Guesting to be "By Invitation Only"

in Suggestions

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

I’ve seen many people on my server (JQ) complaining about being placed into overflow during world event spawn making them missing out in events in their own server and also Guild Mission not being able to start because some members are in overflow. Experiencing this myself as well.

Therefore, since guesting is meant mostly to “play with your friends” I would like to suggest that guesting requires an invite from a resident of a particular server before other server players could come guesting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

This is like the fourth thread on this. Why not post on one of the existing ones?

Oh, and NO. Guesting should not require friends to already exist on other servers. If I decide I want to move to a new server, how am I supposed to see what the community is like on that server unless I already know people on it?

Stop looking for new scapegoats every time you don’t get what you want. First it was magic find, now this. STOP IT.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I kinda like this idea. It keeps guesting in place for it’s intended purpose, yet drastically hinders complete free roaming.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Suggestions

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

selling JQ invites 10s each pm me

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Don’t like guests? Don’t have such a nice server to come to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So wait when there was no one around everyone was complaining about how much of a ghost town it is and how GW2 is failing, now that there’s so many people you can’t get into the door now people are still complaining?

Stop looking for new scapegoats every time you don’t get what you want. First it was magic find, now this. STOP IT.

This.

Why not just Guest as well to some low population server, or is that too much effort?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clarity.7281

Clarity.7281

I have this idea solved, Make it where you can guest only one time a month unless you server transfer to server you guested to. Closes loop-hole for multi jumping, Forces you to move or don’t if you do, you can check another server, but you can’t move because of the transfer wait time.

problem solved!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MacLeod.4208

MacLeod.4208

“selling JQ invites 10s each pm me”

Good point. This would absolutely happen.

I’m not sure if Anet could even do it, but perhaps put a cap on the amount of “guests” that can be on a particular server at one time. Or maybe, to reduce the overflow problem, guests are only allowed in a certain map until it is 75% full? Anyway, just spit ballin’ here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

“selling JQ invites 10s each pm me”

Good point. This would absolutely happen.

I’m not sure if Anet could even do it, but perhaps put a cap on the amount of “guests” that can be on a particular server at one time. Or maybe, to reduce the overflow problem, guests are only allowed in a certain map until it is 75% full? Anyway, just spit ballin’ here.

Or give native players to the server first dibbs. If there is a guester then they get bumped to the overflow when someone from the server arrives.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast