[Guild] Show guild members on map/mini-map

in Suggestions

Posted by: jeremo.2491

jeremo.2491

Our guild is a very VERY social guild, and we just love running around the world as big groups leveling together etc. The hardest part is keeping everyone together.

What I suggest is adding an option per user to be able to show guild members on the map/mini-map. This would only show members actively representing the guild. Their dots would the the tan/yellow color like their names are when you run across one in the world. Then your party members would still stay blue.

You would also have to allow users to opt-out of letting themselves be seen on the map, because sometimes you just want to be alone so we’d like to respect those players choices of not wanting to be a part of an event etc.

I’m not sure if there is already a guild function that you can purchase since i’m not the guild leader but just suggesting this as a whole.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JaveyHavok.1840

JaveyHavok.1840

I was actually thinking about this a few days ago. I agree with this suggestion. I would love to spot guild members on my mini-map, not the main main, unless it’s only for the zone I’m in, so I can spot those in the same area as me.

And the same way we can be Invisible to those on our friends list, we should be be able to opt out from guildies spotting us on the map.

TC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mrpopo.4593

Mrpopo.4593

agree this would be nice not every one has the 100 gold for the commander book

in Suggestions

JaveyHavok.1840

agree this would be nice not every one has the 100 gold for the commander book

Oh is that what the Commander book is for? Interesting… and unfair. QQ

TC

in Suggestions

jeremo.2491

Being able to have it without the commander book is good because if you are part of 3 guilds, every guild would need to have it purchased. It’s more of a personal preference for your character if you want to see others or be seen by others.

in Suggestions

JaveyHavok.1840

Yes, I think this should be a core feature instead of something you have to spend 100g on. People my say I’m playing the wrong way but I can barely make 2 gold a day. I won’t be able to afford that.

TC

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I support the idea. It’s very hard for a small guild to group together 8 or 15 at a time.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Suggestions

jeremo.2491

Illconceived, exactly! We had 2 groups just questing together in the same zone, and it was very difficult to stick together…the only way was because me and my wife were each in 1 group so everyone just stuck near one of us because we were always by eachother since we were sitting right next to eachother. Not everyone has that luxury so technically we have an advantage over other guilds mwuahahahhaah Hax for the win! lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

I recall reading somewhere that the reason they didn’t do this was to save some overhead bandwidth. Probably true, but it would make sense to add this feature anyway. Hi moderator. /waves

Also, it still feels like the game is very unpolished, so perhaps your request as well as the entire functionality of the squad leader will be implemented one day soon.

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadow Phoenixz.6534

Shadow Phoenixz.6534

I agree with this it would be really nice, since not everyone can fit in your party

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

Or…how about making the party sizes bigger? I’m a post.

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

in Suggestions

jeremo.2491

I would imagine it would take the same amount of bandwidth or less than seeing that person on your screen, which actually is more bandwidth because you have to load on the fly all their armor, race, and what they flat out look like. All the textures are on your computer (for the most part) and it just loads ID’s on the fly and references that on the hard drive ( my guess) so loading a dot and coordinates in theory would take a far substantially less amount. (in my opinion)

:)

in Suggestions

jeremo.2491

I think the party sizes are fine personally.

in Suggestions

JaveyHavok.1840

Or…how about making the party sizes bigger? I’m a post.

This as well, I would be happy they at least start by increasing the number to 10 party members, with a vote, who just wants to venture and RP around. Of course if they try to do a dungeon with more than 5 members a pop up window should show up saying that the maximum requirement is five party members.

TC