Guild Name Change Feature

in Suggestions

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

New Guild Name Change Feature
Tired of your handle? Rename your Guild and Tag with the new Name Change feature!

1600 gems allowed only for the guild leader .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

I would like to change my guild name to something more subtle. There are so many currency we could use to offer this kind of option, from influences to gems to even guild merit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cepheus.2957

Cepheus.2957

I support this idea. I would be happy to pay any reasonable price (no souls, no firstborns, no blood prices) to be able to change my guild name; we have a good amount of work done, but have new ideas and new plans now; a disbanding would only be a hindrance and beneficial to no one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: McSorran.1709

McSorran.1709

I also support this idea, I found my guild name is too similar to that of an existing guild.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Please. I’d love this.

Bumping this old topic because it deserves a fresh look. =3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Count me in too.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: aMOODYswede.2986

aMOODYswede.2986

Yeah i have had several people not want to join mine because of the name

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katlyntje.7962

Katlyntje.7962

Yes please. A very heartfelt +1 for this!

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There’s always a boom tomorrow. BOOM!

Primary: Gizzmologist Saikka – Asura Engineer

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I would say to do this as well but for influence + merits and depending on the size of the guild.

Guilds with less then 10 members can change the name for 50.000 influence (wich is a steep but doable price).

Guilds with 10-50 members need 25 merits + 50.000 inlfuence.

Guilds with 50-100 members need 50 merits + 50.000 influence

Guilds 100-250 members need 100 merits + 50.000 influence

Guild with 250-500 members need 500 merits + 50.000 influence

This asures you that a guild that wants to change can change if, a good portion of the members wants it and is willing to put in effort to succeed.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yes, this is needed. It’s just as easy to be unhappy with your guild name as it is for your character name. I could see myself paying up to $20 for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MoonDust.4187

MoonDust.4187

Yes, I would pay gems to change my guild name as well. More money for you for a simple little edit option.

Thanks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MoonDust.4187

MoonDust.4187

What is the status of this? Does GuildWars monitor these and reply if they will add or not?

in Suggestions

mercury ranique.2170

Arenanet employees do read all suggestions. They do not involve in discussing things here. This has to do with copyright claims. As long as they can claim they didnt saw it, the poster of a suggestion can’t claim to be the intelectual owner if it really gets implemented.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warmaster Gibbon.4765

Warmaster Gibbon.4765

I would love for this to be a thing, even if it costs gems, so be it!

Commander, Guild Leader of [Jynx]
Warrior – Borlis Pass

in Suggestions

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

I would say to do this as well but for influence + merits and depending on the size of the guild.

Guilds with less then 10 members can change the name for 50.000 influence (wich is a steep but doable price).

Guilds with 10-50 members need 25 merits + 50.000 inlfuence.

Guilds with 50-100 members need 50 merits + 50.000 influence

Guilds 100-250 members need 100 merits + 50.000 influence

Guild with 250-500 members need 500 merits + 50.000 influence

This asures you that a guild that wants to change can change if, a good portion of the members wants it and is willing to put in effort to succeed.

I believe it’s easier and better to just do it through the gem store. Seeing a guild can just kick or make all its members leave, then pay the minimum price and re-invite everyone for the name change. Kind of defeating the purpose then ^^

Arenanet employees do read all suggestions. They do not involve in discussing things here. This has to do with copyright claims. As long as they can claim they didnt saw it, the poster of a suggestion can’t claim to be the intelectual owner if it really gets implemented.

Did they state this somewhere explicitly or is this like a “most-likely” kind of thing? I did not even think of this but you do have a very good point on this matter

in Suggestions

Juba.8406

Bump by an Asura

in Suggestions

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

Please add a way to change the guild tag as well.

in Suggestions

mercury ranique.2170

Did they state this somewhere explicitly or is this like a “most-likely” kind of thing? I did not even think of this but you do have a very good point on this matter
[/quote]

Sorry,
I haven’t seen this post for ages and missed the question. Yes they have said it, but please don’t ask me to quote them. It has been recently confirmed by mods that they do read all suggestions. The point bout not commenting has been said a long time ago before there where official forums. In those time (pre-gw2, but during gw1) suggestions where made on the wiki. On the unofficial then independent forum guildwarsguru a discussing was going on that making suggestions was useless. An arenanet official (don’t remember who) jumped in and explained that they read everything but can’t comment or discuss them cause it might give copyright issues.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bastet.5302

Bastet.5302

Sorry,
I haven’t seen this post for ages and missed the question. Yes they have said it, but please don’t ask me to quote them. It has been recently confirmed by mods that they do read all suggestions. The point bout not commenting has been said a long time ago before there where official forums. In those time (pre-gw2, but during gw1) suggestions where made on the wiki. On the unofficial then independent forum guildwarsguru a discussing was going on that making suggestions was useless. An arenanet official (don’t remember who) jumped in and explained that they read everything but can’t comment or discuss them cause it might give copyright issues.[/quote]

Well, this is the answer I got from them when I contacted them through another chanel (direct report): “Unfortunately, we do not have any information available about this particular topic (…). We have found that the best way for the development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through our official forums. We ask players to post their ideas in our Official Forums, within the Suggestions sub-forum located here. Members of the Development Team read the Suggestions Forum daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a specific idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.”
So yeah, apparently they read it. I found no info on the matter however. But I do think allowing guilds to change their name would be well received, and here I give the example of my own guild, who was meant to be a small one, only with friends in it, and the name was kinda weird. It didn’t matter then, but our idea of the guild itself changed, and we would want to expend it, and now this name is only a hindrance. I don’t think I’m the only one in this case, so really, it would be a great update to do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Red Renegade.3824

Red Renegade.3824

I approve of this, as well i would also like it if they reset guilds that have remained inactive for too long to clear up names

in Suggestions

Juba.8406

every day a Quaggan dies by an evil Asura .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kazreal.7680

Kazreal.7680

This may be more complex than other games. They have to contend with everyone in the guild and the other guilds that they may be a part of. Also the cross server thing may be an issue as well. The fix would be that everyone except the leader, leaves the guild. This might make it easier and quicker for the Devs to offer the guild name change. and then re-invite everyone after the name change.
Or. . .
It might be real easy for them to do and they are just waiting for more people to want it so they can drive up the value of the option.
Either way, I hope this happens soon! My money is getting impatient!

stripped of will and soul, only
their thirst for freedom gives them hunger for vengeance…’