Gifting Gems

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amy.6427

Amy.6427

I think there should be an option to GIFT Gems to other players or have an option to send Gems to other players. ( if there is this option, some one tell me now ha ha )
I want this option because I want to get a friend transferred to the same server as I am on and some people don’t have the money to purchase 1800 Gems or have enough gold to exchange over. So its an opinion/suggestion heehee

World: Sanctum of Rall
Guild: [FKL]
Main Character: Amanda Lockheart/80/Thief

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Buy them a gem card.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sereloth.4378

Sereloth.4378

You can try sending them the gold that they can exchange for gems. Maybe that’s why there’s no gem gifting? We can technically do it by sending gold anyway.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

If you have gems, convert them to gold and then to gems again you will get less gems. I guess this is not available to prevent other people from selling gems cheaper than the BL.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Oh which brings up a question, can you send gold to players on other servers?

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

During the Wintersday event, I thought it would be nice to buy each of my guildies one of those Mystery Boxes (extremely small guild, only a few people who log in with any regularity). However, they were account bound as soon as you got them — even unopened.
It would be nice if you could buy gem store items for other players, as a gift.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Amy.6427

Bluewanders: Yeah I mean the Gem Card is a option for sure but what happens if I dont want to go to the store :P & purchase that card or what happens if I want to do that but the store is closed? Then I got to wait until tomorrow for me to go & pick it up. I think if I could just purchase it as a Gift on “Black Lion Trading Post” section it just be more convenient.

Sereloth & HHarry: Yeah you can do the exchange but the exchange is always different; its like going to the bank & waiting for the best exchange rate to happen; which become’s a waste of time.

Daemonne: To answer your question; yes you can send Gold, Silver & Bronze to other players in different servers; just need their character name not the user name.

Fyrebrand: I agree with you, there is some things that we should be able to buy without it being soulbounded to our character; I think we having a gifting system would would be fantastic!

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sereloth.4378

Sereloth.4378

You are right. I totally forgot about how exchanging rates change frequently.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: dontrippy.8906

dontrippy.8906

this is absolutely a great idea, i just saw it right after i thought “gifting gems would be fun” :p would be a great ingame birthday gift for someone you know or something :p

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I think there should be an option to GIFT Gems to other players or have an option to send Gems to other players. ( if there is this option, some one tell me now ha ha )
I want this option because I want to get a friend transferred to the same server as I am on and some people don’t have the money to purchase 1800 Gems or have enough gold to exchange over. So its an opinion/suggestion heehee

So that I can get gold spam and gem spam. I don’t know this seems like a easy way for players to by-pass ANet’s gem store (and for those of you who don’t know, that’s how ANet makes the money to keep the game going).
It’s a nice idea I guess, but it’s also one that massively open for abuse.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Amy.6427

CureForLiving: What do you mean by gold spam & gem spam? You are able to send gold to other player’s already, so I am not sure what you mean by this; also players by-pass ANet’s gem store? I’m really not understanding because Gifting Gems would still give ANet the profit from anyone purchasing gems. Instead of the person/player purchasing the gems for themself, they have an option to gift the gems or keep it for themselfs; either or ANet still will make its profit in the end.

What I am trying to say is when Gifting Gem’s to other players you still have to buy them and select a gift option. I understand ANet get’s a lot of their profit from people purchasing Gems. I am not asking for ANet to give us the option of sending gems that we have purchased for ourself’s [ That should stay Accountbound ]

(edited by Amy.6427)

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Amy.6427

Should ANet do a Gifting Gem System?
Yes or No
Give a reason to your answer.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Well, while I agree that gemgifting could be fun and somewhat like the suggestion, there are a few problems that I can throw here from the top of my head:
Gems taking over Gold as the main currency (Selling Legendaries, anyone?) and mail-trading and mail-trade-scamming coming back, only worse.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

NO
No need to as previously stated you can buy cards, if the store is closed you can transfer gold to gems( or send them the gold )

If you like the person enough to pay for their transfer and the stores are closed you can use a CC ask them to access their account and purchase it that way. If they don’t want that then I guess they can wait till the stores are open.

So in short there are many avenues open to acquire gems for other players, so no there is no need to transfer Gems also. Not to mention the spam we all would start getting about the gems along with the gold. Per a week I delete and block/ report at least 3 gold buys ( down from 4 a day thanks Arena Net keep up the good work).

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Amy.6427

I am not really understanding this whole spamming stuff because I play a game called League of Legends and never heard of spamming for Roit Points when gifting RP to friends. So here is a Picture I found on google of what I am talking about. http://i48.tinypic.com/15q6mpg.png
This gifting system isn’t anything of a spam.. and I do hope this makes more sense to people on what I am trying to say!

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

They should make items in the TP giftable. Then you can buy something (a costume for expl) and send it to another player. I think gifting gems will not happen because of the difference between buying/ selling rates.
So, make items in TP giftable

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahrah Rosa.8597

Zahrah Rosa.8597

I can see how letting people gift the gems themselves could be problematic but I do think that it should be possible to purchase TP items and mail them to friends as gifts.

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

what if you live in a country like i do where the stores doesn’t sell gem cards?
i wanted to gift gems to my boyfriend for christmas but in italy there are no gems card. no i don’t have a credit card

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ghoulcraft.1057

Ghoulcraft.1057

BUMP and support gifting gems!

I have several buddies that would love to play with the rest of our troupe while still maintaining benefits from a home world bonus, as they are on another server. Having the ability to transfer gems would help up out big time.!

Gifting Gems

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

This is easy to do. The gem cards probably have a code on them. Anet could sell codes through their online storefront that you could then send to a friend. The friend enters the code and the gems go into her account. Done.

No need to make gems tradeable at all.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend