm in the game when there are items with costs that are hyper-inflated and induce grind and farming behavior to get them. Grinding and farming are symptoms of the treasure and inflated prices that encourages it. If Anet really wants this farm/grind gone, remove the cause, and stop encouraging it. Otherwise the claim is disingenuous. keeping the items and those costs and discouraging/eliminating any means of farming or grinding makes it appear as though they want the Gem Shop to be the only viable option to attaining these rewards in any timely manner. If that is their intent, just say so, at least it sets expectations that way, and people who disagree with that can move on sooner rather than later.

“Saviour” well I can’t say you’re a saviour, but I can say you’re a hero in terms of offering an opinion with weight kudo’s

Irony…. xD

in Suggestions

Strill.2591

Logged into Cursed Shore, tried to do some events, got slapped with the no-event-reward stick in 25 minutes yet again. I’m effectively forced to sit around doing nothing for half of my playtime in order to wait for the cap to subside. This royally sucks.

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

Logged into Cursed Shore, tried to do some events, got slapped with the no-event-reward stick in 25 minutes yet again. I’m effectively forced to sit around doing nothing for half of my playtime in order to wait for the cap to subside. This royally sucks.

Yeah this issue especially affects me because of my limited play time as well. I don’t feel like I should have to frickin’ babysit their stupid anti-farming garbage in order to play the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

The new anti-farming, anti-event, anti-dungeon reward changes have made the game into a massive time sink in order to actually get any sort of rewards, which barely offset the gold sinks in the game (repairing, traveling etc.). With the new changes to dungeons, they are universally not worth doing because you get less reward than the cost of a couple of repairs.

The anti-farming system also makes it incredibly unfun to go and collect materials or try and make money, giving you junk items or nothing for dozens of kills after only a few minutes.

The event diminishing rewards discourage even participating in events, since you get horrible rewards, usually less than what it cost to travel there in the first place.

Dungeons were barely worth doing before given the horrible drops and mediocre money reward, and now with the new “we don’t want you to have fun” dungeon changes, they’re guaranteed to lose you money and waste your time.

All these changes simply serve to alienate normal players and make the game into a giant unfun time sink where your time investment is rewarded with nothing or a few coppers at best.

Please ArenaNet, for the love of all that is great about GW2, get rid of these anti-fun changes.

Is that what’s going on here? I’m struggling to get my karma up to finish and armor set and I keep getting shorted or completely denied my rewards. Its getting annoying. considering I need 42,000 karma per piece.

I’ve found that logging out and in again helps with this. I’ve asked for an explanation on this and no one seems to know. You at least cleared it up for me. Thank you for that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ang.2157

Ang.2157

They make crafting require a pretty decent amount of materials and then they make it impossible to farm them?

What kind of logic is that?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

I agree with the OP. It’s annoying and frustrating.
/signed

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

If I am understanding Anet’s motivation for implementing this punitive system, its to prevent people afk farming events around the clock. I’ve seen it. However, what they’ve instead done is punished people who actually do the events. This makes no sense.

How abouta minimum kill to get the event reward. Or perhaps no reward for those who just stand still. this would punish the guilty without punishing the people who are actively doing the events.

in Suggestions

Posted by: merovingian.4906

merovingian.4906

I have NEVER been unhappy with anything from Anet until now. If I had known they would be this strict about farming, dungeon speed clears, and getting good drops once in a while, I would never bought this game. What about a dungeon reset time of 2, 3, or even 4 days? I HATE the amount of time it takes to get to level 80. Plus, ANET made everything much harder to aquire. I like my style of playing. Who are you to tell me my play style is wrong?

in Suggestions

Loosifah.4738

Not that I agree with them…but as to who they are to tell you this….They’re the game developers and GM’s.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Tetris has rewards. Create a block of four lines, and you gain much more points than if you had cleared one line. This is riskier, so you have to keep an eye on what the next block will be. Do exceptionally well, and your score persists on the leaderboard.

All people want is that same kind of risk/reward in GW2. Clearing an event, and all the dangers implied, should yield more reward than pulling one animal at a time. Dungeons, even more so. As it is, grinding deer who’ve accumulated bonus XP is quickly becoming THE fastest way to level up.

Perhaps you should actually play this game before comparing it to a falling block game from the 80s.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nicolebsb.5240

nicolebsb.5240

It’s as simple as them not wanting people to get to level eighty. Instead of altering the dungeons/making more, or making more endgame material, they just make it harder and harder to get to 80 under the guise of ‘Oh, we want you to not grind.’
I thought this game was made under the whole point of, ‘Play the way you want, you don’t HAVE to grind.’ not ‘OH, if there’s grinding involved in the slightest, we’re going to take it out (even though it’s just an OPTION) because some players hate the very existence of grinding even if they don’t have to do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PNDA.8945

PNDA.8945

i would like to state that ive been doing dungeons after this so called unfair nerf and been making money just fine sure im no longer doing speed runs and getting new lvl 80 exotics every 2 hours but i often get drops with sigils that if you dont just merch them are usually worth between 2-4 silver each and ocasionally get good sigils worth 50s+ on bltp so i dont see why all the griping sure you dont make 36 silver per run PLUS your drops but i dont LOSE money like all these ppl claim that being said i would like to state a few things for the record
1 if your repairs are more than what you earn by selling drops and sigils you need to rethink your stratigy cause clearly you are dying to much
2 high level gear should not be atainable from 1-2 hours of farming exotics are exotic because they are hard to get you shouldnt be equiped with full sets of level 80 exotics fast so you ment to spend time earning it and frankly its a free to play mmo so its not like you lose money for taking time to earn the stuff
3ive heard about the anti farming thing but honestly i think the trigger on it must be absurdly high to only effect bots that are on all day long cause ive farmed blood for like 4 hours straight in kesseks hills and never noticed a decrease in blood drops so i cant comment on that any further since it doesnt seem to effect me

in Suggestions

Loosifah.4738

The trigger for diminishing returns isn’t very high at all actually. And it just started yesterday. Also bones/crafting mats I haven’t noticed a huge hit in. It’s the actual item drops(armor/weapons/etc.) that are getting the big nerf.

I’m not even going to touch what you said about exotics.

in Suggestions

Strill.2591

The trigger for diminishing returns isn’t very high at all actually. And it just started yesterday.

It didn’t just start yesterday. It may have been altered to be more strict yesterday, but I was hitting it well before then.

in Suggestions

PNDA.8945

The trigger for diminishing returns isn’t very high at all actually. And it just started yesterday. Also bones/crafting mats I haven’t noticed a huge hit in. It’s the actual item drops(armor/weapons/etc.) that are getting the big nerf.

yes i realise you can craft exotics or buy them my point is he mentioned the kitten loot in dungeons the comment about exotics was purely from a drop rate basis maybe i should have clarifued

in Suggestions

ChairGraveyard.2967

I have never seen a single exotic drop in the game, not one time. I think you just got lucky.

In any case, the dungeons are the most minor of the three diminishing returns systems. The anti-farming loot drop cap and the event garbage are the worst and contribute most to my extreme hatred of the current setup.

in Suggestions

PNDA.8945

I have never seen a single exotic drop in the game, not one time. I think you just got lucky.

In any case, the dungeons are the most minor of the three diminishing returns systems. The anti-farming loot drop cap and the event garbage are the worst and contribute most to my extreme hatred of the current setup.

nor do i anymore i asumed that was your point about the dungoen loot being bad now i used to get exotics now i dont although i will admit the event system is anoying me to a small degree so i see your point there and as i said i cant really comment on the farming cap as it seems to have passed me over unharmed so far lol i will conclude by saying they should at least make SOME of the dungeons easier for groups that tend to die alot and do lose money on repairs but i like the challenge of a tough dungoen so i enjoy the difficulty where its at but as i said i see how all players should be able to enjoy them not just the super elite who can do them without dying but i understand the diminishing reward for dungoens because i was making easily 30-35 gold a day farming cof so in some degree i agree with you point anyhow im off hope you find some way to get more enjoyment out of the game