Guild Lottery

Guild Lottery

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xandrian.8304

Xandrian.8304

So, basically I had an idea which I genuinely thought was a good one. A lottery. Not one where you have to buy gems to get a ticket to enter but a Guild one. Essentially every week each Guild has a private lottery which can be activated by the Guilds leaders, only guild members can enter – in order to enter a player must pay 50silver minimum into a guild pot. Then, using a random name generator – only including those guild members who have paid – a name is selected and the gold mailed to them, maybe with a couple of commendations or a unique item/title related to winning the lottery. The pot would be on a seven day timer – when activated it lasts a week, giving all members a chance to enter if they wish. When the timer runs out. 10% of the final total is taken as a fee – so it acts as a gold sink as well. What do you think?

Guild Lottery

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

Gambling is illegal in many areas is the general reasoning behind games not having things like lotteries.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Guild Lottery

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

My guild has a weekly raffle. One person collects the money and randomizes the tickets. At the end of the week a random number is drawn and that person wins 80% of the pot, while the other 20% goes into the guild stash to pay for future upgrades.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Guild Lottery

in Suggestions

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Gambling is illegal in many areas is the general reasoning behind games not having things like lotteries.

Gambling is illegal in may areas, i agree. But this isn’t considered as gambling, you can’t win real money with it.
It’s the same with the moa races with the current event, that too could be considered as gambling, but it’s legal.
Just the same way with dragon coffers, there is only a small chance for it and a lot of people are buying them with gems, it is a “gamble” but still legal.

You can’t transfer any of those items or ingame gold to real money, so it isn’t considered as gambling. (Atleast this is what i think, not sure)

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Guild Lottery

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They need a ui so the players can make that decision. Right now if someone wins a lottery of gold and the GM or officer sends it to them in the mail their account can be banned. They need a system of doing this that won’t flag so that players won’t have issues with this. They can track the mailings but they need to change what they track. The way to handle this is to see if a guild is inviting people just long enough to send large chunks of gold and then sending those guildies on their way when they are done. That’s how they’d probably do it if they implemented this change and it would make it easier to catch the gold farmers and ban all of the accounts in those guilds.

Meanwhile legit guilds would be left alone for mailing a single winning amount to a player.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!