Guild Management Tools?

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronin Sorrowwind.3148

Ronin Sorrowwind.3148

I would like to inquire if there is plans to update Guild management with some additional tools in the near future? I am a returning player from GW1 and have been an active fan for many years. We ported our guild from GW1 over to GW2 at beta with a bit of re-branding. However we are having issues keeping players engaged and active in GW2. The current tool set does not show last log in or maybe with the influence system how bout Influence earned for a given member to your guild. Now if a player logs off 5 minutes before I log on I don’t know who is afoot or who is dead idle since the roster pops them down in alpha order ipo as they last logged on. or off. This for us has resulted in very lack luster membership/activity as people know they can play or sit idle and no one will know. It also prevents me from rewarding very active players that might be on when I’m working with promotion and maybe some loot if they are doing above and beyond. I also cannot purge my roster of dead idle players and now when recruiting new folks they see a dead roster and promptly leave or rep another guild. Without the alliance system here a better set of guild management tools for this would be a great addition and a huge asset to maintaining a healthy guild roster. We went from a 100 strong active at one point in GW1 and hosting several districts for the Canthan feast with Blade Radio to barely having 10 active on per night in GW2. Any help for this with some tools on the horizon?

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axiarus.2376

Axiarus.2376

I also second the notion of better tools for guild management. Last time since online is a given for any MMO. Mass mail would also be handy. More symbols for ranks would be great too. Also, having “able to invite” and “admin lower ranks” in one checkbox is highly irritating.

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danzo.3679

Danzo.3679

GW2 needs to see this and add better guild management tools

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: jburleson.1538

jburleson.1538

I agree 100%. I too am a guild leader and the current guild system leaves me wanting more. In addition to what is previously stated in this post, we also need better communication options. For example, it would be GREAT to have an email tool to be able to send private messages to all (or specific) guild mates. The guild chat option in the chat tool is just not good enough to communicate with my members and not all of us have the time to run a guild website.

The “Message of the Day” section also needs to be expanded. It is way too limited the way it is now. Either expand it completely or keep it the way it is now and add another tab in the guild screen that contains communication options. These two options would fairly easy to implement versus a large scale game addition such as Guild Halls.

And that leads me to my third gripe… Guild Halls. WE NEED GUILD HALLS ASAP. In the guild halls we could have a bulletin board, mailbox, etc. where all of the guild’s communications are located. Guild Halls should be fully customizable, inside and out, depending on the size of the guild. Guild Halls should be in the open world and not instanced. This way every player on the server can see your Guild Hall even though they don’t have access inside. Hell, I would even pay for a Guild Hall and its accessories with real life money from the Gem Store.

This game has GUILD in its name but the game severely lacks GUILD content. ANet please give us some guild content on par with all of the other great content you have been rolling out lately.

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Ronin Sorrowwind.3148

Also one of these comments made me remember also.. The MOTD has to be retyped every time it is entered. How bout also an edit feature..Sometimes someone miss-spells a word and you cannot correct without re-doing the whole thing..

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: lMIKUl.7956

lMIKUl.7956

I REALLY WANT THIS DONE!!!!

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Baci.7164

Baci.7164

I agree that we need better management tools. I have no idea when the last time my guild was represented by active players let alone last log in for inactive players. I would like to be able to track if members represent my guild so I might have a better idea of whether people need to be kicked or moved up/down in rank based on activity level.

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fire Opal.8137

Fire Opal.8137

I dont understand why they can have when you joined guild in GW and when person last played it is not possible in gw2. I dont mind the playing in other guilds, but can it show when that person also last represent that guild. And yes the Motd is a pain, have to retype everything all the time. I would like more choices for the guild options for ranking also. Wider range of what a person can do in the guild. Last would be nice to have a warning are we sure we want to promote, kick etc. in battle or lag, not sure how many times i have accidentally kicked from guild or put wrong promotion.
Thank you

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fire Opal.8137

Fire Opal.8137

One other thing…..if a person joins a guild with a name and leaves the guild, could not that same name be shown. But do want date the person did join the guild also. Hard to know who to promote and when. If a guild can get the size of 500, I am not or cannot remember everyone and keeping track is almost impossible. If roaster if changing on a daily bases. Would also be nice to have a choice of looking for people in guild A to Z, professions, etc. Would be nice to have a guild mail also to send mail to many of the guildies and not doing it one by one. Just ideas

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draconius.9076

Draconius.9076

this is not an option it simply has to be done …
Managing guilds right now is like trying to win a race with only one leg…
the tools are incomplete en inadequate they have to make this a priority…

Guild: Order of an Allied Tyria [OAT] ~°~ Co-leader
Server: Underworld

Guild Management Tools?

in Suggestions

Ronin Sorrowwind.3148

I think that if this was one of the side projects it might give a pause between in game content, That way we could have some great tools and not try to have to rush through the content to be on top of it before the next update is released..