Give us more toughness/vitality gear!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Picturalis.4521

Picturalis.4521

Q:

I started a Guardian to be tank for me and my friends, but now after level 50-60 there are NO toughness/vitality gear to be seen anywhere? only Power/precision and maybe some gear with either vitality or toughness.

If you play as a DPS class theres alot of different armor on the trading post and rewards from dungeons and from karma Points, but when you want to go tank/survivour, theres none more or less.

Fix this ASAP!

The answer is not to do more dungeons and so on, since the rewards given has the stats: Power, precision and not tank-stats.

With my DPS hunter I have been able to buy my gear on Trading post, and enjoying the game/story instead of farming dungeons, let me have that option with my Guardian aswell.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

In guild wars 2 theres nothing like Tank, DPS and Healer, only Damage, support and control. All classes are able to do all three (some better than others)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Argistrin.3597

Argistrin.3597

Side point along the same train of thought though, if you’ll notice you can craft almost any combination of stats on exotic gear save for power/toughness/vitality. rings, and amulets for those stats are ether uber rare drops, or extreamly expensive (for basic exotics anyway) mystic forge recipes. And for the power / toughness / vitality stat gear you will have to grind dungeons, or karma (and only then if your server actually has people that go out to orr to do events. /good luck with that). yeah you could do badges of honor but that’s even less efficient then spending 1-3 weeks grinding dungeons. I personally don’t see the point in playing nothing but wvw for 20k+ badges of honor just for a set of armor that’s no better or stylish then the ugly AC armor. (you’ll still have to farm up 660 or so badges of honor just for exotic trinkets though because the developers didn’t feel the need to make any other p/t/v trinkets.) For any other stat combination getting a hold of an endgame set of exotics is unbelievably easy. But if you per chance want to be a little bit tanky, well, sorry about your luck, your going to have to grind. I recomend playing an alt though dungeon runs, one that CAN aquire crafted exotics for the stats they need and spam dungeons on that toon for like 1300 to 1600 tokens or so and toss them in your bank, then pull them out on your controller/tanker. It beats being frustrated at being gimped.

in Suggestions

Argistrin.3597

also, whats up with there being no Toughness / Vitality / Healing power armor? Is it for fear of immortal guardians in pvp? lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Picturalis.4521

Picturalis.4521

In guild wars 2 theres nothing like Tank, DPS and Healer, only Damage, support and control. All classes are able to do all three (some better than others)

Thing is, I have been able to have toughness/vitality gear until now, now at 55-60 it just stopped coming those kind of gear… Thats whats frustrating.

Someone told me yeasterday you cant Craft items with both vitality and toughness, which is pretty odd, since you can obviously Craft gear with Power and precision in mass production…

in Suggestions

Argistrin.3597

Thing is, I have been able to have toughness/vitality gear until now, now at 55-60 it just stopped coming those kind of gear… Thats whats frustrating.

Someone told me yeasterday you cant Craft items with both vitality and toughness, which is pretty odd, since you can obviously Craft gear with Power and precision in mass production…

Its around the time of the emergence of the “of the cleric” and “cleric’s” armor and weapon sets you’ll see vitality/toughness armor disappear from the heavy crafted armor. I’m not really sure why Arena net decided that for this one armor type to totally end its previous consistency. Regardless of this however you can still gain p/t/v armor from the karma armor vendor on your servers boarderlands if your still leveling up to cap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

At 80 they just put in PVT Trinks on Karma Vendors. However, there are NO exotic upgrades for PVT trinks…fixed half that problem….

Plenty of PVT armor though, at least 3 dungeons have it. AC, SE, HotW. WvW also has, Soldiers.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

also, whats up with there being no Toughness / Vitality / Healing power armor? Is it for fear of immortal guardians in pvp? lol

That would be super unbalanced. Think of how hard to kill you would be… as an 80 Guardian I have full Clerics (pow, tough, healing pow) and I’m pretty kitten hard to kill with my several regeneration abilities.

If you want toughness + vitality, get soldier’s armor/weps (pow, tough, vit) and dolyak runes (vit, tough). You will be the tank you’ve always wanted.

Also, Guardians are in the lowest tier of health pool (along with eles and thieves) so your vitality is not going to be stunning. If you really want to be a tank, be a warrior, they have ~8k more base health at level 80.

-Wulf