Gold message is distracting and annoying!

in Suggestions

Posted by: onemeg.2190

onemeg.2190

The gold, starred, “super adventure box” message on the screen is really distracting and annoying! It really doesn’t need to be starred, gold, and on a dark background ALL THE TIME. It’s distracting while playing. At the very LEAST it should be able to be moved to the top of the quest list so that it wouldn’t be so prominent. I get that you want to “advertise” your new content, but I saw it the first time, and the second time, and every time I look at the screen! It’s really annoying! I submitted a help request and they told me to post it here, which is probably just their way of saying “too bad” but I figured it couldn’t hurt. I can’t imagine that no-one else has been annoyed by this…Quite honestly it’s enough to make me quit playing. I really hope that someone that cares, at all, reads this but I can’t say I’m very hopeful. Posting in a “suggestion” forum is not generally going to accomplish anything. This is not a “suggestion”, this is a “complaint”. I am a new player, I’ve already spent $35 on gems, and could see myself playing more and spending more, but NOT at the cost of constantly being annoyed while I play! Please move it, remove it, or give us the option to do so!
Sincerely,
A Disgruntled Paying Customer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

In my experience, not looking at it helps.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

If you go to Caledon Forest there are places where almost the entire right side of the screen is covered in all the shopping list crap obscuring your screen. Not being able to turn it off completely is pathetic. Sure you can click to shrink it a little but it expands again every chance it gets so I just gave up.

A checkbox in options that said “Turn Off Unnecessary UI Garbage” would be lovely. Or even make it show for about 30 seconds when you enter a map and have it fade out until you move your cursor up to the top right.

Christ imagine trying to watch a film when the entire right side of the screen is saying “This is on the other channel, this film starts at 23:00” etc. You think Anet would like that on their TV’s when they were watching?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

If this alone is enough to make you quit the game then there might be other issues.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

While not game breaking or cause for quitting, I will agree that the right of the screen can often become overly inundated with notices. I still haven’t finished my personal story but don’t need an ever-present reminder. Complete my daily..now I gotta look at my monthly progress whether I want to or not. Nearby DEs are fine but I don’t need to know that the SAB is in Rata Sum everywhere I go. I got mail for that.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: onemeg.2190

onemeg.2190

In my experience, not looking at it helps.

If it were not ORANGE, STARRED, and HALF WAY DOWN THE SCREEN then perhaps I could “not look at it”. Which is exactly why I made the post. But thank you for your oh-so-helpful suggestion!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fergus.4208

Fergus.4208

I agree that they should make this optional.

There should be options to select wether you want to see those “screen fillers”. One for each option:
- show/hide daily
- show/hide monthly
- show/hide meta event
- show/hide living story

Personally I’d want to hide daily/monthly and living story, but meta event (when in the vicinity) is something I want shown.

There’s lots of other annoying screen fillers. When I’m casually roaming in PvE I quite dislike those damage numbers filling the screen. I’d like to see the following options:
- show/hide heals on self.
- damage on self: show all, only show crits, show nothing.
- damage dealt to enemies: show all, only show crits, show nothing.
- show/hide heals dealt to other players.
- show/hide xp gain from killing mobs.
- show/hide xp gain from gathering.

Many single player rpg’s have a more minimalistic GUI, and it does help increase immersion. GW2 should enable that aswell.