Getting bombed underwater?

in Suggestions

Posted by: JamrilGelantara.9827

JamrilGelantara.9827

So when trying to pass unnoticed esp in large pirate areas I’ve been diving underwater. What confuses me is that pirates can fire cannonballs that actually can hit me underwater, whereas they probably shouldn’t even be able to see me far enough under, as well as shouldn’t be able to propel cannonballs through water the same as if it were air.

We don’t need no gods! We’re the firing squad!
And if ya don’t want my flail,
better shake that mighty tail! Aw yeah!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

Most pirate areas have cannons or gun turrets that have a very long range. Next time it happens pop out of the water to see if there’s a giant barrel with a gun pointing at you :-)

in Suggestions

JamrilGelantara.9827

Though that’s pretty obvious that there’s long range turrets..and not the problem I was talking about.
The problem I was describing is the fact that they can get me underwater when that’s not possible realistically because of water density. I find it really weird and annoying whenever I’m swimming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

a pirate could be underwatter acting as a “spotter” for the pirate that operating the canon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brian.9125

Brian.9125

That’s true. Also bullets from small arms would be rendered fully ineffective upon entering the water. (And while we’re at it players shouldnt be able to swim in heavy armor.)

I don’t think many games take real world physics into account like this though :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

And while we’re implementing realism, lets also make it so that you can only remain underwater for a couple of minutes before you run out of oxygen and start losing HP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

and no more magic based classes or attacks.

in a more helpful vein though TC I would seriously stop thinking if something is realistic or not in this game and rather whether or not it was intended by the devs, if its a bug report it and they will fix it eventually, otherwise you just have to deal.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knyx.4239

Knyx.4239

a pirate could be underwatter acting as a “spotter” for the pirate that operating the canon

and they are connected Via Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Skype and talk to each other..

Knyx – Thief – [uPT] @ Seafarer’s Rest
Google “Grow uP” e Faz a Apply..!
Play Hard, Live Fast, Win Moar..!

in Suggestions

JamrilGelantara.9827

And while we’re implementing realism, lets also make it so that you can only remain underwater for a couple of minutes before you run out of oxygen and start losing HP.

Haven’t you noticed they use oxygen masks?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

Yes, but WHERE ARE THE TANKS ?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

They aren’t oxygen masks, they’re removable gills.