Guild Tax

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

Pretty simple i want to add a weekly guild tax to people in my guild.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: gitterrost.2154

gitterrost.2154

And where exactly would that gold go? To you? To the Guild bank? And what would that money be used for? There’s virtually nothing for a guild, that costs gold.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

So… You want to add a tax to the players of your guild so that you can…. Do what exactly? Keep it to yourself? Who would ever enter a guild where you had to pay in order to be in it? I find that to be a bit pointless.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: K Renegade.4028

K Renegade.4028

You don’t really need the Devs to make a guild tax system. If you really wanted to tax your guild (which I find pointless based on the fact that guilds buy almost nothing with gold, but I digress) just have the people in you guild send you the money through the mail system weekly. It would allow you to keep track of who pays your guild tax, as long as you’re not lazy.

I got nothing witty to say, pretend I wrote something epic here.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Pretty sure you can keep track of who puts stuff into the guildbank so if you really want to tax guildmates for being in your guild maybe pick a time/day of the week then get them all to pay a stipend into the guild coffers(instead of directly to you) and keep track of who did then you’ll have a way to moan at those who fialed to pay there dues without seeming like your pocketing cash from guildmates for illicit reasons(maybe you have a squabgrass addiction or something lol), obviously your gonna have to prevent players taking stuff from the trove etc during this time to prevent people later taking the cash back but hey its literally a couple of clicks so hardly hard to do.

Not exactly sure why you’d want to charge for the privaledge of being in your guild when others dont but hey your guild your rules.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Taobella.6597

guild bank of course people would abuse it if moved to a single player. i have talk to my guild from 2 point of view on this we could tax 1 gold a week across 500 player = 500g that could be used in to helping people get legandary faster or help build Superior siege for WvW. i math out rough number of 410g 700 skill point a week you could craft 100 every Superior siege weapon.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Ummm….. they already contribute to the Guild, it’s called influence. Anything else is optional. Honestly, it sounds like you want the gold for yourself. Because who would get to use the Superior Siege or anything else?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

guild bank of course people would abuse it if moved to a single player. i have talk to my guild from 2 point of view on this we could tax 1 gold a week across 500 player = 500g that could be used in to helping people get legandary faster or help build Superior siege for WvW. i math out rough number of 410g 700 skill point a week you could craft 100 every Superior siege weapon.

It could be abused if it was in the guild bank too. All it would take is one rouge member or officer to take it all . Also if you have to force your members to help get a guildie a legendary through taxation then its not much of a guild is it? They should be willing to help simply by being asked .

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kellnor.5428

Kellnor.5428

YES YES AND YES.

Have money sent to guild bank to fund siege weapons, fortifications, and eventually upgrades to Guild Halls.

Many PvE guilds don’t understand but its INCREDIBLY expensive to fund a permanent, successful, WvW presence (I easily burn anywhere between 2 and 20 gold a night on siege weapons, upgrades, etc depending on what’s happening).

Most of my Guildies are phenomenal and remember to pay their dues (and many pay extra) however some sort of “reminder” system or system to track who has payed weekly would be FANTASTIC.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD THIS!!!!!!

Commander Kell Swiftfire, Jade Quarry
Co-Leader & Defensive Strategist of Empërium [EMP]

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Taobella.6597

Your misunderstanding Even if i have the gold to make these siege weapon it 700 skill point a week. everyone in the guild have to be taking part in building these and ontop that siege blueprint can be traded. just weapon switch when holding it and it drop on the ground the person who bought the siege has priory over it.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

So I can be rich and buy kittens.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solvar.7953

Solvar.7953

I would think that any such tax would have to be voluntary.

Otherwise, I see numerous problems – player joins a guild and not realizes it taxes them (and if low level , 1 g/week might be all they have). Or you are part of a guild who starts taxing, but you have taken a break from the game for a while, only to log in 3 months later to find out you have been taxed the last 2 months and a lot your gold is gone.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Taobella.6597

well of course there have to be some control option for people offline maybe take the gold first week if they been “offline for 2 weeks” it just auto kick them from the guild. i also talking to another guildie that suggesting another way of taxing as set % based on what your doing in game from like dungeon gold and mobs. just move it straight to the guild bank.

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I won’t join guilds that levy tax. It’s ridiculous. If you want my gold, you should ask and if I respect you, I may give it. Being a guild leader is not enough to gain my respect….

Our guild required everyone to have a few blueprints on them at all time. That works just as well.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Guild Tax

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

most other games that have guild taxes yeah does like taobella states, so you kill a mob, and then a certain amount of the money you get from that mob goes to the guild bank, so anything that you do in the game that generate money would take that % to the guildbank