Global "LFG" UI and Feature

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shrapnel.6034

Shrapnel.6034

We need this now. Current LFG system is horrible and i already know heaps of people that’ve stopped playing because it was just too difficult and took too long to get groups.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It can take ages, maybe in the AMA someone will bring the topic up.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

A global LFG bulletin board type of thing would be pretty cool…assuming it wasn’t hidden away at the bottom tab of some random page.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bluetempesta.1784

Bluetempesta.1784

Excellent Idea, we need that tool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

please put in some kind of lfg feature, spamming map chat is the biggest joke ever

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

Maybe we can get an actual response from anet, either forum or blog about what they are planning for community and grouping features?! maybe?!!

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

Maybe we can get an actual response from anet, either forum or blog about what they are planning for community and grouping features?! maybe?!!

…nope lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fabuloso.7846

Fabuloso.7846

the devs should a least coment about this LFG, giving as some espectation

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

I heard there was a reddit entry from someone who talked about it, but I couldn’t find it

in Suggestions

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

I just wanted to support this idea. Anet plz make a group finding system :-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: pirulinho.4803

pirulinho.4803

What are the odds! First time I bothered with posting a suggestion and, for my relief, it was already posted in a detailed fashion.

I support this thread.

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

I have still yet to find any sufficient information coming from Anet about if they are planning on anything for grouping and community

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kantharr.2308

Kantharr.2308

Hopefully they do add it, would be a very nice feature and would prevent the excessive messaging when you are just trying to find a group.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Negrul.5423

Negrul.5423

A proper dungeon finder is what this game needs actually.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dungeon-Finder-6/first#post919243

Proper Dungeon Finder is needed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

I would love to see some sort of LFG tool implemented. As the OP stated, it could be used for finding groups for all kinds of activities. You want to do a dungeon? Filter players that are looking to do the same. You’re working on your personal storyline and want some company? I’m sure someone else is too.

An addition I’d like to see is to highlight any guild members that may be looking for the same thing as you are, maybe in gold text. This would be especially useful in large guilds. Just think, you’re in a guild, you want to do something, so you put it into the LFG tool….all of the sudden, 3 people at the top of the list turn gold. BAM!!! Most of your party is filled already.

An LFG tool is a great idea!!! 100% supported.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

A proper dungeon finder is what this game needs actually.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dungeon-Finder-6/first#post919243

No, and instant teleport random group dungeon finder is the last thing any mmo needs -.-

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

No, and instant teleport random group dungeon finder is the last thing any mmo needs -.-

Well, a instant teleport is needed in any type of dungeon finder. If you are one that stands in LA or in front of a dungeon entrance, that is your own choice. I rather do other things and when the party is ready, just get teleported in that instance.

There are many things to discuss about how to “apply” for a party and I will not discuss it now, but i completely support the instant teleport to location feature IF you have that location unlocked: meaning that a lvl 35 character can’t go in a lvl 50 dungeon untill that dungeon becomes available to that character.

Instances should NOT be server based, but global

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

Well, a instant teleport is needed in any type of dungeon finder. If you are one that stands in LA or in front of a dungeon entrance, that is your own choice. I rather do other things and when the party is ready, just get teleported in that instance.

There are many things to discuss about how to “apply” for a party and I will not discuss it now, but i completely support the instant teleport to location feature IF you have that location unlocked: meaning that a lvl 35 character can’t go in a lvl 50 dungeon untill that dungeon becomes available to that character.

The problems I see with that argument are basically this: It is a LFG tool, not a Dungeon Finder, Anet needs to make grouping more accessible for all types of content, not just dungeons, it is a more global feature rather than a tacked on function for dungeon goers.

The other is the “I like to do other things” Yes…and? Go do those things, like explained in the OP, the feature is global and can be accessed from any zone, meaning you can be creating a party from anywhere containing people from anywhere else.

If you do not have the dungeon waypoint unlocked then you shouldn’t get a free ride there (imo) and if you do have the waypoint….use it, it isn’t a huge cost (even though people love arguing over that)

So with the global feature and having waypoints already in the game, I don’t see any reason to have instant teleport and random grouping other than people being lazy or cheap :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

The problems I see with that argument are basically this: It is a LFG tool, not a Dungeon Finder, Anet needs to make grouping more accessible for all types of content, not just dungeons, it is a more global feature rather than a tacked on function for dungeon goers.

The other is the “I like to do other things” Yes…and? Go do those things, like explained in the OP, the feature is global and can be accessed from any zone, meaning you can be creating a party from anywhere containing people from anywhere else.

If you do not have the dungeon waypoint unlocked then you shouldn’t get a free ride there (imo) and if you do have the waypoint….use it, it isn’t a huge cost (even though people love arguing over that)

So with the global feature and having waypoints already in the game, I don’t see any reason to have instant teleport and random grouping other than people being lazy or cheap :/

Disagree this takes away form exploration, as it stands right now all you need to do in be in the area that the dungeon is located. So if your in LA all you have to do is go to the major city and then enter the area, for some.

The current LFG tool they are implementing which is in the beta form found at Http://www.gw2lfg.com Allows people to LFG for Dynamic events dungeons and instances.

Again why do you need to be teleported to the dungeon instance? When all you have to be is in the area.

in Suggestions

Negrul.5423

Completely agree. This will help tremendously with exploration, because you can complete the dungeon and then get back on track with exploring the world.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Completely agree. This will help tremendously with exploration, because you can complete the dungeon and then get back on track with exploring the world.

But it doesn’t help at all actually. Yes you may not want to sit there in LA and just wait for a que and BAM instant teleport to dungeon but a good majority would and in turn would ruin exploration completely. As it stands now it forces players to at least enter the area in which the dungeon is in.

If you need an example of how instant teleport to dungeon has ruined world exploration for games look at World of Warcraft. At any given time you can log into Stormwind or Ogrimar or which ever the main hub is now and see 80% – 90% of the servers population sitting there just waiting for the que to pop. We already have people just standing there in LA not doing anything and no tool in the game or addition is going to change that. But adding a feature that makes that worse than what it already is is a BAD Idea. I knwo people hate to hear this, but if that is what you really want than World of Warcraft has that option for you, if it is so needed than you can get it there. Not sure if other games like SWToR has it or not but if they have it than you have other games that offer that for you also. Guild Wars 2 is a game that requires you to experience the world and go out and find the area, lets keep it that way, it is what makes this game different than other MMO’s ( one of the things) if that is something you really need Other MMO’s have it and you can get your fill there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

All dungeons should have the Toypocalips mechanic:
Every one joins in in different overflows when ever they want and leave when they want too and others will take their place. In this way, everyone can get into the dungeon without the need of making parties. Wasn’t GW2 supposed to be ad-hock grouping and not party based after-all?

in Suggestions

Posted by: hiccups.3790

hiccups.3790

Yes we NEED a LFG tool. A good one is this http://www.gw2lfg.com/ but ingame would be way better.

yours sincerely, hiccups

in Suggestions

Posted by: Durjoa.7349

Durjoa.7349

Most major MMOs have a LFG feature. Adding my support to this post for ArenaNet to implement it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thoressen.3794

Thoressen.3794

Please add an ingame LFG tool, it’s ridiculous not to have it !!!

in Suggestions

Negrul.5423

The Dungeon Finder in Warcraft is a great example of how having such a finder helps with exploration, actually.

Most of a server population is out there in the world, instead of being stuck in a city hub (it’s probably less than 10% that still stays in a major city and those are mostly people that get around playing the auction house or recruiting new players for their guilds.) And while out there, exploring, you actually meet new people.

Honestly, if you can’t play with new people, perhaps a MMO game is not the game for you. I’m sure there are other games out there that you might enjoy. For now, this game really needs a proper Dungeon Finder.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

The Dungeon Finder in Warcraft is a great example of how having such a finder helps with exploration, actually.

Most of a server population is out there in the world, instead of being stuck in a city hub (it’s probably less than 10% that still stays in a major city and those are mostly people that get around playing the auction house or recruiting new players for their guilds.) And while out there, exploring, you actually meet new people.

Honestly, if you can’t play with new people, perhaps a MMO game is not the game for you. I’m sure there are other games out there that you might enjoy. For now, this game really needs a proper Dungeon Finder.

This comment has me thinking you have no been on World of Warcraft for a few years. If you log in today at peak hours you will find that maybe 10% is out in the world and 90% is sitting in a major city waiting for the que to pop and be teleported to the dungeon. In fact in Cata there was a poll put forth by blizzard online/ in game and at blizz con and they found that over 70% of players did not know how to find the actual dungeon in the game. So please explain how this mechanic of insta port to dungeon encourages exploration ?

To everyone else ( this is going to be rude ) Learn to read the news ticker on your log in screen for your game. The http://www.gw2lfg.com is the beta version for what ( now read this carefully ) THEY ARE PUTTING INTO THE GAME COME JANUARY/ FEBRUARY That is right they are putting in a LFG tool for the in game UI took me 2 minutes to search the forums to find a Moderator post confirming the application of this tool into the game.

in Suggestions

Negrul.5423

You need to start following a very simple advice: read the bloody forums.
All they said was that they are working on improving their current tool, there was no mention on when such a tool will be implemented other then “it’s coming”. And stop spreading lies about that website: no official has ever said that it is “the beta” for what they’s working on.

Also, you probably never played Warcraft prior to the Dungeon Finder cause if you had, you would know how useful it is. Last time I logged in that game was less than a month ago, and it’s pretty much like I said:10% in the city, rest out there in the world.

I will not repeat why a Dungeon Finder is so helpful with exploring, you can pay attention to the forums and you will find out.

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

THEY ARE PUTTING INTO THE GAME COME JANUARY/ FEBRUARY That is right they are putting in a LFG tool for the in game UI took me 2 minutes to search the forums to find a Moderator post confirming the application of this tool into the game.

….yep

It better still be in the process -.-

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

THEY ARE PUTTING INTO THE GAME COME JANUARY/ FEBRUARY That is right they are putting in a LFG tool for the in game UI took me 2 minutes to search the forums to find a Moderator post confirming the application of this tool into the game.

….yep

It better still be in the process -.-

As far as I know it is, although wit the culling issues and the recent influx of lag on dragon events do to changing the loot drops on the chest and the influx of guesting to gain the chest multiple times I think it is a safe bet to say it got pushed back. (not that I am saying guesting is the main reason behind the horrible lag but it is contributing a lot to it)

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

Any word what-so-ever?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Give this man a cookie! His idea won the internet! (Or the GW2 forums…)

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Suggestions

Zietlogik.6208

We need this type of functionality some time soon