Guild Halls , Please , we need them back

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balkarra Dmort.5039

Balkarra Dmort.5039

I know our guild can`t be the only one who misses it`s home , it was our focal point, our home away from the irritation of masses of other players at outposts, the place we grouped up for missions, just hung out and chatted , transformed into random creatures and chased each other around , held guild events like giveaways with our allied guilds.

The loss of guild halls and the fact that members are spread over several servers have been the biggest 2 contributors to the loss of that collective family feeling we had in GW1 , the introduction of the repping/non repping feature and being in 2 or 3 guilds at the same time as some people are has added to that.

Yes i know we could select a specific outpost and say this is our guild meeting spot, but it`s not the same, and if your char hasn`t mapped that location, they can`t access it via wp.

Give us our spiritual homes back, make them accessible to characters upon creation , give us the option to buy the upgrades just the way we did in GW1 , bring back that feeling we had of being something special.

7 years in the Original GW, Asuran Killing Machine, Guild Officer ARGH ( Society of Souls ) Deso

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

They’ve said its something they are working on.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

They’ve been saying that for awhile and honestly, I don’t think it takes a year to develop a guild hall considering they can pump out this living story garbage every two weeks! I don’t think they’re working on them at all! In fact I believe they’re just stringing us a long as its false promise to give us something to look forward to.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FindAndSeek.6728

FindAndSeek.6728

+1

I personally believe Guild Halls would be the one of the best additions to the game and would add a state of settlement & stability to a number of players myself included.

Another point is that it would be nice to have some privacy for the Guild alone rather than being in a main outpost full of people where you can’t think nor concentrate.
Don’t get me wrong it’s nice having that option but sometimes a guild needs space to itself.

Miss Find And Seek – Society of Souls [Argh] – Desolation
Yeyyyyy can’t wait for the Expansion and the return of Guild Halls!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: why.8760

why.8760

Don’t be so quick to be sure they are not working on it. Look around at the game, it seems like a ton of features they promised have yet to be fully installed. I have a strong feeling everything they have mentioned will come eventually. If the only real in city event is the keg brawl, and we were promised multiple events in every city, to me that proves they had to just get the game out and working, and slowly keep building what they dreamed.

in Suggestions

Balkarra Dmort.5039

Doesn`t take a year to introduce something that they knew we wanted even before the beta started , they`re just giving us the fob off !

I`d happily swop less inane living fortnightly story, the daily and monthly grind for something we ACTUALLY want and i think most Guild Leaders would say we NEED !

Attachments:

7 years in the Original GW, Asuran Killing Machine, Guild Officer ARGH ( Society of Souls ) Deso

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

They’ve been saying that for awhile and honestly, I don’t think it takes a year to develop a guild hall considering they can pump out this living story garbage every two weeks! I don’t think they’re working on them at all! In fact I believe they’re just stringing us a long as its false promise to give us something to look forward to.

Whole new game engine means everything needs to be build from the ground up, practically, to include guild halls. Reposting the request and suggestion a hundred times over on the forums isn’t really going to make it happen in faster. I don’t disagree, I would love to have this feature, but if they say they’re working on it then they are.

As to the “living story garbage”, that’s really easy to pump out. All the groundwork is there already, they don’t need to incorporate any new mechanics or from-scratch models or instancing rules or structures or serverspace … it’s just copy, paste, tweak, test, release.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Doesn`t take a year to introduce something that they knew we wanted even before the beta started , they`re just giving us the fob off !

I`d happily swop less inane living fortnightly story, the daily and monthly grind for something we ACTUALLY want and i think most Guild Leaders would say we NEED !

Hey, that’s me! (the ooze in the middle)

Those were good times.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Suggestions

Balkarra Dmort.5039

Yeah they were :-)

Introducing guild halls would not need an entire new game engine , that`s ridiculous , yes it would require coding, yes they would require additional server space , no different to adding a brand new zone to the map , just more of them but far smaller , and supposedly something they`ve been working on for a year already

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I have a feeling that the people who make PvE content wouldn’t have the skills to program a PvP mode into the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

Agreed. Guild housing would give at least SOME sort of purpose to guilds. Guilds are 100% player made in this game. There are so few features for guilds in GUILD Wars.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deer.1504

Deer.1504

Guild Halls would for sure add another layer of depth and community to any guild with one. Even if a guildy doesn’t wish to partake in any of the current Living World things, they can always hang out with others in the hall and have even more of an incentive to login.

I started GW1 when it was first released and after joining my first guild, I found Guild Halls to be one of the unique aspects of the game that really tied my large guild together, I was always surprised that other games never implemented it as it really was /that/ awesome.

At least GW2 has GW1 to live up to and ArenaNet will hopefully add it as it seems so necessary with the game titled “Guild” Wars (Yes, I know it’s based off of lore that it received its title, but to a player unfamiliar with lore, it seems ridiculous not to have a Guild Hall in “Guild” Wars) and from the importance of Guild Halls in the original game.

(edited by Deer.1504)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Huclarous The Brave.9031

Huclarous The Brave.9031

To be completely honest I went back to playing Guild Wars and stopped playing Guild Wars 2 because they had no Guild Halls. Without Guild Halls the entire concept of a Guild falls apart more quickly and creating lasting friendships become significantly more difficult. In my opinion, they need to hurry up and get them out already. Its been over a year that they have been telling us that Guild Halls are “on the way”…. Hopefully they actually make them sooner rather then later, and without everyone having to buy an expansion pack at that!!