Guild Wars 2 Personal and Guild houses

in Suggestions

Posted by: Private Caboose.8745

Private Caboose.8745

My friend had a good idea that we should all be able to purchase a home or a guild house in the game and be able to hang trophies and and hold meetings or something in there, and customizing the house when you have enough money to do so. We were thinking that it could be somewhere in all of the starting areas race (hoelbrack, divinity’s reach, ect.) Because everyone would wanna buy a house and it would take forever to load everyone’s house, to be like an instance when you walk near the location. An example could be like in the Elder Scrolls series. I would like to hear some other people’s thoughts on this idea!

(edited by Private Caboose.8745)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordZeebee.5102

LordZeebee.5102

There already is ^^ i never ever visit it and it feels kinda pointless but it’s there i know that for the Sylvari it’s called the dreamers terrance or something but i haven’t played much of the other races :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mujen.5287

Mujen.5287

I’ve always loved player housing, it’s a great way add a form of player ownership. Anet has already stated that they will eventually be adding player homes, and expanding your “home district” at a later time.

Personally I hope they take one of two approaches to this. Aion housing system, making a universal home district so that you can actually have neighbors to visit your home, or Rift which allows you to have your own area which you can customize both inside and outside.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lunasun.2491

Lunasun.2491

There already is ^^ i never ever visit it and it feels kinda pointless but it’s there i know that for the Sylvari it’s called the dreamers terrance or something but i haven’t played much of the other races :P

Im not sure what you are referring to. Zebee, but im sure there is no such thing as player/guild homes yet…

I would love to have my own home, and a guild hall would be beyond awesome, all my guildies want it really bad!

Guild Leader of: We R In Style – Server: Underworld
http://werinstyle.shivtr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/WeRInStyle

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Im not sure what you are referring to. Zebee, but im sure there is no such thing as player/guild homes yet…

I would love to have my own home, and a guild hall would be beyond awesome, all my guildies want it really bad!

There is an instance in each character’s racial home city which acts as a ‘home’ in as much as it changes to reflect decisions made in your personal story. You can’t purchase anything or adapt it other than through choices made in your story.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_instance

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As long as they don’t do it like Ultima Online where people could buy houses and place them anywhere out in the world. On any server with a decent population it got to the point where the biggest challenge in exploring the “wilderness” was finding a way between the houses.

Personally I’d like player houses to be instanced. Ideally they’d be within the home instance since that is supposed to be where your character lives, but maybe there could be options to buy houses in other places (also instanced).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

This will never be implemented.

in Suggestions

Danikat.8537

What makes you think that?

Anet have said they’re going to add player housing and guild halls at some point in the future, but that it’s not a priority.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

no they won’t it should have been released by now but they havent so they wont release it. dont fight me on it

in Suggestions

Danikat.8537

Oh, I see.

So we won’t ever be getting the end of the Flame & Frost story arc, complete sets of Ascended armor, a way to change character names, the Legendary scavenger hunt or any expansion packs either then?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deekers.2031

Deekers.2031

I’m like you, I wish GW2 had them. Plus, that would be a way for them to make money, and for their players to enjoy the game more.

Since there are no houses in the near future of GW2, if at all, I’m going to recommend you look elsewhere for your housing fix. If you want player housing and guild halls – they exist in Everquest 2, and they are awesome. They are so good that some people pay real money to buy the houses and the items that go in them (you can also buy them with in game currency, get items from quests, display trophies and pets, etc. I like the free New Halas 2 room house). They also have housing leaderboards, people decorate them, you can visit their houses, and they get ranked based on likes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Don’t worry guys, GW2 will probably have them in the future.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Suggestions

Posted by: ngel.9847

ngel.9847

As much i would love to have them, i am very very afraid of something like “Your house key will drop off a moon lizard at 0.001% chance, that spawns once a week , once per server and will be affected by DR. To provide another method of acquiring said item there shall be a lunar rain along with a moon lizard invasion in which keys shall drop. Also guilds will need catapult research 24 and politics 56 to open a mission to attempt to lobby and bribe officials to place their hall in a premium location. Bribes will require gems to be successful. Cooldown is 4 years.”

Then stuff will buffed and then nerfed and then the keys will pop up in the TP and the forums will be reset for a second round of verbal massacres.

The idea is great and i am all for it. What worries me is how it shall be implemented

-Edit for spelling

in Suggestions

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

As long as they don’t do it like Ultima Online where people could buy houses and place them anywhere out in the world. On any server with a decent population it got to the point where the biggest challenge in exploring the “wilderness” was finding a way between the houses.

But i doubt GW2 will ever implement sandbox player controlled content. Because so far it is the opposite: very strictly dictated non-player controlled gameplay.

Personally I’d like player houses to be instanced. Ideally they’d be within the home instance since that is supposed to be where your character lives, but maybe there could be options to buy houses in other places (also instanced).

“Instanced” takes away neighborhood and community personality/bonding, and functions. They can make much bigger worlds now, and include non-instanced zones just for housing…so that when you are there you are exploring the homes, yards, community and people.

But i doubt GW2 will ever implement sandbox player controlled content. Because so far the game is very strictly dictated non-player controlled gameplay.

(edited by lisamee.2408)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Instanced Fully Editable Housing like What RIFT has

i would dedicate my life to this game if it would have that.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Housing without the ability to customize it, would be a complete waste!

I’d like to see shops replace venders & TP , where you could see and try on clothes, armor, shop for items and sell crafted goods.

in Suggestions

Posted by: blanketfreak.8913

blanketfreak.8913

I would love to see housing like they had in Dark Age of Camelot or like Rift has now. I just hope they dont do instance housing like Ever Quest 2 had

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Anet has already stated that they will eventually be adding player homes, and expanding your “home district” at a later time.

Almost correct. They have stated that they would like to, but also that they’re not actively working on either player homes or guild halls.

Spitting in the face of those who bought the game especially for that, and trusted them when they stated it would be added ‘at a later date’.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Suggestions

Posted by: austenharb.1635

austenharb.1635

All I really want is Guild Halls. Player housing would be cool and all. They should make Guild Halls for two main reasons. One, to allow other guild members to hangout and interact with fellow members as well as compare achievements. Two, allow non-guild members to check out the guild stats and members as well as submit requests to join the guild. Guild Halls would also be a great way for guilds to show off to each other and further creating more guild interaction throughout the game.
I think that with Guild Halls there should be a great deal of customization that includes items that can only be obtained through completing challenges and special events, as wall as purchasing with gems/ real money so people can tell who is really into the game or not.
The best way to provide the halls would probably be through instance areas and or mini world you would portal to so as to accommodate for the large amount of guilds. There should be an entrance area that all players start in guild members included then rooms that are deemed public or members only. The public areas could be where achievements are displayed for all to see as well as guild officers to interact with potential guild members.
All in all I would be willing to pay money for the hall and items to customize it with, so arena net this is a great money making potential if money is needed but it probably isn’t needed.

I have a dream, some day I will play as a Kodan

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

There is an instance in each character’s racial home city which acts as a ‘home’ in as much as it changes to reflect decisions made in your personal story. You can’t purchase anything or adapt it other than through choices made in your story.

You just blew my mind.. How did I not know this.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Anet have said they’re going to add player housing and guild halls at some point in the future, but that it’s not a priority.

Id tend to believe what Salacious has said. I know they said it, but its not going to happen. They are dropping this game pretty quick development wise. We don’t see the figures, but it appears they aren’t making enough money on this game to warrant the level of development we want them to put in.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Id tend to believe what Salacious has said. I know they said it, but its not going to happen. They are dropping this game pretty quick development wise. We don’t see the figures, but it appears they aren’t making enough money on this game to warrant the level of development we want them to put in.

Not making money? With 3million sales and continuing player base rise? Can you post a link for this theory please.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

You just blew my mind.. How did I not know this.

I have clocked 700 hours on my account with 3 level 80s, and I never knew this …

in Suggestions

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Unless you didnt do map completion in your race city or didnt bother with the personal story…i see it as normal to not known this because of nobody really point this out in map chat or normal conversations.

I took an arrow to the knee

in Suggestions

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

literally the only difference between my charr starting instance before doing anything and after beating the whole personal story are some skritt hanging out in a side room of one building

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jam.3258

Jam.3258

I’d love a player house on the wall of Divinity’s Reach. Either internal or external. Or maybe one in the Wizard’s Fief. Actually I might need several houses. Master keys for each, so I could make access-keys to give to friends. Wizard’s Tower as a legendary guild hall?