Give Ranger pets a "dodge" tied to Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

A way to give Ranger pets more sustainability, but not have to program to AI to try to dodge on its own.

Why not allow a Ranger’s pet to dodge an attack when the Ranger does. Obviously a Ranger’s pet would follow his commands, so when the Ranger dodges, it’s only fair that his pet also dodge the attack.

HUGE Bonus:

Smart Ranger’s won’t let their pets just take full damage from an attack while they have stamina. (Thereby INNATELY buffing the survive-ability of a pet who belongs to a good Ranger.)

You buff the survive-ability of pets, without dumping more HP on them and tie it to making Ranger’s more skilled at using dodges, instead of just letting their pets soak up huge attacks.

Ranger’s have heals that HEAL them and their pet as one. (Heal as One) Do more damage as one. (Rampage as One)

Why can’t they dodge as one? Why can’t a Ranger command his pet to try to avoid damage when he avoids it?

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

I’d simply settle for ranged pets that know to kite out of AoE.

Or, a specific defesnive traite per pet.
eg, one of:

• walk out of AoE
  • Evade when owner evades
  • Evade from own endurance (using hide method, some existing fliers/tunnelres do this)

That said, this would probably be better suited to the ideas forum. The pets are working as designed, the question is whether the design merits adjustment.
//Portable Corpse

(edited by Yamagawa.5941)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

I can’t see wasting endurance on a pet. My pet is usually to far away to be subjected to the same attack as me. If my pets gets into trouble I just swap pets. And why when I need to dodge, have my pet lose out on an attack opportunity? I just use my pet for added dps, so I only have time to worry about my own survivability.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

and what if i use my pet as a shield to keep me alive?
at times i dodge back in order to avoid being attacked, if my pet dodges when i do then i can’t do this trick anymore and it makes my pet even more useless.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Easy, just give the pet aegis or something when we dodge.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

@ Sorudo, that’s where you make it a specific pet trait, where some pets tank, and others evade. You want a tanking pet, take one that tanks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

@ Sorudo, that’s where you make it a specific pet trait, where some pets tank, and others evade. You want a tanking pet, take one that tanks.

if it’s a trait then sure thing, ill never use it anyway.