Guild Management Suggestion - Important Feature!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shirou.4098

Shirou.4098

Dear Anet,

I would realy appreciate if you guys can re-look the guild management section, Myself and another person currently own one 500 member guild each as the limit is only 500 sadly so we needed to make a second allowing all our members.

Now we are getting close reaching 500 members in our second guild and we have no way on checking inactive members from having 1000 members it’s realy hard managing your guild on kicking inactive players so below i bring my suggestion which would realy help alot!

Guild Management Suggestion:

Bring in a “Last Online” and a “Last Represented” option where we can track when last a player was logged in with his GW2 account in the guild and the option where we can see when last did a player represent the guild, just by bringing in those two options it will help guild leaders alot by mantaining their members in the guild, and then we don’t need a guild cap increase realy.

Please look into that suggestion Anet, we realy need it

Thanks!

(edited by Shirou.4098)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of NOT representing a guild is? I genuinely don’t know and I’m very curious as to why it’s even a feature. Is it because you can be in more than one guild at a time? (Something I still don’t see why you would want, I’d rather be able to have different guilds on alts or be guildless etc.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drunetovich.5602

Drunetovich.5602

All above, and Also, we need to be able to set daily withdraw limit on guild stash!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Era.2930

Era.2930

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of NOT representing a guild is? I genuinely don’t know and I’m very curious as to why it’s even a feature. Is it because you can be in more than one guild at a time? (Something I still don’t see why you would want, I’d rather be able to have different guilds on alts or be guildless etc.)

It is indeed as you think, you can have multiple guilds attached to your account therefore you can represent one guild on one day or one toon, and another on another day/toon.

Personally I never have a need to do so, but you can

in Suggestions

Shirou.4098

All above, and Also, we need to be able to set daily withdraw limit on guild stash!

For a game called Guild Wars it realy lacks guild functions :P

And i am with you on the above, the permissions regarding withdraw and permissions needs a relook as well, because giving someone withdraw permissions gives them access on withdrawing the money as well and there is no limit.. so he can realy enjoy himself and take the whole guild bank with him if he have withdraw permissions.

And what i don’t get is that there is a money deposit option on each section Guild Stash, Treasure Trove and Deep Cave.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Handies.7602

Handies.7602

Representing a guild gives that guild, guild influence. It allows you to chat in guild chat. Guild bank viewing and other basic guild features.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

Freshwater Kangaroo.8962

Representing a guild gives that guild, guild influence. It allows you to chat in guild chat. Guild bank viewing and other basic guild features.

Yeah, I knew that part, hence why I put “the purpose of NOT representing a guild”. :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

I like this suggestion, but I also don’t understand the need to have two guilds for one.

500 members is A LOT. We have our cap at 200 at the moment and if we hit it, well… that just becomes silly. 500 people is on average a reasonably sized school (where I live, anyway). We have already been kicking people for various reasons (the main one is people with a poor attitude, we try to keep a high standard).

Could you honestly name 500 people? I can’t even name the 100 in mine. I could probably tell you maybe 20 of us off the top of my head and most of us represent.

Anyway, I would thoroughly agree with OP though. We need the options for it. It helps keep people who clog up space and make the guild appear stupidly large, out.

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

in Suggestions

Posted by: Atreyu.3068

Atreyu.3068

I also agree.

I have a thread suggesting a cap raise or some way for those of us with larger guilds to manage our guilds in game. We’re at around 1,500 members presently.

The Older Gamers [TOG]
Yak’s Bend

in Suggestions

Shirou.4098

I like this suggestion, but I also don’t understand the need to have two guilds for one.

500 members is A LOT. We have our cap at 200 at the moment and if we hit it, well… that just becomes silly. 500 people is on average a reasonably sized school (where I live, anyway). We have already been kicking people for various reasons (the main one is people with a poor attitude, we try to keep a high standard).

Could you honestly name 500 people? I can’t even name the 100 in mine. I could probably tell you maybe 20 of us off the top of my head and most of us represent.

Anyway, I would thoroughly agree with OP though. We need the options for it. It helps keep people who clog up space and make the guild appear stupidly large, out.

500 is a good amount but without having a “Last Online” or “Last Represented” it’s realy hard, thats why we made 2x 500 guilds as we have no idea who is realy inactive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shyanmar.5936

Shyanmar.5936

While I really can’t understand the appeal of having 1000+ guild members (it just seems completely ridiculous, there can’t be any strong community bonds in such a large amount of players where some members probably don’t even know other members), I completely support a display of “last online” and “last represented”. It would make administrating a guild that much easier. This was something that was already implemented in GW1, and I honestly see no reason to not have it in GW2. Actually, I see no reason why it hasn’t already been implemented right form the start, it’s basically essential.

@OP:
I’d change the thread title, though … it doesn’t really say anything about what you want to suggest and may get noticed less because of that.

Goteishi [Go] — Kodash [DE]

in Suggestions

Handies.7602

While I really can’t understand the appeal of having 1000+ guild members (it just seems completely ridiculous, there can’t be any strong community bonds in such a large amount of players where some members probably don’t even know other members), I completely support a display of “last online” and “last represented”. It would make administrating a guild that much easier. This was something that was already implemented in GW1, and I honestly see no reason to not have it in GW2. Actually, I see no reason why it hasn’t already been implemented right form the start, it’s basically essential.

@OP:
I’d change the thread title, though … it doesn’t really say anything about what you want to suggest and may get noticed less because of that.

Whats the point of having a large ammount of people? That is easy to answer, So you have to spend months farming the guild influence up..

in Suggestions

Shyanmar.5936

So people are just resources, then? Sorry, I see no point in that.
Besides … my 80-member-guild already has way more influence than we could ever spend …

in Suggestions

Handies.7602

So people are just resources, then? Sorry, I see no point in that.
Besides … my 80-member-guild already has way more influence than we could ever spend …

Im guessing you dont understand the influence mechanic fully. The more guildies you have grouping the more you make. The more in a zone.. the more you make.. So yes.. the more people you have = the more rescource. Blame Anet for that.

in Suggestions

Shyanmar.5936

Oh, I understand it. I just don’t understand the mentality to want to have a lot of members for the sole reason of getting more influence (which, as I said, isn’t even necessary).

in Suggestions

Handies.7602

Oh, I understand it. I just don’t understand the mentality to want to have a lot of members for the sole reason of getting more influence (which, as I said, isn’t even necessary).

It is necessary. No one wants to join a guild with no upgrades… It has always been that way and will always remain that way

in Suggestions

Shyanmar.5936

As I said above: It isn’t necessary to have 500+ members to have upgrades. As I said above, my 80-member-guild has more influence than we need and already all the permanent upgrades possible.
I suggest you read before you post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

The reason why it could have been left out is due to it was in Guild Wars 1. ArenaNet saw what happened when it was in there. Guilds started requiring activity. A lot of players did not like this. It got a bit ridiculous in Guild Wars 1. I do not think it will be so much of a problem in Guild Wars 2 though due to the higher cap.

Personally I can see why it would be needed for some guilds. But I don’t really want it implemented if every guild is going to start requiring you to login once a week or something like that.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Suggestions

Shyanmar.5936

True.
But look at it this way: A guild that requires activity will do so regardless of a system showing last logins etc. being implemented or not. They’ll just have a harder time keeping track of it. Essentially, that could lead to guild leaders kicking people for supposed inactivity even though these people might actually have been online and active at some point, only with nobody/the wrong people noticing.
A system like the old GW1 one would prevent that.

And in the end … I think guilds demanding a certain amount of activity from their members is a good thing, because guilds carrying around a lot of inactive “dead weight” are something nobody wants. It might get ridiculous with some guilds, yes, but that’s not the fault of the system but the fault of some guild leaders being power-crazed megalomaniacs, if you get my meaning ^_-

in Suggestions

Posted by: pumpkinlykos.6954

pumpkinlykos.6954

Guild Management Suggestion:

Bring in a “Last Online” and a “Last Represented” option where we can track when last a player was logged in with his GW2 account in the guild and the option where we can see when last did a player represent the guild, just by bringing in those two options it will help guild leaders alot by mantaining their members in the guild, and then we don’t need a guild cap increase realy.

I completely agree. I would love to see this feature intoduced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

True.
But look at it this way: A guild that requires activity will do so regardless of a system showing last logins etc. being implemented or not. They’ll just have a harder time keeping track of it. Essentially, that could lead to guild leaders kicking people for supposed inactivity even though these people might actually have been online and active at some point, only with nobody/the wrong people noticing.
A system like the old GW1 one would prevent that.

And in the end … I think guilds demanding a certain amount of activity from their members is a good thing, because guilds carrying around a lot of inactive “dead weight” are something nobody wants. It might get ridiculous with some guilds, yes, but that’s not the fault of the system but the fault of some guild leaders being power-crazed megalomaniacs, if you get my meaning ^_-

I think that is completely dependent on the type of guild they are running. My viewpoint is I don’t want to have to remember to login just so I can stay active in the guild. At this moment I do not have this problem as the guild I have chosen only has activity requirements in Guild Wars 1 just to keep the roster clean. That and the requirements are not that harsh.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto