Guild Item Skin Costs

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sucuri.5348

Sucuri.5348

I do not know if it is just me but some of the guild item skin costs seem kinda insane. It seems to be tailored just for the level 80s to use. I do not know about you, but I am a level 20 and I love my guild, and want to display my Emblem on my armor, so why cant I? Do you guys know how often you change out chests / weapons as you level?!?!?
(and if they carry over to the next item you replace ignore that part, I haven’t bought any of these items to try it with because of cost). I don’t know about you guys but I also have alts in guilds, that I would love to show off emblems on… The costs seem a little crazy to me.

1 gold each time you want to put your emblem on your chest?!
20 silver each time you want to add it to your weapon?!
1-5 gold for a back piece O.o

I know you guys need money sinks in the game but sheeeeeeesh!

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Posted by: JanoRis.8703

JanoRis.8703

as far as i know you can use transmutation stones, to keep the emblem on your new armor

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I used to think the price was to high when I was lv 30 but now I believe the price is just right.
my reasoning now is this:

- displaying the guild emblem is a privilege and to be honest you don’t want all low level characters running around in WvW displaying your guild logo around !
- the item can be transmuted onto higher level gear without having to repurchase it again and again.
- when you reach lv 50-60 1g is easier to get paying for it shouldn’t be a problem.

Though I’d rather it cost karma instead of gold anyway even if it would cost 8k karma per unit.

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I used to think the price was to high when I was lv 30 but now I believe the price is just right.

- displaying the guild emblem is a privilege and to be honest you don’t want all low level characters running around in WvW displaying your guild logo around !
- the item can be transmuted onto higher level gear without having to repurchase it again and again.
- when you reach lv 50-60 1g is easier to get paying for it shouldn’t be a problem.

Though I’d rather it cost karma instead of gold anyway even if it would cost 8k karma per unit.

That`s kind of messed up. That is like you are saying because they aren`t lvl 80 they aren`t worthy of wearing your emblem? In the original game everyone got a cape when they joined a guild if the guild leader had the money to design and purchase the cape. Why should it be any different here?

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sucuri.5348

Sucuri.5348

.That`s kind of messed up. That is like you are saying because they aren`t lvl 80 they aren`t worthy of wearing your emblem? In the original game everyone got a cape when they joined a guild if the guild leader had the money to design and purchase the cape. Why should it be any different here?

That was what I was sorta thinking myself.

As far as transmuting the same thing over and over again, better hope you have it on the coolest looking item all ready I guess?

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

That`s kind of messed up. That is like you are saying because they aren`t lvl 80 they aren`t worthy of wearing your emblem? In the original game everyone got a cape when they joined a guild if the guild leader had the money to design and purchase the cape. Why should it be any different here?

NO, not saying you have to be lv 80 to display the emblem that’d be silly, I got mine at lv 50 together with weapon emblem, what I’m saying is you should be at least lv 50-60 ish. This way you don’t feel the load of the money and you are actually a viable character in current WvW mechanics.

Also at 1st I did question the system because I come from GW1 and there you get a cape the moment you join the guild. Now I’m loving this new emblem on armor system so much I don’t care about the cloaks anymore though I wouldn’t mind having one

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

Sucuri.5348

That was what I was sorta thinking myself.

As far as transmuting the same thing over and over again, better hope you have it on the coolest looking item all ready I guess?

Trust me you will get enough transmutation stones from black lion chests in the game world I’ve got 15 fine transmutations stones left haven’t payed for a single one of them ever, and no I didn’t buy the black lion chest key either I got it as a drop in game world to.

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

NO, not saying you have to be lv 80 to display the emblem that’d be silly, I got mine at lv 50 together with weapon emblem, what I’m saying is you should be at least lv 50-60 ish. This way you don’t feel the load of the money and you are actually a viable character in current WvW mechanics.

Also at 1st I did question the system because I come from GW1 and there you get a cape the moment you join the guild. Now I’m loving this new emblem on armor system so much I don’t care about the cloaks anymore though I wouldn’t mind having one

That is the worst attempt at trying to save face I ever saw. and believe me, I have made some doozies. So what you are saying is that until a player is higher lvl and and more comfortable with pvp , he isn`t allowed to wear the guild emblem because it`s a privledge. Would you be ashamed of the lower lvl members getting slaughtered so much that you don`t want people to know they are yours? Is that your idea of guild pride?

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

Not trying to save face or anything of a sort, I never said you had to be 80 to display the guild logo you did that yourself !

just saying that, that is how they designed it to be, a privilege item, when I was lv 30 I so wanted to buy it but couldn’t because of the cost…. it took me 20 more levels to have a surplus of cash to actually afford it. It is also the reason I said it should cost karma even if they make it cost like 8k karma.

I don’t mind seeing them get slaughtered well actually I do but in the sense of I will help you survive if I can but to be honest right now not doing much of WvW at all and most on my server are not really into it at the moment but, beware most are just waiting to hit 80 to join the ranks of the mist wars than it will be a whole new ballgame.

The general idea for WvW was that you could go there from lv1 and stay there, as it is right now most of the people in WvW are already lv80 or close to it, if you go there at to low a level you’re just lambs for the slaughter.

In my guild we have a pretty good community very helpful very decent very communicative we help each other a lot I haven’t had that since back in Perfect World International before it became the P2W piece of bleep it is today.

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

You should check out RaiderZ from perfect world. It`s pretty generic mmo wise but the combat is simaler to this but alot more fun. I like that any class can hold the block button to reduce inc damage instead of doing cartwheels and somersaults. You can didge to avoid heavy boss attacks but you have an entire stamina bar for that and not just 2 attempts. Cool game, I played the closed beta for a bit and it has alot of potential.

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

I tried RaiderZ back in alpha it was not for me, did submit some suggestions hope they changed it a lot from what it was in alpha. plus I don’t trust them anymore I got in to forsaken world beta and played all the way to release they promised a bunch of stuff and didn’t deliver a few months after the P2W CS and the must buy items started to creep in that’s when I decided I’ve had enough of them as a company. Sooner or later all their games become P2W as of late more sooner than you’d expect so if I were you I’d be careful with RaiderZ !

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Yeah all the asian mmo`s are pay to wins anymore. Blacklight retribution was one though you could play and never had to spend a cent on. Nice game, played really nice, limited number of maps but alot of fun when I get the fps itch. I think if they took the block feature from raiderz and applied it to this game, it would have been the coolest.

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

2 words and a digit for you
planet side 2 enough said,
I haven’t been excited about an FPS since Unreal Tournament GOY edition I didn’t like Unreal Tournament 2004 as much as I did GOY

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Banewrath.5107

Far Cry 3 is coming in december. That is going to be the all of alls.

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

Far Cry 3 is coming in december. That is going to be the all of alls.

Man totally forgot about that one the gameplay demo was awesome alright, shame it’s not an mmo it will feature multiplayer but nothing in the scale of PS2

Guild Item Skin Costs

in Suggestions

Posted by: JanoRis.8703

JanoRis.8703

How did this topic drift of from Guildemblem to other Games and Far Cry 3 lol…You know you can just Pm each other to talk about that stuff