Gold mine shares

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

How about being able to buy a stake in a gold mine for say, 5000 gems, that generates 1g per 24h an account hasn’t logged on. Stacking to 7g max and only to be collected by doing a daily (to avoid afk accounts). Furthermore the share could to time limited to 1 year of profits.

It would be useless for people who play actively but it would allow for people who have <gasp> a life to skip a few days. The daily is all good and dandy but there’s days where I’d be happy to touch any computer at all.

I love GW2. I would be playing it 24/7 if there weren’t important things in life. Take it any way you want but videogames are a past time and therefor last on the ladder of priorities. I don’t want to put the work in GW2 because it’s not a job.

Having shares in a gold mine would allow me to actively skip a daily in favor of those important things without having GW2 in the back of my mind all the time …

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mordachai.1896

Mordachai.1896

You said it correctly: Videogames are a way to pass time and real life is more important. Therefor there shouldnt be an issue with missing your daily every now and then and no reason to have “stakes” in a goldmine.

If you have that nagging feeling that you absolutely have to do that daily so you wont miss out, well…im sorry, but then the problem isnt fixed by your suggestion. no offence..

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Interesting idea but I don’t think it will be implemented since you can trade gems for gold already.

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

wts my gold mine for 2 lovely young ladies with the profession: personal pleasures ^^
OT: this is not a strategy game !

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

If you’re a casual player than why are you worried about money? Sounds like you want hardcore rewards with little effort.

RIP in peace Robert

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

But you can buy gold with gems already O.o

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

wts my gold mine for 2 lovely young ladies with the profession: personal pleasures ^^
OT: this is not a strategy game !

You’re a dirty ERPer.

I like that.

Dons tophat and diamond monocle

Let the Economic Roleplay(ERP) commence. I shall first buy stock in the Orichalcicum mining industry, controlling the mines. Once I save up, I shall then buy a Charr refinery and route all my ore there for refining. I shall then buy caravans for moving it about, and move on to another industry, more mines and more refineries. I shall control the whole business through vertical integration. Frosty Carnegie will be known all throughout Tyria before I’m done!

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Let the Economic Roleplay(ERP) commence. I shall first buy stock in the Orichalcicum mining industry, controlling the mines. Once I save up, I shall then buy a Charr refinery and route all my ore there for refining. I shall then buy caravans for moving it about, and move on to another industry, more mines and more refineries. I shall control the whole business through vertical integration. Frosty Carnegie will be known all throughout Tyria before I’m done!

Oh it would be awesome if you could actually do that. But GW2 isn’t a sandbox.

Gold mine shares

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

Thats a good idea. Stay Frosty. :P