Guild hall and personal housing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

At some time in the near future of guildwars 2 we will get guild halls and personal housing. I have a few really good ideas on how this could be done. First off the server space to run this well anticipated aspect of the game could be sold in the gem store as plots of land from one of the cultural areas located off each city. Your housing would have to basically look like the cultural building of the area but your imagination has no limit. The materials for the buildings all ready exist in the gathering threw out the game just a couple of items needs to be added like stone, clay, and glass. Crafting stations could be set up in the new lands to refine the materials to useful items used for building and furnishing. Dyes that you already have can be used as paint and cloth dyes. More crafting station will be needed to create building components and furniture the building process could be similar to minecraft. Since some of the crafting materials don’t exist in the game yet a stack of each basic element stone, clay and glass would be included with the land plot purchase, then more could be gathered in game from the added nods. Exploring The areas could be an open to all to just walk around and check out what other people have built but can’t enter a house without being in a party with the house owner. Plots of land could be sold in three different sizes and be sold in the gem store in three different price ranges. Also you can pick from different land features like mountain, forest. Lake front ocean front, desert
Guild halls could be built in a similar way with guildies donating crafting materials to build it. Maybe better yet the guild buys a plot of land, builds the guild hall like a castle and each guildy gets a small plot next to the guild hall to build a house.
Next to your house you could have a little garden to grow special plants to use in crafting and cooking. You would have to do some king of event to get seeds and go to different places in the game world to get water and fertilizer. The water from some lake or river, or guano from some mountain cave bat could add special properties to the plants.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

(edited by Feirlista Xv.1425)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ivan.3279

Ivan.3279

I think that a guild “house” would be very great or something where only people in the same guild can be access to discuss or meet. The place can be upgraded by the influence to enlarge the house and transform it in a mansion and then in a castle! In the house you can buy many improvements like vendors, mystic forge, bank access, minigames ecc…
In short I will be very happy if I see something “social”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Temperess Midnight.8326

Temperess Midnight.8326

would be nice to bring it back

in Suggestions

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

guild halls would be a welcome addition… makes me wonder why they weren’t in to begin with

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amiceli.3847

Amiceli.3847

Hey guys!

I am a Guild Wars 1 Veteran and i am REALLY missing the old Guild Halls.
I suggest The GW2 Team to reinvent them.

Why?
1. You have a room for your guild only. You can hang out with them in a private room and have a good time just with your guild.
2. You can meet up for Events/Missions etc with your guild.2
3. There could be Guild Missions / Bosses / Raids starting in this hall only for your Guild.
This would create a more important Role for Guilds and their Teamwork.
4. Merchants/Bank/Crafting tables in the Guild Hall would be awesome so you can go back to you hall and manage your things without running around in cities crowding them. You also could have a group conversation without filling the Guild Chat neither the city chats.
5. A PvP System like GW1 was awesome. – the feeling to defend your home castle/town/hall or to attack and conquer others.
6. GW2 could have way more options to personalize your hall
7. It would be a great thing to spend your guild points for so you create your own castle/hall for the work you do in the Guild.

These are only a few advantages a Guild Hall would bring to you.
I am sure you guys have more and even better ideas.
So feel free to tell us about your ideas about a Guild Hall in GW 2!

Greetings
Fate of Rey

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I’ve wanted guild halls for a long time too. Even though the merchant system is very different in gw2 than it was in gw1, guild halls offered soo much room to make your guild feel comfortable and like a family (LIKE a family).

Unfortunately there is no guild tab for achievments, because there is nothing for a guild to really achieve. Zerging in wvw isn’t anything special and guild missions aren’t the hardest. More challenging guild missions maybe, reward some plaques or statues.

One thing I really wish we would have if guild halls were added would be some sort of node collection. Like do X achievement(s) or collect X merits to unlock a mine, then upgrade the mine to offer the various metals (iron, silver, gold, mithril, orichalcum), a garden for foods (holds x amount of food types, some sort of mini quest to unlock seeds for a crop) and various trees. Make guild halls not only a way to show off but a way to make the day easier.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

One thing I really wish we would have if guild halls were added would be some sort of node collection. Like do X achievement(s) or collect X merits to unlock a mine, then upgrade the mine to offer the various metals (iron, silver, gold, mithril, orichalcum), a garden for foods (holds x amount of food types, some sort of mini quest to unlock seeds for a crop) and various trees. Make guild halls not only a way to show off but a way to make the day easier.

Holy crap, yes! I like the idea of a mine, kind of expanding the land your guild “owns”. Putting crafting stations and maybe even moving some of the guild vendors into the hall would be a good thing as well.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Amiceli.3847

Awesome idea. Though i think they won’t do that because large Guilds would have a too high advantage. Still there could be more challenges for Guilds like Bosses etc. Statues and Flags for certain points are awesome too.
But you guys already show the varity of Guild Halls!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trilla.4109

Trilla.4109

I’m 100% sure that people have been asking for guild halls since alpha testing considering Guild Wars 1 had them and it was the cornerstone of their ranked PvP ladder. So that’s what, years before the game was even released? Either they’re just not going to add them or it’s just a plan to make more money by putting them in an expansion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

I’m 100% sure that people have been asking for guild halls since alpha testing considering Guild Wars 1 had them and it was the cornerstone of their ranked PvP ladder. So that’s what, years before the game was even released? Either they’re just not going to add them or it’s just a plan to make more money by putting them in an expansion.

Think like Arena Net for a second…….
“We have thougt about it, and already got a small team working on it, we will give you further notice in the future”.
Just kidding.
Thoug, it took them about a year to creat a lfg tool in the game, even thoug they are saying that they want it to be 100% polished……It looks like its more or less made in a week – max a month…..

Thoug, I agree. Guild Halls would increase the fun of actually being in a guild, and more or less give us a reason to get more involved with our guild.

in Suggestions

Amiceli.3847

@Trilla

I don’t think they would put it into a expansion kit. Guild Halls are for a Guild not for certain people who buy a expansion. And A-Net gives us a large game content with Guild Wars 2 for a really acceptable price!

in Suggestions

Amiceli.3847

Let’s go people there have to be more great ideas about new Guild Halls in GW 2!!

in Suggestions

Feirlista Xv.1425

Yes we do need guild halls but I don’t see it happening until next year Anet said there will be guild halls and housing eventually.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I want a house in the unending ocean. That way I can gaze off in the waters and hope to see bubbles.

@Amiceli, it all depends on how they go about mines or gardens. I mentioned a cap to the amount of space you can mine/harvest in.

As for guild missions, unfortunately more always means stronger. Unless they find a perfect scaling system larger guilds will likely take more trophies than smaller guilds. Still, would be nice to have some statues for a guild accomplishment.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

No, to much MC which is a kid game

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I vote for this! Thumbs up!

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I’m not sure I understand the bit about giving certain guilds an advantage. In my mind’s eye, when I see guild halls, I don’t see anything that would make one guild truly gain anything that the others can’t with work.

In World of Warcraft my guild consisted of me and three friends. We were able to max out our guild perks in about six months of playing and actively trying. The guild systems are a little more in dept with GW2, and I would expect Guild Halls to be difficult to obtain, but I don’t think making it inaccessible by the smaller guilds is a good move.

I see the guild hall as a place to gather and hang out, maybe install some cosmetic things like a bar and the sort. Adding the crafting tables (I think individually) and things would be kind of cool. Expanding the land around your hall to be able to get a mine is a cool idea, but could be exploitable if they aren’t careful with its design.

One last kind of new thought, at least for me, maybe offer a “rested XP” bonus for logging out in your represented guild’s hall. In order to get it the guild must first build the barracks addition to activate the buff.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Feirlista Xv.1425

It doesn’t have to be just like Minecraft, just used it a an example the point is no cookie cutter housing we need the ability to be creative in this aspect of the game.

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Openeing too much creativity can be dangerous. Player-made content is the future of gaming, but I’m not sure it has a place in Guild Wars just yet. There needs to be limitations and restrictions placed on things so you can’t break the game at will (or on accident), as will most assuredly happen. I think that keeping as much of the housing and guild halls out of the gem store as possible would be a better way to keep people in the game. Personally I only spend X amount on games each month, and I don’t want to need to spend some of that on something easily managed as base content. Also, if there are certain advantages to having said content, it would bring about a feeling of pay-to-win, and then they’ll lose players.

Overall that majority of your thoughts aren’t bad, I think it may just be too wide-scoped for the Guild Wars genre and community.

in Suggestions

Amiceli.3847

Well i actually thought about not that complex guild halls. More like little outposts to build up and play GvG and Missions with your guild. The advantage for large Guild’s will not be there because the Champion events and so on already scale on the amount of players participating in it. The mining and harvesting thing depends on the Guild’s input = output means that Guild’s that invest time and points in upgrading them should be able to harvest more. It’s the same thing like farming a lot as a single person.
Also you could create Guild halls in connection to WvW. E.g. a totally upgraded Guild Hall will allow you to instantly take a turrer/sige/outpost at a certain upgraded point. This would increase the interest of Guild claiming in WvW aswell as the sustainability of capturing turrets for Guilds.
At all there are so many ways to get the halls into this game, A Net should really think about that.
Maybe start up with them as a gathering point with a few Missions / bosses maybe in a small extra map for every Guild as a new upgrading point. A expansion to the game is possible at any time!

in Suggestions

Amiceli.3847

Whyever this topics have been moved together

At some time in the near future of guildwars 2 we will get guild halls and personal housing. I have a few really good ideas on how this could be done. First off the server space to run this well anticipated aspect of the game could be sold in the gem store as plots of land from one of the cultural areas located off each city. Your housing would have to basically look like the cultural building of the area but your imagination has no limit. The materials for the buildings all ready exist in the gathering threw out the game just a couple of items needs to be added like stone, clay, and glass. Crafting stations could be set up in the new lands to refine the materials to useful items used for building and furnishing. Dyes that you already have can be used as paint and cloth dyes. More crafting station will be needed to create building components and furniture the building process could be similar to minecraft. Since some of the crafting materials don’t exist in the game yet a stack of each basic element stone, clay and glass would be included with the land plot purchase, then more could be gathered in game from the added nods. Exploring The areas could be an open to all to just walk around and check out what other people have built but can’t enter a house without being in a party with the house owner. Plots of land could be sold in three different sizes and be sold in the gem store in three different price ranges. Also you can pick from different land features like mountain, forest. Lake front ocean front, desert
Guild halls could be built in a similar way with guildies donating crafting materials to build it. Maybe better yet the guild buys a plot of land, builds the guild hall like a castle and each guildy gets a small plot next to the guild hall to build a house.
Next to your house you could have a little garden to grow special plants to use in crafting and cooking. You would have to do some king of event to get seeds and go to different places in the game world to get water and fertilizer. The water from some lake or river, or guano from some mountain cave bat could add special properties to the plants.

Actually you should play Minecraft or harvest moon…
This thing doesnt really have much to do with the idea of GW2 neither with the actual thought of guild halls in connection to gw1 or even the gw2 system. It’s way to complex and doesn’t bring the game any further. They should connect those halls directly with existing game content… Like WvW or bringing the GvG back… They can be upgradeable like the WvW buildings are and have missions like dungeon’s with Guild entrances….

in Suggestions

Posted by: moon dancer.4712

moon dancer.4712

I want guild halls, please anet?

Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

in Suggestions

Feirlista Xv.1425

No matter how they implement personal housing or guild halls, just would like to be able to personalizes it and be a bit creative with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Personal housing?! Finally, a project I could happily undertake.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

The mining and harvesting thing depends on the Guild’s input = output means that Guild’s that invest time and points in upgrading them should be able to harvest more. It’s the same thing like farming a lot as a single person.
Also you could create Guild halls in connection to WvW. E.g. a totally upgraded Guild Hall will allow you to instantly take a turrer/sige/outpost at a certain upgraded point. This would increase the interest of Guild claiming in WvW as well as the sustainability of capturing turrets for Guilds.

These things are where the larger guilds would have the advantage. If a small guild has all their members put three hours a week into it the return will be big for them, but a larger guild would have more people to put three hours into it. So it scales up and you gain exponentially per person working three hours a week. As for WvW stuff, the bigger guilds would hold better and take better. Now, obviously your smaller guilds probably won’t be in WvW without an alliance, but the point stands. If you’re in a larger guild, or at least representing one at that time, you’ll be on better ground.

The PvP/WvW stuff doesn’t bother me that much, but the resources would as an advocate of small guilds just trying to make it with their friends.

in Suggestions

Amiceli.3847

At the current moment small guilds have no chance in WvW without a zerk… possible pre upgrades could help them to keep a turret or a outpost… Aswell your point is totally right that it will scale up so the effort will be fair for small aswell as large guilds. Good point. There should be a group of people working out an official plan or structure for the halls presenting it to arena net … but this can only work when they recognize the need or efforts of those halls and oficially put work into this feature!
The housing part is a interesting point but very hard to realize isn’kitten
Between what kind of housings you could choose?
What do they produce?
Where can they be build?
How large is the area of the halls?
:)
Are there any other people with ideas !! Let’s go and get some attention!

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Housing is a bonus, it’s purely asthedtic, in my mind. I don’t want a house that becomes a fort or a farm, I just want a place to call home. Someplace I can kick my boots off and call it a day. It should boild down to an RP aspect of this MMORPG, maybe a place to hang trophies (like some scale of some dragon you helped kill or something of the sort). Maybe it’s a place to drink with your friends, at most it should be able to house three profession stations of your choosing. If you want a different one, you can remove one and build a new one. This way it doesn’t feel OP and it doesn’t replace certain aspects of towns and cities, or aspects of the potential guild hall.

in Suggestions

Amiceli.3847

Good point. I totally agree with you i liked the halls of gw1 without any really use but with a place you fell comfortable and private with your mates. I spent so much time there… Trophys of Guild missions and maybe future Guild dungeons would be awesome enough. Crafting tables in a guild hall are not really OP to me because you can acces them in every city aswell as in some outposts too. Its just a place of piece and silence.
Maybe also to be personalized with colours and different places to choose.

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I think they need to keep certain aspects of it restricted, narrow it down to around 10-15 locations within the game world. From there allow you to pick from about 20 different base designs. This would keep their work down while making sure that there’s enough variety that the guild halls don’t all look alike. Then, they could possibly have some selections of add-ons for the main hall building. These would need to be kept to about six to ten different things, again to keep their work load small while maintaining choices for us.

Initially, I think they can be just instanced areas for us to hang out, I see no need to impliment the guild hall into the WvW or PvP aspects of the game, just yet. Keeping them separate from the living world would ensure that you always have a home to go to. As for the crafting tables, I had only meant that we don’t need all of them in the player housing aspect of the game – if something like that were to be included also.

in Suggestions

Posted by: QTrooper.2731

QTrooper.2731

I agree, me and my guildies really would like to see this in the game ^^

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Already a thread going, and it’s been merged with another topic as well. Please do a little looking for current ideas before flooding the forums:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Guild-hall-and-personal-housing/first#post2907530

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I’m really just typing here so it’ll be on the front page and people will stop making new threads for the same thing, lol. I have nothing new to add at this time.

in Suggestions

Amiceli.3847

Well there have to be more great ideas about Guild Halls. I think we all miss them in some way. Also GUILD WARS means fighting between guilds which is not possible at the moment ?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I was actually talking to a friend last night about this. I was telling her about the halls and housing in eq2 and how the halls had vendors and crafting stations and you could place trophies of bosses and stuff. would be pretty neat to have something like that.