Guild Leader Has Gone MIA.. No Current Solutions Available..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drago.4389

Drago.4389

I am currently an officer in Syndicate of the Shadows [SOTS] on Dragonbrand, and our Guild Leader, Naota, has gone missing from the game, our website and Teamspeak server for over two weeks.

Myself and a few other officers have been putting a lot of hard work into this guild, and we don’t lose our investment because our leader has gone MIA.

I submitted a support ticket to the support team to request that one of our officers be promoted to guild leader in game so that we would have the administrative permissions to continue operating in the event that Naota doesn’t return. I received an incredibly fast response, but unfortunately the support staff does not have the tools they need to help us resolve our situation.

The best thing we can do at this point is to try to bring this to the attention of the developers so that the necessary tools can be put into place to help us and anyone else who is stuck in a similar situation.

What kind of tools would we like to see added not just to the Guild Wars support team, but also to our members and officers in-game as well?

Personally, I would like for the support team to be able to directly edit guild ranks, which they are not currently able to do.

I would also like a tag to be added to all members in a guild that shows the time since they last logged in, which will help guilds keep inactive members out of their guilds should they choose to do so.

Another possible feature would be if a guild leader does not log in for a given period of time, the officers in the guild could vote to replace him/her with one of the active officers. The previous guild leader could be left in the guild leader rank as well, that way if they do come back, they will still be able to administrate their guilds.

Please add your thoughts and help our guild and others by bringing this to the developers’ attention!

in Suggestions

Posted by: EasyModeAj.3169

EasyModeAj.3169

“I would also like a tag to be added to all members in a guild that shows the time since they last logged in, which will help guilds keep inactive members out of their guilds should they choose to do so.”

please put this into the game it needs to be done our guild is full of inactives we dont wana kick incase they get all stroppy

in Suggestions

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

anet should just ask ncsoft for help.ncsoft easily does this in aion

in Suggestions

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

old post but i having a similar problem…wonder if the support team has the access to edit members’ ranks already?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Levitating Cat.8623

Levitating Cat.8623

My guild has the same problem. Our Leader is offline for more than a month now. It’s vital for the guild life especially now when the Guild Missions have been added – we can’t even start them, only an inactive Leader can do that. We don’t want to be forced to make a new guild because we put a lot of effort and resources into the current guild and we’ve been thought a lot to manage to sustain the guild’s life.
The Leader isn’t only offline for more than a month but also doesn’t respond to any messages on guild portal or facebook, which means he’s inaccessible or doesn’t care about the guild any more.
Please do something about it! I think the support team should have access to the guild ranks management and set a new Leader, especially since Guild Missions have been delivered.

Our Guild: The Milky Johnson Club
Server: Desolation
Numbers: Over 300 members

“You are all weaklings!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

It’s not going to happen. Replacing people creates political issues that ANet is not going to get involved in.

I wanted to change my guild name, since another guild had the same name and didn’t want to lose the influence we already had. Didn’t happen. Had to restart the guild.

The guild leader made the guild, only option is to start your own and do it now so you can build up influence. I suggest you put a message on the Guild page and chat members and move them over if you can. If not, only option is to wait until the leader is on and hope he will abandon his post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

FWIW, LOTRO deals with this with the notion of Kinship Decay.

Something like that might do the trick here.

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

only 2 weeks? don’t mean to sound harsh, but, has anyone in the guild tried to contact the guild leader directly?

if you cannot get a hold of them, your choice would be to start a new guild of course. make more ranks, and have one lower rank be of high enough permission to take things over if something like that happens again in the future.

officers with enough permissions can start guild missions and so on too, can’t they?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: keln.6051

keln.6051

I agree and stand by the LOTRO guild AWOL system, after 35 days of the leader not being online, a message is sent to the next highest rank offering them the position of leadership, this keeps going down the chain of command till after 100 of the guild having no leader it is disbanded.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

in guild wars 1, if the guild leader is absent for too long, the guild leadership is transferred to the next active member.

now this reminded me to log in into guild wars 1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

One solution would be to automatically make the first highest ranking officer be an acting leader until the leader logs back in if he/she has been offline for seven consecutive days. This would work as a safety net against extended absences of leaders. And if they stay offline for one month then they get kicked out automatically. This has flexibility for leaders who sometimes have extended absences but also protects against indefinite leader absences. This can also be an option for all members in general too. Player with the privilege to do so, can check an option to choose auto demote and auto kick players who have been offline for set amount of days etc. Also, there’s no excuse for being absent for thirty consecutive days. One person guilds could be exempt from this because no one else would really be affected the persons absence.

(edited by Zahld.4956)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Same issue as Levitating Cat, my existing guild is now SCREWED because our leader is absent, despite the fact that I have all formerly existing privileges we cannot proceed with guild missions.

It’s not a political issue if there’s an easy way to avoid being booted down. Right now there is absolutely no way to recover guild leadership, I have exhausted the support options and they don’t have the tools or rights in place. Either the support people need to be granted the tools so that they can do this at their discretion or they need to introduce mechanisms such as existed in the original Guild Wars.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: gabal.4520

gabal.4520

We are in the same boat – can’t even start the guild mission we researched and built because only an absent guild leader has the right to start it…

Infidelija, boatswain of Bloody Pirates [YARR], lvl 80 elementalist
hobby: busting Trebuchettes
Gandara server