God / Dragon weapons

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

Hey Arenanetofficial, I have come up with an idea that you could possibly use in the future. Of course you do not have to listen but I think there should be a space in between exotics and legendary, simply because it is so easy to get exotics, and takes so long to get legendary weapons, it feel like a big space is missing.

So without wasting anymore time I have come up with two main ideas. The first idea is….God weapons which will not be classified as exotic or legendary but somthing like ‘favoured’. I call it favoured because they are weapons forged and ment to be only wield by the gods, no body knows where they really came from. Since there are about six gods this gives more of a veriety of the type of weapon people can get.Each god have there own unique spells and look on there weapons making the player work harder for the one they want.You will only be able to acquire these weapons from Arah for now, because thats the location of the only elder dragon (where elder dragons are in the future as well).
Also you could add in a little story, “when the elder dragon was defeated people started to explorer the ruins of Orr properly and found special items that where believed to have been forged only for and by the gods.”

My second idea is fairly similier but instead of the gods, it is the dragons. Think of it like the evil version, each dragon have there unique set of spells casted on the different sets of weapons. Since this might sound too over powered you could put a 10h time limite on the weapons. so after 10h of combat the item will degrade and the fee to fix the weapon is 1 gold. ALSO one big favour, (legendary is red, exotic is goldfish brown) put them black!

More info I forgot / summarise
God weapons – favoured- 1g for repair after 10h combat
Dragon weapons-currupted favoured-1g for repair after 10h combat
Also I do not know weather it would be too powerful, so you could make it non trade able or something
Please, please, please,
if you could get this a lot of people will be thanking you and me

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

Oh yeah and what do you guys think of the idea?

(edited by Black Dragon.3784)

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

This doesn’t sound interesting.

What "space in between" are you talking about? Guild Wars endgame is about appearance, not stats. The legendaries have terrific detail but are not more powerful than other exotics / skins. It sounds like what you’re intending is to have another tier of weapons that have additional stats, so boo to that.

And if you don’t mean for them to have additional stats, why would anyone want weapons that incurred additional repair costs if there was no tangible benefit?

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

This does sound cool, 1st off and just because you might not like it, your one in a thousands
Second “the space” i am talking about. If you are like me and not a “bang out” it is going to take forever to get a legendary weapon, i just thought there was a weapon set missing from the category for NON BANG out players, so i thought of this idea. Also they should bring in NEW exclusive spells that can only be found on these types of weapons, thus being a 10h degradable rule. To be honest i think it’s unfair how all the adults just sit here all day getting the really cool stuff whilst the children have time limits. E.g. school work.

Last thing i said in the future, Arena net does not have to like everything this was just an idea off the top of my head at the time they can make changes

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

I’m an adult and I have all exotic accessories. :/ If you do a tiny bit of research you’ll find the quick, cheap ways to do stuff…like buy your finished exotics from the TP instead of making them (because lvling crafting is a boring, boring grind).

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

agreed haha crafting is boring, fells like a chore instead of playing and i am not an adult ( Im speaking for the whole younger generation) But im close enough

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

To be honest i think it’s unfair how all the adults just sit here all day getting the really cool stuff whilst the children have time limits. E.g. school work.

To be honest, I think it’s unfair how kids get 13 weeks a year off of school to do whatever they want while I still have to work full time.

Na, rather than make them another tier of weapon, they should just be rare skin drops from the dragon / temple events / craftable from materials only available from these events.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

well fair enough

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

There is a “dragon” weapon that drops from The shatterer chest. A scepter.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

This does sound cool, 1st off and just because you might not like it, your one in a thousands

Is that supposed to be some kind of, like, argument against my post? After asking us for our opinions on your post? Especially amusing is the "nah uh you’re wrong" at the start of the sentence followed by the implication that my differing opinion is just one in a sea of thousands but yours is somehow not.

In any case, I am not a "bang out" player or whatever, and I’m quite content knowing that there are several karma, cultural, and dungeon skins from which to choose that all have appropriate endgame stats before I make any plunge down the path for a legendary or two or five.

I reiterate that the addition of stats or functionality to these weapons would make them unbalanced, especially if those spells are of any use in farming mobs or mowing down players.

On the tangential topic of children/adults: Actually don’t the kids have more free time than those working and doing "adult" things, like cooking, cleaning, paying bills, working overtime, maintenance on their homes, and so on?

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

To be honest i think it’s unfair how all the adults just sit here all day getting the really cool stuff whilst the children have time limits. E.g. school work.

So kids work and adults don’t? Right…….

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

In non of the text that i have written states that my opinion is not one in i million, you should not jump to such conclusions about me, look i heard you the first time you did not like the idea, i get it, no need to write another 100 words about it, and with the adult thing, it really depends on what job you do. Okay maybe i was wrong with most adults but i know for sure that the people who Bang this game out are the adults with the free time. In my house i do all the dishes, cleaning etc.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

And well yes it is suppose to go against what you said , I was just trying to change your view but it seems like you view has not changed. what about if you scrap the idea and just make them rare skins like what TheDiaBish said what you guys think of that?

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Lore wise this isn’t going to work due to only the humans believe in the six gods.

and for people who don’t know it we already have god items, may I reming you to the “Fiery Gods Vambraces” and “Fiery sword”(a copy of Sohotin a Orrian artefact of the Gods) these weapons are avaible by getting 10(for the sword) and 30(for the gloves)HoM points

I like the idea though of getting something between legendaries and exotics, in one way the halloween exotics were something like that.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

Lore wise this isn’t going to work due to only the humans believe in the six gods.
agreed, but it does not stop the gods from have lived in Orr, so it could be still possible because the human gods did live in Orr and could have left behind some rare skins or ""Favoured" weapons

(edited by Black Dragon.3784)

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

God bless us from a weapon repair

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: MisterGumby.8924

MisterGumby.8924

Eh no, Orr is far gone, anything left corrupted beyond recognition into some Cthulhu-esque nightmare stick. Besides, I like the Cthulhu-esque nightmare stick more than some shiny god stick.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Weapons that have a ridiculous repair fee that is tied to the time you use it?

Nah, sounds way too abusable.

And as someone asked: What gap is there between Exotics and Legendaries? They have a slight difference in stats, in that one mod gets swapped for another. Other than that, they’re identical except for the rarity and the skin. And that’s good.

It might sound silly, but a game that hinges on endgame gear taking weeks or months to farm discourages new players. A lot. Because if it already takes you a ton of time to level up to even start farming, by the time you’ve farmed that stuff, something might have changed. Your friends who invited you might have quit. They might have released new, better gear. They might have pushed up the level cap, thus making all of your gear kinda worthless.

Of course, by eliminating that by allowing the players to get the almost-best gear in a relatively short amount of time, you end up with some people getting bored. Because no matter how much you argue that the world is beautiful and that there’s tons of exploration and quests to do and voluntary events to participate, there will always be people who only have one thing in mind: getting the absolute best gear as soon as possible. And no matter what you do, you aren’t going to change that.

GW2 is an MMORPG that has something that pretty much every single MMORPG out there lacks: It’s extremely newcomer friendly. There is no Super Elite Extreme Farming Squad Only-type gear, it doesn’t take weeks or months to get to the level cap and there’s tons of ways to level up in the game. And let’s be honest: even if it makes some of the hardcore farmers and diehard grinders bored, getting total newcomers into the game is much harder. And since they’re doing that right, let’s not ruin it.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

good answer, but i have already scrapped the idea too many dislikes

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

i like the idea of diving weapons. would explain why weapons are unbreakable. but id rather it was glowing skins with a tiny almost negligible stat increase.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

and for people who don’t know it we already have god items, may I reming you to the “Fiery Gods Vambraces” and “Fiery sword”(a copy of Sohotin a Orrian artefact of the Gods) these weapons are avaible by getting 10(for the sword) and 30(for the gloves)HoM points

I like the idea though of getting something between legendaries and exotics, in one way the halloween exotics were something like that.

Technically, lorewise it’d be OK since the weapons would only be created in the image of the Gods, rather than actually created by the Gods, meaning one doesn’t necessarily have to believe in the Gods to use them.

As for Sohothin, that argument falls flat because look who’s currently using it

As for the something between Exotics and Legendary Weapons, we sort of already got a step:

Generic Exotics > Named Exotics > Legendary

Oh yeah, you also forgot about [Heavenly Bracers] that you get at 18 points.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

well if it were god weapons, it shouldn’t be corrupted due to the power of the gods inside the weapon, descr could be: “This is a powerfull weapon salvaged from the ruins of Orr, powerfull magic from long lost Gods protect it against any form of Harm”

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

God / Dragon weapons

in Suggestions

Black Dragon.3784

Told ya all that there was a space missing between exotics and legendaries =]
(Lost shore-pink weapons)