Guild Banks

Guild Banks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ampharius.8012

Ampharius.8012

Hello everyone,

As far as I can see, the current Guild Banks aren’t being used to their full potential.
Big guilds can have the same amount of money in there as a small guild: 0 gold if nobody is willing to contribute or if nobody is brave enough to put it in there lest people run off with it.

Like the system with points which you can upgrade your guild with, could you do the same with looted coins?

I’m just thinking:

baseline

When you loot 1 silver from a mob somewhere, automatically 1% (or whatever amount, possible to set in guild bank with a limit of 5% or something) of that value is transferred to the guild bank.

Then, an active guild would easily make loads of money to help sponsor their members in anything they want to do. Not only that, but you could add a whole new range of features too.

risks
Of course, this also brings along risks (for instance leaders stealing gold from the bank). For that you could easily limit players to only withdraw the amount on the guild bank they themselves actually brought in. This is not what the bank is for of course, this is just to protect everybody’s share.

(example: all my deposits together amount to 24 gold, while the total in the guild is 2410 gold. Then I can only withdraw 24 gold, not the 2410 gold).

Withdraw money to sponsor members or do anything big with it: you could enable a democratic system which requires a number of people (I’d say 50% of active players) to give their consent to withdraw that money and use it for whatever sponsoring is planned. To counter any misuse of even this, you could enable a state of “risky trade” that can be reversed for a few days and an automatic return of the withdrawn gold to the guild bank.

(example: a member gets some people to approve his request to withdraw 700 gold and by doing this with his accomplices ‘steals’ it to buy a precurser weapon to craft a legendary for himself, instead of buying guild benefits.

Others who approved this feel cheated or didn’t consent to this use of the guild gold so they can petition protest. Since the gold & the precurser that got bought with it are flagged as “risky trade” for a limited amount of time (lets say 2 days?), when people give complaint about this, the bought precurser (perhaps now legendary) gets switched back to precurser + gifts. The precurser gets deleted (because else you disrupt the flow of trade and as a penalty for the thief) and the money spent gets put back in the guild bank (the person that the precurser got bought from doesn’t have to give the money back since he participated in normal trading). Nobody benefits from this except maybe the person who had the precurser in the first place, so I would imagine this wouldn’t take place often.)

con’s

• As far as I can see, this will only be possible in very active guilds
  • Inactive guilds could possibly have lots of gold stored away, what if you’re the only one who’s active and want to use some?

pro’s

• Boosts for active guilds
  • Stimulates honest players to work together
  • Teamwork to get people geared up will be more rewarding than doing it on your own

Other features

• For instance voice communication. Say arenanet provides a service where people can communicate verbally with each other? You can hire such servers (like all current TS, ventrilo, … servers) and pay them with money, but what if you could hire them with paying gems?
  • With the new private arena’s coming out, you can perhaps fund this arena with your guild bank? That way the cost is more evenly spread?
  • Intrest rates. Why not also introduce intrest rates to guild banks? This would stimulate people more to actually participate in this.

These are just ideas of course, but perhaps something to build on?

(edited by Ampharius.8012)

Guild Banks

in Suggestions

Posted by: SmudgerUK.4715

SmudgerUK.4715

Way too complex, particularly the “risky trade” idea.
And I’m sorry, but taking a percentage of a player’s loot and giving it directly to the Guild bank is almost like levying a tax on them for representing the Guild. People who wanted to hold onto all of their loot would pretty soon just stop representing and then Guilds themselves would lose out on the influence.