Giant slayer achievement!?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheRudeDude.1596

TheRudeDude.1596

Is it just me or is the giant slayer achievement pretty ridiculous?
Havent killed a single giant so far and have four level 80 chars and roamed the whole world multiple times.
If someone would ever get this achievement, its because of pure grinding the same spot all over and over and over again.
Now we are supposed to kill a thousand of those?

My suggestion:
Either bring the required numbers down or make this type of enemy available across the whole world and in dungeons too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

you find them in Orr. Don’t know if it counted Risen Giant though……And most of them are Champion btw….even the one at Nageling town……

in Suggestions

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

you find them in Orr. Don’t know if it counted Risen Giant though……And most of them are Champion btw….even the one at Nageling town……

I don’t think the ones in Orr count. There is a Risen Giant in the Plinx chain (not sure if it’s actually part of the chain or just roams the area), yet despite having farmed Plinx plenty of times I only have 1 kill counting towards my achievement.

Apparently there are only 5 Giants, 3 of which are friendly NPC’s and the other 2 are part of an event chain.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheRudeDude.1596

TheRudeDude.1596

The ones in orr dont count.
I also killed at least one, which appeared to be a giant, in a cave somewehere (dont remember the exact location), which didnt count either.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

meaning there is one 1 giant you can kill over and over and that is the one in Nageling town…….

in Suggestions

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

meaning there is one 1 giant you can kill over and over and that is the one in Nageling town…….

And making the rather generous assumption that it takes about 15 minutes to kill and another 15 minutes for the event to restart, completing the Giant Slayer achievement would only take a humble 500 hours.

Yeah, seems a bit off.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

If it remains the same, I vote we get the title “Larger than Life” for completing it. Plays off the large size of a giant, and the large amount of real life hours it takes to obtain.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No undead counts towards their previous kind.
Other than the giants from events, there’s also one that is sometimes summoned Toxal Bog within Brisban Wildllands, in the spot where there’s some chaotic energy remnants from Thaumanova. You have until the ‘confused’ effect ends to kill it.

In the past, some giants lived up in the mountains in the shiverpeaks, a few in the hills in kryta, and the rest, most of them, in Elona, often in desolate areas.

I hope they’ll fix it by adding quite some giants when they add Elonian areas like the Crystal Desert and Vabbi.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!