Guardian Changes (Shield of Absorption)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrEpsilon.3480

MrEpsilon.3480

I for one love playing my guardian, I can do a ton of damage if well timed, I can provide a ton of boons to help my allies, and I look cool as well with my Heavy Armour

I do have some questions/suggestions about the skill (Shield of Absorption) which I would like to ask/suggest.

I don’t know if it working or not, but I feel that my Shield of Absorption isn’t working as intended.
It’s secondary ability is that the dome is supposed to detonate and heal nearby allies, If this is an activated ability, it doesn’t work, no idea how many times I’ve spammed 5, if it’s supposed to activate after the main skill duration, I can’t tell if it’s had it’s desired effect of healing nearby allies, heck I don’t even know if I’ve ever healed anyone using it and not used my Virtue of Resolve at the same time and that’s where the heal comes from.
To help show this, I would like to suggest changing the Skill Animation/Particle Effect, specifically the secondary effect. It states in the tooltip that it “Detonates” so why not add the animation of a proper detonation, have the bubble collaspe back into the Guardian, and have the “Healing Wave” go out to heal nearby Allies, that way it makes it a lot easier to see the actual heal and allies will see that they got it instead of just seeing a green number appear somewhere on their screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

I for one love playing my guardian, I can do a ton of damage if well timed, I can provide a ton of boons to help my allies, and I look cool as well with my Heavy Armour

I do have some questions/suggestions about the skill (Shield of Absorption) which I would like to ask/suggest.

I don’t know if it working or not, but I feel that my Shield of Absorption isn’t working as intended.
It’s secondary ability is that the dome is supposed to detonate and heal nearby allies, If this is an activated ability, it doesn’t work, no idea how many times I’ve spammed 5, if it’s supposed to activate after the main skill duration, I can’t tell if it’s had it’s desired effect of healing nearby allies, heck I don’t even know if I’ve ever healed anyone using it and not used my Virtue of Resolve at the same time and that’s where the heal comes from.
To help show this, I would like to suggest changing the Skill Animation/Particle Effect, specifically the secondary effect. It states in the tooltip that it “Detonates” so why not add the animation of a proper detonation, have the bubble collaspe back into the Guardian, and have the “Healing Wave” go out to heal nearby Allies, that way it makes it a lot easier to see the actual heal and allies will see that they got it instead of just seeing a green number appear somewhere on their screen.

As far as I know with Shield of Absorption, the window in which you can press the secondary ability is so small that either lagg or some other thing is effecting it, they need to tweak it imo.

in Suggestions

MrEpsilon.3480

Oh really?
Well I don’t actually use the skill bar as I happen to have the benefit of using a mouse with keys on it, so I can actually keep moving at all times without having to stretch for for the far off keys and keep my mouse used as my viewfinder and mover.
Does that mean I’ll have to actually click the skill bar to use that skill as intended?

in Suggestions

Posted by: thebigredone.1269

thebigredone.1269

As far as I know the skill should change to the second ability once the first has been activated. So even if you have it bound to something pressing that key again should trigger the second ability.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

Oh really?
Well I don’t actually use the skill bar as I happen to have the benefit of using a mouse with keys on it, so I can actually keep moving at all times without having to stretch for for the far off keys and keep my mouse used as my viewfinder and mover.
Does that mean I’ll have to actually click the skill bar to use that skill as intended?

Lol, I meant pressing the key not clicking it :P Yes it seems lagg may have a factor in the use of the skill it doesn’t seem to always go off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

I don’t think I’ve ever managed to use the second ability, it doesn’t matter that I keep spamming the button, it just won’t go off at all.

in Suggestions

MrEpsilon.3480

Oh really?

Lol, I meant pressing the key not clicking it :P Yes it seems lagg may have a factor in the use of the skill it doesn’t seem to always go off.

Yeah I do that, it’s the 5th key on my Naga, but the problem is that it never triggers, Im there in WvW smashing the hell out it and it never works =\

in Suggestions

MrEpsilon.3480

OK
I’ve actually seen the skill work now
But it’s still not working every time.
Perhaps it would be better to change the skill to automatically detonate after the 4 seconds of the skill has been used.